Any Manga/Anime fans?

About Gintama

It is funny they said, watch it for the smiles they said ...

Damn, it gets so emotional so quickly.

I was thinking of starting gintama as it looks similar to bleach visually, is it an action based anime with powerful villains to defeat like dbz and bleach?

Do you read the manga as well?

Nope, for One Piece I'd rather watch it. So far I'm on the bit after the straw hat crew fall out of skypia (Luffy beating up Enel) and are infiltrated by Marines.

Nope, for One Piece I'd rather watch it. So far I'm on the bit after the straw hat crew fall out of skypia (Luffy beating up Enel) and are infiltrated by Marines.
You're calling it the best after that :))

Just wait for what's to come.

I was thinking of starting gintama as it looks similar to bleach visually, is it an action based anime with powerful villains to defeat like dbz and bleach?

Very different from bleach and dbz. Those anime are action dependent, with Gintama you get long stretches of comedy with action as a bonus. IMO it is much better than both bleach and dbz.

Just watched Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in a month.

Absolutely class show, loved it.

Gotta say I'm absolutely loving Anime so far, far far far better than I could ever have expected

Nowadays I have been reading a lot of those Korean web-toons. They are weekly and tend to range from 25-50 pages depending on the comic and the week and the best thing about it is that they're coloured.

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri is a pretty good anime I recently watched, but don't let the premise/summary deter you away from watching it because it sounds lame; Medieval Kingdom vs Modern Day Japanese Military. There is more to the story and its quite enjoyable as it explores social interactions between two civilizations that are hundreds years apart in technology.

Its funny noting the similarities between the humunculi and Pakistan cricket.

Sloth - Umar Akmal - idiot
Wrath - Misbah - controlled and calculating
Pride - Afridi - forever young
Gluttony - Inzamam. Self explanatory haha

Finished Code Geass.

Another amazing show, gonna be honest I'm a massive Lelouch supporter haha

Finished Code Geass.

Another amazing show, gonna be honest I'm a massive Lelouch supporter haha

Watched the two seasons of Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph). Very good show with nice production values. My only gripe with it was that two male protagonists were at times a bit to friendly with each other, if you know what I mean:ghalib

Finished the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Fantastic again, preferred the methods surrounding the humunculi origins here and thought it was much more poetic than in Brotherhood. The humunculi themselves receive so much more character development, Lust and Greed in particular. Differs in many key ways from Brotherhood especially the ending so even if you seen FMAB this is worth a look. Alphonse is such a whiney pain in the 2003 version I must say, didnt warm to him whatsoever.

A fantastic show, much darker than Brotherhood and also slower, once the filler filled first 25 episodes are done the show really kicks off. So so gutted I've no more FMA to watch, I could honestly watch 1000's of episodes set in this universe with these characters, would love a spin off show about Greed to be announced but alas I'm well in pipedream territory with that one haha.

OST is also exceptional. Best two tracks for me.

I'd advise watching Brotherhood first as it is still fantastic and it is canon, if like me you adored Brotherhood and want to see its characters in different light with different outcomes, definitely give this a try, you may like me almost find yourself preferring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Hunter × Hunter.

Amazing series and characters are well thought out.

Finished Code Geas,Full metal panic a couple of months back and Code geas is great but not near Deathnote.

Also anyone about to start the Full metal Panic series make sure to watch the first season and then go for Full Metal Panic Fumofu before starting season 2.Fumofu is probably like "penguins" from madagascar,kind a spin off but really funny.

Watching Bleach right now, only at episode 110 - so far so good, but I'm pretty aware that's it soon (end of the current arc) to get extremely extremely lame, not only because of the fillers but the weak script too. Many credible commentators have compared it to Yu Yu Hakusho (I was one of the few kids who preferred YYH to Dragon Ball Z, nearly blasphemous), not only when it comes to the "darker" ambiance (as compared to DBZ, and its own erstwhile rival Naruto) but also because in both cases the authors didn't have the imagination to keep the pace going, unlike, say, One Piece (I know, it's unfair to compare any manga to One Piece in that field).

What I particularly love is the OST (that's what I judge in an anime first), composed by Shiro Sagisu, also known for Evangelion, and who's at ease in every domain, whether classical, jazz, ... two very emo ones I like :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1uLPjiITqqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0nIaC6Vl4m8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Overall I'd say Bleach is one of the few animes I could remember for its OST alone if anything, with few others like the two FMAs, Death Note, Hunter X Hunter, NHK Ni Yokouso, Trigun, Gungrave, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Terror in Resonance and Steins;Gate (I'd strongly advise the last two, not lots of episodes but very emotionally-captivating.)

Ah Bleach....its become garbage the past two years, but I still read it since I invested so many years into it, and now I just want to see how it ends (its in its final arc).

Ah Bleach....its become garbage the past two years, but I still read it since I invested so many years into it, and now I just want to see how it ends (its in its final arc).

Gave up on bleach years ago, it started getting way to repetitive.

I dropped off Bleach quite early, I heard it only gets worse as the series goes on. Naruto towards the end kind of got silly.

Best anime out there imo is One Piece, the first 50-60 eps (the childish english dub by 4kids doesn't help..) you may find boring but then it picks up and blows every other anime out there, out of the water.

It's a slow burn series, if you stick with it, you'll grow to love it and you'll begin to understand why it's considered one of the best animes of all time.

Last edited:
One Piece is very good but I feel that the recent arcs are starting to become very childish especially the Dressrossa arc but since badass Kaidou made his entrance it's looking to pick up. Nothing beats the Marineford arc in my opinion.

Is that confirmed ?

One Piece is very good but I feel that the recent arcs are starting to become very childish especially the Dressrossa arc but since badass Kaidou made his entrance it's looking to pick up. Nothing beats the Marineford arc in my opinion.

Enies Lobby is the arc which mutated me into a One Piece fan but yeah Marineford is easily the best. Apparently at the end of the manga there'll be the same kind of war but on a way larger scale, just imagine.

It's also true that Kaido's appearance rejuvenated the manga, I thought Dressrossa was fine, but the one I found eminently annoying was the Fishman Island arc.

Hunter x Hunter is where it's at. The latest arc in the manga is straight up faaiyyah.

Last edited:
I don't know how to enjoy manga or animated movies :13: to me they always look like made for kids although i tried many times to watch and enjoy but no success.

I don't know how to enjoy manga or animated movies :13: to me they always look like made for kids although i tried many times to watch and enjoy but no success.

Depends on which ones you watched, I'm guessing it was the shounen types which tend to be more childish in appearance which may not be your cup of tea. Try seinen types, they tend to be more mature, dark and serious if that is what you would be into.

It all really comes down to the point if you can get past the fact that you are watching an animated show, since people new to the anime genre compare it and think of it (or generalize) as Western cartoons which are aimed at the children/toddler/kids population.

any anime recommendations? Haven't followed it in last 2 years..

What type of genre would you like to watch?

Mainly suspense and action. But I am open to anything good really as long as it's not too childish like Gurren Lagaan or Free metal Alchemist

To give you perspective, my favorites are Code Geass, Baccano and Death Note.

Mainly suspense and action. But I am open to anything good really as long as it's not too childish like Gurren Lagaan or Free metal Alchemist

Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon.

Shingeki No Kyojin, Terror in Resonance, Steins; Gate, ...

Shingeki No Kyojin, Terror in Resonance, Steins; Gate, ...

Cool dude.. I am not aware of 1st two.. Will check it out

Have watched 2-3 episodes of Stein's gate 3 times but didn't go any further. May be need to force myself as it's an anime that is supposed to get better and better with non-linear script.

Cool dude.. I am not aware of 1st two.. Will check it out

Have watched 2-3 episodes of Stein's gate 3 times but didn't go any further. May be need to force myself as it's an anime that is supposed to get better and better with non-linear script.

I remember I began to follow Steins; Gate when it first released but stopped at something like ep 5-6 because I thought it was too slow paced and didn't seem to go anywhere. 2 years later, after reading many good reviews, I got back to the anime and then I understood why it's so highly rated.

I remember I began to follow Steins; Gate when it first released but stopped at something like ep 5-6 because I thought it was too slow paced and didn't seem to go anywhere. 2 years later, after reading many good reviews, I got back to the anime and then I understood why it's so highly rated.

Yeah same with baccano

You should watch it if you haven't.. A real gem among animes

Also any views on ouran highschool host club?

Hellsing was bloody class.

Gonna watch Ultimate now, gutted its only 10 episodes though, when I saw it spanned several years I was hopeing for several seasons worth.

This is a very old anime but I have recently been watching it and I have to say its a complete masterpiece. Ginga Eiyuu Denetsu.

Hahaha, well that didn't take long. :))

Haha that is why I didn't even bother going back to it :))

HxH, D.GrayMan and Berserk; three really good manga but waaaay too inconsistent with its releases. I'll probably go back to it in 10 more years when there is a substantial amount of content to read :))

[MENTION=136108]Donal Cozzie[/MENTION]
Try GunGrave, a bit on the slow side but has a fantastic plot

Btw to all Bleach fans, manga is ending in less than 10 weeks! I feel like the author is being rushed due to poor reception, its pretty much getting axed lol

Btw to all Bleach fans, manga is ending in less than 10 weeks! I feel like the author is being rushed due to poor reception, its pretty much getting axed lol

Should've ended long time ago. The author started smoking some good sh1t after the Aizen arc.

Should've ended long time ago. The author started smoking some good sh1t after the Aizen arc.

Still so much unexplained plot-points, and it seems like he won't reveal the remaining bankais left (not that it matters he was extremely un-creative with the bankais of the hyped up captains :facepalm:)

HxH, D.GrayMan and Berserk; three really good manga but waaaay too inconsistent with its releases. I'll probably go back to it in 10 more years when there is a substantial amount of content to read :))

HxH just gets better and better. Hopefully this hiatus isn't as long as the previous ones.

Berserk was wicked until the last two episodes(IIRC). Made me lose interest after that.

What's D.GrayMan about? Haven't read it.

Still so much unexplained plot-points, and it seems like he won't reveal the remaining bankais left (not that it matters he was extremely un-creative with the bankais of the hyped up captains :facepalm:)

Urahara's in particular. Like seriously? You're gonna do us like that after making us wait an eternity?

Urahara's in particular. Like seriously? You're gonna do us like that after making us wait an eternity?

Urahara and Shinsui's was the most disappointing thing I've ever seen, and Ichigo's new one looks even worse :)) Kenpachi's was just meh, and was pointless since he got one-shot in the same chapter lmao (also didn't even explain what the Yachiru connection was) :facepalm:. I really do want to see Shinji's since his shikai was pretty hax, and Love still hasn't show his either. I doubt we will get to see Squad 0's either, heck we didn't even see all their shikais nor will we see the next-gen lieutenant's bankais. Just hope they show Aizen's at least!

I haven't read Berserk in 2 years I think, last I remember they were on that island with those mermaid looking things?

D.GrayMan is pretty good, its your typical shounen with your Exorcists fighting Demons but with an unique plot to it. The author, like HxH's, suffers from some medical related issue and frequently goes on hiatus and hence the quality of the manga dropped substantially past 5 years.

Last edited:

GunGrave was one of the most "human" animes I came across, you get emotionally attached. An under rated shonen. Texhnolyze (from the team behind Serial Experiment Lain, etc) is a seinen version of GunGrave if you're interested.

GunGrave was one of the most "human" animes I came across, you get emotionally attached. An under rated shonen. Texhnolyze (from the team behind Serial Experiment Lain, etc) is a seinen version of GunGrave if you're interested.

Agreed, it was emotional and you really for the characters. I'll check out Texhnolyze, thanks!

I thought I was the only one. Got teary eyed in the end.

GunGrave.

;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wSJyvn8B9a8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aZNtBp8F4CY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Finished Hellsing Ultimate.

Finding it really difficult to say which I preferred, both are excellent, 2003 has a far better style and general theme (no forced comedy), whereas Ultimate has a more coherent plot, less loose ends, fantastic action.

Damnit :/

I'm really disappointed how Bleach is ending. We didn't even get to witness Aizen's bankai.

I'm really disappointed how Bleach is ending. We didn't even get to witness Aizen's bankai.

Its a shame, but Bleach probably got axed hence this disgusting excuse of an ending given how popular and long the serialization, a slap to the fans and you can tell the author is being rushed.

He didn't even get to showcase the bankais of Aizen, Shinji, Love (bet everyone forgot about him), Ukitake, most of the Zero Squad (heck even their shikais), and he hinted he was going to reveal bankais of the lieutenants during this arc. Not to mention the unimaginative and lame bankais of Kenpachi, Shinsui and Urahara who were hyped to oblivion. And he didn't even bother to show/explain Ichigo's new bankai, another hyped to oblivion.

The final fights were just extremely lazy writing, the way he offed off hyped villains Gerard and Haschwalt in a span of pages, and Juha Bach lasted only 3 chapters whereas he spent like 15 chaps on that friggin Spanish luchador and Cupid each.

So many open plot-lines that he will never get to explain

Just finished Parasyte the Maxim. An amazing show, one of my top 3 anime. Last episode got all feely :(

Anyone watched Castle in the Sky? really enjoyed that.

Anime combines the light and darkness which resonates with you on a hypnotising level, it leaves you with a feeling which is neither full or empty. It can be depressing yet fulfilling. Hmm think I should avoid it

Just finished Parasyte the Maxim. An amazing show, one of my top 3 anime. Last episode got all feely :(

Just recently started Parasyte, I'm halfway through and its really good. Also enjoying their soundtrack too.

If you're into the feely type, try out Assassins Classroom and try not to bawl your eyes out at the end;

Just recently started Parasyte, I'm halfway through and its really good. Also enjoying their soundtrack too.

If you're into the feely type, try out Assassins Classroom and try not to bawl your eyes out at the end;

Yes the OST is excellent also. Surprisingly my favourite track was unreleased so took a while to find.

Code Geass to get a 3rd season!!

Lelouch has been confirmed to return guys!! He's back!

Mixed about this as the ending to the 2nd season was magnificent, but still, I'll never turn down more Code Geass

The best manga is monster,20th century boys is really good too (same author,you should read them and not watch the anime)
Death note and code geass are really good too as anime.

Have only ever bothered watching one anime and it is unarguably the best ever. DRAGON BALL Z. The rest are simply too inferior.

Have tried watching steins gate 3 times but always seem to stop at 3rd episode.. is it worth forcing myself to watch it ?

Mixed about this as the ending to the 2nd season was magnificent, but still, I'll never turn down more Code Geass

After watching that everything else pales into comparison.. kinda ruined the anime experience for me

Awesome, never liked melodramatic endings for main protagonists... Now is a great to chance to watch the series seasons 1 and 2 before season 3 arrives :D.

Have tried watching steins gate 3 times but always seem to stop at 3rd episode.. is it worth forcing myself to watch it ?

First time I watched it I stopped at 5-6 so much I found it low-paced (about to say "boring"). Then came back to it 2 years later (considering the reviews) and I can say it's one of the best animes out there.

Back