Are Imran Khan's days numbered as PM of Pakistan?

Is this the end of Imran Khan's regime?

• Total voters
.. AND let me add, the biggest sign of our nations fickle nature is we want him out in favor of the second generation of these goons, who have absolutely no track record or proof of doing better than their ancestors, rather than thinking critically and going for younger, fresher, more honest people who have actually done anything. Even our younger generation is resigned to accepting the offspring of the mafiosos as if by some "royal lineage" these people are entitled to "rule" the nation.

Just this attitude or pattern paints a very clear picture of our mentality, we are nothing but slaves to our personal desires and motives and want to invest in leadership with no credibility except their last names or party affiliations.

We have a culture of corruption, where everybody is busy pulling the rug from everybody else's feet to get forward and make money, the mafia has been in place for decades if not since the creation of Pakistan, its actually a big blight on the character of our nation but thats how we are, as much as I am embarrassed to admit it. It goes from top down to the bottom most rung, where almost everybody is involved in some form or fashion.

Do we really expect Imran or his party, assuming they are all clean (which is a tall order in itself) to clean up the system in 4 years? I think its ridiculous to suggest its possible and put the blame on one man's inability to fix it. The best we can hope for is for him to lead by example, do the best he can and hope the culture is rooted out slowly but surely. It will take at least a generation to see the change coming into effect if the efforts are successful.

Our nation expects changes overnight, but we are such hypocrites we dont look at ourselves in the mirror. The change starts from home, every single individual needs to play his part, but like I said we are too busy slinging mud at the one man who nobody accuses of corruption and instead in our chase for quick fixes to our personal bottom line want the same goons installed back in who got us in this mess in the first place.

i am not disputing that. but main question remain the same that what step he has taken so far to control those mafias? for instance sugar mafia special jangeer tareen is walking freely and even out of country.

The impression I get from here is mostly Pakistanis living overseas support Imran Khan but the likes of [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] etc who actually lives in Pakistan is not in favour of him.

Maybe overseas Pakistanis don't know the ground reality about economy, lawlessness etc which Pakistanis living in Pakistan face on a daily basis? :13:

Narendra Modi's approval rating is 74% meaning 74% Indians living in India are happy with him as a PM.

Can anyone confirm what is Imran Khan's approval rating among Pakistanis living in Pakistan? End of the day that is what matters and not what Pakistani's living in UK, USA says.

The impression I get from here is mostly Pakistanis living overseas support Imran Khan but the likes of [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] etc who actually lives in Pakistan is not in favour of him.

Maybe overseas Pakistanis don't know the ground reality about economy, lawlessness etc which Pakistanis living in Pakistan face on a daily basis? :13:

Narendra Modi's approval rating is 74% meaning 74% Indians living in India are happy with him as a PM.

Can anyone confirm what is Imran Khan's approval rating among Pakistanis living in Pakistan? End of the day that is what matters and not what Pakistani's living in UK, USA says.

So 2 Pakistani’s who are against IK mean most of those living in Pakistan would be against him too?

Also, [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] voted for Imran Khan in the elections.😂

Civil servents often change with the government depending on their job roles. We both know why.

I dont need to make any claim. All PPP servents in any sort of high profile job were part of the theft. Zardari is the biggest theif in Pakistans history.

you really dont know about civil servants do you. Civil servants act upon their ministries. And civil servants are not hired or fired.

They are selected from a merit in competitive exam. The govt does not matter, the merit list is made.

As usual, foreign pakistanis not knowing about Pakistan and making dumb claims

exactly, but the overseas Pakistanis who dont know anything about the country as you see [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] post, they like to take part in our politics and if we dont vote their favorite chachu, they claim that the locals dont know economics :)

Politics in subcontinent is not as simple as foreign pakistanis think. Especially the second and third generation..

This is very clueless.

Many overseas Pakistanis are dual nationals. Do you realise what this means?

You dont have to reside in a land to know what is going on. Unless you think overseas Pakistanis have no family or no friends in Pakistan.

A lot of people in Pakistan have earned a good living via corrutpion working for the likes of PPP and PLMN, this is why they are hungry now, need more stolen rupees to buy a new Toyota Corolla.

For a man to start his own party and within 20 years become PM is a huge achievement against a corrupt system. THis shows he is popular.

A lot of Pakistanis are idiots blaming high prices, do they think the world is living for free?

Petrol is much cheaper in Pakistan than it is in India but the corruption lovers dont know this basic fact.

exactly, but the overseas Pakistanis who dont know anything about the country as you see [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] post, they like to take part in our politics and if we dont vote their favorite chachu, they claim that the locals dont know economics :)

Politics in subcontinent is not as simple as foreign pakistanis think. Especially the second and third generation..

I know PPP and Zardari are theives, yet you dont. We both know why you cant admit this.

I dont need Zardari to put bread on my table. Others are begging for him to return so they can take others bread in Pakistan esp from the poor who suffer most from corruption.

Btw I have a lot of family in Pakistan, they would laugh at your posts because they know your motives for Zaradi being framed on your wall.

This is very clueless.

Many overseas Pakistanis are dual nationals. Do you realise what this means?

You dont have to reside in a land to know what is going on. Unless you think overseas Pakistanis have no family or no friends in Pakistan.

A lot of people in Pakistan have earned a good living via corrutpion working for the likes of PPP and PLMN, this is why they are hungry now, need more stolen rupees to buy a new Toyota Corolla.

For a man to start his own party and within 20 years become PM is a huge achievement against a corrupt system. THis shows he is popular.

A lot of Pakistanis are idiots blaming high prices, do they think the world is living for free?

Petrol is much cheaper in Pakistan than it is in India but the corruption lovers dont know this basic fact.

yes we are idiots.

the guy who makes rs.15k a month is an idiot. Because it is not the job of Imran Khan the PM to increase the minimum salary.

oh wait, minimum salary bhi global economics dictate karte hai

I know PPP and Zardari are theives, yet you dont. We both know why you cant admit this.

I dont need Zardari to put bread on my table. Others are begging for him to return so they can take others bread in Pakistan esp from the poor who suffer most from corruption.

Btw I have a lot of family in Pakistan, they would laugh at your posts because they know your motives for Zaradi being framed on your wall.

you really dont understand the paistani politics do you..

If you think [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] represent Pakistan, then why would you even need to come on here to argue about anything? Pakistan would be part of India already. Unless for some reason you guys wouldn't want it to be so?

Didnt you describe 12-16% inflation as hyper inflation. And you want respect for your knowledge.

ISLAMABAD: The government ruled out the possibility of governor’s rule in Sindh on Friday but said it will petition the Supreme Court to seek a ruling on whether PTI defectors could lose their seats ahead of a no-confidence vote against Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The prime minister has also called a meeting of the PTI political committee today (Saturday) to review the fast-changing political situation in the country and contemplate the issue of PTI dissidents.

Sources in Prime Minister Office told Dawn that Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed presented a summary regarding the imposition of governor’s rule in Sindh during a PTI parliamentary committee meeting on Friday.

The meeting was presided over by the prime minister, in which he reviewed the current political situation and changing loyalties of over a dozen PTI lawmakers to support the opposition.

Dissidents get notices, govt to approach SC for interpretation of Article 63-A

After the meeting, Sheikh Rashid told reporters that “no decision has so far been taken on the summary” regarding governor’s rule.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi also made it clear that the federal government had no intention to impose governor’s rule in Sindh.

Addressing a press conference along with federal ministers Asad Umar and Fawad Chaudhry in Islamabad, Mr Qureshi said the PTI’s parliamentary committee met under the premier’s chairmanship.

The participants held consultations on the no-trust vote issue and it was decided that the party would face the move and defeat the opponents, he added.

Govt to approach SC
Several PTI lawmakers withdrew their support for the government on Thursday, proving that opposition claims of having won over members of the ruling coalition were indeed true and stoking more uncertainty over whether the premier can hang on to power.

Meanwhile, Information Minister Chaudhry Fawad Hussain said the government had decided to file a presidential reference under Article 186 of the Constitution in the Supreme Court for the interpretation of Article 63A.

“The Supreme Court will be asked about the legal status of the vote of party members when they are clearly involved in horse-trading and change their loyalties in exchange for money,” the minister tweeted.

“Will members who change their allegiances for economic gain be disqualified for life or will they be allowed to run for re-election? The Supreme Court will be asked to hear this reference daily and give a verdict,” he said in another tweet.

Meanwhile, talking to Dawn, Mr Chaudhry confirmed that show-cause notices had been issued to dissident lawmakers, who had been given one week to return to the party.

Signed by PTI Secretary General Asad Umar, the notices seek an apology from the lawmakers and asks them to return to the party fold.

Published in Dawn, March 19th, 2022

you really dont understand the paistani politics do you..

There is not much to understand really.
If you loot the country and bribe people you stand a chance at election.
You should stand

If you think [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] represent Pakistan, then why would you even need to come on here to argue about anything? Pakistan would be part of India already. Unless for some reason you guys wouldn't want it to be so?

I have not said that they represent Pakistan but people like you dont either. Look I have zero knowledge in Pakistan politics and neither I am interested. But what I have noticed reading posts here are only overseas Pakistani's residing in UK/USA goes over the top supporting Imran Khan but actual Pakistani's living in Pakistan dont have many good things to say about him. I can be wrong too and hence I asked what is Imran's approval rating amongst Pakistani's living in Pakistan because at the end of the day that is all that matters. Overseas Pakistani's viewpoint is secondary.

There is not much to understand really.
If you loot the country and bribe people you stand a chance at election.
You should stand

oh? and thats why Imran won?

again as a minority, better to concentrate on UK rather than focus on our countries politics..

I have not said that they represent Pakistan but people like you dont either. Look I have zero knowledge in Pakistan politics and neither I am interested. But what I have noticed reading posts here are only overseas Pakistani's residing in UK/USA goes over the top supporting Imran Khan but actual Pakistani's living in Pakistan dont have many good things to say about him. I can be wrong too and hence I asked what is Imran's approval rating amongst Pakistani's living in Pakistan because at the end of the day that is all that matters. Overseas Pakistani's viewpoint is secondary.

nahi jee, overseas like @cpt.rishwat know better, they pretend to be the educated ones and think us living in the country are jahils

It will be interesting if Imran Khan is voted back to power with an even bigger majority.

This is very much possible. Incompetence labels, poor economics and inflation for IK aside. People are really fed up with the PPPs, PMLNs and others. IK has exposed them in front of the public. There's already an overwhelming support for IK for that reason.

nahi jee, overseas like @cpt.rishwat know better, they pretend to be the educated ones and think us living in the country are jahils

Yes but we have family members who are in pakistan, both my mother's and fathers side reside from karachi, trust me their not jahils when they say PPP have taken karachi sindh back to the stone ages, if it weren't for imran whose continued pressure has led to improvements in karachi over the last 3-4 years, these corrupt araam khors and their pathetic supporters of PPP would have continued on their merry way.

I live in Pakistan. But my opinion and viewpoint is different to Major regarding IK. Certainly not blind by any party.

Take this as you will.

I am not overseas pakistani, have worked in KP for the last 8 years of PTI regimen, my opinion is different from mamoon and co, but yes I am disappointed with PTI government regarding many things but I still feel they are doing better job .And recent jalsa by PTI were hugely successful which shows they are still backed by common people.

Why didn't pti win a full majority in the last elections?

the election was rigged by the army.

In Pakistan we have systematic rigging. PMLN likes to put fake votes or change the constiuency of voters without their knowledge.

PTI, with the help of the army was able to cancel votes. Thus, there were places where more than 10k votes were cancelled and the lead was given to the other candidate.

Also the majority was not given to PTI, as the establishment did not trust them with fulll power and and to keep them on leash they made sure the opposition retain some seats.

In Pakistan we have systematic rigging. PMLN likes to put fake votes or change the constiuency of voters without their knowledge.

PTI, with the help of the army was able to cancel votes. Thus, there were places where more than 10k votes were cancelled and the lead was given to the other candidate.

Also the majority was not given to PTI, as the establishment did not trust them with fulll power and and to keep them on leash they made sure the opposition retain some seats.

Sir, any proof of the riggings? Apne points ke liye mulk ko embarrass karo. Can't believe you're actually a Misbah supporter.

What happened to the court challenge for this. [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] at the time claimed that PTI was done out of seats( by some estimates 20) to keep them weak. So stop posting rubbish to justify your support for criminals. We get it- you have no morals but at least be a man and say so.

Reply on Hyper inflation is needed and your saying your not Jahil-Most 13 years old what is hyperinflation.

One thing is for sure, India should never allow dual nationality with voting rights. Never.

Hard to tell, but IK seems to be in a spot of bother with his own people deserting him.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...ns-party-ahead-no-confidence-vote-2022-03-17/

But whatever one says, the man is a fighter. He won't give up easily and will ensure that the blood of at least some of his opponents is seen on the floor (figuratively).

Yes he will fight to the last ball.

And those people who are leaving him are "lotas", they are not his people. They left other parties before joining PTI, not out of any loyalty to IK or PTI, but because they thought he would win the last election. Now they think he will lose so they are leaving.

The selected Randi Rona is now threatening the OIC conference. And [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] said that its not paid for by other countries.

Who will become Prime Minister of Pakistan if Imran Khan loses?

Or will there be a military coup?

No coup. either an interim govt or new elections. The PPP, PML N have nothing holding them together except their desire to remove IK, so the new PM will probably belong to one of the smaller parties.

Lack of education has always been the problem for majority of the Pakistanis. If IK is being shown the door due to inflation and other economic problems, well there you have it! They deserve all the hurt they get because they deserve it for blaming IK for these problems and falling back on the mafia who will run us further into the ground.

I dont think our nation even truly understands how the world works and they feel every government can simply print more money and the economic woes will be done or hand out ridiculous subsidies so "poor" people can survive by taking debts we cannot repay... err... let me rephrase that part.. debts we could have easily repaid or never needed in the first place had we not put the mafia of Sharifs/Zerdari-Bhuttos in charge.

I would say lack of patience is a bigger problem. Elections should be held every 4 years instead of 5, this desire to topple govt before they complete their terms would be less then.

Why hasnt Zardari organised a protest against the army to this day? Im guessing he has as much evidence as you do.

If Imran loses, he should retire from politics. The people of Pakistan dont deserve a great nation but a lackey of the Americans who will make it poorer and poorer. The odd people who thrive of corruption may be happy but most will be look in the mirror slapping themselves later.

The selected Randi Rona is now threatening the OIC conference. And [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] said that its not paid for by other countries.

you are right, the randi rona of coaine khan is threatening OIC.

The oppositition is only by the constitution, its the Govt who wants to bring 10k workers and stop the mnas from voting.

There would had been no issue if the opposition just goes in and vote. But govt has issue and caused the series to be shifted away from pindi and now OIC

Why hasnt Zardari organised a protest against the army to this day? Im guessing he has as much evidence as you do.

If Imran loses, he should retire from politics. The people of Pakistan dont deserve a great nation but a lackey of the Americans who will make it poorer and poorer. The odd people who thrive of corruption may be happy but most will be look in the mirror slapping themselves later.

yes thank you, now plz concentrate on the politics where you are part of the minority..

We local Pakistanis can decide who we want as PM and who we want to kick out like on 27th

I am going to be careful the way I phrase this because I know IK is super popular on this forum but would the opposition manage to pull of these stunts if Imran had something tangible to show as his success the last 3 years.

Numbers like 3% exports went up 5% imports went up don’t go too far in the larger scheme of politics.

I am tempted to bring analogy with india but that will just take the thread in a different direction.

What are the odds that there a lot of things IK has to self-introspect on?

I have heard clips of some of his speeches and I know it is to rile up the crowds but I don’t think he is cut out to be a politician or a diplomat yet. Yes he might be a good and honest man but that is not a qualification to be a political administrator. It might be an added bonus that’s about it.

Please no hate. That is my honest perspective looking in from the outside.

They have been pulling these stunts since 2018. This is not new, however this has a higher chance of succeeding since IK only had a narrow majority, and now their are factions within the PTI that want IK out since he would not remove the Punjab CM Buzdar. If this faction is gone then the govt is gone, so all the lotas who only joined IK because he was going to win the 2018 election, are going to desert him. The other parties that were allied with his govt are going to leave.

If he decided to sack Buzdar he has a chance to keep his govt.

One thing is for sure, India should never allow dual nationality with voting rights. Never.

thats exactly the point. WHat was even worst was the fact that a PTI candidate won the election with dual nationality....... After 3 years he was finally disqualified, but he made the money that he wanted to. The said politician was Faisal Vawda...

The govt has also passed a bill where overseas Pakistanis have been allowed to vote in an attempt to save themselves.

Its sad how certain pms will go to any extent to make the elections in their favor. Hopefully, the PPP could amend this bill in future..

What's your take on Imran siding with religious right? He has been part of urban liberal/moderate class in his younger days, the reason why NRPs in US support him a lot( infact he was largely popular in India as well ). But he has completely changed that image of his once in power. Not sure if he thinks that is the best way to outcompete his counterpart government in India or is compromise the need of the hour with lot of vulnerabilities in Afghanistan and on Pakistan 's western border.

The religious right, or as well call them the Mullahs, are allied with the liberals in trying to get IK out. PTI is a centrist party in Pakistan, IK never ran as a liberal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Message to my workers and supporters: The crooks and traitors of our country are falling in a trap. <a href="https://t.co/bNxD8QIiy6">pic.twitter.com/bNxD8QIiy6</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1505205908300832777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The best way to know IK's popularity in Pakistan is to take a look at the opinion polls.

Last Gallup poll from January 2022 shows that PTI will win next election if it was held now, however IK only has a 36% approval rating. How can he win with such a low approval rating? Well the opposition will not be able to stay united. Liberals and Mullahs have nothing in common except wanting IK out.

https://gallup.com.pk/post/32893

Also the jalsas that IK has are not attended by overseas Pakistanis.

If traitors of your ilk can vote, why can't the overseas PK.

so, anyone who doesnt vote PTI is a traitor?

Reminds me of zia ul haq, where he made it that anyone not voting him in was against Islam..

Just so you know, even [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] voted for pti

Exactly. These poster are part of the liberal upper middle class or the elite class. They do not represent the majority of Pakistanis. For example when Imran Khan mentioned vulgarity and women's clothes leading to rape, they could not understand that majority of Pakistanis think that way. They truly think that those type of statements will outrage voters into voting against him.

Exactly. These poster are part of the liberal upper middle class or the elite class. They do not represent the majority of Pakistanis. For example when Imran Khan mentioned vulgarity and women's clothes leading to rape, they could not understand that majority of Pakistanis think that way. They truly think that those type of statements will outrage voters into voting against him.

1. im from the middle class
2. if women clothing leads to rape, than we should start burying the females in bhurka and veil, because the last thing i know was that people also rape dead women in coffins. Children also get raped, is it due to their dressing?
You see the stupidity in the statement from the PM of Pakistan? no wonder hes getting removed

You dont own Pakistan. Many of us have more assets than you, all through legal means. We also have a lot of family who have never robbed the nation either.

I think certain people who are enemies of Pakistan should ask India for asylum. They will enjoy their life much better under Modi im sure.

non pti supporters are enemies of Pakistan......

again makes you question, what about the pti members made up of ppp members. That would make PTI itself a traitor party..

funny how even Pakistani politics is round.

Firdous ashiq awan of PPP is corrupt, but Firsdous ashiq awan of PTI is clean as a whistle.

2. if women clothing leads to rape, than we should start burying the females in bhurka and veil, because the last thing i know was that people also rape dead women in coffins. Children also get raped, is it due to their dressing?
You see the stupidity in the statement from the PM of Pakistan? no wonder hes getting removed

I agree women's clothing does not lead to rape, and that Pakistani women should have the right to wear whatever they want. Whether its a burkha or bikini. However the majority of Pakistanis do not think that way. If anyone thinks that majority of Pakistanis are ok with women wearing whatever they want they do not understand Pakistani society.

Ok i will take your word for it. However I have a lot of family in Pakistan who consider themselves middle class, while living in posh areas with maids and drivers. With their children attending elite private schools. If anyone has that type of lifestyle imo they are not middle class.

non pti supporters are enemies of Pakistan......

again makes you question, what about the pti members made up of ppp members. That would make PTI itself a traitor party..

funny how even Pakistani politics is round.

Firdous ashiq awan of PPP is corrupt, but Firsdous ashiq awan of PTI is clean as a whistle.

Look at the Randi Rona and his statement this afternoon against the OIC in PK, at who's behest did he do it. Let me think. I bet it won't be long before he back tracks on this, if he hasn't done so already.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, anyone who doesnt vote PTI is a traitor?

Reminds me of zia ul haq, where he made it that anyone not voting him in was against Islam..

Just so you know, even [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] voted for pti

Anyone that votes for the PPP and the Nooras is a traitor. IK isn't PK

If why can't the overseas PK.

Not talking about Pakistan but in general

do you see a problem in being a dual citizen and say you live in country number:1 where you live, pay taxes and enjoy the benefits

And then exercise your right to vote in country number 2 where the new government might be philosophically and ideologically different from the country you live in.

Do you see a problem there?

Anyone that votes for the PPP and the Nooras is a traitor. IK isn't PK

i think you should make a thread on this, would be interesting discussion......

wonder if MQM voters are also traitor? Oh right, they are part of the PTI alliance. they are jannati for now i guess

It Imran khan survives this debacle, what are his chances in the next elections? I feel IK needs a 2/3 majority to make any real changes to the system.

i think you should make a thread on this, would be interesting discussion......

wonder if MQM voters are also traitor? Oh right, they are part of the PTI alliance. they are jannati for now i guess
MQM voters that Continue to support Altaf are traitors.

Not talking about Pakistan but in general

do you see a problem in being a dual citizen and say you live in country number:1 where you live, pay taxes and enjoy the benefits

And then exercise your right to vote in country number 2 where the new government might be philosophically and ideologically different from the country you live in.

Do you see a problem there?

We pay taxes in PK. If you read my interview you can see what I said about this issue

The religious right, or as well call them the Mullahs, are allied with the liberals in trying to get IK out. PTI is a centrist party in Pakistan, IK never ran as a liberal.

I was refering to TLP. Not the established political parties.

What a month it has been so far in terms of politics. On the question of OP i.e. is Imran's days numbered? The answer is "maybe" for short-term and "no" for long-term.

Imran has given a massive shut-up call already to most of the political world by doing his display of public jalsas showing his popularity is higher than ever. There is a very interesting fact that every year 3 million old people die in Pakistan whilst 3 million new babies are born, rest assured the departed represents voting power of legacy parties like PMLN/PPP whilst the newborn represents addition into PTI votebank. If anyone genuinely thought that PTI would lose its popularity then they are really naive as 80% or more new voters that have entered into the voting system will overwhelmingly vote for PTI and that votebank just simply grows.

When it comes to no-confidence motion Imran would be the ultimate winner eitherway. In scenario A, Imran wins no-confidence motion then in that case opposition might as well go off cameras and talk shows given the massive embarrassment they would face. In scenario B, if Imran loses no-confidence motion then it would be remarkably difficult for PDM to govern for 1 year remaining. In this 1 year not only they have to make select political appointments they also have to pass the budget in June where massive spikes in energy is coming through already. Eitherway, Imran's popularity is only going to grow and I can see PTI winning a simple majority in next round of elections.

The silver lining coming through in all this political mess is that Imran has to distribute ticket more responsibly next time around. Rather than distributing tickets to proven lotas Imran should bring the youth and educated leaders forward for the simple fact that public if they vote for PTI then it would be largely done for Imran rather than MNA. If Imran can grasp this basic fact then he can actually create a political legacy where the party might survive even after he is gone.

What a month it has been so far in terms of politics. On the question of OP i.e. is Imran's days numbered? The answer is "maybe" for short-term and "no" for long-term.

Imran has given a massive shut-up call already to most of the political world by doing his display of public jalsas showing his popularity is higher than ever. There is a very interesting fact that every year 3 million old people die in Pakistan whilst 3 million new babies are born, rest assured the departed represents voting power of legacy parties like PMLN/PPP whilst the newborn represents addition into PTI votebank. If anyone genuinely thought that PTI would lose its popularity then they are really naive as 80% or more new voters that have entered into the voting system will overwhelmingly vote for PTI and that votebank just simply grows.

When it comes to no-confidence motion Imran would be the ultimate winner eitherway. In scenario A, Imran wins no-confidence motion then in that case opposition might as well go off cameras and talk shows given the massive embarrassment they would face. In scenario B, if Imran loses no-confidence motion then it would be remarkably difficult for PDM to govern for 1 year remaining. In this 1 year not only they have to make select political appointments they also have to pass the budget in June where massive spikes in energy is coming through already. Eitherway, Imran's popularity is only going to grow and I can see PTI winning a simple majority in next round of elections.

The silver lining coming through in all this political mess is that Imran has to distribute ticket more responsibly next time around. Rather than distributing tickets to proven lotas Imran should bring the youth and educated leaders forward for the simple fact that public if they vote for PTI then it would be largely done for Imran rather than MNA. If Imran can grasp this basic fact then he can actually create a political legacy where the party might survive even after he is gone.

Lol as usual, pti fans trying to make theories to cling to and be happy.

Funny how 3m voters are dieing each year but somehow imran is suppose to outlive them....

Anyways, election doesnt happen this way. There is no written rule that new voters will be voting imran. Also, pakistani politics isnt as simple.
Establishment decides who becomes pm.

Losing the no confidence vote is going to be a big blow for imran, the reason for that is simple, PAKiSTANI POLiTICS

In pakiatan, every party in govt will hold on to the funds, and only in the final year are funds released and projects are started. This is done to make sure the project is done before the elections or interm govt and the voter remembers the work done.

All parties have done it and pti was going to the same. Losing the last 1.5 years is going to be crucial.

Now the funds will transfer to ppp and pmln, and they will try to capture important ministries. If they do some good work and release the funds accordingly they can steal the show by the time of the general election.

Second, the new voters are always the ones on the fence. Diehard prinfans and diehard ppp or diehard pmln fans dont really decide who will win. Its the one on the fence. New voters are always on the fence, thus whoever is able to convince and tilt the fence towards their sode, that psrty wins.
Die hards only do shor to convince these on the fence voters.

Everyone is angry with the economical mess that Imran has created.

People are jumping up and down on the popularity factor, popularity doesnt feed a poor person. Inflation has gone crazy... Even the establishment wants the PPP to take over for the time being atleast so that economical reforms and policies could be made and the country be saved from the mess that has been created

Aha not sure what rock people like you live under. I recall even in middle east gas prices have doubled in 2 years time. Would you mind explaining how Imran Khan played a role by doubling gas prices even in regions where inflation before was never this high because if it's high in Pak because of him then certainly globally it must be him as well :))

Such hike definitely was unimaginable for places like middle east for petrol. Folks like you are clueless about economic situation of the world and these fake cries of IK and inflation only works for chuur and lotera fans of Pakistan :)

Anyone who says IK and inflation are connected are just lols

Lol as usual, pti fans trying to make theories to cling to and be happy.

Funny how 3m voters are dieing each year but somehow imran is suppose to outlive them....

Anyways, election doesnt happen this way. There is no written rule that new voters will be voting imran. Also, pakistani politics isnt as simple.
Establishment decides who becomes pm.

Losing the no confidence vote is going to be a big blow for imran, the reason for that is simple, PAKiSTANI POLiTICS

In pakiatan, every party in govt will hold on to the funds, and only in the final year are funds released and projects are started. This is done to make sure the project is done before the elections or interm govt and the voter remembers the work done.

All parties have done it and pti was going to the same. Losing the last 1.5 years is going to be crucial.

Now the funds will transfer to ppp and pmln, and they will try to capture important ministries. If they do some good work and release the funds accordingly they can steal the show by the time of the general election.

Second, the new voters are always the ones on the fence. Diehard prinfans and diehard ppp or diehard pmln fans dont really decide who will win. Its the one on the fence. New voters are always on the fence, thus whoever is able to convince and tilt the fence towards their sode, that psrty wins.
Die hards only do shor to convince these on the fence voters.

With all due respect in a country where 2 party system has been working for over 2 decades it is just amazing to see people still don't give Imran the respect where its due. Also another thing if 2 party system is going for decades and Imran still finds a way to be the biggest political party in Pakistan then its not because of new votes or people on the fence but its because the people who previously voted for PMLN/PPP voted for PTI.

I have said this before and happy to repeat it Imran is not in power because he is the all-round leader, he is in power because people are tired of PMLN/PPP and their corruption which has quite literally destroyed the second generation of this country. Feudal system is a recipe for disaster in developing countries and this bubble has to burst which is what is happening now.

The silver lining for PTI now is that they should get rid of lotas in next election as people would vote for PTI in the name of Imran and hence its the best opportunity to field next generation leaders.

Aha not sure what rock people like you live under. I recall even in middle east gas prices have doubled in 2 years time. Would you mind explaining how Imran Khan played a role by doubling gas prices even in regions where inflation before was never this high because if it's high in Pak because of him then certainly globally it must be him as well :))

Such hike definitely was unimaginable for places like middle east for petrol. Folks like you are clueless about economic situation of the world and these fake cries of IK and inflation only works for chuur and lotera fans of Pakistan :)

Pakistan fuel prices at the pump are cheaper than India.

Is it me or the ones who speak strongly against IK are pro-India too?

How any self respecting Pakistani can vote for a man who holds hands against an extremist who hates Muslims and wants to bomb Pakistani kids is beyond me.

Holding hands.jpeg

I think i have this like 200 times comparisons mean nothing.

In pakistan the minum salaray is 17k, when in reality people are paid 12-15k...

The pm has the authority to not only have the minimum salary increased but also enforce it

This pm went on tv begging companies to increase salaries.. that shows he has no control over the country.

Kabhi mafia sey appeal kabhi kisiay

[

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Imran barely manage to win elections? Are you telling me nearly half of Pakistan is pro-India?

That’s not a bad thing. Gives me hope for peace one day between the 2 countries.

DARGAI: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday said that he is ready to forgive the dissident MNAs of the PTI given that they rejoin the party.

Addressing a jalsa in the Dargai tehsil of the Malakand district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the premier told about two dozen disgruntled MNA's of the PTI — who had "sought refuge" at the Sindh House out of the fear of the government ahead of the no-confidence motion against the premier — that they have "committed a mistake by accepting a bribe from the Opposition."

"A leader is like a father figure for you," the premier said. "Now, the nation has become exceedingly aware of politics because of social media, so even a child in the country knows that when a party member becomes a turncoat, there is money involved."

He reiterated that the whole nation would assume that the MNAs have "sold their conscience by voting in favour of thieves."

"You will not be able to attend public gatherings and no one would marry your children when they'd grow up," he warned his MNAs.

"We all make mistakes. Allah also forgives his slaves. I am just like a father figure to you all. But for God's sake, don't make such a big mistake [by joining hands with the corrupt Opposition]. Think about your children's future."

Jibe at Opposition

Amid political tensions in the country as the Opposition has already submitted a no-confidence motion to oust the premier and has demanded it to be tabled on Monday, PM Imran Khan said that the time has come for the people of Pakistan to make a decision now, adding that the youth of Dargai will support the party that has worked for the sake of Pakistan.

Taking a jibe at the Opposition, he said that the PML-N threw PPP's Asif Ali Zardari in jail during its tenure, while the PPP also initiated corruption-related cases against PML-N when they were in power.

He also said that it was the PML-N that had assigned the derogatory title of "diesel" to JUI-F's Maulana Fazlur Rehman as they accused him of selling diesel permits after taking money from the PPP.

"I, therefore, question the Opposition: Is thievery only bad when your adversary commits it? But when they join hands with you, does it become acceptable?" the premier said.

He said that a leader has to lead by example, so if the public would see that their leader is corrupt, people will also follow suit.

"When a nation becomes morally corrupt, they stop working hard because they resort to corruption as it brings easy money," he said.

Fight against Islamophobia
Responding to the Opposition's criticism, the premier said that in the last three-and-a-half years, the PTI-led government did things for the betterment of the country that had been unprecedented in the country.

"I am the only leader in the history of Pakistan who brought up the issue of Islamophobia on every international platform. I thank Allah and the Holy Prophet (PBUH) for giving me success and now the United Nations has also acknowledged the issue."

The prime minister said that Fazl, throughout his 30-year career, couldn't muster the courage to bring the issue of Islamophobia up because he was scared of being labelled as a terrorist.

On Pakistan's response to pandemic, other achievements

PM Imran Khan, while further praising the achievement of his government, said that under his leadership, the country steered itself out of the deadly coronavirus pandemic for which the entire world lauded Pakistan.

"The country is now on the path to progress which has been unprecedented in the country," he said.

The premier then talked about the tax collection targets that his government achieved and also shed light on the record number of remittances received from abroad which, he said, added greatly to the national exchequer.

"We also broke records in terms of agricultural exports, industrial production, IT exports, and the construction sector," he said. "The PTI government collaborated with different banks to provide [housing] loans to people so that they could become homeowners."

He said that his government is the only one in the country's history that has worked to modernise Lahore.

The prime minister also heaped praise on his government for successfully reaching an agreement with Barrick Gold for the development of the Reko Diq mine after 10 years of legal battles and negotiations.

"I congratulate the people of Balochistan on this landmark achievement," he said.

PM Imran Khan then responded to criticism related to the prices of petroleum products in Pakistan and said: "The price of petrol in Pakistan is cheaper than Dubai even though the UAE produces its own oil."

"Akin to that, the petrol price in India and the United Kingdom is also much higher as compared to our country."

The premier then talked about his popular rhetoric of turning Pakistan into a welfare state — based on the model of Riyasat-e-Madina — and said that for the first time in the country's history, the PTI government introduced the concept of the health card.

"Ever since I joined politics, I had always wanted to work on the health sector of the country. Now, the poor masses of the country will not have to worry about financing health as the government has provided every family with health insurance of Rs1 million."

The premier then talked about different projects that the PTI government introduced for the betterment of the country, including the development of the tourism industry, the building of shelter homes, efforts to minimise the effects of climate change, the introduction of the single national curriculum.

'Nation knows which media houses are sell-outs'

PM Imran Khan then addressed the media and said that as the watchdog of the society, it has a big role to play in strengthening democracy, adding that it is the job of the media is to create awareness among the masses.

At the same time, he said, the media has to adopt ethical practices and stand against evil.

"Unfortunately, a lot of media houses work solely for money, and some even accept foreign funding. I leave it to the public to find out which media houses are standing with the thieves [the Opposition]," he said.

"The nation is observing the media and it can see which media house is working in favour of Pakistan and which one is a sell-out," he said.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/406351-return-to-pti-i-will-forgive-you-pm-imran-khan-to-dissident-mnas

As an Indian - 1 thing I have noticed common between Imran bhakts and Modi bhakts

In India if u criticize Modi - bhakts label you as anti-national and pro-Pakistan

In Pakistan if you criticize Imran - u are labelled as pro India and traitor

:p :p

Pakistan fuel prices at the pump are cheaper than India.

How any self respecting Pakistani can vote for a man who holds hands against an extremist who hates Muslims and wants to bomb Pakistani kids is beyond me.

View attachment 115362

Lol...Imran on record said that first thing he did when he got elected as PM is to extend the hand of friendship to Narendra Modi and invited him for talks. Had Modi accepted his offer, you would have seen a similar picture.

Its a different story that after Pulwama, India stopped all dialogue with Pakistan and started taking decisions unilaterally.

Nawaz Shariff met Modi as PM of a country...Imran would do the same if Modi wants to tomorrow. Infact he is going to Russian channels and asking for a meeting with Modi.

Lol...Imran on record said that first thing he did when he got elected as PM is to extend the hand of friendship to Narendra Modi and invited him for talks. Had Modi accepted his offer, you would have seen a similar picture.

Its a different story that after Pulwama, India stopped all dialogue with Pakistan and started taking decisions unilaterally.

Nawaz Shariff met Modi as PM of a country...Imran would do the same if Modi wants to tomorrow. Infact he is going to Russian channels and asking for a meeting with Modi.

I know you are bitter that IK has exposed the fascist. IK is showing up the little Hitler every day. Who isn't aware that your leader is a fascist

I know you are bitter that IK has exposed the fascist. IK is showing up the little Hitler every day. Who isn't aware that your leader is a fascist

Exposed in front of whom? LOL.

Anyway no tax in thinking...so you can think whatever you want.

But we are discussing different thing here. KKWC posted a picture giving an impression that only Nawaz Sharif has met Modi and how Imran has ignored him considering he is a murderer of Muslim's. But Imran from Day 1 wanting to meet Modi...watch his speech in Pak parliament after Article 370 abrogation. His exact statement was 'When I became PM first thing I did was to extend the hand of friendship to Modi'.

If tomorrow Modi invites Imran for a talk, you seriously think later would decline? LOL

Exposed in front of whom? LOL.

Anyway no tax in thinking...so you can think whatever you want.

But we are discussing different thing here. KKWC posted a picture giving an impression that only Nawaz Sharif has met Modi and how Imran has ignored him considering he is a murderer of Muslim's. But Imran from Day 1 wanting to meet Modi...watch his speech in Pak parliament after Article 370 abrogation. His exact statement was 'When I became PM first thing I did was to extend the hand of friendship to Modi'.

If tomorrow Modi invites Imran for a talk, you seriously think later would decline? LOL

The World.

Just FYI, apparently he was praising India in todays speech on how they are handling this current Russia-Ukraine situation. Just saw a clip of that on SM

That is not going to be reason for me to change whatever I think of him. Will it yours?

Also it’s not like a new/old PM will start signing praises of Modi. It’s not like when Nawaz, Zardari,Benazir or the army generals were ruling Pakistan, they thought highly of the Indian government then.

Imran statements are seen for what they are, just rhetoric that impacts his own value, No one really takes Imran seriously in India. Yes Pakistan is taken seriously but that’s because of their powerful army and defense assets.

:)))

Extended hand is a phrase meaning willing to make peace/create better relations , coming to an agreement etc.

It doesnt mean to hold hands like a couple.

We know NS sold out Pakistan, was helping India.

Imran is nobodys slave.

As an Indian - 1 thing I have noticed common between Imran bhakts and Modi bhakts

In India if u criticize Modi - bhakts label you as anti-national and pro-Pakistan

As they say, birds of the same feather always flock together.

They also became bhai-bhai during the russia-ukraine conflict. :)))

Just FYI, apparently he was praising India in todays speech on how they are handling this current Russia-Ukraine situation. Just saw a clip of that on SM

That is not going to be reason for me to change whatever I think of him. Will it yours?

Also it’s not like a new/old PM will start signing praises of Modi. It’s not like when Nawaz, Zardari,Benazir or the army generals were ruling Pakistan, they thought highly of the Indian government then.

Imran statements are seen for what they are, just rhetoric that impacts his own value, No one really takes Imran seriously in India. Yes Pakistan is taken seriously but that’s because of their powerful army and defense assets.

One thing about Imran is that the guy is not a hypocrite and would not criticise something for the sake of it. I completely agree with Imran that India has maintained a very good foreign policy that despite being part of the QUAD they are not indulging in sanctions over Russia like other QUAD members given they are keeping their people's interest at the forefront. So this is a people first policy which has nothing wrong in it and should be appreciated.

Similarly when Imran said "Absolutely NOT" that was a popular people narrative and he was keeping Pakistan people's interest at the forefront which has received applause locally from Pakistani public.

The world of pakistanis only.

World leaders are more than happy to lay out the red carpet for Modi. While Imran is desperately trying to save his own chair.

And you think that's because of Modi or the fact that India is a massive market?
Please can you try and shed your inferiority complex for just one day...

The real difference is India is meant to be a superpower whereas Pakistan is supposedly a failed state. So why is this comparison even being made? Why do Indians care so much about Pakistan rather than say, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka?

The world of pakistanis only.

World leaders are more than happy to lay out the red carpet for Modi. While Imran is desperately trying to save his own chair.

Confusing The Ind state and its size with a fascist who cant string a sentence together without a teleprompter

The similarity is striking.

The real difference is India is meant to be a superpower whereas Pakistan is supposedly a failed state. So why is this comparison even being made? Why do Indians care so much about Pakistan rather than say, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka?

Haha not really, I ma a PTI supporter and I don't do that.:shappy

I feel IK will get out of the quagmire he finds himself in. This is not to say that all the promises he made were as false as Nawaz and Zardari. Thing is IK is an honest man despite his short comings hence i support him.

I know of a few people in Pakistan who were pretty anti IK and were frustrated by the level of inflation during his tenure but the blatant corruption of the opposition parties this week and the confidence, arrogance that they are exhibiting that they will easily get away with it, has made them support him again. I am pretty sure they are not the only one.

Desperate to see losing his seat of power in the wake of the opposition’s upcoming no-confidence motion against him, Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday maintained that he would rather give up his government than “compromising on his conscience”.

Out of sheer frustration, the premier even urged the dissident PTI lawmakers to return to the ruling party’s fold, saying that he was ready to forgive them like a “compassionate father”.

“A decisive moment has arrived in the country’s history -- whether you [the nation] choose ‘bandits’ or those striving to end the menace of corruption in the country,” an embattled premier said while addressing a public gathering in Dargai – a small town in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa’s Malakand district.

The premier maintained that he was asked by the party members to bring back the dissenting lawmakers by “buying them off” using government’s resources.

“If the government is to be saved by plundering nation’s wealth or by compromising on conscience, then I curse it.”

Referring to the opposition parties, the prime minister claimed that they had been offering bribes to the lawmakers to switch their loyalty and party affiliation with their ill-gotten wealth.

PM Imran said the people knew the faces of the “three stooges” from the opposition – PPP Co-Chairperson Asif Ali Zardari, PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif and JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman – who had been “stealing” for years and facing corruption cases.

“The judiciary, Election Commission of Pakistan [ECP], and the nation are observing the situation. The veil has been lifted from the eyes of the nation,” the premier said, adding that opposition leaders would "badly lose this match" against him.

He said those legislators, who had been elected to safeguard public interests, had “sold out” their conscience for wealth. “They have not only sold out their country and nation, but also their faith.”

The premier claimed that in Sindh House, bags of money were distributed among members of parliament, likening it to a “funeral of democracy”.

He added that it was an obligation for the nation to stand up and raise its voice against such tactics. The rattled premier went as far as to warn dissenting PTI members to return to the party’s fold or face social boycott.

“People will not trust you… the youth are aware of whatever is happening in the country. This is the age of social media where it is difficult to hide anything,” he added.

The premier also warned the estranged lawmakers of dire consequences if they “sold their conscience” and cast their vote against the party line in the lower house of parliament.

“People will forever dub you [dissenting MNAs] as people who sold their conscience. Your children will be unable to find spouses and they will be ridiculed at school,” he remarked.

“You are destroying the future of your children by accepting this money.”

The prime minister, while sharing his experience of life in the UK, said he had never heard of members of parliament selling their loyalties as they had strong democratic values and political insight. “They never thought of such tactics.”

PM Imran even lauded India for having an "independent foreign policy", which was favourable to its own people.

He maintained that like India -- which imported oil from Russia despite US sanctions and despite being an ally of the Americans -- his foreign policy would also favour the people of Pakistan.

“I haven’t bowed before anyone and will not let my nation bow either.”

The premier maintained that he said “absolutely not” to the European Union envoys, who had sought Islamabad’s support against Moscow in the Russia-Ukraine conflict because "they broke protocol by making the request".

He added that Pakistan would have gained nothing by complying with the EU's request.

“We became part of America’s war against terror in Afghanistan and lost 80,000 people and $100 billion.
He asked Shehbaz as to what had Pakistan gained from the war on terror.

The prime minister emphasised that he was not like Shehbaz who “polished boots when he saw a white man in a suit”.

“I am a free man when I read the kalma, I took an oath that I will not bow before anyone but God,” PM Imran reiterated.

He maintained that the “hypocrites” – referring to the opposition – would never stand for their nation because they “worship money”.

According to the premier, the nation would never progress if it remained a "slave" to the world’s superpowers, and would only prosper when it stood on its own feet.

“For these 3.5 years [of the PTI government], we have only tried to help Pakistan prosper,” PM Imran claimed. “No past government has achieved this feat.”

Express Tribune

Back