Any one here a fan of Gran Turismo?

Somali Pirate

First Class Captain
Runs
I remember playing these car racing series back in my youth. After that i kind of lost interest altogether. Apparently the latest one is the first one on the playstation 3 and it's coming out in November.

[utube]nTDIDpt-Q9Q[/utube]

It's looks bloody awesome!

Who isn't a fan of GT?

GT4 was my pinup game for years on the mighty PS2.

I remember the first on Playstation 1 more than 10 years ago. Good game, though it took ages to get a good car.

6e408l.jpg

Just amazing.

^Looks like a 458 Italia? lol, can tell from the queer placement of the indicator buttons. Cant wait for this one!

I had GT4 with the complete Race seat/force feedback setup. Loved it.

been a long term fan of gran turismo games, had them all the way from gt4. i dont game much, but i love sim racing. when i saw the gt7 listed for the ps5 last year i thought i have to get me this game but instead of reliving my youth with some carefree mindless fun this game has come to epitomise everything that is messed up about modern gaming.

first lets get the cost out of the way, £70 for a digital download. by far the most ive ever paid for a game, rarely have i ever paid more than £20 for a game, but i thought this will be worth it. but obviously a pad wont be fun, so ill get a steering wheel and some pedals, thats another £200. expensive, but whatever, the idea of this set up was the stuff of my adolescent dreams, so worth it to realise it.

so i see the initial reviews, strong, i fork out for the game, installs fairly quickly, i jump into it, and its a lot of fun, lovely graphics, good physics, force feedback on wheel is a bit low quality, but i dont mind. i play for about 3 or 4 hours, unlock 10 or 15 cars, which i notice i cant sell, first red flag, but nothing major, no problem.

back to work, so no gaming for a few days, i get back on the weekend, download the updates and suddenly everything seems different, 3 hours of playing and im losing credits on upgrading my cars rather than making money to buy nicer cars, and then it helpfully suggests that i can "buy 100,000 credits for £1.99". this isnt a free to play game, this is a £70 game that's making it impossible for me to even buy new cars in game. They waited a week after release to completely change the games economy after getting positive critic reviews.

anyone considering buying this game, please heed my warning, do not feed the beast, they have completely sold fans down the river with their micro transaction model, and have in the process made the game completely inaccessible to the adolescent me who fell in love with these games.

sorry about the rant, but just felt like getting it off my chest and warning people

tl:dr gt7 is a shameless cash grab, do not buy it until the game makes some serious modifications

been a long term fan of gran turismo games, had them all the way from gt4. i dont game much, but i love sim racing. when i saw the gt7 listed for the ps5 last year i thought i have to get me this game but instead of reliving my youth with some carefree mindless fun this game has come to epitomise everything that is messed up about modern gaming.

first lets get the cost out of the way, £70 for a digital download. by far the most ive ever paid for a game, rarely have i ever paid more than £20 for a game, but i thought this will be worth it. but obviously a pad wont be fun, so ill get a steering wheel and some pedals, thats another £200. expensive, but whatever, the idea of this set up was the stuff of my adolescent dreams, so worth it to realise it.

so i see the initial reviews, strong, i fork out for the game, installs fairly quickly, i jump into it, and its a lot of fun, lovely graphics, good physics, force feedback on wheel is a bit low quality, but i dont mind. i play for about 3 or 4 hours, unlock 10 or 15 cars, which i notice i cant sell, first red flag, but nothing major, no problem.

back to work, so no gaming for a few days, i get back on the weekend, download the updates and suddenly everything seems different, 3 hours of playing and im losing credits on upgrading my cars rather than making money to buy nicer cars, and then it helpfully suggests that i can "buy 100,000 credits for £1.99". this isnt a free to play game, this is a £70 game that's making it impossible for me to even buy new cars in game. They waited a week after release to completely change the games economy after getting positive critic reviews.

anyone considering buying this game, please heed my warning, do not feed the beast, they have completely sold fans down the river with their micro transaction model, and have in the process made the game completely inaccessible to the adolescent me who fell in love with these games.

sorry about the rant, but just felt like getting it off my chest and warning people

tl:dr gt7 is a shameless cash grab, do not buy it until the game makes some serious modifications

I paid £89.99 for the deluxe edition!

Like you the last GT I played was GT4.

Overall a great game, but since update 1.07 it all went Pete Tong.

Race rewards have been reduced, which means more grind, and more emphasis on micro transactions! 15.99 for 2M credits, but some of the legendary cars cost between 15M and 20M!

Though grind can be overcome, the worst part of GT7 is the Alway-On! You need an active internet connection just to play the main campaign etc which makes up about 95% of the game! This was exposed when the servers were down for 30 hrs last week, and players around the world couldn't play kak, other than a nonsensical race to pass time.

As a result GT7 has been review bombed on Metacritic, user reviews have lead the score to be 1.6. Yes 1.6, an all time low for any PS game!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/gran-turismo-7

Last edited:

Race rewards have been reduced, which means more grind, and more emphasis on micro transactions! 15.99 for 2M credits, but some of the legendary cars cost between 15M and 20M!

Though grind can be overcome, the worst part of GT7 is the Alway-On! You need an active internet connection just to play the main campaign etc which makes up about 95% of the game! This was exposed when the servers were down for 30 hrs last week, and players around the world couldn't play kak, other than a nonsensical race to pass time.

As a result GT7 has been review bombed on Metacritic, user reviews have lead the score to be 1.6. Yes 1.6, an all time low for any PS game!

Wow, I like Metacritic especially for movies - tends to give a good indication of the expert and fan sentiment. Also have used it at times for games, I’ve never seen a 1.6 score across such a large sample! that is crazy.

The micro transaction model is a cancer and I don’t know if the developer allows this with GT games, but I remember downloading Dirt Rally 2 like a year after its release or maybe it was during a special offer period and I got it at a bargain price with all the DLC. I don’t know if GT will ever provide such a luxury given how you can’t buy certain cars unless they be available in the showrooms, they are taking advantage of their hardcore following

i left a 0 on metacritic, i actually hardly ever review stuff good or bad, but i was so disappointed in this, not even angry, just saddened. i have disposable income so its different but imagine kids who've never been exposed to these games before, like if i was 11 or 12 now id actually feel guilty about asking my parents to buy me it.

the worst part is that the game is actually really good, but i simply cant commit to grinding 15 hours to move a little bit ahead in the game, and it just totally killed the mood.

also those stupid lottery tickets, like literally trying to hook kids onto stupid gambling mechanics, cant stand the sleaziness man. if they had been honest from the get go id pbly even have bought it anyway, but the timing makes it so obvious that theyve basically played their hardcore fanbase.

Gran Turismo 2 was/is an absolutely legendary game. Particularly the career mode. Spent many an hour perfecting my profile! :)

i left a 0 on metacritic, i actually hardly ever review stuff good or bad, but i was so disappointed in this, not even angry, just saddened. i have disposable income so its different but imagine kids who've never been exposed to these games before, like if i was 11 or 12 now id actually feel guilty about asking my parents to buy me it.

the worst part is that the game is actually really good, but i simply cant commit to grinding 15 hours to move a little bit ahead in the game, and it just totally killed the mood.

also those stupid lottery tickets, like literally trying to hook kids onto stupid gambling mechanics, cant stand the sleaziness man. if they had been honest from the get go id pbly even have bought it anyway, but the timing makes it so obvious that theyve basically played their hardcore fanbase.

A shame to hear really, it reinforces my aim to get the Xbox Series X and Forza Horizon 4 (based in the UK)

Also, have you heard of ESBC Boxing which is in development, it looks unreal with an incredible roster of active and non-active fighters, lets hope they don’t milk us with the micro transactions and DLC

Gran Turismo 2 was/is an absolutely legendary game. Particularly the career mode. Spent many an hour perfecting my profile! :)

The GOAT, going to look into emulation options to play that gem again

Yup the grind is real. I was aiming for the plat and need to buy 3 legendary cars for a trophy. It would cost me 60M CR. To make matters worse the max you CRs you can have in your wallet is 20M.

The lottery tickets are not a lottery at all. When you win a prize, immediately quit the game, restart, open the ticket, you will win the same prize. Rinse and repeat and the result is the same.

Plus the one a day lottery ticket for completing 26 miles, should also include a lottery ticket weekly and monthly, goal too, just to add more variety.

I don't mind grinds, but as long as I feel there is progression it's not really a problem. Grinds like collectibles in Assassin's Creed series are fine, challenges in RDR2 are great, because the surroundings keep changing, but driving the same circuit over and over again is just too much repetition for little reward.

I hope they change the economy of the game to improve gamer experience.

A shame to hear really, it reinforces my aim to get the Xbox Series X and Forza Horizon 4 (based in the UK)

Also, have you heard of ESBC Boxing which is in development, it looks unreal with an incredible roster of active and non-active fighters, lets hope they don’t milk us with the micro transactions and DLC

yes, have seen that, but will wait for a few weeks after release to see how that pans out. im not a massive fan of single player gaming in any other genre, but would deffo get it for the multiplayer to have friends over, cos most of them enjoy and follow boxing too.

used to play the old street fighter, and mortal kombat games, but i was never really too good at them.

Yup the grind is real. I was aiming for the plat and need to buy 3 legendary cars for a trophy. It would cost me 60M CR. To make matters worse the max you CRs you can have in your wallet is 20M.

The lottery tickets are not a lottery at all. When you win a prize, immediately quit the game, restart, open the ticket, you will win the same prize. Rinse and repeat and the result is the same.

Plus the one a day lottery ticket for completing 26 miles, should also include a lottery ticket weekly and monthly, goal too, just to add more variety.

I don't mind grinds, but as long as I feel there is progression it's not really a problem. Grinds like collectibles in Assassin's Creed series are fine, challenges in RDR2 are great, because the surroundings keep changing, but driving the same circuit over and over again is just too much repetition for little reward.

I hope they change the economy of the game to improve gamer experience.

yep, i realised that pretty soon, i mean in gt sport the prizes were a little more varied, they have totally taken the pi55 this time around.

i loved the original rdr, and quite liked rdr2 too. the grind added to those games becuase they helped build a sense of attachment with the characters, and its obvious the developers werent making money by keeping things needlessly long.

i think ill just leave gt on the shelf for a few weeks and come back to it after a few updates.

Micro transactions are not really the problem per se, but rather how they are implimented.

Star Wars by EA was the absolute worse, you had to MTX just to complete the collectables, and made worse by the fact the loot boxes were totally random.

MTX to avoid the grind are sometimes helpful if priced right. For example in AC series you can purchase time saver packs which do indeed save time, plus they are reasonably cheap.

MTX in Fortnite is perfect. The game is free, you can buy the season Battle Pass once, and earn enough V-Bucks for the next Battle Pass, so kind of perpetual. Of course you can by weapons and costumes etc, but these are for cosmetics rather than progression. The same applies to COD.

DLCs are 50/50. Prices which inc season pass are fine, but the worst for DLC paid content has to be Tekken 7 in my experience. Awesome game but I have to pay for additional characters amd backgrounds which are sold as DLC. I think Tekken 7 has something like 13 DLC packs.

For me if I am paying for a game that is costing me nearly £100, I do not expect any MTX or pay for immediate DLCs (new content after 2 or years is fine with me).

GT7 has so much potential but sadly after a few weeks I have lost interest. Worse part is I am 2 trophies away from the Plat. Including the dreaded 3 Legendary cars.

Back