Aamir Sohail willing to buy PCB's biomechanics equipment if it is 'useless'

cricwiz

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
By Khalid Hussain

KARACHI: Former Pakistan captain Aamir Sohail on Monday took another swipe at Ijaz Butt when he offered to buy biomechanics machinery which was rejected as ‘useless’ by the country’s cricket chief at a meeting of a sub-committee of the Public Accounts Committee in Islamabad.

“If the PCB thinks it is useless then I am willing to buy the equipment. I will use it myself for the betterment of our players,” the former Test opener told ‘The News’. Butt, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman, told the sub-committee at the Parliament House on Monday that he believes that the equipment bought by the Board for almost 45 million rupees to set up a biomechanics lab in 2008 was completely useless.

Aamir, who resigned as PCB’s Director Game Development after falling out with Butt, said that during his tenure he had helped put a biomechanics lab ‘up and running’ at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Lahore.

“Mr Butt is misleading our people by saying that the machinery is useless and that there is nobody in Pakistan who is capable of running it,” he said. “We found a qualified operator last year who worked with the PCB for three months. Unfortunately he was sacked by the Board without being paid a single penny for his services.”

Aamir said that Bashir Tahir made the lab operational and worked with several players. “We assessed a lot of players. It was a great induction,” he stressed. Aamir said that Tahir was sacked by Butt on the advice of Intikhab Alam. “I don’t know why they did it but it was a poor decision. Biomechanics is a key area in cricket development these days and cannot be ignored.”

Almost a year ago, Butt had expressed completely different views about the biomechanics lab, which he rejected as a waste of money on Monday in front of the PAC sub-committee. At a time when a section of the press was criticising the PCB for wasting money on the expensive equipment, the Board issued a press release on Butt’s behalf on April 28 last year which said: “The NCA Biomechanics Laboratory is a landmark project in the history of Pakistan cricket. It is concerned with the enhancement of understanding and performance in athletic events through modelling, simulation and measurement. The laboratory is engaged, initially in the areas of Research and Development and Computational Support for Biomechanics and Injury Mitigation System (BIMS) in the study of the mechanics of various cricketing activities like, bowling, batting, catching and throwing. The research is patterned with both the motion of athletes and the motion of sports implements. The emphasis is on developing mathematical and computational models for events which allow increased understanding, performance evaluation and optimisation in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention as well as Rehabilitation Process and Programmes.”

The statement concluded: “Chairman PCB Mr Ijaz Butt took a special initiative to ensure that the equipment was put into practice and from last several weeks it is fully operational. Anyone, who doubts that the software and equipment is lying redundant, is welcome to have a look.”

Aamir, who was aware of the PCB statement, said that Butt’s U-turn on the issue is another proof that either he has gone senile and forgets his own policies or is simply incapable of running Pakistan cricket in a professional manner.

“I’m surprised as to how anybody can change his statement like this. One day you are calling it your landmark project and then you are rejecting it as completely useless. It’s unbelievable.”

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=236226

I wonder how much money it would take to bribe butt to retire. I reckon we could get the money

Zu456 said:
I wonder how much money it would take to bribe butt to retire. I reckon we could get the money

brilliant idea my fellow pp-poster!

lets make a donation bank and set it up on pp, i am sure we can all pitch in some money!

Zu456 said:
Brilliant Idea,I think we can do it for the betterment of Pakistan.

It is a big worry for you guys.............. we(BCCI) got rid of Modi, who was a successful mastermind in raking in the moolah easily and you guys are struggling to get rid of butt sahab even after his disastrous regime and thinking of buying him out.......hmmmmm

Dont be so harsh. Im sure Butt just forgot again. Can happen to anyone.

Fawad2010 said:
brilliant idea my fellow pp-poster!

lets make a donation bank and set it up on pp, i am sure we can all pitch in some money!

just checked i have $ 5 thoulsand which i saved for a trip to pakistan in the comming school summer holidays ..iam ready to sacrifice my trip for sake of pak cricket ..butt saab will that help? :))

imran666 said:
just checked i have $ 5 thoulsand which i saved for a trip to pakistan in the comming school summer holidays ..iam ready to sacrifice my trip for sake of pak cricket ..butt saab will that help? :))

I'll pm the address you need to send it to, ok?

Usually listening to Sohail makes me cringe, his complaining about seemingly everything. However his opinions here just make it apparent to me how much I despise Butt..

they should convert it into a kulfi maker, will do a roaring business in Lahore!

imran666 said:

Yeah, I am ready to pitch in my savings for college to save pk cricket

Fawad2010 said:
Yeah, I am ready to pitch in my savings for college to save pk cricket

Im ready to donate 5000 kr, for the benefit of Pakistani team.

SACK IJAZ BUTT

‘PCB chief is lying and I can prove it’

Wednesday, April 28, 2010
By By our correspondent
KARACHI: Ahmed Bashir Tahir, the man who claims to have made the Pakistan Cricket Board’s biomechanics lab operational in 14 days, is seeking a hearing with a sub-committee of the Public Accounts Committee to give his side of the story on the issue of expensive equipment bought by the PCB a few years ago.

Bashir told ‘The News’ on Tuesday that the PCB chairman is ‘lying’ by saying that there is nobody to run the biomechanics lab at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore and can prove that in front of the PAC sub-committee.

“I am seeking an opportunity to brief the sub-committee that we can run this lab. The PCB chairman is lying and I can prove it,” he said.

Bashir, who worked for almost a 100 days as PCB’s biomechanics director last year before being sent back home, narrated a tale of what he described as a ‘horrifying’ experience of working with the PCB chief.

“The chairman has some serious problems,” he said.

“I was interviewed by him for 45 minutes and he told me that the PCB really needs on board. I got a go-ahead from him to work on the lab and in 14 days it was up and running. But after having worked for almost three-and-a-half months, I wasn’t paid a single penny by the PCB,” he said.

“After trying everything else I went to the PCB chairman to complain about it and he started asking me how I was and how did the PCB people allowed me to enter the office. It was horrifying because the same person had pleaded me to join the PCB and operate the lab.”

Bashir said that the PCB chief knows nothing about biomechanics. “It’s an important technology to enhance the abilities and fitness of your players but the PCB people aren’t even aware of it. Unfortunately even people like Aaqib Javed and Intikhab Alam, who are our main coaches know nothing about it.”

Source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=236331

What an idiotic chairman we have.

Wazeeri said:
Mr Butt makes Aamer look good.

Now we know Mr. Butt uses what to think and make statements..............He is a true living example of "gawachi gaan"................. What a pity! but wait a minute when we can have mr. percent as running the head of the country then hundreds of butts are just little alligators................

ehjaz said:
Now we know Mr. Butt uses what to think and make statements..............He is a true living example of "gawachi gaan"................. What a pity! but wait a minute when we can have mr. percent as running the head of the country then hundreds of butts are just little alligators................

"gawachi taay ever suttee gaan"...only Inti can come close to matching him

:ibutt :inti

Now Aaqib Javed is being dragged into the perilous Butt-Inti nexus. This is not good.

Height of Professionalism :)

“I am seeking an opportunity to brief the sub-committee that we can run this lab. The PCB chairman is lying and I can prove it,” he said. Bashir, who worked for almost a 100 days as PCB’s biomechanics director last year before being sent back home, narrated a tale of what he described as a ‘horrifying’ experience of working with the PCB chief. “The chairman has some serious problems,” he said. “I was interviewed by him for 45 minutes and he told me that the PCB really needs on board. I got a go-ahead from him to work on the lab and in 14 days it was up and running. But after having worked for almost three-and-a-half months, I wasn’t paid a single penny by the PCB,” he said. “After trying everything else I went to the PCB chairman to complain about it and he started asking me how I was and how did the PCB people allowed me to enter the office. It was horrifying because the same person had pleaded me to join the PCB and operate the lab.” Bashir said that the PCB chief knows nothing about biomechanics. “It’s an important technology to enhance the abilities and fitness of your players but the PCB people aren’t even aware of it. Unfortunately even people like Aaqib Javed and Intikhab Alam, who are our main coaches know nothing about it.”

Three questions :

1. What are the qualifications & expertise of Ahmad Bashir Tahir ?

2. Is the Biomechanics Lab at LUMS operational now ?

3. Who is the Biomechanist or Human Movements Expert at PCB-LUMS Biomechanics Lab incase its operational ?

Back