Afghanistan (148/6) defeat Australia (127) by 21 runs in the Super 8 clash of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

If afg wins today India can get rid of their only obstacle to the trophy in next match

I remember zampa when he debuted. He wasn't this good, props to him for improving himself

They should have sent the left hander Gulbadin. You cannot have two right handers facing Cummins.

Terrific variations from Cummins. Damn. he used to get thrashed by every tom dick harry in shorter format.

Teams when they play Cummins should assume most of the balls would be cutters and slower balls and in between he may bowl faster balls.

Afghans finish at 148/6 after 20 overs.

Australia need 149 to win.

I say this is a par score.

Aus have been surprisingly sloppy in the field. They were sloppy vs Scotland also..very uncharacteristic for them

I am 100% sure Australia will come out with absolute intent and throw them off right of the bat. THey won't try to see off new balls or anything. They will go after Faisal.

Unfortunately after Gurbaz there is nothing spectacular more often than not.
They are not big hitters like Gurbaz. But they can play sensibly like they ddi in the world cup. In T20 you need proper finishers. Nabhi used to do. But he is old now. Rashid is hit or miss.

149 is the target , Afghans in the middle overs played timid cricket
If they had attacked and failed they would have ended up with 120. Look at the batsmen after these 2. Nobody could touch the ball. They got some edged boundaries.

Back