Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

I am confused. You are complaining ( rightly so) about the lack of action in the window but at the same time playing down the 1st major signing as injury prone. Cheer up lad its only July. We got a full season to be miserable lol.
We already have injury prone full backs, we don't need another one. A player who keeps getting muscular injuries, after a serious knew injury. That's a huge red flag if there ever is one. We've seen numerous players join Arsenal and then suddenly get muscular injuries all time as well Tomiyasu, partey etc.. which comes from training and the strains of playing in PL. There is already stories coming out the Arteta is having to convince the board on this signing and rightly so. When you keep asking for left backs and goal keepers pretty much every season just shows **** poor squad building, poor recruitment and squad management

The deal isn't completed. Bologna have set a price of 50M euros, half of that goes to his former club Basle. So they won't budge on price as they only get half the fee. Whilst he's a good player, he's already had 1 serious knee injury in his young career and loads of injuries after that.

You've got Arteta coming out saying teams have to curb spending etc.. so why is the left back area being addressed again? Tavares, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu, kiwor, timber and now someone else? How many times is the left back and goal keeping position going to be addressed again and again.

The midfield, winger and striker areas have needed fixing for last 2 seasons, yet those areas haven't been filled and again and again squad gets exposed for lack of depth. Once again Arsenal spending re-addressing non priority areas and come end of window usual nonsense about lack of money, PSR will be used.

Calaforis injury record is below

View attachment 145241

Saka, Rice and saliba have all played loads in the Euros and will need to be rested at points in season and there is no quality depth to help with that.

Also depend on a German donkey and an injury prone Jesus ain't bridging the gap to man city. Nor will it help in Europe.

5 seasons a manager at a big club should be challenging on all fronts, right now this squad is miles off that.

Arsenal should be making huge statement of intent in transfer window. But as usual the squad will be left with holes that will be exposed again. The expanded CL will expose both the lack of depth and the managers inability to manage a squad in all competitions again.

What has edu actually been doing since last summer?
He's 22 years old right? So in 18/19 when he had his big ligament injury he was what 18 years old?

Come on bro do better.

Takes time to revover from a ligament injury and normally means a period of picking up knocks but if you look at the last couple of years he's been alrite.

Name some players Arsenal should be linked with and doing what they can to sign and you'd be happy with

He's 22 years old right? So in 18/19 when he had his big ligament injury he was what 18 years old?

Come on bro do better.

Takes time to revover from a ligament injury and normally means a period of picking up knocks but if you look at the last couple of years he's been alrite.
My points were essentially that

1) Any serious ligament injury isn't good, the muscular injuries afterwards will always happen. You are then looking at moving to a more intense league and also its already been seen how many players have joined Arsenal like I name before that have all of sudden become injury prone like partey.

If you look at Tomiyasu he had a history of calf and muscle injuries at bologna. Joined Arsenal and gets injured all the time as he can't handle things in this league.

Calafori as a player is good, but signing a player whose injury record is as poor as the left backs we already have is just gross negligence.

Weve seen plenty of young Arsenal players van persie, ox, whilshire, diaby in a similar manner have loads of injuries whilst young and end up not being available as much as they should have been.

Also why are we changing the left back again season after season, I thought according to most Arteta and edu signings have been a success.

Almost every season its change the keeper, Change the left back. Ignore rest of the other areas in the team.

Name some players Arsenal should be linked with and doing what they can to sign and you'd be happy with

CB - Gheui, diomande
Midfield - Olmo, Kilmmich, wirtz,
Wingers - gnabry, sane, Coman, Raphina, eze, williams, khudus
Strikers - Toney, Watkins, isak, oshimen

Arsenal should be making statement signings that takes the club up a level. Should be looking to bridge the gap with Man city. Also building a team to dominant domestically and abroad

Instead of recycling goalkeepers and left back because of useless recruitment

Last edited by a moderator:
CB - Gheui, diomande
Midfield - Olmo, Kilmmich, wirtz,
Wingers - gnabry, sane, Coman, Raphina, eze, williams, khudus
Strikers - Toney, Watkins, isak, oshimen

Arsenal should be making statement signings that takes the club up a level. Should be looking to bridge the gap with Man city. Also building a team to dominant domestically and abroad

Instead of recycling goalkeepers and left back because of 💩 recruitment
Good list. I agree with the strikers apart from Toney but that's just personal opinion.

Didn't you have an issue with Isaks injury record a while back or was that more to do with his price tag because of his injury record

Merino is another that's been linked. Looked good in Euros but dont remember him ever doing owt for Newcastle. @Geordie Ahmed might be able to shed some light.

Olmo is brilliant but probably end up at Barca.

We need back up for Saka. I said it before and I'll say it again no striker or backup for saka is gross neglect.

Glad Onana has gone to Villa. Is better for them. He's good but I don't think he'd had have notched up the small margins we need to catch up to city.

Good list. I agree with the strikers apart from Toney but that's just personal opinion.

Didn't you have an issue with Isaks injury record a while back or was that more to do with his price tag because of his injury record

Merino is another that's been linked. Looked good in Euros but dont remember him ever doing owt for Newcastle. @Geordie Ahmed might be able to shed some light.

We need back up for Saka. I said it before and I'll say it again no striker or backup for saka is gross neglect.

Glad Onana has gone to Villa. Is better for them. He's good but I don't think he'd had have notched up the small margins we need to catch up to city.

Yeah isak was a combination of the high fee and injuries. But at same time if we could get him for 80M that Would be more suited than the 120M been branded about.

City were looking at olmo last season, with KDB being phased our leaving I can see them looking at him, so should we.

Yeah agreed on onana, more I watched him I saw good physical presence, but struggled when being pressed and also very slow passer of ball, in saying that he is more suited to a team like villa.

Don't want to see his face again... I've trained my kids to say he is the worst player 😂😂
Good training 🤣🤣.

On another note, looks like more clubs will be after nico Williams now. He would improve our squad massively

Good training 🤣🤣.

On another note, looks like more clubs will be after nico Williams now. He would improve our squad massively
He's been on our radar but we are never really proactive tbh. 4 weeks left. Hopefully transfer window hots up now

Some good news for Arsenal.
Arteta will be a very happy man tonight

Some good news for Arsenal.
Arteta will be a very happy man tonight
Let's see after 4 season of failure, if he was taking notes from Spanish managers and players who know how to win.

Rice, Saliba and saka are going to need a break now for atleast 3 weeks or even a month.

It's time edu stop stealing a living as DOF, and actually made some signings

you mean become like a Pep Clone?
I think you mean Peps cone man.

Even the Spain manager showed more ability as manager then Arteta.

Whole reason Spain won the euros is because of the managers tactics, proactive subs and most of all trusting his entire squad.

Whether it's tournament football, club football or league football, the managers ability to use all of his squad and trust his player is ultimately what gets you success. Anyone who is honest enough knows the last 2 parts I mentioned is exactly why Arsenal have won jack diddly Squat in last 4 seasons.

So I'm not sure what exactly Spain winning euros has any benefit to Arsenal.

Arteta and edu should be focusing on fixing the wholes in squad.

Otherwise I'm sure we will here.

I'm waiting to see what Arsenal do in the 25/26 summer transfer window before passing judgement

Looks like Palace, west ham and Fulham are looking at ESR

Looks like Vieira and cry baby are staying 🤦🤦

Glad Onana has gone to Villa. Is better for

He's been on our radar but we are never really proactive tbh. 4 weeks left. Hopefully transfer window hots up now
Only think hotting up is Edu's bbqs.

Edu doesn't know what being proactive is.

Let's have a look at the state of play

Arsenal knew all along when they agreed personal terms with calafori that bologna would have to give Basel half the transfer fee, surprise surprise its been dragged out
I wonder what left backs and goal keepers Arsenal will be looking at in summer 25/26

Nketitah sale stumbling as no one wants to match his 100K wages

Nelson sale stumbling as no one wants to match his 100k wages

Fabio Vieira, the guy that Arteta doesn't trust and hardly used from January onwards. No club wants to sign him or match the wages he's on. Now all of a sudden Arteta wants to keep him as he has a point to prove

The kronkes have invested and shown ambition since taking full ownership according to the club's two chief cheerleaders

Not a single penny from the kronkes has been into Transfers in last 3 year PSR cycle.

Kronkes Authorised 100M for Rice, they have changed

Arteta in pre-season. This season will be tough as we have extra games to play.

Good to see manager rolling out excuses for a 5th trophyless season which is on its way. Don't worry the club will reward Areta and edu with new contracts to celebrate mediocrity.

I'm sure people are running to the club shop to buy the new lynx Africa Kit, the kronkes lapping up the cash.

But but we are competing.. 🤦🤦🤡🤡

Summer 2021 - Tavares

Technical director Edu said: "Nuno is a talented young player who was wanted by a number of clubs across Europe. He will provide strong back-up in the left-back position. We look forward to him growing and developing with us and becoming an important member of the first-team squad."

Summer 2022 - zinchenko

"Alex is a high quality player who will give us options and versatility. It's not only about the positions he can play but as well, the versatility he will give us in attack and defence.

"Alex is a person with great human qualities and character, and I'm delighted that everyone has made this huge effort to bring Alex to the club."

Meanwhile, Arsenal technical director Edu revealed Zinchenko was a "main focus" this summer for the Gunners.

January 2003 - Kiwor

Gunners sporting director Edu said: "We're delighted to have completed the signing of Jakub Kiwior. He's a young talent who we've been monitoring for a while now. We are now all looking forward to working with Jakub and seeing his continued development with us. We welcome Jakub to Arsenal."

Manager Mikel Arteta added: "It's great that Jakub is joining us. He's a young versatile defender who has shown huge potential and qualities with Spezia in Serie A, and also at international level with Poland.

Well done Edu and Arteta amazing recruitment

So the novelty of Tavares lasted 6 months, Zinchenko took 9 months before he was seen as a liability, kiwor took about 12 months to see he wasn't good enough. Now the clubs signing an injury prone player "with exciting potential"

Good to see these 2 clowns in charge are doing such a great job.

Phase 5 guys.... be excited...

We seen Southgate play multiple right backs for England in same team.

Looks like Arteta is stock Pilling left backs. I'm sure the novelty on the latest one will wear off within 12 months.

"Same energy" to call out same repeated rubbish this club does when it comes to building a squad, then people wonder why it keeps falling short.

Don't be shocked if the remaining holes in squad.

I can see Zinchenko being moved into midfield so that Arsenal can "save money"

Probably 1 other signing which will be "he's versatile and play everywhere signing" to cover midfield and outwide.

I'm sure the kronkes are happy filling their pockets which all new merchandised sold...

Edu and Arteta will get new contracts for continual failure...

Any thing this is any different to when wenger was here and club was making top 4 CL cash for the owners every season is deluding themselves

Those wanting to gain a sense of reality. Feel free to read the link attached

Arsenal made a loss again as a company. Which means transfer funds are limited.

Outgoing player sales is poor.

Wage bill is 225 million (17 players on 100K plus).

Making CL now is a must to the owners no different to what it was under wenger.

Good player but Arsenal fans should be scared by his injury record

Already mentioned number of muscular injuries this guy has had in a slower paced and less physically demanding league.

Tomiyasu was previously signed from same club and had a history of injuries.

But hey Edu knows all this as his and Richard garlic sit their and read 180 page documents on every player they sign.

But hey Edu knows all this as his and Richard garlic sit their and read 180 page documents on every player they sign.
Ahhhh it all makes sense to now... No wonder it takes them so long to complete a deal.

I saw a pic of him with some heavy reading and assumed it was a BBQ cook book.

Ahhhh it all makes sense to now... No wonder it takes them so long to complete a deal.

I saw a pic of him with some heavy reading and assumed it was a BBQ cook book.
Yeah takes them forever to complete deals, yet takes 6-9 months for the novelty to wear off or the trust in these signings to go.

It's clearly obvious the club has limited funds to spend due to edu's incompetence on sales, kronkes not putting a single penny into Transfers in last 3 year PSR cycle.

How many left backs has Arteta signed now?

Same goes for goal keepers, again the club is looking at runnarson / Turner level back up keepers again in the market (looking at same trash keeper from wolves) The team will be playing more games next season, espcially in the cups and they are looking at players that aren't to even a competent level.

Reality "this project" or "process" is ultimately to not just win the league, its to win the CL and win trophies regularly.

You look at the wage bill it's high again, numerous players on high wages that the club can't get rid off like Zinchenko, Nelson, nketitah to name a few. Supposedly Arsenal were addressing this issues 3 or 4 years ago when it happened with mustafis, ozil, kolasinac and had to pay such players off..

The midfield is now oddegard, Rice, jorghino and Partey. The last two are in their final year of their contracts. Jorginho is ok filling in now and then, not playing every week. Everyone knows Partey can't stay fit. Vieira and havertz are not good enough to play midfield.

This should have been the priority this summer, instead clubs looking at left backs.

The club has done nothing to bridge the gap to Man City domestically this summer, nor will it have any teams in CL quaking in their boots.

No new striker, no new winger.

Saka, saliba, Rice at points in season need to be able to be rested with team quality not dropping. Their is no winter break for Arsenal to salvage mid-season like last season.

Arsenal's 1st 6 away games are Villa, spurs, City, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Chelsea.

City might lose KDB and ederson and that will bring City down a level. At Same time Arsenal need to show a ruthless streak and ambition.

Currently it's behaving like it did when wenger was making kronkes top 4 all time. Club needs game changers or players who will take team up a level.

Calafiori has the look of those legendary Italian defenders of the past (Maldini, Nesta). 22 years old, we can get a good decade out of him if used properly. Will add steel to the side!

Calafiori has the look of those legendary Italian defenders of the past (Maldini, Nesta). 22 years old, we can get a good decade out of him if used properly. Will add steel to the side!
Arsenal signed the Portuguese, Ukrainian, japanese and polish Maldini's in last few seasons, the new over hype isn't a surprise with latest signing.

Arsenal signed the Portuguese, Ukrainian, japanese and polish Maldini's in last few seasons, the new over hype isn't a surprise with latest signing.
You can’t sign a Maldini from those countries. Italians know how to produce defenders. He is the future.

Give me a clean shaven, long haired Italian defender any day.

You can’t sign a Maldini from those countries. Italians know how to produce defenders. He is the future.
The guy has played pretty much his 1st full season in serie A, he made his international debut not to long ago.

This "next Maldini" nonsense is hilarious.

All of sudden most Arsenal fans have been watching every single bologna game last season and along with Edu have had an eye on this player since he 1st kicked a ball as a young kid.

We heard the same 💩 when the club signed Tavares, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu and kiwor.

Let's see how he handles the pace and physicality of the PL. Its very rare that many Italian defenders have come over to PL and done a good job.

Is the potential there yes, but this fan base never learns with the premature bhangra

The guy has played pretty much his 1st full season in serie A, he made his international debut not to long ago.

This "next Maldini" nonsense is hilarious.

All of sudden most Arsenal fans have been watching every single bologna game last season and along with Edu have had an eye on this player since he 1st kicked a ball as a young kid.

We heard the same 💩 when the club signed Tavares, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu and kiwor.

Let's see how he handles the pace and physicality of the PL. Its very rare that many Italian defenders have come over to PL and done a good job.

Is the potential there yes, but this fan base never learns with the premature bhangra
Well, he’s costing us £42M

He better be good

Well, he’s costing us £42M

He better be good
We heard the same hype with kiwor. The "best young defender" in serie A, inter and juve are after him. Lewandowski hyping him up as best young defender around. Arteta and edu over hyping sake thing. If he was thar good why are Arsenal looking to get rid.

Every league in Europe is different etc.. and you need different attributes to succeed. So the whole he's the next Maldini based on 1 full season is premature to say the least.

He's looked good in a awful mediocre Italian side in euros.

Potential - Yes
Price - 40 million Euros isn't to bad (bologna won't get any adds ons, as Arsenal ain't winning anything)
Injury record - not great

Arsenal need to address the midfield, wide attackers and striker positions and money is being dropped on another "left back" with potential

Let see what left back Arsenal sign in 12 months that's flavour of the month

Good player but Arsenal fans should be scared by his injury record

This kid has potential to do well in the PL , strong , quick & tall . He can also play left back or central . Only 22 , so will take some time to settle in.

One of those prospects defenders from abroad who can make it but also fall flat due to pace of pl compared to his league .

Arsenal need 2x 11 strong squad if they want to start winning silver . It’s time to compete for everything now . A bad start in the PL it could be over by Nov .

Talking of defenders, surprise surprise the last injury prone one the Arsenal signed from bologna is injured again.

100K a week to spend most of time in physio room.

So the club has Zinchenko (150K) a week that no one wants to buy.

Tomi (100K), Tierney (110K) both injured

Eddie, Nelson (100K) no one wants to pay their wages

Ramsdale (120K) as back up keeper

But the wage bill problem for 3 or 4 years ago has been fixed 🤦‍♂️

Arsenal fans judged price tag, not my football - Pepe​

Nicolas Pepe has come to terms with his Arsenal exit and the price tag that warped perceptions around his performances, but admits "it wasn't easy".

When people mention the Ivory Coast international, now 29, the then club-record £72m fee to sign the winger from Lille soon follows.

And it is a number, Pepe admits, he struggled to handle.

"It wasn't easy at all. And the fans weren't happy with how I was performing," he told BBC Sport.

"When I first joined, the fans weren't really judging my performances, they were judging the price tag. But I think I did some great things while at Arsenal. I don't regret my time there.

"But my transfer fee to the club was the highest one they'd signed, so they expected me to score in each match."

Arsenal signed Pepe in 2019 after a sensational season with Lille, during which he scored 23 goals and managed 12 assists, but he never approached the same strike rate in England.

He played his last game for Arsenal in 2022 and, after a season-long loan at Nice, is now without a club after leaving Turkish side Trabzonspor in the summer, having only joined them on a free transfer from Arsenal last September.

It had been Pepe's childhood dream to join Arsenal having been gifted a Thierry Henry shirt by his brother.

He still managed 24 goals and 15 assists in 91 matches during his first two seasons in English football, which he believes shows that he is only labelled a 'flop' because of the 2019 fee.

"If Arsenal bought me for £20m, maybe it'd be different," he said. "It's not the player's fault.

"They don't ask for £100m or £90m. But that's how it is in the football world and it's something that people can't understand.

"There are also players like [Mykhailo] Mudryk and Antony who don't perform at their best all the time, and yet they're not bad players."

Despite his disappointing time at Emirates Stadium, Pepe says he is grateful for how his 2023 exit was handled in north London and that he still "respects" manager Mikel Arteta.

"They helped me when leaving, which wasn't easy because I was injured, so my recovery wasn't easy... they helped me find a club quickly," he explained. "So, I definitely left the club on good terms.

"I have always had a great relationship with Arteta. It's just that he didn't have full confidence in me, which is a shame.

"He put together a winning team, and sadly, I wasn't in that player turnover. But he's someone I respect, and I know he respects me too. And I wish him all the best."

Pepe now feels the difficult time will make him mentally stronger.

"With the pressure I went through at Arsenal, I'm in a pretty good headspace now," he said.

"It's something I no longer pay attention to because when you get a lot of criticism, you develop thick skin. So, now I'm prepared for any eventuality. I feel like I'm in a great headspace."

But getting himself right physically, as he goes on to explain, is important after his spells at Nice and Trabzonspor were hit by injury.

"It's been two years since I've done pre-season. And I feel great when I start pre-season. I'm physically in good form, I need it to get back to being the fast player I used to be."

Pepe seemed in a hopeful mood after a meeting at his agency about his next move. He hopes that he will soon be able to deliver news about his next club and isn't ruling out a return to English football to take on the critics head on.

"I definitely learnt a lot," he said. "Yes, of course, I'm the same player. I'm just getting older, which is normal, but I'm still the same player.

"I can definitely replicate my past performances. I just need to play based on my physical condition, the confidence of the club and love from the fans. So, it involves all of that.

"When we see a player playing well and scoring loads of goals, it's because he has all those things around him: a supportive coach, club, and adoring fans. So, I think that's essential for a player to play well."

He added: "We listen to all offers, and then it's my representatives who'll let me know a club's real intentions, and if it's not a serious offer, I don't hear about it. Let's see what happens. But I'm not ruling out a return to England."

So according to Edu, he gets 180 page reports that he has to go through before Arsenal look to sign players. Arsenal extensively do research before signing players.

Yet Arsenal have just sent scouts this summer to look at Viktor Gyökeres.

So clearly so the so called extensive long research is nonsense.

Arsenal need to sell nketitah before signing a striker.

But Arsenal made CL and "will sign world class players"

The kronkes have changed and will make marquee signing

The kronkes have invested since they took full ownership

The exposure of club and certain delusional 🤡🤡 will continue

So according to Edu, he gets 180 page reports that he has to go through before Arsenal look to sign players. Arsenal extensively do research before signing players.

Yet Arsenal have just sent scouts this summer to look at Viktor Gyökeres.

So clearly so the so called extensive long research is nonsense.

Arsenal need to sell nketitah before signing a striker.

But Arsenal made CL and "will sign world class players"

The kronkes have changed and will make marquee signing

The kronkes have invested since they took full ownership

The exposure of club and certain delusional 🤡🤡 will continue
Mate a quick question..
Which team do you support because it's clearly not Arsenal?

Mate a quick question..
I support Arsenal, but I don't put up the PR nonsense and lack of ambition and accountability at the club.

Especially fans who come up with nonsense like the kronkes have invested and changed since they took full ownership.

The club is essentially looking to sell players before getting players in.

All the PR nonsense that making CL arsenal would sign world class players etc..

Keep your head buried in the sand. The kronkes haven't changed at all.

I exposed the frauds in fan base last season and will do again this season

Tend to agree.

Bro Amjid wants Arsenal to fail under Arteta, no doubt about it.
4.5 years and 1 trophy is failure, I don't go around celebrating "progress with no end results" like the losers in fan base

Arsenal have done nothing to close the gap on City. Nor gave they done anything to help compete on all fronts.

I support Arsenal, but I don't put up the PR nonsense and lack of ambition and accountability at the club.

Especially fans who come up with nonsense like the kronkes have invested and changed since they took full ownership.

all the PR nonsense?
They must be dam good then because every single pundit I listen to on radio or tv or read in the news papers are thoroughly impressed by Arteta.

Like I've said before, smile a little... life is too short

all the PR nonsense?
They must be dam good then because every single pundit I listen to on radio or tv or read in the news papers are thoroughly impressed by Arteta.

Like I've said before, smile a little... life is too short

Well done 4.5 years and 1 trophy. Amazing achievement 👏

overhyping failure, its fans that are happy with failure that will keep lining the kronkes pockets with money.

Let me know how much of the kronkes own money they have invested on players this summer? Or the last 3 years

Well done 4.5 years and 1 trophy. Amazing achievement 👏

overhyping failure, its fans that are happy with failure that will keep lining the kronkes pockets with money.

Let me know how much of the kronkes own money they have invested on players this summer? Or the last 3 years
One word. "perspective"

Apply it

Calafiori 'ready to pack bags' after first Arsenal talk

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says defender Riccardo Calafiori was "ready to pack his bags" and join the club as soon as the pair spoke.

The versatile Italy defender, 22, signed from Bologna for a fee of up to £42m including add-ons, and quickly joined his team-mates in Philadelphia before a pre-season match against Liverpool on Wednesday.

Asked what impressed him most about Calafiori, Arteta said it was the Italian's willingness to join Arsenal amid potential competition from other clubs.

"It was great when I spoke to him one or two times and that was when I didn’t know if we could do it or not," he said at Philadelphia’s Union’s Subaru Park.

"He was adamant - 'Let me know when you are ready, my bags are ready and I just want to come to Arsenal'. Those were his words.

"When you have that feeling with a willingness and determination to make us better. We should be really proud of that."

Arteta said Calafiori would not be rushed to play against Liverpool at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia but could be available to play "a few minutes".

This in the city made famous by fictional boxing champion Rocky ‘the Italian Stallion’ Balboa, with Calafiori saying he hopes to see the famous Rocky steps and statue, before going on to explain why he moved to Emirates Stadium.

"I spoke for almost two months with the coach and [sporting director] Edu," Calafiori said.

"It was really tough [that the negotiations took a while]. But I am here and need to keep improving day by day in training. I was really convinced to come here. For me, it is the best project that I could have to improve as a player.

"There were other clubs but I don't care any more. I am here and I want to win trophies. This is the best project because the team is young and can win trophies. My mentality is to win.

"I can play in different positions, I don't care where but I just want to play. I was here in January to watch Arsenal versus Crystal Palace. As soon as I am really fit, I hope to help the team."

Midfielder Emile Smith Rowe was not in training, as he travels to complete his £34m switch to Fulham.

Arteta refused to speak about a deal which is still being finalised but said Arsenal’s incoming business is close to being finished.

"We have already identified where we need to improve, in meetings in February and March," he said.

"If we can, we will try to strengthen the team. But so far I am really happy with what I have.

"We don’t expect to do anything like [a big Declan Rice deal] at the moment."

BBC

One word. "perspective"

Apply it
Perspective is its failure

The delusionist will keep rolling out the excuses with the fake toxic positivity

Another trophyless season on its way and a new set of excuses will be rolled out

But but we are waiting for Pep to leave

But but we will wait till we get a striker

My brother - I know you didn't aim this at me, but what makes someone who is not the same type of fan a fraud?

There is still time in the window to get some players in that will IMPROVE us. That is key.

We all know the positions we need. Up front being the main one and Saka cover. Merino looks to be on his way here to which should sort the midfield.

I don't think we are far off. Well last season we weren't. Small margins which need to be improved including from the coach in certain scenarios.

Kroenke's well... they are what they are. They never dip into their own pockets. Enjoy the summer bro, don't work yourself up about something you have no control over.

My brother - I know you didn't aim this at me, but what makes someone who is not the same type of fan a fraud?

There is still time in the window to get some players in that will IMPROVE us. That is key.

We all know the positions we need. Up front being the main one and Saka cover. Merino looks to be on his way here to which should sort the midfield.

I don't think we are far off. Well last season we weren't. Small margins which need to be improved including from the coach in certain scenarios.

Kroenke's well... they are what they are. They never dip into their own pockets. Enjoy the summer bro, don't work yourself up about something you have no control over.
Forget even buying new players...

By perspective, I was trying, once again, to expand the kids mind.

We lost out twice to one of the best teams going around, not just in the premier league. A team that is lead by one of the best ever managers to have ever managed.

Mate a quick question..

Arteta has challenged well for the premier league twice but needs to win trophies now, it’s 5 years +

Acc to uefa rankings West Ham are above Arsenal lol of course it doesn’t mean they are a better team but winning etc

Do you back Arsenal to win something this season?

I just realised this is the 23/24 thread. There is a new season thread to.

Forget even buying new players...

By perspective, I was trying, once again, to expand the kids mind.

We lost out twice to one of the best teams going around, not just in the premier league. A team that is lead by one of the best ever managers to have ever managed.
Aww here come the excuse

But but we were up against City and Pep

Thanks for reinforcing the loser mentality in fan base

Every season their is an excuse

Are all the cup failure and in Europe in last 4 seasons because of Pep as well?

Keep head buried. Most Arsenal and Liverpool fans are same these days, full of excuses and celebrating failure like its a medal of honour

The frauds are the ones who make fabricated statements and lies to support the kronkes or Arteta. The ones who keep making up excuses that Club can't compete with City because of money.

Already exposes one person for his nonsense about kronkes investing since they took full ownership.

Also this nonsense from both Arsenal and Liverpool fans that finishing 2nd is now better achievements then teams that have won PL in the past. Its embarrassing, I guarantee you two posters come end of these season will come up with same excuses.

Arsenal can't win a trophy before December, so reality is Arteta will be in charge 5 years and have a FA cup to show for it and the plastic toxic positive players can't even call it out.

How many windows now have we needed a midfielder, winger and striker and Arteta decides to keep buying left backs and keepers.

You want to expose Arteta and edu, go look at their comments when they signed tavares, Zinchenko, kiwor, tomiyassu etc. Supposedly the club did extensive research before making these signings. Yet each one near enough after a season has been found to be a liability.

It's like buying a house and every room needs doing up, your partner keeps asking for the kitchen to be refurbished every year and the rest of the house stays the same.

Facts are kronkes have Authorised 1 signing this summer. The rest has to come from player sales. If that's the case why is another left back being signed when same other holes remain. It's pathetic recruitment when cash is being limited.

Also looking at a b-tech xhaka based on euros sums this Club up. Arsenal should be getting Allison / van dyk level signings to go up a level in the league and CL. Supposedly get CL would allow that.

I'm enjoying the summer because this season will be a repeat of the last 4.

Arteta has challenged well for the premier league twice but needs to win trophies now, it’s 5 years +

Acc to uefa rankings West Ham are above Arsenal lol of course it doesn’t mean they are a better team but winning etc

Honestly, I think had it not been for City we would have two consecutive tiles under our belts now.
Goals were not the issue last year and nor was our defence (best defensive record in the league).

Yes we had our blips but most wining teams have them and still get over the line UNLESS they're up against City.
So whilst some fans will point to our losses over the Xmas period and the draw against Villa, not many teams that go on to win the title have a blip free season.

I do back us to win "something' this season because we have an excellent squad with decent back-ups to the starting 11.
Hopefully Timber will stay fit and Jesus will get back to the form he was in for us prior to the 2022 World Cup.

The frauds are the ones who make fabricated statements and lies to support the kronkes or Arteta. The ones who keep making up excuses that Club can't compete with City because of money.

Already exposes one person for his nonsense about kronkes investing since they took full ownership.

Also this nonsense from both Arsenal and Liverpool fans that finishing 2nd is now better achievements then teams that have won PL in the past. Its embarrassing, I guarantee you two posters come end of these season will come up with same excuses.

Arsenal can't win a trophy before December, so reality is Arteta will be in charge 5 years and have a FA cup to show for it and the plastic toxic positive players can't even call it out.

How many windows now have we needed a midfielder, winger and striker and Arteta decides to keep buying left backs and keepers.

You want to expose Arteta and edu, go look at their comments when they signed tavares, Zinchenko, kiwor, tomiyassu etc. Supposedly the club did extensive research before making these signings. Yet each one near enough after a season has been found to be a liability.

It's like buying a house and every room needs doing up, your partner keeps asking for the kitchen to be refurbished every year and the rest of the house stays the same.

Facts are kronkes have Authorised 1 signing this summer. The rest has to come from player sales. If that's the case why is another left back being signed when same other holes remain. It's pathetic recruitment when cash is being limited.

Also looking at a b-tech xhaka based on euros sums this Club up. Arsenal should be getting Allison / van dyk level signings to go up a level in the league and CL. Supposedly get CL would allow that.

I'm enjoying the summer because this season will be a repeat of the last 4.

You really do sound demented...
You're calling people (me in particular) a fraud... fabricating facts etc etc

I have said this before and I'll say it again... read your posts... this is not war, this not discussing Pakistan politics.. This does not involve the corruption or the suppression of people. WE'RE ALL HERE DISCUSSING ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB.

so let me give you a reality check like I did with nonsense about the kronkes investing in transfers.

Now your latest nonsense is Arsenal haven't win anything because of Pep.

Since Pep has been here.

Chelsea and Liverpool have won the PL

Arsenal (2), Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Man united have won the FA cup

Man utd (2) and Liverpool (2) have won league Cup

CL - real Madrid (4), bayern, Liverpool and Chelsea have win the CL

So how have all these teams won trophies when peps been here.

Like I said your making same excuses as Liverpool fans. Oh if Pep wasn't here klopp would have won 3 or 4 PL title.

You and the other mediocrity cheerleader need to stop with excuses.

Arsenal were in the europa league 3 seasons under Arteta and Pep wasn't in it, wheres the excuses there?

Zero finals in last 4 seasons but its all because of Pep.

Absolutely utter fabricated lies as usual.

As of right now (30th july) with midfield, striker and wingers not signed.

Arsenal are winning nothing, yet the delusionist think that this team has done enough to close gap on city and teams in Europe.

As of right now (30th july) with midfield, striker and wingers not signed.

Arsenal are winning nothing, yet the delusionist think that this team has done enough to close gap on city and teams in Europe.

I think it will be an interesting season with many teams beating each other .

Arsenal have signed a good prospect & with a full defensive pack has the best defence as it stands considering last years performance. Arteta will play the same as he did at the back end , no pressing & then counter . Keep it tight & score . The problem with this is you may struggle score esp if you concede first . Arsenal will want to win any cup too , so won’t be so lucky with injuries this time , so a couple of elite attackers are needed imo .

Ollie Wilkins is a proven pl striker & ideal for arsenals system , surprised at no attempt to lure him .

I think it will be an interesting season with many teams beating each other .

Arsenal have signed a good prospect & with a full defensive pack has the best defence as it stands considering last years performance. Arteta will play the same as he did at the back end , no pressing & then counter . Keep it tight & score . The problem with this is you may struggle score esp if you concede first . Arsenal will want to win any cup too , so won’t be so lucky with injuries this time , so a couple of elite attackers are needed imo .

Ollie Wilkins is a proven pl striker & ideal for arsenals system , surprised at no attempt to lure him .
The whole point of building a squad as a big club is to compete on all fronts, and also look to dominate over a sustained period of time. Even when a big club wins things you refresh your team to keep ahead of the pack. Arsenal signing another left sided after the failures of tavares, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu, kiwor isn't taking Arsenal up a level.

You no full well at one point in time Liverpool has decent team but had to sign game changers in fabhino, van dyk and Allison to not only go up a level in PL but also regularly do well in CL. Arsenal ain't doing that. Apart from the rice signing, Arsenal haven't signed anyone recently thats going to take them past man city nor any teams in the CL.

Arsenal depending on a injury liability in Jesus and a donkey in havertz ain't going to win you a PL title. Running saka, saliba and rice into ground with no quality replacements isn't going to either.

To win title you need players that are going to won you those games won by 1 goal when your not playing well. Arsenal don't have such clutch players.

All those nonsense about oh we can't sign this player he's got a bad attitude, we can't sign this player because he will want high wages. Most of the losers in Arsenal fan base will find any excuse to hide behind, to be honest most Liverpool fans are the same. That's why both sets of owners don't put any of their own money in as the fan base are happy with failure.

kronkes will happy with another 10 trophyless seasons in a row as long as the losers in fan base keep paying their seasons tickets and buying shirts and making CL. It's no different to back end of the wenger era. Only difference is losers like hiding behind its because of Pep excuse.

Complain about lack of signings then ridicule the ones we make. Injury prone and now b tech Xhaka

Sigh... I give up

Complain about lack of signings then ridicule the ones we make. Injury prone and now b tech Xhaka

Sigh... I give up

Let's move on...

How confident are you for this coming season? Personally, I think we have a brilliant young coach at the helm who has transformed the club...

Let's move on...

How confident are you for this coming season? Personally, I think we have a brilliant young coach at the helm who has transformed the club...
I think we are a good side but nothing to show for it.
I think this season may well be Mikels last if he falls short again. He has done brilliantly to get us to where we are but if we are empty handed again then maybe need somebody else to take the next step.

I like Mikel and I want him to do well and be manager for a long time but at the same time we need to be bagging trophies now.

We are not far off and last season after the turn of the year was the most I've enjoyed arsenal for a long time. Mikel deserves credit for that.

Sigh... I give up
Amazing transfer business, rumours have it Pep is going to quit before start of season as is Anchelloti as they reckon its a guarantee Arsenal are going to win the PL and CL. Arsenal have their elite game changers.

Arsenal's greatest ever show of intent in transfer window since they signed mustafi, xhaka and lucas pèrez.

Calafori will go down as a club legend like tavares, Zinchenko and kiwor. I heard he's already been given tomiyassu seat in the club's physio room.

Merino has asked for club legends fabio vieria's shirt as he wants to emulate his hero's achievements.

I think we are a good side but nothing to show for it.
I think this season may well be Mikels last if he falls short again. He has done brilliantly to get us to where we are but if we are empty handed again then maybe need somebody else to take the next step.

I like Mikel and I want him to do well and be manager for a long time but at the same time we need to be bagging trophies now.

We are not far off and last season after the turn of the year was the most I've enjoyed arsenal for a long time. Mikel deserves credit for that.

Arsenal under Arteta is like watching Derek chisora box.

Let's move on...

Transformed club into a bunch of losers celebrating 4 trophyless season in a row.

Amazing 👏

Transformed club into a bunch of losers celebrating 4 trophyless season in a row.

Amazing 👏

Yes thanks for your input.
I didn't actually read it but I'm sure it was full of positivity

Back