A thread to register new cricket records

Myself being called "sister" is also the first instance on the forum, thus adding another record to the thread.

So should we ask ICC to add this record in cricket books :13: or it will remain in PP books only?

So should we ask ICC to add this record in cricket books :13: or it will remain in PP books only?

The ICC is anti-Pakistan and pro-Big3 anyway. No point in asking them. What should matter is that the PP crowd have witnessed it themselves.

* West Indies yesterday defended 96 in a T20I match against Ireland. Barring a couple of rain-effected game, this is hence a record for a complete 20-20 overs game.

New Diamond Duck world record by an ODI captain!

Attachments

• mu.jpg
    mu.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 434
Read this tweet:)))!

Umar Akmal - the first player in history to get a Man of the Match award and an arrest warrant on the same day.

You got out without facing a single ball of the innings. Run outs.

Getting out of a wide ball also can be added as a possibility.

Read this tweet:)))!

Umar Akmal - the first player in history to get a Man of the Match award and an arrest warrant on the same day.

Getting out of a wide ball also can be added as a possibility.

Wow :))):)))
This is truly epic

This one is funny:

* Abdur Rehman becomes the first bowler in the history of mankind to concede runs without bowling a legal delivery:))). He conceded eight in today´s Asia Cup match against Bangladesh by bowling three waist high full-tossed no-balls.

Edit:
Rather mysteriously, six bowlers in fact have conceded runs without bowling a ball prior to this (in all formats). So the record in this sense would be of conceding most runs in an international match without bowling a ball. Well done Abdur Rehman!

Last edited:
* Lasith Malinga took five wickets in the Asia Cup final on Saturday - the first instance of a bowler taking all five wickets to fall in an innings in an ODI.

Following what the Netherlands did to Ireland today in the ICC World T20 match.....

* The Netherlands hit a record 19 sixes in the innings.

* 30 sixes were hit in the match, also a record.

* Scored 91-runs in the six powerplay overs - a record.

* Their run-rate of 13.95 is now the highest in a complete twenty-over game - New Zealand still hold the overall record but it was in a seven-over game against Scotland in 2009.

Last edited:
* Just got to know that MS Dhoni has captained in the most T20I matches - 43 matches.

* All those aforementioned matches are as wicket-keeper as well. So a record for a wicket-keeper captain:msd.

Another match involving the Netherlands today in the ongoing tournament, records tumble once again - albeit in the negative direction this time around:)).

* Bowled out for the lowest T20I team total ever - 39.

* Facing only 63 balls makes it the shortest innings ever in INTERNATIONAL CRICKET (in which a team has been bowled out).

* Sri Lanka completed the shortest chase in T20I cricket, winning with 90 balls to spare.

* MS Dhoni now has most stumpings in international cricket - 128. Kumar Sangakkara is one behind him and has of course neither retired yet, nor given up the wicket keeping job. So it will be a clsely fought contest it seems.

* A random one, but Dhoni is the only captain to lead his team to the number one ranking in all three formats of the game.

* The Netherlands played the same team for the sixth consecutive match today, which is a record in T20I cricket, going past Australia's five.

* Ahmed Shehzad yesterday became the youngest player to make a T20I century.

* Against Sri Lanka on Monday, Kane Williamson of New Zealand made 42 out of the overall team score of 60, which translates into 70% of the overall total. This is a record in any format, as in ODI cricket Viv Richards once made 69.48% runs in an ODI game, and Charles Bannerman made 67.34% in a Test match, which in fact was the first international cricket game ever played.

^The above only includes complete innings´ (in which a team has either played out all the overs or has been bowled out).^

* The Pakistan-West Indies T20I clash saw five stumpings, which is a record for a T20 International. Four of those were effected by the West Indies.

Last edited:
* With 3763, Jonathan Trott has the most number of runs in Test cricket without ever hitting a six.

The record for most Test runs before hitting a six belongs to Australia´s Ian Radpath, who made 4460 runs before hitting a six.

* Shaminda Eranga of Sri Lanka is the only player in the history of the game to have taken a wicket in the first over of his debut matches in all three formats.

Take a bow:bow:!

* Shaminda Eranga of Sri Lanka is the only player in the history of the game to have taken a wicket in the first over of his debut matches in all three formats.

Take a bow:bow:!

still there's a chance to beat that record.. ie pick wickets in first ball debut matches in every format.. is it too much..

* Mark Craig of New Zealand hit the first ball of his career for a six, which makes him the only man to do so as far as Test cricket is concerned. Bear in mind though that the records of the early cricket played aren´t quite preserved to the extent that we can conclude things for a surety. But for now, it´s the only instance as far as the records and the statistics are concerned.

* Shane Shillingford becomes the only number eleven to hit five sixes in an innings in any format of the game.

Bangladesh vs India, 2nd ODI ,2014

* The aggregate of 163 is the lowest, by some distance, in an ODI in which 20 wickets fell; the previous lowest was 203, in a match between Kenya and Zimbabwe in Harare in 2006 - Kenya scored 134 and bowled Zimbabwe out for 69.

* Before this game, the lowest total India had successfully defended was 119, against Sri Lanka in Port of Spain last year, but that was in a 29-overs-per-side game. Against Pakistan in Sharjah in 1985, they defended 125 in a 50-over game. This is also the lowest score successfully defended by any team after being bowled out.

From 44 for 2, Bangladesh lost eight wickets for 14, which is the third-lowest runs scored for an eight-wicket collapse in ODIs. The two instances of fewer runs being scored were by England in the 1979 World Cup final, when they collapsed from 183 for 2 to 194 all out, and Sri Lanka against West Indies in Sharjah in 1986, when they lost 8 for 10 (45 for 2 to 55 all out).

* at 19 years and 75 days, Taskin is the youngest among the eight to take five on debut; the record was previously held by Sri Lanka's Charitha Buddhika, who was 21 years and 65 days old when he took 5 for 67 against Zimbabwe in Sharjah in 2001.

* Mark Craig of New Zealand hit the first ball of his career for a six, which makes him the only man to do so as far as Test cricket is concerned. Bear in mind though that the records of the early cricket played aren´t quite preserved to the extent that we can conclude things for a surety. But for now, it´s the only instance as far as the records and the statistics are concerned.

* Shane Shillingford becomes the only number eleven to hit five sixes in an innings in any format of the game.

In early cricket you only got a 6 if you hit the ball over the stands and out of the stadium.

Bangladesh vs India, 2nd ODI ,2014

* The aggregate of 163 is the lowest, by some distance, in an ODI in which 20 wickets fell; the previous lowest was 203, in a match between Kenya and Zimbabwe in Harare in 2006 - Kenya scored 134 and bowled Zimbabwe out for 69.

* Before this game, the lowest total India had successfully defended was 119, against Sri Lanka in Port of Spain last year, but that was in a 29-overs-per-side game. Against Pakistan in Sharjah in 1985, they defended 125 in a 50-over game. This is also the lowest score successfully defended by any team after being bowled out.

From 44 for 2, Bangladesh lost eight wickets for 14, which is the third-lowest runs scored for an eight-wicket collapse in ODIs. The two instances of fewer runs being scored were by England in the 1979 World Cup final, when they collapsed from 183 for 2 to 194 all out, and Sri Lanka against West Indies in Sharjah in 1986, when they lost 8 for 10 (45 for 2 to 55 all out).

* at 19 years and 75 days, Taskin is the youngest among the eight to take five on debut; the record was previously held by Sri Lanka's Charitha Buddhika, who was 21 years and 65 days old when he took 5 for 67 against Zimbabwe in Sharjah in 2001.

Thanks man! I was going to post the updates regarding it myself.

In early cricket you only got a 6 if you hit the ball over the stands and out of the stadium.

O´ woah! Precious piece of information, this. Can I get to read anything online about it? *Not that I don´t trust you, sir.*

Thanks man! I was going to post the updates regarding it myself.

O´ woah! Precious piece of information, this. Can I get to read anything online about it? *Not that I don´t trust you, sir.*

I'll try and look for it. I remember reading it in a cricket book.

[MENTION=6745]DHONI183[/MENTION]
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/234084.html

Prior to 1910 the ball had to be hit out of the ground for six runs to be awarded, otherwise it was a four (although for a while the custom in Australia had been to award five runs for a hit over the ropes, with the batsman losing the strike). The first to collect a six by hitting the ball out of the ground in a Test was the Australian Joe Darling, during his 178 against England at Adelaide in 1897-98. The South Australian Register reported that Darling moved from 98 to 104 with "a hit to square leg which sent the ball sailing out of the Oval" off the slow left-armer Johnny Briggs. He also hit Briggs twice over the rope for fives. In 1902 Darling, by then Australia's captain, was also the first to hit an out-of-the-ground six in a Test in England: he hit two during his 51 at Old Trafford.

* Shivnarine Chanderpaul took the most number of innings in Test cricket before getting stumped: 266. Mahela Jayawerdene currently has played 244 Test innings without being stumped in his Test career.

These ones are for the fans of Sachin Tendulkar, although these records are not any recently set.....

* He is the only batsman to have been dismissed thrice on 99 in international cricket - all of them being ODI matches.

The one below is an interesting one.....

* He is the only to have made a score of more than 180 in ODI cricket in whites (186) as well as coloured clothing (200). He remained unbeaten in both these innings by the way.

* All this also makes him the man with most 170 plus scores in ODIs: three.

* .... and also with most 150 plus scores in ODIs: five.
[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] Putting aside the rest three, I don´t think that many could have even thought about the second one. Take a bow to my genius mind:msd!

These ones are for the fans of Sachin Tendulkar, although these records are not any recently set.....

* He is the only batsman to have been dismissed thrice on 99 in international cricket - all of them being ODI matches.

The one below is an interesting one.....

* He is the only to have made a score of more than 180 in ODI cricket in whites (186) as well as coloured clothing (200). He remained unbeaten in both these innings by the way.

* All this also makes him the man with most 170 plus scores in ODIs: three.

* .... and also with most 150 plus scores in ODIs: five.

[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] Putting aside the rest three, I don´t think that many could have even thought about the second one. Take a bow to my genius mind:msd!

:))

True bud.

No one could have thought of the second one.

The best thing about Sachin is that he is a short man. And for guys like me he is a inspiration. Cricket is a game where all heights can make a impact.

Sam Whiteman and Mitch Marsh put on 371 runs after Whiteman came in at 6/99
This is the highest seventh wicket partnership by two Western Australians, by two Australians and the highest seventh wicket partnership in Australia.
Possibly one of the biggest partnership by two 22 year olds but I can't confirm it just yet.

Marsh's 211 was his highest first class score (he previously had scored 1 century which was a 111)
Whiteman's 174 was his first century.

The 211 by Mitch Marsh makes the highest first class score scored by someone who has been dissmissed by [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION]. I've also played agains Whiteman but never got him out

Sam Whiteman and Mitch Marsh put on 371 runs after Whiteman came in at 6/99
This is the highest seventh wicket partnership by two Western Australians, by two Australians and the highest seventh wicket partnership in Australia.
Possibly one of the biggest partnership by two 22 year olds but I can't confirm it just yet.

Marsh's 211 was his highest first class score (he previously had scored 1 century which was a 111)
Whiteman's 174 was his first century.

The 211 by Mitch Marsh makes the highest first class score scored by someone who has been dissmissed by [MENTION=132373]Convict[/MENTION]. I've also played agains Whiteman but never got him out

Ah´, great to read, the last bit! I would follow his batting closely if he makes it to the international to let you know of his weaknesses so that you can dismiss him some day.

Back to it, the match between India A and Australia A must have been a good match.

Ah´, great to read, the last bit! I would follow his batting closely if he makes it to the international to let you know of his weaknesses so that you can dismiss him some day.

Back to it, the match between India A and Australia A must have been a good match.

It was pretty flat but from a WA supporters perspective it was great. Whiteman's cementing himself as Haddin's heir with Lehmann watching in the crowd. And Mitch finally played the innings everyone knew he had in him to play.

Cricket Australia are streaming the A games live so I got to watch as well.

Can anyone tell me Amla's 14th ODI 100 today was fastest to 14th 100 in terms of matches/innings?
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] ??

Can anyone tell me Amla's 14th ODI 100 today was fastest to 14th 100 in terms of matches/innings?
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] ??

I think he should be as he was the fastest to everything till now :) But someone can confirm.

Below are the records that were tumbled at Trent Bridge, during the first ongoing Test match between England and India:

* The last wicket partnership of 198 runs between Joe Root and James Anderson is now a record. The previous being of 163 between Phil Hughes and Ashton Agar, at the same ground the last summer.

* The last wicket from either sides has so far produced 309 runs, also a record. India´s 10th wicket pair of Mohammad Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar also put on a partnership of 111.

* Anderson batted 230 minutes - a record for the 11th batsman by a long way.

Below are the records that were tumbled at Trent Bridge, during the first ongoing Test match between England and India:

* The last wicket partnership of 198 runs between Joe Root and James Anderson is now a record. The previous being of 163 between Phil Hughes and Ashton Agar, at the same ground the last summer.

* The last wicket from either sides has so far produced 309 runs, also a record. India´s 10th wicket pair of Mohammad Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar also put on a partnership of 111.

* Anderson batted 230 minutes - a record for the 11th batsman by a long way.

Let me add further to this......

* Shami and Anderson both scoring fifties marks the only instance of the number 11 batsmen from both sides doing so in the same Test match.

* Kumar is the only batsman to have scored fifties in each innings batting at number nine in a drawn Test match:p.

* Quinton de Kock effected nine dismissals as a wicket-keeper in Galle Test match recently, which is the record for a wicket-keeper doing the keeping for the first time.

He had played a game already before that but he didn´t keep in that game (at home against Australia). The record for a debutant is eight, by Australia´s Bob Taylor.

Phil Hughes 202* against South Africa A is the highest score in List A cricket by an Australian.

Also amusing to note that he ended up outscoring South Africa A

* With 50 sixes, MS Dhoni now holds the record for the most number of sixes hit as a captain in Test cricket:msd.

People like [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] still fail to rate him in the longest format. Haterz gonna hate:msd!

* With 50 sixes, MS Dhoni now holds the record for the most number of sixes hit as a captain in Test cricket:msd.

People like [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] still fail to rate him in the longest format. Haterz gonna hate:msd!

Yes, six hitting is one of the most important components in Test cricket.

Seriously though, Dhoni when he decides to attack is a sight to behold. Can pretty much butcher anyone. Just that he struggles to survive the tough spells which would allow him to cash in on the easy spells.

Yes, six hitting is one of the most important components in Test cricket.

Seriously though, Dhoni when he decides to attack is a sight to behold. Can pretty much butcher anyone. Just that he struggles to survive the tough spells which would allow him to cash in on the easy spells.

You will hardly see me debating in his favour, because I am like those annoying priests who use every opportunity to further their agenda by pointing to examples. You know, like, an Atheists comes out of the toilet, the priest goes like, "Now who is the Maker of this system, of eating and then going?" *The Atheist hangs his head in shame.*

I aim to enlighten you with time and patience. Stay tuned.....

You will hardly see me debating in his favour, because I am like those annoying priests who use every opportunity to further their agenda by pointing to examples. You know, like, an Atheists comes out of the toilet, the priest goes like, "Now who is the Maker of this system, of eating and then going?" *The Atheist hangs his head in shame.*

I aim to enlighten you with time and patience. Stay tuned.....

:)) Funny.

I hope I don't succumb to your subtle pressure building and continue bashing Dhoni in Tests.

Though I do hope he proves me wrong at least temporarily.

Like today where we need a Test match to be saved.

"Herath has bowled a phenomenal 491.4 overs in eight Tests since the New Year's Test against Pakistan. No other cricketer has delivered more than 285 overs in Tests this year."

Wow!!

Note: I am yet to verify the details of the record counted below, which I will do tomorrow from my PC. I will mention it here in case I get it wrong, and if I have got it right, [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] has another dig coming his way:msd.

* With a yet another fifty in the ongoing Test series against England, the third by him, MS Dhoni now holds the record for most fifties against a particular team in Test cricket without a single century.

When he equalled the record in the last game I let it go hoping that he would go on to perhaps make a century the next day, and today again I hoped and hoped....

Note: I am yet to verify the details of the record counted below, which I will do tomorrow from my PC. I will mention it here in case I get it wrong, and if I have got it right, [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] has another dig coming his way:msd.

* With a yet another fifty in the ongoing Test series against England, the third by him, MS Dhoni now holds the record for most fifties against a particular team in Test cricket without a single century.

When he equalled the record in the last game I let it go hoping that he would go on to perhaps make a century the next day, and today again I hoped and hoped....

This was a seriously good innings by Dhoni.

If Ashwin had not played that stupid shot, Dhoni was on track for a century. Ashwin also could have scored well.

Damn.

I WAS RIGHT! This is indeed a world record for MS Dhoni in Test cricket with 11 fifties against England now. Some player called Dave Nourse of South Africa was the record-holder earlier, who made 10 fifties, also against England!

This was a seriously good innings by Dhoni.

If Ashwin had not played that stupid shot, Dhoni was on track for a century. Ashwin also could have scored well.

Damn.

Perhaps the toughest conditions that he has battled out in Test cricket. Credit to him. I watched each and every ball so closely. I think a century was on even if Bhuvneshwar Kumar had managed to stay. He had to change his game once the eighth wicket fell.

Well, you can´t be too sure with him as he has missed three-four centuries in the past, easily.

* Rangana Herath becomes the only left-arm bowler to take nine wickets in an innings in Test cricket, or cricket in general.

* In the yesterday concluded Test match between Sri Lanka and Pakistan at Colombo, 28 (of the 40) wickets (to fall) were taken by the left-arm bowlers involved in the match, from either sides, spinners and pace bowlers alike, which is a record in cricket. The previous record of 28 was set in 1889!

A couple of more records were made in the recently concluded England-India Test series.

* Bhuvneshwar Kumar scored 247 runs in the series, which is a record for a batsman batting at number nine.

* The 10th wicket from both sides produced 499 runs (267 by England, 232 by India), again a record for the 10th wicket in a series.

* MS Dhoni now has 131 stumpings in international cricket - a record. Kumar Sangakkara previously had 129 stumpings to his name.

And now a couple of old records for my friend [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION]......

* Dhoni holds the record in both Test cricket as well as ODIs for the highest score by a captain and wicket-keeper at the same time:

139 not out in ODIs versus Australia in October 2013.

224 in Test cricket versus Australia in February 2013.

Both were such memorable innings!

Shakib Al Hasan - the first and still only all-rounder to be ranked in top 3 across all forms.

First time Steyn was hit for three sixes from the the first three balls of an over

* Quinton de Kock is now the fastest wicket keeper to reach to 50 dismissals in ODI cricket, taking only 27 games. Overall he has played 28 games though, with one as non-wicket-keeper.

Anyone know what the record number of runs is a 2 match Test series by a Pakistani is?

Last edited:
* An hour ago or so, Misbah-ul-Haq just smashed the fastest fifty in Test cricket, a world record! This is unique because it´s a record in terms of balls (21) as well as minutes, with the former record previously belonging to Jacques Kallis and the latter to Mohammad Ashraful (27).

Wow, take a bow:14::bow:!

Anyone know what the record number of runs is a 2 match Test series by a Pakistani is?

I am not aware of that.

Before the ongoing series in which Younis Khan has made 468 runs in all, it was Javed Miandad who had previously held the record for Pakistan with 389 runs in a two-Test series against New Zealand in 1989.

Last edited:
* An hour ago or so, Misbah-ul-Haq just smashed the fastest fifty in Test cricket, a world record! This is unique because it´s a record in terms of balls (21) as well as minutes, with the former record previously belonging to Jacques Kallis and the latter to Mohammad Ashraful (27).

* Goes on to make a century of 56 balls, the joint-fastest in Test cricket, equaling Viv Richards´ record. The funny thing is, since Richards too was a right-handed batsman as well as was captaining the side, poor Misbah doesn´t get to make a record for these qualifications either. But hey, it is the fastest century on a neutral venue mind you.

What an innings:bow:!

Before the ongoing series in which Younis Khan has made 468 runs in all, it was Javed Miandad who had previously held the record for Pakistan with 389 runs in a two-Test series against New Zealand in 1989.

Younis got ahead easily in the end. :viv

* Pakistan batsmen made nine centuries in the series against Australia, the most in a two-Test series.

Sarfraz made the record for the fastest test hundred by a Pakistani wicket keeper in the first test.

It was also the second fastest by any wicket keeper.

* At 40, Misbah-ul-Haq became the oldest player to score two centuries in a Test match. The man is finally getting his name into the record books:misbah.

Records have been broken left right and centre this series :))

* With a century and two five-wicket hauls in both innings of the second Test match against Zimbabwe, Shakib al-Hasan becomes the first spinner in the history of the game to get a century as well as 10 wickets in a match, third overall after Ian Botham and Imran Khan.

* Goes on to make a century of 56 balls, the joint-fastest in Test cricket, equaling Viv Richards´ record. The funny thing is, since Richards too was a right-handed batsman as well as was captaining the side, poor Misbah doesn´t get to make a record for these qualifications either. But hey, it is the fastest century on a neutral venue mind you.

What an innings:bow:!

74 – The number of minutes it took Misbah to score his century, which was the second-fastest of all time in Test cricket. Australia's Jack Gregory scored a century in 70 minutes against South Africa in 1921.

Back