Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

True, but I must stress that Chelsea were able to raise £150m from Havertz, Mason Mount and Kovacic.

All of these players were sold at a premium when they were all out of favour at Chelsea.
That's because united and Arsenal were dumb enough to sign mount and havetz, also did it in quick fashion when Chelsea were in desperation to sell. Just shows how poorly Arsenal and united acted here.

In terms of sales, we have the same criticism at Newcastle but ultimately it's easy to say sell players but you need buyers for those players. And usually the reason you want them sold is because they aren't good enough, so they won't have teams queuing up, especially from teams that could afford their wages

Jesus 240K
Zinchenko 150k
Tierney 110K
Tomiyasu 100k
Nketiah 100 K
Nelson 100 K
Ramsdale 120 K

Who in their right mind Is going to pay the wages for these bums. On top of that calafiori has been given a 120K week contract, for am injury prone player from bologna with 1 good season under his belt.

This is the incompetence of Edu in full flow

Jesus 240K
Zinchenko 150k
Tierney 110K
Tomiyasu 100k
Nketiah 100 K
Nelson 100 K
Ramsdale 120 K

Who in their right mind Is going to pay the wages for these bums. On top of that calafiori has been given a 120K week contract, for am injury prone player from bologna with 1 good season under his belt.

This is the incompetence of Edu in full flow

It is just the one good season for Calafiori but if he had 2-3 good seasons you'd have to pay much more for him

If he transfers his Serie A form/ability to the the PL then the price/wage will look good value

Only time will tell if that is the case

It is just the one good season for Calafiori but if he had 2-3 good seasons you'd have to pay much more for him

If he transfers his Serie A form/ability to the the PL then the price/wage will look good value

Only time will tell if that is the case
The price tag was 45 M essentially because they had to give basel half the transfer fee.

Giving a player 120K is a shambles, it's no wonder Arsenal can't shift any players when they fail. He was on the equivalent of 11K (GBP) a week at Bologna.

No wonder the club's wage bill now is a joke again.

The price tag was 45 M essentially because they had to give basel half the transfer fee.

Giving a player 120K is a shambles, it's no wonder Arsenal can't shift any players when they fail. He was on the equivalent of 11K (GBP) a week at Bologna.

No wonder the club's wage bill now is a joke again.

Who in their right mind would pay 105 million for Declan rice, and whose on 250k a week. Remembering, he almost got west ham relegated with abject performances the season before

Who in their right mind would pay 105 million for Declan rice, and whose on 250k a week. Remembering, he almost got west ham relegated with abject performances the season before
Rice along with Gabriel and saliba, we're Arsenal's best 3 players this season.

Your hatred for Rice, makes zero sense

Arsenal have banned 24 supporters for abusive and discriminatory behaviour - including racism and assault - at Emirates Stadium and online last season

Fourteen fans have been handed three-year bans from home and away games by the Premier League club, while the other 10 are banned for one year.

Most of the incidents occurred at the north London club's Emirates Stadium, while three fans were found to have been abusive online.

Arsenal's managing director Richard Garlick says the club will continue to take a hard-line approach on abuse and discrimination.

Listed offences
Inside Emirates Stadium:

Assault - 10

Tragedy chanting - 5

Offensive gestures - 2

Racism - 2

Homophobia - 1

Sexual assault - 1

Online:

Racism - 1

Antisemitism - 1

Sending abusive messages - 1

"Abuse and discrimination will not be tolerated. We will continue to take strong action alongside our partners such as the Met Police against this abhorrent behaviour," said Garlick.

"We know it's a small minority, but that won't stop us from taking action against abusers who are identified as Arsenal season ticket holders or members, and escalating to the police where appropriate.

"Our aim is to create an environment at Arsenal where everybody feels welcome. We hope continued action serves as a deterrent for those using abusive, threatening, and discriminatory language."

The club added that "education" is key to tackling the issue.

Source: BBC

Rice along with Gabriel and saliba, we're Arsenal's best 3 players this season.

Your hatred for Rice, makes zero sense

I've No hatred for him, we've got Mainoo who has a much higher ceiling than this water carrier, be it at 6, or 8. Just cant fathom how the Gooners paid 105 million for such a limited player

Arsenal are in talks with Real Sociedad over the signing of midfielder Mikel Merino, with the player understood to be keen on the move.

I've No hatred for him, we've got Mainoo who has a much higher ceiling than this water carrier, be it at 6, or 8. Just cant fathom how the Gooners paid 105 million for such a limited player

Oh the irony... A Man United fan talking about over paying for players 😂😂😂😂

🤣 a club which wasted money on players like Anthony, maguire etc.. is question why Arsenal spent 100M on Rice.

Yeah mainoo has had a good start to his career, let's not get carried away. Plenty of young united stars currently have started well and then faded away.

Talking of limited footballers, united squad is full of them

🤣 a club which wasted money on players like Anthony, maguire etc.. is question why Arsenal spent 100M on Rice.

Yeah mainoo has had a good start to his career, let's not get carried away. Plenty of young united stars currently have started well and then faded away.

Talking of limited footballers, united squad is full of them
Pogba is another example...
They sold him and then bought him again for how much?

Rice played well last season, very solid. But was pathetic in the euros , hardly passed a ball forward but Southgate was a joke .

I’m more interested in this by Arteta . 🤔

Seems childish & annoying . Let’s see how the players respond

Last edited by a moderator:

Arsenal 'want more' this season - Arteta​

Mikel Arteta says Arsenal's players have told him they "want more" this season as they look to deny Manchester City a fifth consecutive Premier League title.

The Gunners have finished second to City in the past two league campaigns, and were just two points behind Pep Guardiola's side last season.

On the evening after the final match of last season against Everton, Arteta and Arsenal held a gathering in central London that was attended by owner and co-chairman Josh Kroenke, players with their families and club staff.

"All the players were saying to me, 'we’re going to be better, we’re going to do it, we want more,'" said Arteta.

"They are the ones driving that ambition, so that's always positive."

Arsenal face Wolves at Emirates Stadium in their first match of the season on Saturday, and Arteta says his side are relishing the start of their title bid.

"We are really excited," he said. "We've been missing the competition for many weeks, too long for us.

"We're so willing to start, really enthusiastic about it.

"We had a really challenging pre-season. The team has looked really sharp, really at it and desperate to play."

No teams in the Premier League have been able to improve their points tally in five consecutive seasons, but that may be what Arsenal need to achieve to become champions for the first time since 2004.

The season-by-season improvement so far means Arsenal have gone from totting up just 56 points in 2019-20 to posting 89 points last season.

Former England captain Alan Shearer gave his thoughts about Arsenal's title prospects in his BBC Sport column, where he said that "the one thing they are missing... is a goalscorer".

Shearer explained: "If Arsenal sign a top striker then I would back them to go on and win the league."

Arteta sees his team as a long way from the finished article, and efforts are ongoing to strengthen the squad as the manager backs the group to grow stronger.

"We're still very far from perfection," said Arteta.

"This team still has levels to reach and they give me the reasons to believe that because I see the way they train and the way they play every day.

"I believe there is still big room to improve."

Other than Rodri name me a better DM than Rice?

Please don’t resort to naming Valverde and others, who are completely different players.

Transfer window for Arsenal has been beyond pathetic. But this is what happens when you put vast majority of average players on high wages, then you can't shift them or get a good sale price. Then you have same areas of team being re-addressed and other areas neglected.

Arsenal haven't done enough to say to Man city, we are taking your title or we are here to dominate.

In saying that Arsenal should be aiming to win home games vs wolves and Brighton. Villa away will be tough. So 7 points from 1st three games will be a good return.

Other than Rodri name me a better DM than Rice?

Please don’t resort to naming Valverde and others, who are completely different players.

Every decent CDM is better than Rice. Never rated him. At West ham in his final season he was bordering on mediocrity. He reminds me of a poor man's didier deschamps.

Zinchenko starting ?

Wolves are set up defensively. Arsenal should break them down if they play well

3 points. Some good stuff. Some rusty stuff.

Havertz the stand out with Saka.

Partey is key a few iffy moments but showed his good side to.

Partey can't play twice a week. Assume Merino will share the load.

In that list, I would take anyone ahead of the water carrier.

Like I said English players are overhyped by the media. Other perfect examples are Grealish, Rashford, Foden

Oh I see, you don’t like English players. At least we know where your hate for Rice comes from.

Foden is not overhyped. He was awarded player of the season.

The two best players last season were Foden and Palmer. That’s coming from an Arsenal fan.

I was at the game today. Excellent 3 points. Arsenal’s football was a joy to watch. Should’ve buried the game within the hour.

Saka was head and shoulders above everyone else. Deserved Man of the Match for his goal and assist. @aboveandbeyond is he another overhyped English player?

I was shocked to see Mosquera not get a red for lashing out at Havertz. He literally pinned him by the throat.

Attachments

• 653B5AE6-8295-41DF-9673-7BB133D4BB4A.jpeg
    653B5AE6-8295-41DF-9673-7BB133D4BB4A.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 10
I was at the game today. Excellent 3 points. Arsenal’s football was a joy to watch. Should’ve buried the game within the hour.

Saka was head and shoulders above everyone else. Deserved Man of the Match for his goal and assist. @aboveandbeyond is he another overhyped English player?

I was shocked to see Mosquera not get a red for lashing out at Havertz. He literally pinned him by the throat.
Nice. Glad you enjoyed it you lucky git.

Ye and also the kopping a cheeky feel of Jesus BBL... Odd character

Saka definetly has consistently performed compared to the other English players

'Let's write some beautiful chapters' – Arsenal 'closing' in on Man City

After two seasons of being runners-up in the Premier League, Arsenal are hoping to go one better this time around.

And their quest to win their first top-flight title since the 2003-04 season began in encouraging fashion with a comfortable 2-0 win over Wolves on Saturday.

The Gunners have been tipped by 11 of the 30 BBC TV and radio pundits to become champions, while former England striker Alan Shearer also believes Mikel Arteta's side will triumph - even though he thinks they could do with another centre-forward to overcome a Manchester City side chasing a fifth consecutive Premier League crown.

Arsenal manager Arteta remains optimistic as he said: "This is a new story, this season.

"A beautiful one hopefully that we have to write from the beginning. This is the first chapter of that. Let's write some beautiful ones."

'Unbelievable' Saka and Havertz steal show

It took Kai Havertz until the 25th November last year to score a goal in open play for Arsenal - his first season at the club.

This term, it took him just 25 minutes to get up and running.

And with there being no arrival of a new centre-forward in the current transfer window, Havertz's relationship with Bukayo Saka - Arsenal's top scorer in the previous campaign - could provide plenty of encouragement if it continues to flourish.

The England winger, who was the Gunners' main inspiration against Wolves, laid on the opener with a superb ball in from the right.

Germany international Havertz then repaid the favour after the break with a quick pass, albeit Saka still had plenty to do when he cut inside visiting left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri.

"Bukayo had an unbelievable action to make the score 2-0," said Arteta.

"With good players it's like that. With [Lionel] Messi, I know he's going to come in and do that, but you can't stop him."

Asked about his 22-year-old team-mate, Havertz added: "Saka is unbelievable. There are not a lot of players like him on the planet and he is still so young.

"He can get better. It is very rare to see a young player like this perform every week at the highest level."

'They picked up where they left off last season'

Arsenal missed out on the title by two points in May despite winning 16 of their final 18 games.

However, while players are still getting up to speed after returning to training at different times in pre-season they were still able to get the job done with the minimum of fuss against Wolves.

"Arsenal were comfortable," said former England goalkeeper Paul Robinson on BBC Radio 5 Live.

"They dominated the game in the first half, broke the press really well and created chances from the back. They looked like they picked up where they left off at the end of last season."

Arteta's side did not just enjoy more possession and create more scoring opportunities, they also covered eight kilometres more than their opponents on Saturday.

"What I’ve seen is the willingness. Whether we're going do it or not, we'll have to show it every day in how we play and the results that we take away," the Spaniard added.

'We believe in ourselves and know our quality'

Winger Gabriel Martinelli also stressed Arsenal are determined to kick on after becoming the team closest to ending City's top-flight domination in recent years.

"This is the most difficult league in the world and we know how hard it is to play against City," said the Brazil forward, 23.

"We believe in ourselves and we know our quality and will go for it."

So can Arsenal do it? Plenty of pundits believe the north London side will be experienced enough now to prise the trophy away from City and hold off other challengers.

"Arsenal took the title race right until the last game of the season, so they weren't that far away," added Shearer, who helped Blackburn become the English champions in 1994-95.

"And they are not that far away. Four titles in a row for Man City is an amazing achievement. To go again, to have that motivation...they have a genius in charge in Pep, for him to have that motivation to go again. I think I fancy Arsenal for the title."

Dion Dublin, who was part of the Manchester United squad that claimed the inaugural Premier League crown in 1993, added: "I think Arsenal get even closer. I am thinking Arsenal [will challenge Man City].

"It is not if, it's when - and I think Arsenal are probably the closest."

BBC

Missed the game @Amjid Javed again? You need to stop missing games we win or people might think you only come out when we lose.

Not me of course.
I didn't miss the game, I watched it and in-between that I have been moving into my new apartment so not had to comment.

It was a good performance going forward with some good fluidity.

Raya made probably his best and most important save as an Arsenal keeper at 1-0, a game changing save.

Midfield and defensively there was a lot of sloppiness in giving the ball away and it was lucky that wolves had no cutting edge. If we give villa such chances next will get punished.

We should be swatting sides like wolves like we did yesterday. Should be same when we play Brighton at home this month as well.

I didn't miss the game, I watched it and in-between that I have been moving into my new apartment so not had to comment.

It was a good performance going forward with some good fluidity.

Raya made probably his best and most important save as an Arsenal keeper at 1-0, a game changing save.

Midfield and defensively there was a lot of sloppiness in giving the ball away and it was lucky that wolves had no cutting edge. If we give villa such chances next will get punished.

We should be swatting sides like wolves like we did yesterday. Should be same when we play Brighton at home this month as well.
Congrats on the new apartment bro.

Got you a house warming gift... Send me address I'll get it to you.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.4919817886_mtyx.jpg
    il_fullxfull.4919817886_mtyx.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 7
Nice. Glad you enjoyed it you lucky git.

Ye and also the kopping a cheeky feel of Jesus BBL... Odd character

Really odd behaviour indeed!

I literally got a ticket from the ticket exchange facility around midnight before the game.

If you’re keen on attending the games at the Emirates, what I would say is as long as you’ve got a membership and entered the ballot, you can get tickets the night before because what you’ll find is quite a few of those, who’ve already got tickets for the game, will end up giving away their seat because they’re no longer able to make it.

Really odd behaviour indeed!

I literally got a ticket from the ticket exchange facility around midnight before the game.

If you’re keen on attending the games at the Emirates, what I would say is as long as you’ve got a membership and entered the ballot, you can get tickets the night before because what you’ll find is quite a few of those, who’ve already got tickets for the game, will end up giving away their seat because they’re no longer able to make it.
Thanks, I will keep an eye out. Hoping to get to a few games this season. If work and family allows

Congrats on the new apartment bro.

Got you a house warming gift... Send me address I'll get it to you.
Thanks, il hang it on door outside to scare off any burglars 🤣

From Arsenal's 1st 6 home games this season they should be aiming for a minimum 16 points, only Liverpool looks tricky.

The 1st 6 away games is a different matter, barring Bournemouth the other 5 are very tricky.

So good away form will be critical at start of this season.

17: Wolves (h)

24: Aston Villa (a)

31: Brighton (h)

September

14: Tottenham (a)

21: Man City (a)

28: Leicester City (h)

October

5: Southampton (h)

19: Bournemouth (a)

26: Liverpool (h)

November
2: Newcastle Rugby club (a)

9: Chelsea (a)

23: Nottingham Forest (h)

haha I would not recommend that as judging by his defending - it'll be an open invite for any form of attack!
🤣 true good point. Let's hope he's not starting any more games this season.

Looks like nobody wants Toney even for a cut price deal.

Can't just be Arsenal who cant stand him then.

From Arsenal's 1st 6 home games this season they should be aiming for a minimum 16 points, only Liverpool looks tricky.

The 1st 6 away games is a different matter, barring Bournemouth the other 5 are very tricky.

So good away form will be critical at start of this season.

17: Wolves (h)

24: Aston Villa (a)

31: Brighton (h)

September

14: Tottenham (a)

21: Man City (a)

28: Leicester City (h)

October

5: Southampton (h)

19: Bournemouth (a)

26: Liverpool (h)

November
2: Newcastle Rugby club (a)

9: Chelsea (a)

23: Nottingham Forest (h)

Tricky start but a couple of draws away isn’t too bad, can’t afford to lose 2 out of the 3 from Villa, spurs & city. Winning all 3 will be a huge statement. Spurs & Villa likely wins if you play well .

Eddie on his way it seems.

Come on now buy that striker! otherwise you will be held accountable!

Unlucky Arteta , bad luck Arsenal yes they've improved but Man City look more sleek and complete than ever

Wolves have made an offer to sign Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale on a season-long loan deal

The bid, which was submitted on Monday, includes an option to make the move permanent in 2025.

Ramsdale, 26, lost his Arsenal place in 2023 following the arrival of David Raya on loan from Brentford. The Gunners have since signed the Spaniard on a permanent basis.

Despite making just 11 appearances last season, Ramsdale still made England's Euro 2024 squad.

But, after joining the Gunners from Sheffield United in a £24m move in 2021 and having two years to run on his deal, he wants to play first-team football.

Ramsdale was an unused substitute as Arsenal opened their Premier League campaign with a 2-0 win against Wolves on Saturday.

Portugal international Jose Sa has been first choice at Molineux since joining the club in 2021 from Olympiakos.

Source: BBC

@aboveandbeyond

Rice made it in the PFA team of the year.

I’m interested to know if he is still a water carrier?

Also, Foden was made PFA player of the year and Walker also made the team as well.

You can’t keep calling players overhyped just because they’re English.

Attachments

• 8df51911-9261-4ad5-83f9-08e19e377455.jpeg
    8df51911-9261-4ad5-83f9-08e19e377455.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2
Heard he's been on his way out for last 3 or 4 seasons.

No one is going to pay his six figure weekly salary.

I honestly did expect him to kick a few years ago but the decision to give him 100k a week is turning out to be another horrendous disaster class by the usual culprit, who’s giving out these contracts to dead players in our team.

@aboveandbeyond

Rice made it in the PFA team of the year.

I’m interested to know if he is still a water carrier?

Also, Foden was made PFA player of the year and Walker also made the team as well.

You can’t keep calling players overhyped just

my eyes are not kidding me. Rice, (Mr nice guy) abit of a media darling , yet when it comes to crunch games goes into ultra safe mode, and negative. Abit like a crab.

As for Foden, the Stockport iniesta (lol) first good sesson he's had under pep. Lol

my eyes are not kidding me. Rice, (Mr nice guy) abit of a media darling , yet when it comes to crunch games goes into ultra safe mode, and negative. Abit like a crab.

As for Foden, the Stockport iniesta (lol) first good sesson he's had under pep. Lol

No other DM comes close to Rice when it comes to interceptions and ball recoveries.

On top of that, he produced 15 G/As in the PL last season, which is remarkable for a DM.

I very much doubt you would be saying all this if he was a Man U player.

No other DM comes close to Rice when it comes to interceptions and ball recoveries.

On top of that, he produced 15 G/As in the PL last season, which is remarkable for a DM.

I very much doubt you would be saying all this if he was a Man U player.

Your wrong. The English players we have at Utd I want them out as their undermining UTD performances and are tied down on hugh wages and Rice would be no different.

Also another thing on Rice. Remember the Euros final in Summer, he got schooled by Rodris understudy in the second half, it was Mainoo who should abit of quality England had in the game.

Your wrong. The English players we have at Utd I want them out as their undermining UTD performances and are tied down on hugh wages and Rice would be no different.

Also another thing on Rice. Remember the Euros final in Summer, he got schooled by Rodris understudy in the second half, it was Mainoo who should abit of quality England had in the game.

Rice and Foden both underperformed in the Euros because of Southgate.

We know it’s Southgate because they were the best players for their respective clubs last season.

We know it’s Southgate because they were the best players for their respective clubs last season.

Lol. Same old excuse I've been hearing for last 20 years. Not the players, but the manager!

@aboveandbeyond

Bro let him hate. I would also be hurt if this happened to my team by a player. Nothing stings more than a late late winner.

Mind you he has a point. Maybe he does only perform against mediocre ex-great clubs. ;)

@aboveandbeyond

Bro let him hate. I would also be hurt if this happened to my team by a player. Nothing stings more than a late late winner.

Mind you he has a point. Maybe he does only perform against mediocre ex-great clubs. ;)
😴😴😴 and what Exactly did the Goooners win last season after signing water carrier for 105 million?

😴😴😴 and what Exactly did the Goooners win last season after signing water carrier for 105 million?
I like the emojis yo use. They relevant to the same stuff you rinse and repeat. Its been 3 months we are over that now but seems like you are not.

On the subject of United..... how does it feel to have the Dutch Harry Maguire to, along with Tom Huddlestone up front.

Big Signings!! lmao United are back!! Deluded FC who focus on Arsenal to make themselves feel better. Both clubs need to do better and win the league yet United fans like to say " we had a better season than Arsenal" as though we are the standard.

I think the team and squad you're building under your manager has gone to your head... but yes exciting time ahead for United if only they can somehow qualify to play in in the Eredivisie
I dont get what they are so gassed about. Its odd. None of their players gets in to Arsenal or Man City 11. Yet they talk as though they are some how back. All this new structure etc etc, yet they have still paid over the odds for a 18 year old and £120k a week and Bruno I believe has signed a new contract over £300k a week. Seems like same ol United to me.

I think the team and squad you're building under your manager has gone to your head... but yes exciting time ahead for United if only they can somehow qualify to play in in the Eredivisie

Perfectly happy pal. Two trophies in two seasons. There's no substitute for winning mentality. Unfortunately for the Gooners, you can't buy that.

I like the emojis yo use. They relevant to the same stuff you rinse and repeat. Its been 3 months we are over that now but seems like you are not.

On the subject of United..... how does it feel to have the Dutch Harry Maguire to, along with Tom Huddlestone up front.

Big Signings!! lmao United are back!! Deluded FC who focus on Arsenal to make themselves feel better. Both clubs need to do better and win the league yet United fans like to say " we had a better season than Arsenal" as though we are the standard.

I dont get what they are so gassed about. Its odd. None of their players gets in to Arsenal or Man City 11. Yet they talk as though they are some how back. All this new structure etc etc, yet they have still paid over the odds for a 18 year old and £120k a week and Bruno I believe has signed a new contract over £300k a week. Seems like same ol United to me.

Never have I said UTD are back. But I do see light at the end of the tunnel, and I can see us being very competitive in the league over the next few seasons. And if we manage to sign Ugarte from PSG in this window ( who I rate above Rice) then we could really spoil the party for a few teams thus season.🤫

Never have I said UTD are back. But I do see light at the end of the tunnel, and I can see us being very competitive in the league over the next few seasons. And if we manage to sign Ugarte from PSG in this window ( who I rate above Rice) then we could really spoil the party for a few teams thus season.🤫
Why do you rate him higher than Rice? because United are signing him,

What do you know about Ugarte? Where have you seen him to have this opinion? The 25 appearances he made last season for PSG in the amazing French League where he lost his place a few months in? or lemme guess you have followed him since his sporting days. Or was it the 5-6 games of Copa America.

Be careful with your answer,

I would love to know when you have seen him play. Youtube compilations don't count.

Why do you rate him higher than Rice? because United are signing him,

What do you know about Ugarte? Where have you seen him to have this opinion? The 25 appearances he made last season for PSG in the amazing French League where he lost his place a few months in? or lemme guess you have followed him since his sporting days. Or was it the 5-6 games of Copa America.

Be careful with your answer,

I would love to know when you have seen him play. Youtube compilations don't count.
I've seen enough of Ugarte to come to a conclusion that he is what we need. What stood out for me is, his reaction when in tight congested areas. He is very comfortable. This is where a mactominy and the likes of Rice lack, or in general English players lack. They struggle in congested areas. Maybe it could change. Mainoo and Wharton are more of continental type of footballers, rather than the " Bull in a China shop " footballer like Rice or mactominy

I've seen enough of Ugarte to come to a conclusion that he is what we need. What stood out for me is, his reaction when in tight congested areas. He is very comfortable. This is where a mactominy and the likes of Rice lack, or in general English players lack. They struggle in congested areas. Maybe it could change. Mainoo and Wharton are more of continental type of footballers, rather than the " Bull in a China shop " footballer like Rice or mactominy

You didn't say where you had seen? Seen him play for who? Also more importantly against who. Which big game where you say Rice lacks have you seen him play and dominate the game.

Will be interesting considering the leagues he has played in and even then he was a bench warmer.

Slightly different players but Rice is a level above Ugarte, absurd to suggest otherwise

It's strange you call Rice a crab yet Ugarte is a very limited player, good at breaking up play but he doesn't do much beyond that

If I had to pick one for my team I'd take Rice every single day of the week and it's not even close

Slightly different players but Rice is a level above Ugarte, absurd to suggest otherwise

It's strange you call Rice a crab yet Ugarte is a very limited player, good at breaking up play but he doesn't do much beyond that

If I had to pick one for my team I'd take Rice every single day of the week and it's not even close

I wouldn't. We've had all the so called top Englishplayers at Utd in the last 5 years. All major failures and on Hugh wages

I wouldn't. We've had all the so called top Englishplayers at Utd in the last 5 years. All major failures and on Hugh wages
I'm still waiting for who you've watched him against that has led you to believe what you do.

Which top teams has he performed against that makes you rate him so highly.

I'm still waiting for who you've watched him against that has led you to believe what you do.

Which top teams has he performed against that makes you rate him so highly.
I've seen him play in the champions league, French league. What's your point. A player you rate won't necessary mean I will, and vice versa. But I've seen enough of him to confidently say, he will fit in well at Utd. And thank God we didn't splash out on Rice 105million like we did with Maguire 85 million, sancho 75 million Mount 65. All abject failures

I've seen him play in the champions league , French league. What's your point. A player you rate won't necessary mean I will, and vice versa. But I've seen enough of him to confidently say, he will fit in well at Utd. And thank God we didn't splash out on Rice 105million like we did with Maguire 85 million, sancho 75 million Mount 65. All abject failures
Yes football is based on opinions and you are entitled to yours.

However at least have some kind of reference point as to how you came to this opinion. Otherwise it's either lack of football knowledge or blind hatred for a particular player.

Who did he play against in the champions league? That he gave this amazing performance against a top side.

Was it the 1-1 draw with Newcastle?
Or the 4-1 defeat to Newcastle
Maybe the defeat to Milan?

Those are all games he started.

He started in wins against dortmund and Milan in the group stages and then did not start any other game in UCL?..

So once again I ask against who did he perform against that makes you believe he is better than Rice. I'm genuinely interested. You say Rice can't play in big games... Tell me the ones Ugarte has played in then?

Or was it a stand out performance for Lisbon in their amazing champions league runs during the time he was there?

Or was it the French league from which he got dropped from the starting 11 before Xmas.

Point is English players come with hugh transfer fees, like Grealish, Rice, Maguire, Sancho, but very little substance
I can list non-English players that have went for big fees and then showed very little

Nunez
Pogba
Lukaku
Kepa
Enzo
Caicedo
Antony
Pepe

And so on

Yes football is based on opinions and you are entitled to yours.

However at least have some kind of reference point as to how you came to this opinion. Otherwise it's either lack of football knowledge or blind hatred for a particular player

Who did he play against in the champions league? That he gave this amazing performance against a top side.

Was it the 1-1 draw with Newcastle?
Or the 4-1 defeat to Newcastle
Maybe the defeat to Milan?

Those are all games he started.

He started in wins against dortmund and Milan in the group stages and then did not start any other game in UCL?..

So once again I ask against who did he perform against that makes you believe he is better than Rice. I'm genuinely interested. You say Rice can't play in big games... Tell me the ones Ugarte has played in then?

Or was it a stand out performance for Lisbon in their amazing champions league runs during the time he was there?

Or was it the French league from which he got dropped from the starting 11 before Xmas.

as far as I'm concerned hes the perfect fit for utd for the reasons I've given you. Doesn't panic underpressure and 50 million is about right.

As for Rice, was the 105 million transfer fee justifiable. As I remeber, he had a ordinary final sesson at West ham where it came to a point where even the hammers were booing him. Lol.
And let's not forget how abject he was at the Euros

Back