Afghanistan (115/5) defeat Bangladesh (105) by 8 runs (DLS) in a nail-biting contest to qualify for the Semi-Final of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

You forgot to include the biggest hearts that take a lot of effort to break :afridi
Yea.. lol Why do they hate Afghanistan advancing. It is not like India will lose only to Australia. They can lose to England as well. They should adopt England as their new favorite team lol

Afghanistan is here to play. BD players are here to to some branded shopping for their spouses.
Havent matured at all despite many of them have been playing for years. They just are in the comfy box at home in mirpur dead tracks, only.

Either tam can win but BD isn't chasing it in 12 overs on this pitch. Infact, if they go for.it, it's advantage Afg as they can pick up wickets. Extremely tricky pitch

Tanzim is a new ball bowler. They shouldn’t ball him at the death. Taskin and Fizz should be the ones finishing it off.

Havent matured at all despite many of them have been playing for years. They just are in the comfy box at home in mirpur dead tracks, only.
They will never mature. I have given up on this lot. 25 years is more than enough for me. But like a shameless idiot I still watch their game..it's like a curse

Either tam can win but BD isn't chasing it in 12 overs on this pitch. Infact, if they go for.it, it's advantage Afg as they can pick up wickets. Extremely tricky pitch
If overs a re reduced it might become a lottery.
Target in 10 over game will be 77 and they might need to chase within 7.3 or 8 overs.

Yea.. lol Why do they hate Afghanistan advancing. It is not like India will lose only to Australia. They can lose to England as well. They should adopt England as their new favorite team lol
If we make it, do you think the impossible can happen?

Pak fans supporting India in an Afg-Ind final?

Just imagine the rollercoaster of emotions for Pak fans within a week.

Waiting on Australia.

Waiting on BD.

Waiting on England.

Then, Ind-Pak bhai bhai hahahahah

What kind of innings afghanistan played..beyond wondering......and bagladesh giving 100 percent effort for this meaningless match...spoiling others party

If overs a re reduced it might become a lottery.
Target in 10 over game will be 77 and they might need to chase within 7.3 or 8 overs.
No , DLS target only favour one team that is Australia.

Short tbe game better for Australia as Bangladesh can win but not enough to qualified for semifinals

Waiting on Australia.

Waiting on BD.

Waiting on England.

It is a lose-lose situation for them. I don't mind India losing final to Afghanistan.

if the rain subsides afghans won't have enough even on this tricky pitch
bangladesh will win but knock both sides out

There will no rain after 30-40 minutes for more than hour.

So we will definitely gets the result.

Weather doesn't look good at all. I think Afghanistan is on their way to a famous semi-final spot

But Afghans are not Aussies to pull off such things. Afghanistan is going in with just 2 good batsmen. Entire middle order can be kept quiet
yes but SA almost choked yesterday too with equation that waz entirely in their favor after 11 overs. they got glaring weaknesses in middle order too. and spin friendly conditions dnt help them. they almost lost to nepal

The approach of Bangladesh will tell us about whether they have the hunger, desire. It is a fluky chance they have in the history. Will they go for it?

No , DLS target only favour one team that is Australia.

Short tbe game better for Australia as Bangladesh can win but not enough to qualified for semifinals
77 target within 10 overs will needed to be scored in 26 balls by Bangladesh to overcome Australia.
There will still be a chance

I would bet you a buffet that it's not going to happen.
Ball will come nicely and I think positive intent by BD should be ebough to get these runs, but I don't think they have firepower to do it in 11 overs , So I think Aus should get the spot. Anyway, let's hope that rain does not take away overs. I want to see full game.

Afg kind of froze due to pressure here. I was puzzled by their approach to save wickets till 16th overs. They could have easily gotten 20 extra runs.

They will never mature. I have given up on this lot. 25 years is more than enough for me. But like a shameless idiot I still watch their game..it's like a curse
I gave up on them since last ODI world cup bro. I used to be a vivid follower, fan of BD cricket. Had such great vibes about bd cricket under Mashrafe as captain, thougt they turned a corner especially mentality and belief wise but nowdays it seems theyve gone backwards to pre 2015 era.

I lost quite a bit interest in cricket last few years because of BDCT. hardly follow any series or leagues only icc tournaments.

Ball will come nicely and I think positive intent by BD should be ebough to get these runs, but I don't think they have firepower to do it in 11 overs , So I think Aus should get the spot. Anyway, let's hope that rain does not take away overs. I want to see full game.

Afg kind of froze due to pressure here. I was puzzled by their approach to save wickets till 16th overs. They could have easily gotten 20 extra runs.
True. That maiden over was cardinal sin. Gurbaz can play short ball very well. He got into a shell for some reason.

if it's a 15-over game Bangladesh will have to get 94 in 7.2 overs to make it to the semis

No way BD getting 116 in 12.3 overs to advance to semis. If it was 95-105 maybe.

Afghan need to pray it rains off.

140 runs atleast was fighting score. Afghanistan shoot themselves in foot..... australia will go through if match starts..it's all about quadrat ka nizaam for Afghanistan now

I root for Afghanistan. So it better rains off.

SA will be praying for Afghans
Austrlaia will be praying for BD
Pakistanis will be praying for BD lol
India will be praying for Afghans

Even England might prefer Afghans or SA.

Update -The live visuals reveal that the covers are firmly in place as it continues to rain.

So
if it's a 15-over game Bangladesh will have to get 94 in 7.2 overs to make it to the semis
BD need 94 in 46 balls? Not happening.

They messed up by losing to India by 50runs. Teams need to start taking nrr serious. Had bd lost by 20-25runs they would’ve had lot better chance now!

Australia should suddenly change the captain from Marsh to Cummins. Rain will stop. I tell you. He has the motherload of luck.

I gave up on them since last ODI world cup bro. I used to be a vivid follower, fan of BD cricket. Had such great vibes about bd cricket under Mashrafe as captain, thougt they turned a corner especially mentality and belief wise but nowdays it seems theyve gone backwards to pre 2015 era.

I lost quite a bit interest in cricket last few years because of BDCT. hardly follow any series or leagues only icc tournaments.
You are one of the lucky ones who escaped BDCT

Waiting on Australia.

Waiting on BD.

Waiting on England.

They turning themselves to universal supporters

So

BD need 94 in 46 balls? Not happening.

They messed up by losing to India by 50runs. Teams need to start taking nrr serious. Had bd lost by 20-25runs they would’ve had lot better chance now!
pretty sure 94-20= 74 off 46 also not happening on this track

Them two sixes Rashid hit last ball of Taskin and Tanzim ruined BD chase. Both were in the zone where RK wanted. Suppose they went for two dots or singles. BD would’ve had less to get in more balls

First 6-7 overs, wicket may be very good to bat due to rain falling before cover came on. I don't follow BD closely but they should simply send any big hitters they have as opener. There is no point in playing it safe.

Back