Afghanistan (115/5) defeat Bangladesh (105) by 8 runs (DLS) in a nail-biting contest to qualify for the Semi-Final of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Rashid khan is furious. Faisal Farooqui and Bumrah clone naveen will have more say than spinners

covers are off...

will the rain actually help Bangla?

The pitch might get skiddy and easier to bat, and spin will be negated

There is no way in hell BD will get a better opportunity than this to get to semi final of world T20. They should make a dash at it even if wickets are lost.
They will try but lose wickets then Mahmdullah and Shakib will play safely for the win. Maybe they need to send Rashad Hossain in when Afg has both spinners on, take a gamble with Rashad who can hit spinners for sixes.

They will try but lose wickets then Mahmdullah and Shakib will play safely for the win. Maybe they need to send Rashad Hossain in when Afg has both spinners on, take a gamble with Rashad who can hit spinners for sixes.
They gotta give it a shot. Bowling won't be potent now that rain has seeped into pitch.

He is the only player who looks determined to win. Others all looked very timid
Why didn't they send the message to teams. Trott is usually very smart guy. May be they thought 120 would be neough? They should have considered rain.

He is the only player who looks determined to win. Others all looked very timid
they look under pressure and nervous.. especially players in dugout . this will not be straightforward for either teams. Afg can possibly make mistakes while bowling under this pressure situation. they have a par score to defend under lights

This is the problem with Afghanistan. Middle order is woeful. Rashid khan should have come in place of Omar Zai

Looking at the way they batted i doubt they would have chased any total even with Rain. Their batting is far more fragile than bowling. Bowling atleast have some quality bowlers.

Against Australia opening partnership was 118. After than 30 runs.
Aus could have chased that. Maxwell needed to stay till final 2 overs and grind it out after 15 overs. even 20 off last 2 with maxy on crease would have been easy. they gave 4 wickets to Gulbadin of all people

I know I sound like a broken record everywhere.

But Afghanistan and Bangladesh making the semis vs South Africa is pointless semi final.

The World wants to see Australia vs South Africa.

Not an Afghanistan vs South africa one sided thrashing in a semi.

Associate sides plus Bangladesh can pull off upsets here and there, but they shouldn't make the last 4 or last 2 of any major tournament based on fluke wins.

Aus could have chased that. Maxwell needed to stay till final 2 overs and grind it out after 15 overs. even 20 off last 2 with maxy on crease would have been easy. they gave 4 wickets to Gulbadin of all people
Give credit to their catching. I am 100% sure other subcontinent teams could not have pulled off those catches.

But Afghanistan and Bangladesh making the semis vs South Africa is pointless semi final.

Associate sides plus Bangladesh can pull off upsets here and there, but they shouldn't make the last 4 or last 2 of any major tournament based on fluke wins.

That is the beauty of world cup.

Australians watching this match will be the funniest thing lol Hope someone shares images of Aussies watching this match

But afg actually won matches against Australia and New Zealand. A world cup semis is exactly what they need for their development. And I personally believe Afg has what it takes to be the l
Pakistan of yore.

Afghan pacers might do something special. Is there chance of rain later on. Maybe you get a few wickets and hope rain comes?

Afghanistan has beaten Australia and NZ in this tournament, why shouldnt they deserve a place in semis.
AFg and Ban are not associates sir. Get out of your elitist mindset.

Same could have been said about India in 1983 or SL in 1996 or Pakistan in CT 2017.

Just pure bad luck for Afghanistan, the pitch would become a batters paradise once the ball gets wet.

Except for 1999 WC Aus vs Saf semi-final has always been one-sided. Afghanistan vs South Africa might be more competitive than Aus vs Saf.

Except for 1999 WC Aus vs Saf semi-final has always been one-sided. Afghanistan vs South Africa might be more competitive than Aus vs Saf.
What? 2023 WC SF was a cracker of a game. Aus won with great difficulty

You can borrow Babar Azam and Rizwan. They just not really doing anything right now. @followed will approve the transfer
Lol hahahaha I would give chacha and hack Usman khan and shadab allrounder as well.
Buy 2 get 3 free but I would give them all for free

It is not about what anyone wants to see. It is about how teams qualify.

If associates qualify fair and square, no issue.

BD has nothing to lose and infact attacking Afg non-stop for 12 overs shiould be the goal. Ball is coming nicely right now.

Rofl what we kept doing to PCT , BD seems to be doing to Afghans in ICC tournaments

Pakistan scored a total of 2 boundaries in 1983 semis against WI, No body wanted that in a Semis of a world cup. Utter fail

WOrst day possible for Gurbaz. Terrible batting performance. ANd now injured

Oh great, all that hard work by India to eliminate the champion Aussies and now they'll sneak in through the backdoor anyway.

Afghans defeated Aus (must win game) and Kiwis, BD defeated Lankans , so if they reach they will deserve, doesn’t matter what world requires.

Back