India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

Indian All time test XI:-

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Pant(wkt)
Jadeja
Kapil
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah

No BD fan was in mars or Jupiter. No sane public in BD thought we can beat India, we were hoping to caught India off guard. if you just go by social media India itself has many trolls right?

I always say to my friends that India has 1.3 billion people, even 10% trolls in social media that 130 million people, thats 90% of our population so you will see many ****s. same goes for BD as well, out of 170million in 10% trolls thats 170K people.

My personal suggestion ignore these clowns and you yourself will feel peace.
ignore that poster. He has multiple accounts here and posts stuffs to get reaction. I had apologized to you once for a derogatory comments on your country, which was made by him from his other account.

ignore that poster. He has multiple accounts here and posts stuffs to get reaction. I had apologized to you once for a derogatory comments on your country, which was made by him from his other account.
Interesting, I did not know that was the same poster, I put his other account in ignore list. how is he not banned for multiple accounts

anyway Congrats to you guys for the win, I dont know if congrats should be the right word as you guys were sure to win lol. You guys should make the same pitch for kanpoor, with some practice in this match I hope our fast bowlers will be better in the next match and can give your batsman good practice session for Australia

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Pant(wkt)
Jadeja
Kapil
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah

Sunil Gavaskar
Sri Ranjitsinhji
Sri Duleepsinhji
Bharat Ratna Sri Sachin Tendulkarji
Vijay Hazare
Rishabh Pant
Kapil Dev
Javagal Srinath
Jasprit Singh Bumrah
Anil Kumble
Bhagwat Chandrasekar

Ravi Ashwin said in the post-match press-conference in Chennai:

"I think Rishabh's form was never going to be in question at all. It's the way he has comeback and all and put himself on the field, that's just miraculous. Which is probably God sent. If I can say that, it depends on the belief of the people. I don't think there was any pressure on him, I think he batted really well in the 1st innings. Good that he is back and scored runs the way he usually does and scores."

"He is entertaining. Not the greatest of sights people sitting behind him and waiting to bat. You don't know when your turn will come. Completely entertaining. But I think he is only gonna get better. He never lacked confidence and always got the backing of the team, so. So ya, it was always going to happen, never a doubt."

Rishabh Pant jokingly explains why he set Bangladesh field in Chennai Test​

India wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant revealed that his lighthearted moment of directing Bangladesh fielders during the Chennai Test was driven by his focus on improving the "quality of cricket." In India's dominant 280-run victory against Bangladesh, one of the more amusing moments took place on Day 3, when Pant, while batting, was seen helping Bangladesh set their field.

After the match, Pant shared that this action was influenced by a conversation he had with former India cricketer Ajay Jadeja. According to Pant, Jadeja had advised him to always aim at enhancing the overall quality of the game, regardless of the opponent or situation. Pant explained that when he noticed two fielders in the same area and none at mid-wicket, he suggested to the Bangladesh fielders that one should move to the vacant position.

"Firstly, I keep talking to Ajay bhai off the field. He says that ‘the quality of cricket should keep improving’. Whenrever you are playing and whoever you are playing against. I saw that there was no fielder there (mid-wicket). I saw two fielders at the same area. So I told them to move one fielder to the mid-field position," Rishabh said.

Pant made a remarkable return to Test cricket in Chennai, delivering a blistering 109 off 128 balls. His aggressive innings, combined with Shubman Gill's composed knock, helped India recover from a difficult situation at 81/3 in the second innings. In the midst of the match, the 26-year-old was also back at his comical best with his on-field antics. He was seen on multiple occasions having fun chats with Bangladesh fielders, and also his usual behind the stumps antics while keeping for India.

While Gill held his ground with calmness and determination, Pant took the initiative to attack the Bangladesh bowling from the start. He played with a high strike rate of 85.16, providing the momentum India needed to build a substantial lead. Together, Pant and Gill propelled India to a second-innings total of 287, setting an imposing target of 515 runs for Bangladesh, which ultimately proved unreachable for the Najmul Shanto-led side.

Najmul Hossain Shanto told the broadcasters in the post-match presentation:

"The positive thing is the way Hasan, Taskin and Rana bowled in the first 2-3 hours, really impressive. After that, they (India) batted really well. Seaming option - everyone contributed. The way we bowled with the new ball, it's impressive. The last couple of series we have bowled really well but we have to continue that."

"As a batter, I always try to contribute. I enjoy my batting. Just try to bat as long as we can without thinking about the outcome, just try to follow our process and play with our strength that's what we wanted to do. Bowlers did a great job, I hope the batters will do something special."

Rohit Sharma said at the presentation ceremony:

"No matter what the conditions are, whether we play in India, whether we play outside, we want to build the team around."

"Whatever the condition has to offer, we got to be ready for it. In the last few years, wherever we have played, we have managed to have that in our armoury, whether it is seam bowling options or spin bowling options. You have to give credit to the guys, whenever there is a responsibility, they never shy away from it and they want to put their hand up and get the job done for the team."

"Look, I think this pitch, even if you bowl good balls, you will go for runs. But the bounce is going to be quite daunting."

"We have lost a lot of red soil pitches over the years, which was a key component of playing Test cricket in India. And the beauty about red soil is, you put revs on it, there is value. And there is bounce. You will get hit but there is bounce."

"You play on some black clay surfaces around the country elsewhere without naming them, you have to do a lot of hard work. Put a lot of revs and see nothing come out of it. And sometimes, it's better to not put revs on it in certain places. So, to even understand all these things, to begin to understand and talk about it, is a fair amount of learning for me. And it's happened over the years. Like I said, this one's got solid bounce. And I would anyway play on a surface like this and get hit. Then play on another surface."

"The beauty of playing on good surfaces like this, sometimes around the country... people do make the mistake of terming India as a whole. I actually think India has a lot of foreign soil. You go to Ranchi, it doesn't feel like home. You sometimes go to Eden, it doesn't feel home. You go to Dharamsala, all of a sudden, it doesn't feel [like] home. And for some wild reason, people don't seem to assimilate this. Because the nature of soil is different. The weather is different. Different times of the year. It's not a country like Australia where every boxing day Test match happens at Melbourne. We don't do that. Pongal test doesn't happen in Chennai. So, the surfaces react very differently at different times of the year."

Last edited:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Pant(wkt)
Jadeja
Kapil
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Good XI by you...
but I;d have Zaheer for Shami...Zak gives the LH variety and Zak was good bowling LH round the wicket as well.
I'd probably have Anil for tests played in SC conditions -he'd be lethal combo with Ash and Jadz

Interesting, I did not know that was the same poster, I put his other account in ignore list. how is he not banned for multiple accounts

anyway Congrats to you guys for the win, I dont know if congrats should be the right word as you guys were sure to win lol. You guys should make the same pitch for kanpoor, with some practice in this match I hope our fast bowlers will be better in the next match and can give your batsman good practice session for Australia
Doubt if Green Park, Kanpur will be anything sporty or bouncy like Red soil pitch at Chepauk, Chennai. Kanpur has the reputation of a boring, low slow bounce batting paradise much like how Faisalabsad was a few years back. Seen some boring draws here.

Rohit Sharma said at the presentation ceremony:

people do make the mistake of terming India as a whole. I actually think India has a lot of foreign soil. You go to Ranchi, it doesn't feel like home. You sometimes go to Eden, it doesn't feel home. You go to Dharamsala, all of a sudden, it doesn't feel [like] home. And for some wild reason, people don't seem to assimilate this. Because the nature of soil is different. The weather is different. Different times of the year. It's not a country like Australia where every boxing day Test match happens at Melbourne. We don't do that. Pongal test doesn't happen in Chennai. So, the surfaces react very differently at different times of the year."
Yah, Aus plays in the same 4-5 grounds in pretty much same time of the year. Visitors have to adjust but Aus is well adjusted due to playing on the same grounds at same time over and over.

Doubt if Green Park, Kanpur will be anything sporty or bouncy like Red soil pitch at Chepauk, Chennai. Kanpur has the reputation of a boring, low slow bounce batting paradise much like how Faisalabsad was a few years back. Seen some boring draws here.
Batting paradise actually puts any chance if BD win to zero if there ever was one. I would rather play again in the Chennai pitch and lose by an innings than playing on a road Vs India. No way we can take 10 wickets let alone 20

How about comparison thread about Wasim waqar era of pakistan vs Ashwin jadeja era of India ??
They lost a series against zimbabwe in their own den.i don't think any comparison is required. Aswin,Jadeja saw one series loss at home and are part of winning series in aus.

Batting paradise actually puts any chance if BD win to zero if there ever was one. I would rather play again in the Chennai pitch and lose by an innings than playing on a road Vs India. No way we can take 10 wickets let alone 20
Rohit has been dominating at home for a while. Him failing in both innings was an aberration. He will be even more dangerous as a batsman on a flat wicket.

And finally Bangladeshi fans are back to the earth too after flying in mars for few days just bcoz they beat Pakistan. They thought their team has turned a corner...LOL. It always takes India to knock some sense to their delusional neighbours, let it be cricket or otherwise.

BTW, how did Pakistan got whitewashed against this team and that too at home?
This BD team would defeat current Pakistan team 7/10 times in test cricket. This is just how good Indian cricket team is esp at home and when Bumrah is playing.

Congrats India.

Bangadesh need to fix its batting. Its been a huge problem for long time. 4 lefties in top4 must end. 5, 7 and 8 and tailenders cant bail you out all the time with the bat. Mushfiq bat at 4 in test. Need a right hander opener Joy back who has proper test sense and mentality. BD need a player is comfortable wasting deliveries 120-130ball 60-70run wala needed. Why are they all rushing, playing risky shots to get out, experienced player like Shakib plays sweep to get out, Mushy 2nd innings came out like as BD needing 30 runs of 15balls in LOI when the need is to bat slow and long game was over after 1st innings try losing by less and get bigger scores for yourselves as practice for next match. Not acceptable at this level. Too many weak mindset for test cricket batting. One down the order playing quickly is fine and one at top but Bd batters mostly are impatient, lack application, like the desire to bat long. Even Gill who can score lot faster played a 176ball 119runs this is test cricket take your time frustrate the opposition side bowlers and make them toil harder to get wickets, not give away free cheap wickets making it easy for them.

Totally expected result. No surprises at all. Ind at home is a monster - very very tough to beat and they proved it. Having said that - Ban was competetive in a few patches and could have pressed the pedal further when Ind was down but they let Ind claw back and regain the upper hand.

I agree. He is impressive but his action is injury prone. Also for a bowler who is pretty tall he was not getting the kind of bounces I expected. Overall he and potential and needs to be used well. Personally I don’t see him being able to bowl longer spells and be effective against good sides. I hope he proves me wrong

Shakib does not have the batting style nor strong quick arm to play reverse sweep. Its like he is trying to rectify his mistake of 1st inning in the 2nd innings by playing the reverse sweep again and again. Madness! Such stubbornness from the batter we got, coming from experienced players.
Add to this list name of Shanto . He totally played 8-9 times reverse sweep in 2nd innings against these two world class spinners. He got away with it but as a captain he should have been responsible in his approach.

Shakib has lost all of his form. Both batting, bowling. And he is unlikely to gain it at this stage of his career.

Team management should be bold enough to replace him in 2nd test.

Commiserations to @Dhakar Pola , @Mainul , @Mas-LFC & @MMHS .

This BD bowling attack had us swearing on D1, and your bowling no longer a push over.
Thanks . Congratulations to you for another emphatic win at home.
There is a huge huge difference between these 2 sides in strength. It has also been reflected in the margin of win. Apart from that first two sessions of first day India were all over us.

Our bowling attack is still raw, inexperienced (talking about pace attack) and it is too early to praise highly. They are in learning curve now ,going to be challenged in different conditions and against different oppositions .

Biggest challenge is coming up in 2nd test. Indian batsmen are going to come hard against us. If our bowling can do good in this test also then i can say ya its a fine bowling unit.

Commiserations to @Dhakar Pola , @Mainul , @Mas-LFC & @MMHS .

This BD bowling attack had us swearing on D1, and your bowling no longer a push over.
There is a huge huge difference between these 2 sides in strength ,both in bowling and batting.. It has also been reflected in the margin of win. Apart from that first two sessions of first day India were all over us.

Our bowling attack is still raw, inexperienced (talking about pace attack) and it is too early to praise highly. They are in learning curve now ,going to be challenged in different conditions and against different oppositions .

Biggest challenge is coming up in 2nd test. Indian batsmen are going to come hard against us. 500 plus score is on the card. If our bowling can do good in this test also then i can say ya its a fine bowling unit

Bangladesh usually plays with good passion in limited overs cricket. I was expecting the same in Tests after their recent success against Pakistan. However, it was missing after the first innings in this Test.

+ Najmul Shanto showed some resistance in the second innings.
+ Bangladesh's pace bowling was good at different times. It is a good sign for the team.
- Their spin bowling was limited, probably because of Sakib's injury.

Overall, I was expecting a better show from Bangladesh than how they played in Chennai.

Bangladesh are likely to lose 2nd Test by a big margin too. Gap is too much between these two sides.

Having said that, BD should look to get back in form during this series because next two series are quite winnable (West Indies away and South Africa at home).

I think BD can win in West Indies and beat South Africa at home.

On Sunday, after India won the match, Pant was asked by former Indian cricketer Saba Karim the reason behind his viral act on the field:

“When Taskin Ahmed was coming to bowl in the second inning, why were you setting the field for him? Who is the Bangladesh captain, Shanto or Rishabh Pant?” Saba asked Pant.

Pant Replied:

“Ajay Jadeja Bhai and I often talk about how cricket should be better, whether the other team plays or our own. There wasn’t a fielder there; two fielders were standing in the same spot, so I told him to position a fielder there,”

There is a huge huge difference between these 2 sides in strength ,both in bowling and batting.. It has also been reflected in the margin of win. Apart from that first two sessions of first day India were all over us.

Biggest challenge is coming up in 2nd test. Indian batsmen are going to come hard against us. 500 plus score is on the card. If our bowling can do good in this test also then i can say ya its a fine bowling unit
Well....your guys are also not helping your cause by going into match with 4 bowlers. I means Shakib-A-H did'nt really turn up, did he? So in effect you have one spin bowler and 3 quicks - two out of which are supremely inexperienced & bowling long spells, then cooling off at third man-fine leg for 4 - 5 over before called again to bowl.

Hardly a recipe for success TBH....
When you know conditions in India in this time of year are going to be hot and humid - u need some part time guys who can at the very least bowl some overs to take the load off the main guys. For that matter, i'd bag even indian team -we can't go in with the same 5 bowlers in Kanpur especially with NZ looming with 3 tests in hot hot october with the bigger pic of aus series in the rear view mirror.
Hope they rotate bowlers properly and think of a 6th bowling option.

Taijul should be tried now that Shakib is past by his sell date. His forte is accuracy. But he was bowling full tosses. THey may have to sacrifice a batsman or seamer. They can sit Nahid Rana out next match because i am sure ti will be a road at Greenpark. Bowling fast bowlers to the ground is not the greatest of idea.

Well....your guys are also not helping your cause by going into match with 4 bowlers. I means Shakib-A-H did'nt really turn up, did he? So in effect you have one spin bowler and 3 quicks - two out of which are supremely inexperienced & bowling long spells, then cooling off at third man-fine leg for 4 - 5 over before called again to bowl.

Hardly a recipe for success TBH....
When you know conditions in India in this time of year are going to be hot and humid - u need some part time guys who can at the very least bowl some overs to take the load off the main guys. For that matter, i'd bag even indian team -we can't go in with the same 5 bowlers in Kanpur especially with NZ looming with 3 tests in hot hot october with the bigger pic of aus series in the rear view mirror.
Hope they rotate bowlers properly and think of a 6th bowling option.
Shakib has regressed so quickly in last one and half years that he is now only a bits and pieces cricketer and he is in this squad only because of his fame. Otherwise he doesn't merit a place.

Bangladesh should replace him with Taijul in 2nd test.

Shakib Al Hasan's availability for IND vs BAN 2nd Test in doubt, BCB to take call after assessment

Shakib Al Hasan's availability in the India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test in Kanpur is under doubt as he is suffering from a finger issue. The veteran all-rounder Shakib didn't had much of an impact in the first Test against India in Chennai as he could not deliver with the bat and was expensive with the ball.

The member of the Bangladesh Cricket Board selection panel Hannan Sarkar has confirmed that the decision on having Shakib for the second Test will be taken after a medical assessment. "We are heading to Kanpur tomorrow (Tuesday) and today is a day off. We will have two sessions afterwards and we will judge after that (Shakib's availability for the second match) and we don't want to make a decision yet," Sarkar told media in Chennai on Monday.

"These two days, the physio has kept him under observation. When we get back to the ground, we will get the physio's feedback. We have to think before picking Shakib for the next match and there is time before the next match. We will see what condition he is in," he added.

Notably, Hannan has stated that Shakib was fit before the Chennai Test match but his finger injury cropped up when he bowled in the game. The left-handed all-rounder was also hit in the same place later in the match. "He was 100% fit before the Chennai Test. We have heard lots of discussions about Shakib's finger [and why he did not bowl a lot in Chennai]. You can't call it an injury straightaway. He didn't feel the problem before the match. He felt it after he started to bowl. He also got hit in the same place later in the game. That has caused some pain.

"We have time to think about it. Shakib could even play as a batter [in Kanpur]. If he feels it is affecting both his batting and bowling though, it will be a different scenario, " Sarkar said.

Shakib used a strap in the first Test against India. Visuals went viral of the Bangladesh veteran having a strap in his mouth and the reason was revealed later by commentators on air. The all-rounder had the strap to keep his head in position so that it did not fall while playing. "He has come up with this strap. It is completely his idea. It has not come from us. He is working on a way to hold his head position while batting," BCB's chief physician Dr Debashish Chowdhury told ESPNcricinfo. "He was trying to manage this with a neck brace previously, so this strap thing is also in a trial-and-error phase. He has tried it in the nets. He has done a lot of shadows [shadow batting practice] with it too," he added.

Good XI by you...
but I;d have Zaheer for Shami...Zak gives the LH variety and Zak was good bowling LH round the wicket as well.
I'd probably have Anil for tests played in SC conditions -he'd be lethal combo with Ash and Jadz

Zak was quality bowler but I have seen a lot of Indian posters rate both Shami and Srinath well ahead of Zak in Test cricket. I have watched Zak at his prime and he was a quality bowler but feel Shami is better suited than Zak to most conditions except England and New Zealand.

Indian posters unironically talking about ''Zak'' in reverential terms always makes me snort. Always.

Back