Any Manga/Anime fans?

I've heard Death Note and Bleach are really good, haven't got round to watching them though. DBGT is good too. I'm not a fan of Naruto though, I'd pick Beyblade over that.

I thought only girls were into anime and manga!

Anyway, I really like anime, have never read manga in my life. But some of them, like DBZ seem childish now (DBGT) is still great though. The original series of Beyblade was amazing, the first couple seasons of Pokémon were good too. I can't think of anymore right now, that I actually followed.

Death Note [IMDB Rating 9]

Full Metal Alchemist [IMDB Rating 8.7]
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood [IMDB Rating 8.8]

The differences between both, the first one did not follow the manga, but brotherhood directly follows the manga, the first one is much darker, whereas the second has more action but less dark.

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R1 & R2 [IMDB Rating 8.7]

Monster (Just finished watching it, amazing) [IMDB Rating 8.6]
Honestly look up the synopsis and you will want to watch it, very articulate anime, not for children as it is probably too dense for them to understand.

Last edited:
I really need to watch Death Note now. And this Fullmetal Alchemist. But is Bleach good? And Code Geass? I've heard a lot about them.

The ones I listed are short and sweet, Bleach is over 300 episodes

Prefer all of these to Bleach which I find to be overrated.

Last edited:
I really need to watch Death Note now. And this Fullmetal Alchemist. But is Bleach good? And Code Geass? I've heard a lot about them.

Code Geass is simply awesome. You must watch it. 60 episodes.
Death has thrill that will have you at the edge of your seat the entire time. 36 episodes
Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood is the best ever imo. 64 episodes.

I would start with death note then watch the other two.

And bleach is over 300 episodes or so and is still going( the manga is going anyway not sure about the anime) and i could not stand to watch it after 200 episodes.

Last edited:
I thought only girls were into anime and manga!

Anyway, I really like anime, have never read manga in my life. But some of them, like DBZ seem childish now (DBGT) is still great though. The original series of Beyblade was amazing, the first couple seasons of Pokémon were good too. I can't think of anymore right now, that I actually followed.

They bring back a lot of childhood memories.

They bring back a lot of childhood memories.
Cool, you watched these too?

And thanks for telling me about those anime... I guess I will start with Death Note! It is the shortest after all.o

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is probably one of the best things I've ever seen. Definitely my favourite alongside OP.

Anyone knows Cardcapturs Sakura its one of my fav manga i watched it in 2002

Anyone knows Cardcapturs Sakura its one of my fav manga i watched it in 2002

Yeah, I remember that and it was good but Shinzo was even better.

Now, it's all about BLEACH and nothing comes close to Bleach right now.

Lastly, it's a shame they haven't made more episodes of Bleach because I find reading manga, boring.

Mate keeps telling me to watch One Peice but I just can't get past the first episode..

Death Note is brilliant as well.

DBZ will always remain king though, it's something I'd still watch if it was on TV, just that damn good.

As for Beyblades, I liked the series with Kai and Tyson the rest were meh for me.

Mate keeps telling me to watch One Peice but I just can't get past the first episode..

The story improves a lot with every episode, longevity wise it is the best manga out there. I'm quite like the 1000 year arc in Bleach too but have a feeling Bleach will end soon.

One anime and manga I'm really into these days is Kingdom by Hara Yasuhisa. It's got great storyline and is based on the wars to unify China (historical perspective), would definitely recommend it.

DBZ will always remain king though, it's something I'd still watch if it was on TV, just that damn good.

As for Beyblades, I liked the series with Kai and Tyson the rest were meh for me.

I like metal series most all three sagas in metal series

In all manga i like Inzuma eleven specially character in this anime and storyline and with no voilence

Just re-watched a Drangon Ball OAV.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lm77VCkf_do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:bow:

We were quite lucky in the French speaking world, DBZ was one of the first animes to be shown, and obviously an instant success. It was first dubbed in French in the mid-80s (I think nearly a decade before the English dub. ?) with other animes like Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, ... all classics!

I was also into Beyblades, YuGiOh, Flint the Time Detective, Medabots ... but these are not the kind of animes I'd go through again.

Anime/Manga Discussion

So I don't know if there any threads on this or if there any PP'ers who watch anime or read manga. But if you do please discuss here. Obviously the most common are Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, but aside from those which ones do you like.

As for me, I loved Death Note and currently Kuroko No Basket

I so want to talk in this thread but I'm sure there will be some stupid spoilers... so have to miss out.

Only Anime I've watched

Death Note - Amazing
Code Geas - Amazing
Naruto - First I thought it would suck but what an anime!

Yeah, Death note was too good, have you finished it, and if you have then read the spoiler but not, then ignore it.
I hated it when L died, and when Near took over I was like that's it for me.

Also I loved Code Geas, man I would love to see a showdown between Light and Lelouch. And Naruto, the less said about the fillers the better, that is why I love the manga for it. No fillers.

Death note was amazing. But yeah hefaith's spoiler says it all. Still an amazing piece of art.

Code Geass was even better. Dat ending!!

Steins Gate was another amazing anime but you have to bear with the first 6 episodes or so. After that it's just freakin awesome.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is another one. In my top 3.

Naruto is great if you dont watch the fillers. The manga is better but i dont enjoy Manga too much.

And a thread like this already exists so this thread is getting merged by the mods. Sorry.

They should make a cricket manga/anime with decent production values. Not that Suraj cap.

^There are lots of famous sports anime and manga on baseball, football and basketball. I dont watch them though.

But cricket is not very famous in Japan so its a bit of a long shot.

There are a lot of sports anime but my two favorite are Kuroko No Basket and Prince of Tennis. Also I didn't know there was already one. And Fadhi I agree, Naruto is good without filler, also I watched like first three episodes of Steins Gate and could not get hooked. And has anyone watched Shaman King, that is another awesome anime, I loved it.

They should make a cricket manga/anime with decent production values. Not that Suraj cap.

Slam Dunk is the most successful sports (basketball)-related manga ever.
When it comes to boxing, Hajime no Ippo is the ultimate reference (Ashita No Joe too, but you might find it pretty old) and then you have a cycling manga, Over Drive, which is one of the funniest animes I ever came across (so even if the Tour de France has a peripheral importance in your eyes, it can work for its comic qualities.)

For those interested, in the comedy genre there are quite few of them : Tentai Senshi Sunred, Seto No Hayanome, Detroit Metal City, Hayate no Gotoku, Ouran High School, Sumomomo Momomo, Gintama, ... all epic in their own right.

There are a lot of sports anime but my two favorite are Kuroko No Basket and Prince of Tennis. Also I didn't know there was already one. And Fadhi I agree, Naruto is good without filler, also I watched like first three episodes of Steins Gate and could not get hooked. And has anyone watched Shaman King, that is another awesome anime, I loved it.

Last time I tried to watch Steins; Gate I stopped at episode 4... but apparently it really begins a bit later so I'm giving it another chance.

Its not that I hate slow animes, but steins gate starts too slow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

:p Nobody's mentioning Angel Beats , AnoHana , Clannad :p . It's all blood and gore and insanity with you guys :D .

Clannad was too sad of a story, that and Toradora. I also like Golden Time in that genre, although I don't watch much romance anime, those three were definitely worth watching.

:p Nobody's mentioning Angel Beats , AnoHana , Clannad :p . It's all blood and gore and insanity with you guys :D .

Angel beats almost made me cry at a few scenes and always made me laugh. Have not watches the other two but i have heard a lot about them.

Its not that I hate slow animes, but steins gate starts too slow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Like i mentioned you need to stick around for the first six episodes. Then the fun starts.

About Clannad and Angel Beats, I've heard they're "cheesy" but in an "interestingly cheesy" way... don't know what it means, perhaps something like Fruits Basket (for those who watched) ?
Was a fan when I was a kid, despite being explicitly girly. :D It had some quintessential depressing moments too (like Clannad ?).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dsxyVQs_r-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unfortunately have not watched Fruit Baskets. Also Clannad was not cheesy.

With cheese or without cheese , they still had a heavy impact on my tear ducts :p .

I'd like to mention High School Rumble :D for a nice sit-back-n-relax afternoon filled with non-stop laughter .

Also ,catch up on the manga Terra-formars which will also soon be appearing in anime . It's quite eye-catching and I'm sure you won't be disappointed :p

Angel beats almost made me cry at a few scenes and always made me laugh. Have not watches the other two but i have heard a lot about them.

Angel beats was awesome , sad that it ended too quickly for me but still it was a well done plot and ending .

I suggest you catch up on the other two soon , and be sure to keep a pair of tissues just in case :D .

the only one i love to watch

ONE PIECE its been going on for 15 years and they are in episode 636 and it comes out every sunday only which is **** taking :( but its worth the wait as its the best one out there

Karuko no basuke
thats a really awsome too

than the older version of Avatar where there was Ang there the current one is rubbish

Dude did you see the new kuroko episode, himuro crying was a sight to behold, and Kagami went beast mode.

Kuroko is awesome. Fadhi if you like basketball you'll love this anime

I'll admit I've discontinued watching Naruto for a long time now - don't have the patience to deal with endless fillers or the same story. Plus Kishimoto has admitted that Naruto will be ending anyways soon.

One Piece can probably go on for a good 3-5 years story wise, that's on a hiatus too as I caught up with the manga too fast and reading several chapters in one go is much better than a chapter a week.

I found Kaiji very interesting and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Animation wise it is'nt the best out there but it has an awesome storyline.

The new Hunter x Hunter is very good too but let's see what happens when the anime catches up with the manga as the author is ridiculously lazy and has'nt submitted a chapter in years.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in reading the best manga out there, check out Tower of God.

I've read Naruto, Bleach, Deathnote, One Piece, etc, but T.o.G is the best in my opinion. Brilliantly written.

I've only watched four animes so far, I think.
Monster started off really well but it got silly and tedious at the middle and ended even sillier.
Death Note and FMA: Brotherhood were great animes with great characters. The first half of DN is an absolute thriller!

Just watched sword art, was awesome

Absolutely adored the love story between Kirito and Asuna. The hero who would risk his life for the one he loves. Was amazing and fantastic action scenes

Last edited:
Bhaiyon checkout these two manhwa

The Breaker and its sequel The Breaker: New Waves

Okay I've just struggled to episode 12 of Clannad, the spirit girl arc was very touching but overall I was expecting a bit more substance. Will post comments after watching first and second season.

Also I've caught up with all my watched animes so can anyone recommend good non-mainstream ones.

Last edited:
I finished Attack on Titan and read upto Chapter 50 of the manga but on a breather at the moment.

Is One Peice worth persisting with? I still haven't got through the first 10 mins of the first episode in 3 years :))

Is One Peice worth persisting with? I still haven't got through the first 10 mins of the first episode in 3 years :))

I would definitely persist with it, the animation is a bit poor for the first few episodes but the Grand Line is where it definitely gets exciting. I read the up-to-date manga as well so there are some plots along the way and I think Oda has done an amazing job to keep the story interesting for so long with minimal fillers.

^ What do you think?? I havent read the manga though//

Its a bit different, the anime is much better than the manga though. I think in Episode 6 where Eren and his whole team get eaten by the Titans and Armin announces their death whilst crying that was a very touching scene for me and that is when I developed an interest in the anime.

I personally like Kingdom too though it is a bit "seinen" , its got action and military strategy and it is factually linked with the unification of China so there is some truth in it.

My interest with anime starts and ends with Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki, Akira, Perfect Blue, Castle in the Sky, Summer Wars, classics like Paprika, Howl's moving castle and Spirited Away.

Sadly, the anime genius Miyazaki is calling quits and retiring from working on animes. His last film Kaze Tachinu/ The Wind Rises [in japanese language] [2013] can be seen on kissanime.com.

Finding a complete manga online is a struggle, but one can try mangahere.com.

I saw a poster the other day in the Underground "The Wind Rises" is actually releasing in cinema over here in UK.

For mangas online you can try mangafox, mangareader etc.

My interest with anime starts and ends with Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miyazaki, Akira, Perfect Blue, Castle in the Sky, Summer Wars, classics like Paprika, Howl's moving castle and Spirited Away.

Sadly, the anime genius Miyazaki is calling quits and retiring from working on animes. His last film Kaze Tachinu/ The Wind Rises [in japanese language] [2013] can be seen on kissanime.com.

Finding a complete manga online is a struggle, but one can try mangahere.com.

I saw a poster the other day in the Underground "The Wind Rises" is actually releasing in cinema over here in UK.

For mangas online you can try mangafox, mangareader etc.
I'll definitely check them out. Thanks guys.

Okay so a personal question for the posters: Are there any animes or scenes out there which have reduced you to tears?

How many of you guys feel that Naruto is just getting ridicules now? I mean the manga.

The anime, even with its filler arc is pretty good, I think.

Just finished watch both seasons of Clannad and I'm sort of speechless! Definitely goes into the pile of one of the best anime I have ever watched. Looks too girly in the beginning but it is very realistic and does have some emotional scenes. I had water in my eyes after some as you can really relate to some of the experiences portrayed.

To all The anime fans!!

Watch Cowboy Bebop and tell me if there is any better!!

I've heard Death Note and Bleach are really good, haven't got round to watching them though. DBGT is good too. I'm not a fan of Naruto though, I'd pick Beyblade over that.
DBGT was rubbish.

How many of you guys feel that Naruto is just getting ridicules now? I mean the manga.

The anime, even with its filler arc is pretty good, I think.
The war dragged on for so long

I think Naruto may be starting a new series soon, the movie which is set a 3 years down the line is apparently supposed to finish off the series.

First generations of Beyblades and Yugioh were good, not a fan of the following generations.

Back