Afghanistan (148/6) defeat Australia (127) by 21 runs in the Super 8 clash of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Afghanistan has a clear game plan. In to the pitch go for singles. Anything pitched up kitchen sink.

I would say some teams would have lost wicket. Afghanistan batted exceptionally well. I do not back Rohit here.
Pitch behaves awful when the ball hits come particular cracks otherwise it’s not that bad. You need to spend sometime to adjust to its pace but once you do it’s not the worst. However, a new batsman might find it difficult to play shots right away.

Pitch behaves awful when the ball hits come particular cracks otherwise it’s not that bad. You need to spend sometime to adjust to its pace but once you do it’s not the worst. However, a new batsman might find it difficult to play shots right away.
There are too many cracks out there.

The Afghans seem exceptionally fit. I cannot imagine any of the Pakistani batsmen being this good in pushing for 2s when running between the wickets.

This is such a professional batting display. They may or may not win. But they should be proud what they have done so far

Babar Azam scored 44 in 43 balls on a flat wicket against USA. Look at Gurbaz and Zardan. They have scored quicker than that against Aussies on a difficult track

Afghanistan is going blow for blow against Australia. Almost beat them in the 2023 ODI WC, and now playing so well. Truly amazing transformation to witness how these youngsters are presenting their country.

Babar and his men can learn a thing or two from them.

Afghanistan is going blow for blow against Australia. Almost beat them in the 2023 ODI WC, and now playing so well. Truly amazing transformation to witness how these youngsters are presenting their country.

Babar and his men can learn a thing or two from them.
Look at the fitness. Terrific fitness.

Difficult , but when you have 10 wickets in hand you need to attack , I would rather take 180 all out rather than 160 / 2 at the end of 20 overs
You shouldn't look at that way. You automatically assume new batsman can keep on attacking. The way i see it they will concede maiden overs.

I think Australia thought Afghanistan will commit harakir and lose their way and get bowled out for 100.

Did his job. Stoinis was the one who took a wicket against pakistan when Pakistan was in control in the world cup 2023

I think Australia was rattled by Afghanistan which led to series of misfield. Australia is still not in whole lot of trouble. The total is still within reach.

Back