Afghanistan (115/5) defeat Bangladesh (105) by 8 runs (DLS) in a nail-biting contest to qualify for the Semi-Final of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

If BD win this game, they can return home with an alright performance overall (wins over Sri Lanka and Afghanistan).

If BD lose, it would be a par performance (winning against SL and reaching Super 8).
This is the problem with BD fans, they don’t expect anything from their team.

How is it a par performance?They need to win today

Bangladesh is one of the best teams at playing spin in this World Cup. I am sure they can handle Afghanistan's bowling attack better than any other team.
They couldn’t even touch Kuldeep.. they aren’t the best..Naib ll get smacked though.

There is one team that will be silently praying for Afghanistan

It is not India or Afghanistan. It is South Africa. They will not want Australia in the semi final.

This is the problem with BD fans, they don’t expect anything from their team.

How is it a par performance?They need to win today

BD are #8 in world cricket.

If they finish at #8, that's par.

If they finish at #7, that's slightly above par.

Rankings are based on bilateral no one cares, Pak is 7th Afg 10th, Kiwi 6th

You are right. But, for BD, #8 or #9 is an accurate world ranking.

They are not better than Australia, England, NZ, India, Pakistan, and South Africa.

Great chance for Afghanistan to reach the World Cup final. They can easily defeat both Bangladesh and SA. Will they? They choke themselves under pressure as well.

Great chance for Afghanistan to reach the World Cup final. They can easily defeat both Bangladesh and SA. Will they? They choke themselves under pressure as well.

Bangladesh. Yes.

Not sure about South Africa. I expect Saffers to reach final if Afghans reach semi.

Impossible on this pitch. This is between AFG and Australia. BD are just proxies for the Aussies here.

Australia entertained BD by winning 2023 WC final. Bangladesh can return the favor by helping Aussies qualify. LOL.

Just kidding.

Thought I was on your ignore list, brother.

Yes, I remember videos of BD fans celebrating Australia's win and chanting anti-India slogans etc .
I think few Indian fans give their fans importance because they create OTT memes almost nasty ones, but their teams keep changing loyaltie its usually BD, once they are out then Pakistan once they are out then any team that can beat India lol, this time the order changed a little.

It’s almost like that Mauka Mauka campaign first one,where he keeps expecting another team to beat India lol.

I think few Indian fans give their fans importance because they create OTT memes almost nasty ones, but their teams keep changing loyaltie its usually BD, once they are out then Pakistan once they are out then any team that can beat India lol, this time the order changed a little.

It’s almost like that Mauka Mauka campaign first one,where he keeps expecting another team to beat India lol.

Yep. Australia should actually thank these fair weather fans and throw them a bone with a tour of Bangladesh.

But Cricket Australia simply couldn't be bothered to tour there . All that support in vain.

Yep. Australia should actually thank these fair weather fans and throw them a bone with a tour of Bangladesh.

But Cricket Australia simply couldn't be bothered to tour there . All that support in vain.

I support Australia since 1999-2000. It has nothing to do with India. It has nothing to do with Aussies touring BD.

I like good cricket. I want entertainment. Aussies regularly provide me that.

I grew up being entertained by legends like Ponting, Steve Waugh etc.

It is same reason why Desis support Argentina or Brazil in soccer.

I support Australia since 1999-2000. It has nothing to do with India. It has nothing to do with Aussies touring BD.

I like good cricket. I want entertainment. Aussies regularly provide me that.

I grew up being entertained by legends like Ponting, Steve Waugh etc.
You are not the only Bangladeshi . I was talking about all the "fans" on November 19 that Australia gained in BD.

I dont know about some lousy internet BD fans,but BD-IND have decent diplomatic relations. China is helping with lot of BD infrastructure now which could spice things up a little though in the region.
In Chennai there are many Bangladeshi blue collared workers and many Bangladeshis come there for Medical treatment as well, so much so that opposite Apollo hospital Bangladeshi sim is available.

Diplomatically no issues between the two

Australia must be praying for Rain

kIQeLjE.jpeg

InshAllah, Afghanistan will win. Really want them to win it and advance to semis.

But knowing BD cricket well they will play their best cricket against Afghanistan and beat them and go backhome acting they did nothing wrong and almost came close to semis.

More likely Bangladesh to defeat Afghanistan by a very small margin, letting Australia scrape through.
I think that's what will happen too. Too much pressure on Afg. BD will scrape through. Danger signals for Saffers in the semis and Indians in the final. India needs to beat England first. Dube to smoke Rashid is the goal

All said and done i have never seen in a world T20 where all 4 teams are in the race for semi finals with 1 match to go!!

InshAllah, Afghanistan will win. Really want them to win it and advance to semis.

But knowing BD cricket well they will play their best cricket against Afghanistan and beat them and go backhome acting they did nothing wrong and almost came close to semis.
Afghanistan is here to play. BD players are here to to some branded shopping for their spouses.

I hope Afg do it tonight. The key will be whether they can keep their calm or not while batting. So far their their batting has been Gurbaz or bust. Others need to step up in the batting too.

I want Afghanistan to win.They have played better cricket than Bangladesh and deserve to qualify for the semifinals.:) Most important is that Stoinis and the Arrogant Australians will all be waving good bye to Gurbaz :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Weather forecast in Kingstown on June 24, Monday

8 PM (local time): 32% chance of rain

9 PM (local time): 36% chance of rain

10 PM (local time): 44% chance of rain

11 PM (local time): 41% chance of rain

12 AM (local time): 50% chance of rain

Afghanistan have won the toss and have opted to bat

Bangladesh
(Playing XI): Litton Das(w), Tanzid Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Soumya Sarkar, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Mustafizur Rahman

Afghanistan (Playing XI): Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan(c), Nangeyalia Kharote, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

Given the rain around, I would have thought batting second would be better option. I understand all teams batting first have won here but the rain makes it not as straightforward.

Given the rain around, I would have thought batting second would be better option. I understand all teams batting first have won here but the rain makes it not as straightforward.
You do not play for rain. That quiet often backfires. You try to go hard and lose the plot.

Afghan strength is bowling and it's right they chose to bat first. Sowmya as a middle order bat and gentle seamers looks a very good choice on this pitch

Bangladesh do something decent in your entire pathetic cricketing history.. save cricket Travis Head needs to be in the final on Saturday!!

Nice lines and lengths. Very disciplined. Their focus is on containing runs. I wonder if there is swing if they bowl full

Every ball is short. THey are not trying to take wickets. Problem with this strategy. They will be well set.

Gurbaz is struggling to even out bat in the ball. He needs to try to rotate the strike for few balls in stead of hitting it out.

Gurbaz is struggling to even out bat in the ball. He needs to try to rotate the strike for few balls in stead of hitting it out.
Everything is short of a length. So rotating is difficult. It doesn't give runs. it won' give you wickets as well. I think they will target spinners

Back