Africa XI vs Asia XI - Updates

What a blistering start from Asia. A run rate of 9.15 per over.

darkmoon459 said:
what are the teams, anyone.
Asia XI: 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Sourav Ganguly, 3 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Virender Sehwag, 6 Yuvraj Singh, 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Mohammad Asif.

Africa XI: 1 Loots Bosman, 2 Boeta Dippenaar, 3 AB de Villiers, 4 Steve Tikolo, 5 Justin Kemp (capt), 6 Mark Boucher (wk), 7 Shaun Pollock, 8 Elton Chigumbura, 9 Thomas Odoyo, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Albie Morkel

82/1 off 9.3

Gangu 21 off 12 balls with 5 40's
Sehwag 32 off 28 with 6 boundaries

6 players are from India.. probably for making the game profitable.

Absolutely no foot work, Sehwag trying to drive, inside edge onto his stumps

Sehwag goes for 45

now if only Ganguly got out so Jayawardene and Yousuf can bat together :D

zMario said:
now if only Ganguly got out so Jayawardene and Yousuf can bat together :D
That would be nice , to watch two classy elegant Batsmen together.

Last edited:
For some strange reasons, Pakistani players hardly ever perform when they play for Asia XI, World, ROW XI etc.

Waseem said:
For some strange reasons, Pakistani players hardly ever perform when they play for Asia XI, World, ROW XI etc.
Because they're not playing for Pakistan?

If I was a batsman with the calibre of Yousuf or a bowler with the calibre of Asif, or somebody else, I can assure you, I wouldn't have as much pride as I do when playing for my country.

It really comes down to how much pride you have for your country, which in turn affects your performance.

zMario said:

If I was a batsman with the calibre of Yousuf or a bowler with the calibre of Asif, or somebody else, I can assure you, I wouldn't have as much pride as I do when playing for my country.

It really comes down to how much pride you have for your country, which in turn affects your performance.

I know what you mean but that applies to almost every other player, i don't really care about these games much but just a fact that our players hardly ever give any sort of performance. On the other hand, most of them perform well for counties.

zMario said:

But they should ,still playing to represent One's country.

M Morkel to Ganguly, OUT, bowled 'em, cramped for room and tries something cute, ends up looking silly, short of a length on and outside off, tries to glide it to third man, thick inside edge deviates onto middle stump, Morkel strikes and Asia being pegged back a bit

Here comes Yousuf!!!

zMario said:
yeah, why?

Because i am not.
Another FOUR by Jaya, i think Afridi should have played instead of Bhajji because he is as good bowler in ODI's and better batsman.

Waseem said:
Because i am not.
Another FOUR by Jaya, i think Afridi should have played instead of Bhajji because he is as good bowler in ODI's and better batsman.
And, since you're not watching, what am I suppouse to do? :p

zMario said:
And, since you're not watching, what am I suppouse to do? :p

NOTHING, i m just jealous.
I just wanted to know how Moyo is playing, his timing, running between the wickets etc.

zMario said:
Post here when you've got the link so I can edit my psot
Thanx Mario, i have saved the link and trying to open it now. You can edit it now if you like :)

18 singles in last 21 balls. Scoreboard keeps ticking.....
190/3 off 29

Oxy said:
Do these runs count? I dont think they should...

They do count as it is an OFFICIAL ODI.

31.6 Tikolo to Mohammad Yousuf, FOUR, reverse sweep and that's 8000 ODI runs fro Yousuf - what a player

CONGRATULATIONS MOYO for 8000 runs.

Waseem said:
They do count as it is an OFFICIAL ODI.

31.6 Tikolo to Mohammad Yousuf, FOUR, reverse sweep and that's 8000 ODI runs fro Yousuf - what a player

CONGRATULATIONS MOYO for 8000 runs.

Another great achievement by Moyo!!

yesssss

jaya out

now yousuf can become the first player to hit 100 for asian side

Mohammad Yousuf Making a Century...How it'll be...

Tikolo to Mohammad Yousuf, FOUR, short and wide outside the off stump, Yousuf goes back and across, waits for the ball to turn and then cuts it through point, diving effort in the deep ends in vain

Congrats Moyo for getting his 50, now go for some big shots to entertain the crowd.

gunner786 said:
didnt yousuf hit a 6?
they changed it to a 4 and hes now on 49 runs

Yeah cricinfo changed the score from:
Mohammad Yousuf (rhb) 52 58 3 1 89.65

to this:
Mohammad Yousuf (rhb) 51 59 4 0 86.44

hope yousuf plays one of his early innings he got so used to playing against zimbabwe

this is a mostly zimbabwean attack anyway

Back