3rd T20I between New Zealand [160] & India [75/4] ends in a tie [DLS method] - India win series 1-0

Chance for Deepak Hooda to show what he can do here. He should try to stay till the end.

India is on par with DL score now. If thegame does not resume it will be a tie.

NZ 160 (19.4)
IND 75/4 (9) CRR: 8.33 REQ: 7.82
Rain stops play - India need 86 runs in 66 balls

Wonder if they were hacking because of rain? It was ugly cricket by India swinging like gully cricketers against every ball.

Barring Suryakumar and Hardik, none of these Indian batsman are good in T20s. :facepalm

Kishan is okay. PAnt needs to be shown door. Iyer vs bounce an issue. Otherwise he is not that bad. Samson can come in.

Kishan intent is good but he has plenty of weakness too. He was not in the right position to pull that delivery. Good for 30@130 or something like that. Same for Iyer. Pant throws his wicket playing rash shots everytime.

I only see SKY as the real deal and Pandya probably due to all round skill is good enough.

Kishan intent is good but he has plenty of weakness too. He was not in the right position to pull that delivery. Good for 30@130 or something like that. Same for Iyer. Pant throws his wicket playing rash shots everytime.

I only see SKY as the real deal and Pandya probably due to all round skill is good enough.

Kishan is Rahul with less talent and more intent. He won’t survive outside India. Pant, kishan , Iyer , sundar, Chahal need to go

NZ 160 (19.4)

IND 75/4 (9)

Match tied (Teams score level on DLS method)

The third and final T20I between India and New Zealand ended in a tie as India (75/4 in 9 overs) were on par with the DLS score.

With no-time left for the match to resume, the umpires decided to call the game off and it ended as a tie.

Earlier, India lost the wickets of Ishan Kishan, Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer and Suryakumar Yadav and their 161-run chase was rocked early against New Zealand in the third T20I.

Mohammed Siraj and Arshdeep Singh took four wickets each as India bundled out New Zealand for 160.

Devon Conway and Glenn Phillips hit 50s for New Zealand, but India displayed a bowling exhibition at the death. Earlier,

India struck early as Arshdeep Singh removed Finn Allen and then Siraj struck to dismiss Mark Chapman. Earlier, New Zealand won the toss and opted to bat first in the third and final T20I at Napier.

NDTV

For now he is likely to be more consistent than Pant. India needs someone like him. Not someone who half defends and drags the ball on to stumps. Today ball was unusually very bouncy. Neither team could cope with extra bounce of a length.

Kishan is Rahul with less talent and more intent. He won’t survive outside India. Pant, kishan , Iyer , sundar, Chahal need to go

Entire NZ team had issues against short balls too. Don't write them off before giving a proper run. Kishan needs a run. On a track like Adelaide oval Kishan would have been a box office player.

A rare tie in the third and final T20I in Napier saw India complete a 1-0 series win over New Zealand in a T20I series that shortly followed the ICC Men's T20 World Cup.

A washed-out game in Wellington kicked off the series while rain played spoilsport in the final T20I again in Napier, but in between, we had some riveting action in the series between New Zealand and India, including a hundred from the No.1 ranked T20I batter in the MRF Tyres ICC Men's T20I batting rankings.

Here's a look at three events from the series that escaped headlines, but would probably be looked back upon a while from now.

The hit-wicket sequence

Hardik Pandya was out hit-wicket off the final ball of the innings against England in the T20 World Cup semi-final contest in Adelaide that India went on to lose by 10 wickets.

In a rare sequence, in the first completed match following it (the first T20I was abandoned), Shreyas Iyer was out hit-wicket trying to nudge one off the back foot off the bowling of Lockie Ferguson in the second T20I in Mount Maunganui.

Tim Southee's hat-trick

Tim Southee's hat-trick, his second in T20Is, might not have saved New Zealand many runs given that it came in the last over, but kept the centurion Suryakumar Yadav off strike in the entire final over.

While Yadav's century hogged headlines, Southee created a record of his own, becoming the only bowler after Lasith Malinga to record more than one hat-trick in men's T20Is. Concy Aweko, an off-spinner from Uganda, has accomplished the same in women's T20Is.

The tied DLS par score

The third T20I in Napier was washed out with India on 75/4 after 9 overs while in pursuit of 161 to win. The relentless rain forced DLS to come into play, but there still was no winner with the scores level on DLS.

There have been two other instances of tied T20Is with the scores level on DLS: Netherlands' tie with Malaysia in 2021 in the Nepal T20I tri-series and Gibraltar's tie with Malta, also in 2021, during a bilateral series.

The more famous incident, of course, came in another format in the 2003 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup where hosts South Africa were eliminated from the tournament after they miscalculated the DLS par score and ended up levelling the score instead of taking an extra run.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2914874

Kishan
Pant(wkt)
Samson
SKY
Hooda
Pandya
Jadeja/D Chahar
Kuldeep
Siraj
Arshdeep
Bumrah

I think this is the best XI India should field in T20s.

In the two opportunities that India got - the series-opener in Wellington was rained out without a ball being bowled - in the three-match T20I series against New Zealand, they decided not to play x-factor players like Sanju Samson and Umran Malik in the XI, much to the surprise of many. After the T20 World Cup exit, the popular belief was that India will inject an out-an-out seamer in the T20I set-up and play more free-flowing batters but their decision to bench Samson and Malik painted a different picture. When asked about Samson and Umran's non-selection, India's stand-in captain for the T20I leg of the tour, Hardik Pandya, said the ones who didn't get a game in the series will definitely get a long run in the future.

"Pahli baat toh bahar kaun kya bol raha hai usse ye level pe fadak nahi padta. Ye meri team hai,ht coach aur mujhe jo theek lagega, jo side hume chahie hoga (hum wo khilayenge). Bohut samay hai. Sabko muka milega aur jab mauka milega lamba milega. Agar bada series hota, zyada matches hote toh obviously opportunities zyada hote. Ye chhota series tha, main zyada chiop and change mein believe nei karta aur age bhi believe nei karunga. (First things first, who is saying what outside, doesn't really affect us at this level. This is my team and I'll pick the best side after discussing with the coach. There is ample of time. Everyone will get their chances and when they do, it will be a long run. This was a small series, if we had more matches then we could have tried out more players)," Hardik said in the press conference after the third T20I in Napier ended in a tie via DLS method.

A long uninterrupted run is what Samson and Umran would be hoping for. The due have been travelling almost regularly with the limited-overs side but their opportunities to play in XI have been limited. While Umran Malik is still pretty raw, Samson has been going through this ordeal for close to three years now.

Hardik gave Deepak Hooda's example to further strengthen his point, adding that the team management wanted a sixth-bowling option so they tried out Hooda and it worked. The off-spinner picked up four wickets in the second T20I and did a good job even on Tuesday.

"Jaise mujhe six-bowling option chahie tha aur woh cheeez is tour mein aya hai jaise Deepak ne ball dala hai. Thoda thoda karke agar aise batsman chip in karte rahenge (with the ball) toh aapke paas bohut sare mauke honge naye bowlers use karke opponents ko surprise karne ka. (For example, I wanted a six-bowling option and Deepak did that very well. If the batters start to chip in with the ball then we will have options to surprise the opposition)," he said.

Chasing 161 to win, India were struggling at 21 for three in 2.5 overs but Pandya smashed three boundaries and a six to take the visitors to 75 for four, which proved to be at par with the DLS score when the match was called off due to rain.

The two teams thus shared the honours with India clinching the three-match series 1-0, courtesy their 65-run win in the second game on Sunday.

"Would have liked to win the game by playing the full overs, but it is what it is. At some point, I felt attack is the best defence on this wicket," Hardik said.

Hardik will now head home as Shikhar Dhawan will step in to lead the side in the three-match ODI series starting Friday.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...dia-vs-new-zealand-t20is-101669124965610.html

Entire NZ team had issues against short balls too. Don't write them off before giving a proper run. Kishan needs a run. On a track like Adelaide oval Kishan would have been a box office player.

I don't get when we have world's best young opening batsman ,Shubhman gill why we are making all these B grade middle order batsman openers (Pant(Worst),Kishan(Subcontinent player),And other phenomenal lefty Jaiswal watch his off side cut shots so beautiful, Try Shwa although not sure about him but good for asian condition, We had Nagarkoti 18 year old sensation 150Kph speed but now he's faded ,Due to negligence of Selectors and now same wil happen with Umran,Basheer, Kuldeep sen and a talented leg spinner Bishnoi.

Last edited:
I don't get when we have world's best young opening batsman ,Shubhman gill why we are making all these B grade middle order batsman openers (Pant(Worst),Kishan(Subcontinent player),And other phenomenal lefty Jaiswal watch his off side cut shots so beautiful, Try Shwa although not sure about him but good for asian condition, We had Nagarkoti 18 year old sensation 150Kph speed but now he's faded ,Due to negligence of Selectors and now same wil happen with Umran,Basheer, Kuldeep sen and a talented leg spinner Bishnoi.

Gill is more suitable for one dayers. Not T20s. He is very slow. T20 format is suitable for hacks, unorthodox players, players with fast hand with a few exceptions like Kohli. Your mindset also have to be positive. You don't need to play for 120 balls. Just 20 ball cameo is good enough.

Back