Afghanistan (115/5) defeat Bangladesh (105) by 8 runs (DLS) in a nail-biting contest to qualify for the Semi-Final of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Easy. No need for cheap shots now. Bd were going gungho for the win inside 12.1 hence lost many wickets up until hridoy wicket. It helped afg too! Because bd playing normal cricket just for win would’ve got this target
BD would have struggled to chase this in 20 overs too if there was no rain. They are that bad

Safe to say Afg in T20s are definitely better than Pak , BD and SL by a comfortable margin.
The way we are playing, we will get thrashed by Bangladesh and Sri Lanka by comfortable margins too.

I don’t see much gap between Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka though. All their games are very close and go either way. Bangladesh messed up an easy chase today, Afghans batting performance was a joke.

Imagine India Vs Afganistan final.

A war torn nation Vs the financial juggernaut of Cricket.

Warriors Vs Rockstars.

I don't even know if I will be rooting for my own country. An Afgan win will have far greater significance for humanity.

Definitely.

Afghan win would be like 2004 Greece or 2016 Chile.

What a day for Afghanistan, fightback was brilliant.

g8Eelfw.png

BD wrongly went to chase it down in 12 overs..that proved to be advantageous for Afg .. Bd batters took risks and gave away some easy wickets through rash shots. credit to Afg for keeping their heads about

I expect many posters to come and congratulate India for "winning the world cup in advance"

Easy. No need for cheap shots now. Bd were going gungho for the win inside 12.1 hence lost many wickets up until hridoy wicket. It helped afg too! Because bd playing normal cricket just for win would’ve got this target
Kol Bangladesh never ever try to win the game inside 12.1 over .

Only Das player better otherwise they would have lost one sided

Imagine India Vs Afganistan final.

A war torn nation Vs the financial juggernaut of Cricket.

Warriors Vs Rockstars.

I don't even know if I will be rooting for my own country. An Afgan win will have far greater significance for humanity.
That sounds all romantic but I had an inkling that this WC might just belong to the Saffers. Their main bogey team Aussies are out. They have won every game under pressure. Might just happen.

What a WC this has been , last super 8 game had 3 different teams qualifying for semis. Absolutely top class.

I see West Indians rooting strongly for Afghanistan. I could see their emotional faces during the last few overs.

We are not going to win against England with this rubbish team .

England vs Afghanistan final .

Do you think Afghans would beat SA on a flat pitch? It doesn't seem very likely.

On St. Vincent pitch, Afghans could've beaten them.

We are not going to win against England with this rubbish team .

England vs Afghanistan final .
England have not been that impressive.

South Africa comfortably beat them, while they have run every team including associates close.

India should win, they look covered in every department.

lol it will be like 1983 India or 1996 Lanka.

Afghanistan do not have the infrastructure like India or Sri Lanka. They have many challenges.

But, would be nice if they can become a heavyweight. They are a likeable team.

Afghan certainly deserved it more than Aussies but SA would be mighty pleased they don't have to face Aus in another semi final

Afghanistan do not have the infrastructure like India or Sri Lanka. They have many challenges.

But, would be nice if they can become a heavyweight. They are a likeable team.
Greece and Chile had em.

Lanka was warn torn when they won in 1996..

Do you think Afghans would beat SA on a flat pitch? It doesn't seem very likely.

On St. Vincent pitch, Afghans could've beaten them.
Presure will be so huge that South Africa can crumble on patta Wickets.

Afganistan need to score 140+ and then they can win the match .

India should. With their bogey team out, they have an easy pathway.
Any team is India's bogey team, SF onwards, every tournament.

At one point, NZ were the ones. Then England was also there. Then Aus got added. The pattern is simple. Any good team is a bogey team for India in knockouts.

Aggressive batting is the only reason BD even got this far.

Pitch and ball constantly getting wet favoured them and still they lost.

Everyone know the answer .

Pakistan fan's used "Namak Haram * Trend for Afghanistan .
The insecure bunch maybe, I am happy to see them qualify. These bunch of cricketers have worked very hard to be in this position and in Trott they have a very level-headed coach.

Afghans, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have definitely leapfrogged our losers and playing good games of cricket.

I am shocked that Bdesh didn't give an honest try to chase it down in 12 overs. Inspite of playing so ordinary cricket in this WC, all of a sudden they were given a golden chance to get to semis but they chose to focus on ensuring not letting Afghan get there instead of trying to get there by themselves. What a coward team.

I am shocked that Bdesh didn't give an honest try to chase it down in 12 overs. Inspite of playing so ordinary cricket in this WC, all of a sudden they were given a golden chance to get to semis but they chose to focus on ensuring not letting Afghan get there instead of trying to get there by themselves. What a coward team.

St. Vincent pitch. Not easy to score 115 in 12 overs on that pitch. That too against Afghanistan's attack.

BD also don't have many power-hitters.

From the captain - BD was going for win for the first 6 overs and then playing normally. What a mentality? Why not just go for semis even if you lose.

Tarouba can be a gripping, spinning wicket. We have seen ultra flat wickets there and also seen minefields. Afghans will hope for the latter

What will all those countless hate mongering (Anti India, in particular) BD Troll pages in social media do now ?🤔

Teams that they hate most are in semi's (both India and Afghanistan).

As usual commisserations (not really🤣) to Sweepshot. Both his home team (BD) and away team (Australia) are booted out from knockout stages of a world tournament.

Pak and Ind have fought wars , have been in conflict since last 35 years.. but level of hatred shown by Afg trumps the indian animosity by a cinsiderable margin. it goes both ways
If Pakistan start regularly beating India, that level of animosity will return.

Totally. BD did a Pakistan here.

SA Afgans
Pak and Ind have fought wars , have been in conflict since last 35 years.. but level of hatred shown by Afg trumps the indian animosity by a cinsiderable margin. it goes both ways
Indian fans ll never attack Pakistani fans lol.
That was disgraceful from their fans esp since Indian and Pak bring their families

Glad to see the Afghans qualify, quality team.
The only real weakness (which Im sure better trams will exploit) is that untested middle order...too many bits and pieces players.

The insecure bunch maybe, I am happy to see them qualify. These bunch of cricketers have worked very hard to be in this position and in Trott they have a very level-headed coach.

Afghans, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have definitely leapfrogged our losers and playing good games of cricket.

Yes ,they have earned the place in Semifinals by defeating NZ , Australia , Bangladesh so they deserved .

I have seen very few Pakistan fans support Afghanistan team here @Major is one of them

Honestly speaking BD were definitely going after to chase it in the first 12 overs till the 9th over after that they gave up.

Best comment of the world T20 from a commentator goes to ....

Ian Smith said, "I've a dodgy knee for the last 6 months, I am gonna see Gulbadin Naib's doctor straight after the game. He's the 8th wonder of the world right now".
Afghans often resort to such cheap tactics.

Afghanistan deserved it,. They never gave up during the whole game and won in the end.

Afghanistan have come a long way.

In year 2008 or 2009, they were playing against likes of Mozambique, Argentina etc.

They are now in the World Cup semi-final.

Inspiring.

Back