Yuvraj Singh - A destructive player in limited overs Cricket

slow pitches are not uv's strengths.. but still uv id doing well..

show some respect to the champion who won the wc for us

Never mind SR as long as Yuvi is there because eventually he will get even.

Playing well today. Locked his place for knockouts. Hell yeah!

I thought he was done. Trust Australia to bring him back into form :afridi

Felt so amazing and nice to see Yuvraj back in form :)

:out

his worse knock ever. thanks for ruining it yuvi bhai.

This is life, there will be ups and downs. Great players are those who don't get affected by these extreme reactions/ criticisms.

Problem with Yuvi is, after his illness he seems to have lost the zip in his batting. I think it has taken its toll on his physical and mental energies.

I think he will call it a day sooner.

Screws India in world cup final.

Wins RCB their opening IPL7 match. :facepalm:

Screws India in world cup final.

Wins RCB their opening IPL7 match. :facepalm:

Yeah but look at the bowlers he scored off yesterday - scored the majority of his runs against Shami, Sharma, and Nadeem.

Yuvi is a legend in my book and he's accomplished something very few sportsmen have ever done by defeating an aggressive form of cancer to not only live another day but to play pro sport again.

That said he is, understandably, not quite good enough for international cricket anymore. The reflexes have gone a bit, the fitness has gone a bit, the timing has gone a lot, the speed in the field and between the wickets has gone a bit.

He's suitable for the IPL but that's about it. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt a few weeks ago but that final performance just said it all.

He's gone from scratching around like a tail ender to what we've seen today. Keep it up Yuvi.

The last six was monsterous.

He's gone now.

83 from 38. What a knock!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>STATBYTE:

Yuvraj Singh has now hit his highest ever T20 score (83) and taken his best ever IPL figures (4/33) in the same game!</p>— Alternative Cricket (@AltCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/AltCricket/statuses/465544066512744449">May 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Have been saying so since he first cracked the international scene - Yuvi is easily India's biggest and cleanest hitter I've ever seen play.

Sehwag, MSD, even vintage Sachin do not get close to the ease with which this guy smashes big monsters.

Has been a pleasure watching him bat.

Pity about his constant smug face. That was kinda annoying. But funny at the same time.

Yuvay.

and forgotten one for RCB..
to be fair those boundaries are too small.. ICC needs to look at this.. even an edge carries to six against a spinner lol (Yuvi vs Samson)..

Most of the sixes were 75+m ones, which would probably clear most grounds in the world

There are some places where you'll find sixes easier to hit like Bangalore & Jo'burg..

Yup. Yuvi has a wide array of attacking strokes.

When in full flow, Yuvi is more destructive and more entertaining than anyone else in the Indian team.

Too bad he doesn't do it too often. He is a much better player than what his mid 30's ODI average suggests.

A rubbish test player though.

Last edited:
Have been saying so since he first cracked the international scene - Yuvi is easily India's biggest and cleanest hitter I've ever seen play.

Sehwag, MSD, even vintage Sachin do not get close to the ease with which this guy smashes big monsters.

Has been a pleasure watching him bat.

Pity about his constant smug face. That was kinda annoying. But funny at the same time.

Yuvay.

They didn't measure distances those days, but rather than Sehwag and Sachin Ganguly used to hit it absolutely miles off the spinners. He was never a strong man, but his timing was insane and he hit quite a few out of the ground. Ditto for the erstwhile pundit Navjot Sidhu who was especially fond of the spinners.

They didn't measure distances those days, but rather than Sehwag and Sachin Ganguly used to hit it absolutely miles off the spinners. He was never a strong man, but his timing was insane and he hit quite a few out of the ground. .

Agree, particularly about Ganguly.

One of his classic shots was coming down to an offspinner and lofting a half volley miles over long off.
Did it number of times against Muralitharan during his 183 in 1999 WC.
His 6's against fast bowlers never went as far as those against off spinners

He played well yesterday but I was supporting Delhi but still enjoyed yuvi's knock

When Yuvi is in zone, he is like father of Maxwells and Chris Gayles.

UV at his best makes bowlers feel helpless. UV at his worst makes his own team feel helpless.

They didn't measure distances those days, but rather than Sehwag and Sachin Ganguly used to hit it absolutely miles off the spinners. He was never a strong man, but his timing was insane and he hit quite a few out of the ground. Ditto for the erstwhile pundit Navjot Sidhu who was especially fond of the spinners.

Saqs was talking about effortlessness in stroke making too.

Plus Yuvi has a wide array of six hitting strokes.

Don't think anyone in Indian team (including vintage Sachin) comes close to his repertoire of six hitting strokes.

Saqs was talking about effortlessness in stroke making too.

Plus Yuvi has a wide array of six hitting strokes.

Don't think anyone in Indian team (including vintage Sachin) comes close to his repertoire of six hitting strokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ9E81QkbLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ImziqgAuY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQ5El8YLGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyGmzUhBY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuK-eWkHN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Fb-y3w9yI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWBTLDyOStM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay95j07_fHg

Boy you should have known by now. :facepalm:

One word involving Sachin and all the knives come out.

Yuvraj was MORE effortless in hitting sixes than Sachin ever was.

Yuvraj having wide array of six hitting strokes DOES NOT mean Sachin had poor range of 6 hitting strokes.

But in death overs, Yuvraj's superiority over Sachin in 6 hitting was clear as day.

My view.

But thanks for those videos. Nice ones.

That Caddick 6 will remain one of the most incredible sixes I have ever seen.

Last edited:
One word involving Sachin and all the knives come out.

Yuvraj was MORE effortless in hitting sixes than Sachin ever was.

Yuvraj having wide array of six hitting strokes DOES NOT mean Sachin had poor range of 6 hitting strokes.

But in death overs, Yuvraj's superiority over Sachin in 6 hitting was clear as day.

My view.

You said Yuvi has wider array of six hitting shots than Sachin. I just pointed out that ain't true. SRT has executed some sick sixes over the years. The upper cuts, hooks, slog sweeps, flicks. straight down and even scoops. Yuvraj looks effortless but doesn't have more shots than Sach, dont say such things in hype/ :facepalm;

You said Yuvi has wider array of six hitting shots than Sachin. I just pointed out that ain't true. SRT has executed some sick sixes over the years. The upper cuts, hooks, slog sweeps, flicks. straight down and even scoops. Yuvraj looks effortless but doesn't have more shots than Sach, dont say such things in hype/ :facepalm;

Ok fair enough. Let me clarify what I meant.

Yuvi array's of six hitting strokes which he can execute over and over again is far better than Sachin. Be it full length outside off, in the pads, bouncer, good length, etc - Yuvi's strokes pretty much can deposit any ball in the stands (except perfect yorker) in a far more efficient and effortless way than Sachin.

This is my view seeing both Sachin and Yuvi bat. Maybe I should have made it clear in the past posts.

On this day, 19th September....

Yuvraj Singh became the second batter, after Herschelle Gibbs, to hit six sixes in an over in international cricket. The occasion was the World T20 encounter against England, the venue Kingsmead, Durban, and the bowler under the withering onslaught was Stuart Broad. Yuvraj, spurred by comments from Andrew Flintoff before the penultimate over, launched the first ball over cow corner; the second - measured at 111 yards - disappeared over backward square leg; the third and fourth rocketed over extra cover and point; the fifth flew over midwicket; and the sixth six landed in the stands at long-on. Yuvraj's 12-ball half-century is a record in all forms of international cricket.

On this day, 19th September....

Yuvraj Singh became the second batter, after Herschelle Gibbs, to hit six sixes in an over in international cricket. The occasion was the World T20 encounter against England, the venue Kingsmead, Durban, and the bowler under the withering onslaught was Stuart Broad. Yuvraj, spurred by comments from Andrew Flintoff before the penultimate over, launched the first ball over cow corner; the second - measured at 111 yards - disappeared over backward square leg; the third and fourth rocketed over extra cover and point; the fifth flew over midwicket; and the sixth six landed in the stands at long-on. Yuvraj's 12-ball half-century is a record in all forms of international cricket.

Amazing feat to this day...

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/wswvvc" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Aah the good old days. When i joined college in 1998 in Ambala, we had a day scholar friend from Chandigarh who used to play club cricket. He would tell us about an incredibly talented 16 yrs old leftie named Yuvi who was the talk of town for his flamboyant game. He would also tell us how arrogant the kid was and that he won't even reply if u greet him as an opposition player. But that he was a star material was clear to anyone who saw him play even for 5-10 mins in those days. Yuvi gave us Indians so much joy, great player.

Back