“I feel good when I see fear in the batter’s eyes” : Naseem Shah

Naseem Shah......

A wicket in first over in T20Is (tonight)

A wicket in first over in ODIs (earlier this month)

Second youngest player to take a five-wkt haul in Tests

Youngest player to take a Test hat-trick

I am sure the kid has worked hard since his axing from the team over a year ago. Looking like a transformed bowler since last few months.

Thank you [MENTION=131682]Ian Pont[/MENTION] and Aizaz Cheema for your efforts in redesigning him and has cut back on no balls since his ODI debut. I guess some credit to Shaun Tait as well (early days though)

He’s always had raw talent, just needs grooming and guiding to get the most out of him.

The heart and fight of this boy is immeasurable.

Naseem Shah you seriously earned my respect tonight.

Receives a deserved round of applause from the whole ground as he came off.

Anyone with 2 eyes can see his talent.

Hopefully he keeps this up and becomes a real partner in crime for Shaheen.

You youngster beauty! Can clearly see improvement in his bowling. Needs to keep working hard.

Bowled his heart out. Him and Shaheen should be opening the bowling in every format.

He should hold his head up high tonight.

Fought like a lion and when in great pain.

One of Pakistan's best performers today.

Could have easily done a hammy been out for six months very stupid to keep going in that last over.

He has been very impressive since his return.

Turning out to be a lethal LOI bowler.

Hats off to him.

Heroic performance tonight which will be remembered for a long time

As I said earlier in this thread, this guy is not half as good as he thinks and he is going to get a massive reality-check and fall hard.

Most of the posts in this thread illustrates how delusional Pakistani fans are. This delusion is mostly reflected among the players as well.

Can’t take wickets to save his life but likes to see fear in batsmen’s eyes. The only fear I am seeing is in the eyes of his fans as they look at his numbers in Australia, England and now New Zealand.

He is one special bowler. You are wrong. As always

I don’t know about fear

But I definitely saw sorry in the eyes of Rohit and Kohli today. Class bowler

Had Fakhar took that Kohli catch, Naseem would have become an instant superstar today in Pakistan. Taking Kohli's wicket in his first match would have been a dream start to his career. He did take wickets of Rahul and Sky in a typical Pakistani bowling style though. He should take care of his fitness and should stay away from lallu panju leagues. :inti

finally a worthy partner for shaheen

incredible performance, line and length and control with that pace

now is the time for the two shah's

two decades after the two w's

another era is to start

Naseem was no-seam shah before this year, now he is making the ball talk. His ability to bring the ball in to the right hander with odd outswingers make him extremely lethal.

Credit where its due. I had been bashing naseem, but today he stood up when we didnt have shaheen. Naseems line and length wasnt an issue it was just that he didnt have any movement today he got those movements.

Kohli was surprised that wat the hell was going on, first it was shaheen now a debutant pakistani pacer is again having a go at him.
I lolled when kl rahul got out because his reaction was basically, oh god not again.

I had my doubts here on naseem, but he came through well.

If naseem can keep the same quality that he bowled with today, shaheen and naseem bowling from two ends in powerplay would be a sight to watch

I'll also put my hand up and say he surprised me by the way he bowled. Showed a glimpse of his class. He was the best player in the match for me.

Pakistan screwed up by pushing him straight into test matches. He should have debuted in ODIs, T20s and if he had a good first class 3 day cricket season, should then have made his debut.

Confidence in the game of Cricket is everything. He has bowling well off late and that reflected in his bowling today

The ball that caught Kohli's edge was better than the one that got SKY in my opinion. Inswinger than a surprise outswinger, beautiful.

Watching Shaheen and Naseem bowl together will be delicious.

Bowled brilliantly today with great skill.

Needs to work on fitness (as do all the bowlers). Yes it was hot and inevitably cramps may happen in those conditions, but this is a t20!!

I would just pick him in T20Is and ODIs, let him mature and then think about playing in Test cricket.

Bowled brilliantly today with great skill.

Needs to work on fitness (as do all the bowlers). Yes it was hot and inevitably cramps may happen in those conditions, but this is a t20!!

It will be interesting to see how much water they are taking in these conditions.

Pakistan screwed up by pushing him straight into test matches. He should have debuted in ODIs, T20s and if he had a good first class 3 day cricket season, should then have made his debut.

Confidence in the game of Cricket is everything. He has bowling well off late and that reflected in his bowling today

They were wrong to debut him in Tests but the beatings he has taken around the world have made him mentally so tough! He is so down to earth now with his attitude and celebrations

He doesn’t seem to be nervous or over hyped as he used to be.

What a bowling performance from Naseem Shah, hats off to him almost willed Pakistan to victory

Good performance, needs to improve his fitness to make a major mark at the highest level.

The ball that caught Kohli's edge was better than the one that got SKY in my opinion. Inswinger than a surprise outswinger, beautiful.

Watching Shaheen and Naseem bowl together will be delicious.

Yeah I agree. We often throw around "swings it both ways" but it's actually extremely uncommon do it like that one ball in the other away and at that pace.

The one peach to Rohit was even better.

100%.

Confidence is everything and he has suffered hugely due to personal reasons too at such a young age.

Yeah I agree. We often throw around "swings it both ways" but it's actually extremely uncommon do it like that one ball in the other away and at that pace.

The one peach to Rohit was even better.

Agreed - he done Kohli like a kipper. If only we could show some killer instinct and take difficult chances like the one Fakhar dropped.

It’s all well and good saying it was a difficult chance, but this is international cricket. This is the pinnacle of cricket. You should be taking those

I am glad his out swinger is coming back that was the thing I was most excited when he came on the scene he was the closest thing to Steyn with that ball when he started watch his fifer vs SL at Karachi great spell.

He lost that ball in England back in 2020 and seems to be regaining it from the Nl odis glad he was bowling it even better yesterday.

What an excellent delivery

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 75.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/co478s" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

The apology should be just as loud as the disrespect.

Would like to see all the experts who repeatedly called him "rubbish", "mediocre", "a bad bowler", who was "never going to make it"

Nostradamus himself [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] actually called him "one of the worst bowlers in the world".

Credit where its due. I had been bashing naseem, but today he stood up when we didnt have shaheen. Naseems line and length wasnt an issue it was just that he didnt have any movement today he got those movements.

Kohli was surprised that wat the hell was going on, first it was shaheen now a debutant pakistani pacer is again having a go at him.
I lolled when kl rahul got out because his reaction was basically, oh god not again.

I had my doubts here on naseem, but he came through well.

If naseem can keep the same quality that he bowled with today, shaheen and naseem bowling from two ends in powerplay would be a sight to watch

I think you might be the only one here who has the humility to admit when he was wrong about someone. The rest of the so-called 'experts' have gone into the FBI's witness-protection program.

"Can’t take wickets to save his life but likes to see fear in batsmen’s eyes"

"One of the worst bowlers in the world. Laughably overrated by deluded fans."

"He had zero talent and skill, just a runs leaking machine."

"His entire career has been a difficult moment for Pakistani fans."

All quotes from the PP's resident expert pundit [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION].

Any idea why Naseem was teary eyed at the end of his spell when he walked off the pitch? Was it due to the pain? He should be proud of himself for that bowling effort!

"Can’t take wickets to save his life but likes to see fear in batsmen’s eyes"

"One of the worst bowlers in the world. Laughably overrated by deluded fans."

"He had zero talent and skill, just a runs leaking machine."

"His entire career has been a difficult moment for Pakistani fans."

All quotes from the PP's resident expert pundit [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION].

Average of 101 against England at an economy rate of 4.

Average of 73 against New Zealand at an economy rate of 4.6

Average of 34 against Australia.

Overall average is touching 40 at an economy rate of 3.6.

He is well on his way of becoming the worst fast bowler in Test history. His deluded fans will cry about the pitch, but you cannot blame the pitch when you are going at 6.40 an over.

He is a joke of a bowler, well on his way of becoming the worst fast bowler - at least statistically - in history of Test cricket.

He set a world record in New Zealand in 2021. He had the worst economy rate in history for a fast bowler (min. 25 overs).

He conceded 141 runs in 26 overs. He has a very good chance of breaking his own record in the first innings against England.

I think the only fear that we see is in the eyes of his fans when they look at his numbers in Test cricket against the strong sides.

He made this obnoxious statement before the first Test against England in 2020.

Since running his mouth, he has averaged 52 against England at an economy rate of 4.4 & also lost a T20 World Cup final to them where he went wicketless.

This is simply beautiful. Proper qudraat ka nizam in action as Saqlain would like to put it.

Test match bowling requires a lot of mind games. You have to master the art of setting up the batsmen on any track. 4 outswinger, 1 inswinger, 3 full balls 1 short ball. some basic set up scenarios. He has to master them to be a successful test match bowler. That is where Anderson has made huge stride. Even in unhelpful surfaces he does this set up.

Test match bowling requires a lot of mind games. You have to master the art of setting up the batsmen on any track. 4 outswinger, 1 inswinger, 3 full balls 1 short ball. some basic set up scenarios. He has to master them to be a successful test match bowler. That is where Anderson has made huge stride. Even in unhelpful surfaces he does this set up.

Anderson plays since early-2000's. Far more experienced.

But, yeah. You are right.

Last edited:
The only fear is from his own captain and team management when he is running into bowl in Tests.

Kane Williamson's wicket

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/o5cwae" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Naseem and Shaheen are the two genuine all-format intl level pace bowlers for Pakistan. In tests, in terms of leaning, he is best suited for a 3rd pacer role as he is still developing. Unfortunately, due to Shaheen’s injury and Hassan’s lack of form/other pacers inefficiency, he is being tasked to lead the attack. Still he is doing an admirable job.

He will improve his average when he plays weaker batting line ups on helpful wickets he’s here to stay long term Pakistan needs a few fast bowlers to support the spinners at home now they just need to find a decent spin bowler.

Kane Williamson's wicket

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/o5cwae" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

He’s got him out a couple of times in his short career

No easy feat getting a bonafide 50+ average Test batsman out

He’s got him out a couple of times in his short career

No easy feat getting a bonafide 50+ average Test batsman out

Excellent setup by NS

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 75.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/6yk9a0" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

He has been Pakistan test bowler in 2022, again showing his decent standard. He doesn't deserve to abused like [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] does.

We have a rubbish bowling attack, he deserves to be in the team because of it, accept the bitter fact.

Seems like bowler who is suitable for asian conditions & pitches in test cricket. Bit similar to umesh yadav who has great record in asia but outside he is quite average. Naseem can improve and do well all around though.

He is the best young all format fast bowler in the world atm let alone pakistan
He gets good batmsen out. Deserves to play on better tracks with the improvement in his bowling. His reverse swing ability gives him better chance of success in tests than shaheen.

If it wasn't for Naseem Shah and Wasim Jr had been playing, NZ would have been 400 for 2

According to @Mamoom, we have Malcom Marshall and Lille in the team hence Naseem doesn't deserve to be in the team. His stats in Asia warrants a place in this pathetic team
Naseem.JPG

Excellent bowling by Naseem - created pressure, took wickets, what more do you want on what is still a flat pitch

Naseem Shah speaking about Ubaid Shah:

“U-19 is a big learning phase. With the pace also work on your line and length as well. Ubaid takes time to get his rhythm and length, but he will learn the more he plays. If you want to play Test cricket then only pace will not make you effective, you should learn to bowl in good areas. If not you will not be able to succeed,”

“I have played with cricketers, who were more talented than me but they fizzled out because they became lazy. They never worked on their fitness.”

Naseem Shah speaking about Ubaid Shah:

“U-19 is a big learning phase. With the pace also work on your line and length as well. Ubaid takes time to get his rhythm and length, but he will learn the more he plays. If you want to play Test cricket then only pace will not make you effective, you should learn to bowl in good areas. If not you will not be able to succeed,”

“I have played with cricketers, who were more talented than me but they fizzled out because they became lazy. They never worked on their fitness.”
Why Naseem touting Ubaid on his pace? Do he really think Ubaid is some 140k bowler who needs to work on his line and length?

And what talented pacers he played with who were young as him and more talented? I haven’t come across a single bowler who bowler more quickly then Naseem and then fizzled out.

Happy Birthday to the Youngest player to take a hat-trick in Test cricket, Naseem Shah.

He has represented Pakistan in 17 Tests, 14 ODIs, and 19 T20Is So far and has 98 international wickets to his name. Hoping to see him back to 100 percent in the upcoming PSL.

Looks like he didn't see any fear in the batsmen's eyes today. :klopp

Always was and always will be a poor bowler. He is someone whose reputation and hype are always far beyond his actual performance.

What a joker. Where do you make guys like this on earth?

bunch of coward tourists .. lead by brainless cuptain ...

wo aaye england me ..aur khel ke chale gaye

enjoy the vacations guyz... enjoy the beaches

Folkestone Beach​

Folkestone Beach​

"Gabrana nahi hai" :babar

Folkestone Beach​

Lmao I’d rather go to Clifton than the miserable sight that is UK beaches

Hahaha Liton Das shamshed Naseem and i have seen fear in Naseem eye . He was hopeless . Naseem is turning out to be a most overhyped Pacer of recent times

Hahaha Liton Das shamshed Naseem and i have seen fear in Naseem eye . He was hopeless . Naseem is turning out to be a most overhyped Pacer of recent times
Pak pacers are prone to this overrated nonsense. Batsmen saw fear, they were shaking in the boots nonsense..and then promptly get hammered in due course and the cycle con6

This guy is way too overrated, he is Wahab Riaz/Umesh Yadav level at best and shorter than both. :sachin

This guy is way too overrated, he is Wahab Riaz/Umesh Yadav level at best and shorter than both. :sachin
Naseem will do well to emulate Umesh Yadav. Yadav is brilliant in Asian conditions and has 170 Test wickets at 30.9. A decent record and he can still bowl quick.

Every bowler likes to see fear in the batter's eyes when he is bowling. It is nothing new or strange to say but yes, you have to bowl well for that and Naseem is not that bad atm. He did a better job than the likes of Shaheen etc.

Naseem has been rested for the 2nd test match against Bangladesh. It is pretty weird that he is rested for an all-important must-win game but he might be in action in the domestic one day cup.

Back