Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

So you agree, you having English players failing at your club is not because they are English but rather your club has been a mess since Fergie left
The Glazers have been the culprits for signing majority of these English flops who we now can't offload because of their obscene salaries

as far as I'm concerned hes the perfect fit for utd for the reasons I've given you. Doesn't panic underpressure and 50 million is about right.

As for Rice, was the 105 million transfer fee justifiable. As I remeber, he had a ordinary final sesson at West ham where it came to a point where even the hammers were booing him. Lol.
And let's not forget how abject he was at the Euros
So basically you've not really seen him but he's better than Rice and a perfect fit for United.

No problem bro. I'll leave it at that 😉

as far as I'm concerned hes the perfect fit for utd for the reasons I've given you. Doesn't panic underpressure and 50 million is about right.

As for Rice, was the 105 million transfer fee justifiable. As I remeber, he had a ordinary final sesson at West ham where it came to a point where even the hammers were booing him. Lol.
And let's not forget how abject he was at the Euros
Rice was captain and lifted a European trophy in his last season.

Ugarte is a bench warmer.

Anyway like I said. I've come to my conclusion anyway.

Are you mistic meg by any chance. I watch all the Top leagues
So who did you see him play against then. THE BIG TEAM
considering he was benched in the French league before Xmas . Couldn't have been doing great.

Anyway sorry I replied. I said to leave it at that.

Its been fun

Transfer links to lookman and sterling 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Club thinking such players are going to close gap on man city or Real (CL) and other big sides 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Rice was captain and lifted a European trophy in his last season.

Ugarte is a bench warmer.

Anyway like I said. I've come to my conclusion anyway.

So who did you see him play against then. THE BIG TEAM
considering he was benched in the French league before Xmas . Couldn't have been doing great.

Anyway sorry I replied. I said to leave it at that.

Its been fun

Yes let's leave it. It's a matter of opinions.

Transfer links to lookman and sterling 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Club thinking such players are going to close gap on man city or Real (CL) and other big sides 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
are they reputable sources though?

We are not going anywhere near sterling. Lookman? naaaaaah can't see it. Just usual names in a hat reports is my guess.

are they reputable sources though?

We are not going anywhere near sterling. Lookman? naaaaaah can't see it. Just usual names in a hat reports is my guess.
Arteta has a weird obsession for players he's worked with before or taking misfits from other clubs. So don't be shocked on sterling, we saw it with havertz signing

Arteta has a weird obsession for players he's worked with before or taking misfits from other clubs. So don't be shocked on sterling, we saw it with havertz signing
how about the Nico Williams links? I'd rather discuss those links than these

Gabby and Zinchenko. Who else is there I cant think of them on top of my head. Or is signing 2 players now an obsession?

Havertz was a mis fit I agree and tbh he's doing alrite so I aint complaining at this moment in time. Who else is a misfit?

I would say ETH signing anyone to do with the dutch league is an obsession. 2 former colleagues + 1 player who flopped at chelsea is hardly an obsession bro.

Just as i typed this out i remembered Willian. lol! boy we had some rough times.

Sterling to Arsenal would be a good move if it was for one season . Hes on a 3 year contract, huge wages too .

Would be a strange move but if he calls Arteta & sheds tears like zincs, it’s possible.

how about the Nico Williams links? I'd rather discuss those links than these
I don't think he will want to leave playing in Spain. Villa were interested in him last season but move was rejected. I think if he does leave he will probably go Barca.

Quality player and would be someone who massively improves the 1st team. Can play both wings as well.

Sterling to Arsenal would be a good move if it was for one season . Hes on a 3 year contract, huge wages too .

Would be a strange move but if he calls Arteta & sheds tears like zincs, it’s possible.
No it wudnt be a good move. He's on 300k a week and not worth that. Would be a 💩 signing

No it wudnt be a good move. He's on 300k a week and not worth that. Would be a 💩 signing
100%

He must be trolling :LOL:

Not sure if I am going to get to watch the match tomorrow. Have to do a fence for one of the properties. Not sure how it survived the wind last couple of days but I am not taking any more chances. HA

Will catch up on the thread tomorrow eve

@aboveandbeyond

Bro let him hate. I would also be hurt if this happened to my team by a player. Nothing stings more than a late late winner.

Mind you he has a point. Maybe he does only perform against mediocre ex-great clubs. ;)

I've seen a fair share of bad takes on here. But Rice being a "water carrier", "overhyped" and "I would take any midfielder over him' is a strong contender for the worst footballing take on here.

Having said that, I think he does know ball but his recent posts have exposed his anti-English agenda.

Also whoever removed the clip of Rice's winner against aboveandbeyond's team is clearly a Man Red fan.

I've seen a fair share of bad takes on here. But Rice being a "water carrier", "overhyped" and "I would take any midfielder over him' is a strong contender for the worst footballing take on here.

Having said that, I think he does know ball but his recent posts have exposed his anti-English agenda.

I have No anti English agenda lol. Two of my favourite players were Scholes, and Rio.

But I certainly don't hold Rice in high regards. Another one who I think is better is kovacic at City.

I have No anti English agenda lol. Two of my favourite players were Scholes, and Rio.

But I certainly don't hold Rice in high regards. Another one who I think is better is kovacic at City.

Rice is definitely over hyped by some . He’s decent but has limited ability. He works hard , good fitness levels , good tackling but lacks the genius touch players such as Viera, Scholes, lampard & gerrard had .

In England many are overhyped, like Grealish was also . Bellingham is another atm , he’s no Zidane . England proved it in the euros, too much unwarranted hype .

Arsenal should be seeing more youth players coming through but aren’t for some reason

Rice is definitely over hyped by some . He’s decent but has limited ability. He works hard , good fitness levels , good tackling but lacks the genius touch players such as Viera, Scholes, lampard & gerrard had .

In England many are overhyped, like Grealish was also . Bellingham is another atm , he’s no Zidane . England proved it in the euros, too much unwarranted hype .

Arsenal should be seeing more youth players coming through but aren’t for some reason

Yep spot on. Bro, Arteta doing a A1 job. Long may it continue.

Kovacic better than Rice?!

You’re definitely trolling.

Jesus injured again, no shock here. This injury liability needs to sold

Scrappy game so far, 1 good save from martinez from saka.

Watkins then misses huge chance, awful stiff from Gabriel in the build up to that

0-0 HT

Both teams pretty much cancelling each other out, low risk football.

Almost as though both teams would be happy with a point here

What a save that was by Raya, that could be huge. Just like last week

He's stepped it up a level so far in 2 games this season

Trossard on and scores with 1st touch.

Might be smash and grab, but who cares

1-0

The Raya wonder save, konsa miss and trossard goal. Arsenal punished villa. Roles reversed of last season.

Winning ugly and getting 3 points.

Raya - brilliant with match winning save.

Saliba, partey and saka were excellent ad well.

Not sure the reason for trossards non celebration

Good win against the team that did the double over us last season.
Arsenal under Arteta the definition of continuous improvement.

Big win for Arsenal that

Last season they were the better team but lost twice to Villa, yet today Villa had the better chances but ended up losing, football is a funny old game

Psychologically that's a huge win

Only psychological hurdle remaining is going to the Etihad and trying to win the game (though there will still be lots of football remaining so a draw won't necessarily be a bad result)

Definetly not trolling. There's a reason why he's playing in the best team in europe.

If you're not trolling, then you clearly have zero ball knowledge.

DR .jpg

Kov.jpg

Kovacic is ranked the 44th best central midfielder:

Rice is ranked the 2nd best defensive midfielder:

Rice is ranked one of the top 5 midfielders by multiple sources:

Screenshot 2024-08-24 213536.jpg

https://www.givemesport.com/ranking-best-midfielders-in-world-football/

Liverpool fans who want to slag off Rice should also not be taken seriously. Not only was Rice was exceptional against Liverpool at Anfield, one of their ex-players, who was also a midfielder, said this after the game:

If Declan Rice played for Liverpool they would be Premier League champions... Jurgen Klopp's side need a player like him. He was phenomenal - it was an all-round brilliant performance

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the Villa game today, I thought Arsenal were fortunate but I'll be delighted to take the 3 points. They were nowhere near their best. Watkins missed two sitters and should've seen Villa go 2-0 up, which would've killed the game off.

Watkins should've fired the header further to the right but take nothing away from Raya, that was a fine save.

Great finish by Trossard for the first goal but there was an element of good fortune in that as well, as the cross wasn't really directed at him. He's without doubt the best finisher in the team. If he was 2-3 inches taller i.e. same height as Watkins, I'm sure he would've been a prolific striker.

Martinez could've done better for the second goal but that was a decent strike by Partey. Shooting outside the box has always been one of his strengths.

For me man of the match was Saliba. Proving yet again why he's the best defender in the world.

If you're not trolling, then you clearly have zero ball knowledge.

View attachment 145852

View attachment 145853

Kovacic is ranked the 44th best central midfielder:

Rice is ranked the 2nd best defensive midfielder:

Rice is ranked one of the top 5 midfielders by multiple sources:

View attachment 145858

https://www.givemesport.com/ranking-best-midfielders-in-world-football/

The reliable source is English. The same sources dubbed Grealish as world class. LOL.

Let's have impartiality.

The reliable source is English. The same sources dubbed Grealish as world class. LOL.

Let's have impartiality.

No one regards Grealish as world class. How can you be when he's struggling to break into the first team of his club?

As for van der vaart, he's an ex-Spurs player.

Funny how you conveniently ignored the market values and the respective rankings for Rice and Kovacic. No one in the right mind would take the latter over the former except for you.

No one regards Grealish as world class. How can you be when he's struggling to break into the first team of his club?

As for van der vaart, he's an ex-Spurs player.

Funny how you conveniently ignored the market values and the respective rankings for Rice and Kovacic. No one in the right mind would take the latter over the former except for you.

surely Souness has no links to Spurs. LOL.

As for the Villa game today, I thought Arsenal were fortunate but I'll be delighted to take the 3 points. They were nowhere near their best. Watkins missed two sitters and should've seen Villa go 2-0 up, which would've killed the game off.

Watkins should've fired the header further to the right but take nothing away from Raya, that was a fine save.

Great finish by Trossard for the first goal but there was an element of good fortune in that as well, as the cross wasn't really directed at him. He's without doubt the best finisher in the team. If he was 2-3 inches taller i.e. same height as Watkins, I'm sure he would've been a prolific striker.

Martinez could've done better for the second goal but that was a decent strike by Partey. Shooting outside the box has always been one of his strengths.

For me man of the match was Saliba. Proving yet again why he's the best defender in the world.
Saliba better than Rudiger?

Surely your taking delusional to a new level.

Just watched the game

If Watkins had his scoring boots on would be different story.

I thought Villa played like a small team away from home but it almost came off for them if it wasn't for the magnificent Raya.

Saliba is brilliant man.

Leo is so clutch

Partey had a better performance than last week.

3 points away to villa is excellent.

I don't want to feed into the discussion with the guy obsessed with Rice but I thought Rice didn't have his best game. Went off work cramp last week maybe he is lacking match fitness.

Mattinelli needs a big game soon.

Loved seeing Zinchenko looking miserable on the bench to.

I don't think it was a none celebration from Leo I think it was more an "aura" celebration as the kids like to call it these days.

Just watched the game

If Watkins had his scoring boots on would be different story.

I thought Villa played like a small team away from home but it almost came off for them if it wasn't for the magnificent Raya.

Saliba is brilliant man.

Leo is so clutch

Partey had a better performance than last week.

3 points away to villa is excellent.

I don't want to feed into the discussion with the guy obsessed with Rice but I thought Rice didn't have his best game. Went off work cramp last week maybe he is lacking match fitness.

Mattinelli needs a big game soon.

Loved seeing Zinchenko looking miserable on the bench to.

I don't think it was a none celebration from Leo I think it was more an "aura" celebration as the kids like to call it these days.

Zinchenko.jpg

Your lack of ball knowledge showing here.

Lol.no way, Saliba better than Rudiger. One is a also ran, who was schooled by Bayern last year, and on the other hand Rudiger, a rock for the best club side in the world.

surely Souness has no links to Spurs. LOL.

Souness rates him as a DM which is why he said he's an outstanding ball winner. He just didn't rate him in other aspects of his game such as goals and playmaking.

You do realise Rice proved Souness wrong after achieving 15 G/As last season? That's outstanding for a defensive midfielder. 7 goals and 8 assists.

Why isn't Rooney one of your favourites? One of the best English players of all-time who played for Man Utd.

Souness rates him as a DM which is why he said he's an outstanding ball winner. He just didn't rate him in other aspects of his game such as goals and playmaking.

You do realise Rice proved Souness wrong after achieving 15 G/As last season? That's outstanding for a defensive midfielder. 7 goals and 8 assists.
Yet in the crunch games against villa, bayern, for England he was ordinary

Martinez. A world cup winner, FA cup winner, and carling cup winner in the space of 2 years in which the GOONERS have mustered up a community shield
Dani Cebballos 3 x championships league winner what's your point? Better than Scholes if that's the case.

Martinez. A world cup winner, FA cup winner, and carling cup winner in the space of 2 years in which the GOONERS have mustered up a community shield

He was on the bench for the semi final and final of that World Cup, behind Otamendi and Romero

As it happens I do think Martinez is a good defender, he's just not on Rudiger or Saliba's level

He was on the bench for the semi final and final of that World Cup, behind Otamendi and Romero

As it happens I do think Martinez is a good defender, he's just not on Rudiger or Saliba's level
Back to the point. Rudiger is on another level to Saliba.

What’s your prediction for the title ? 3rd lucky guess Arsenal I assume ?
Arsenal will win the league and even if they don’t, they will still (comfortably) finish above Liverpool for the third straight season.

Guys @Geordie Ahmed @topspin. Check post number 56 on the Manchester United thread.

@aboveandbeyond claims the young Italian striker intervened Garnachos shot yesterday for United....

I assume he's talking about Zirkzee who as we all know is Dutch.

I think we have confirmation of our suspicions about his actual knowledge of the game

Have a good day folks.

Guys @Geordie Ahmed @topspin. Check post number 56 on the Manchester United thread.

@aboveandbeyond claims the young Italian striker intervened Garnachos shot yesterday for United....

I assume he's talking about Zirkzee who as we all know is Dutch.

I think we have confirmation of our suspicions about his actual knowledge of the game

Have a good day folks.

One mistake and you've come to conclusions, Lol.

Arsenal will win the league and even if they don’t, they will still (comfortably) finish above Liverpool for the third straight season.

If you’re wrong a 3rd time , will be heartbreaking even more than Henry missing a sitter in the CL final .

You may finish 2nd but Liverpool are more likely to update their trophy cabinet.

If you’re wrong a 3rd time , will be heartbreaking even more than Henry missing a sitter in the CL final .

You may finish 2nd but Liverpool are more likely to update their trophy cabinet.
History pool by name history pool by nature.

Big club who nobody wants to join

Apart from winning everything in recent years but you once argued you won the charity shield, my bad .
See I accept arteta must win the league title this year or he can get on his bike.

I accept our European record is pathetic.

I am not sensitive about it. But LiverNOpull really touches a nerve 😂

Back