Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

Yet another chelsea reject, whose next reese James? Chilwell?

Edu and Arteta the bunch of 🤡 deserve the sack

Embarrassing transfer window

Trust the process 🐒🐵 enjoy another trophyless season under these bunch of frauds..

Arteta new deal for rewarding failure will be announced in a few weeks

Yet another chelsea reject, whose next reese James? Chilwell?

Edu and Arteta the bunch of 🤡 deserve the sack

Embarrassing transfer window

Trust the process 🐒🐵 enjoy another trophyless season under these bunch of frauds..

Arteta new deal for rewarding failure will be announced in a few weeks

Some loyal Arteta fans are saying Sterling will be good with reasons such as cover for Saka, new system under Arteta , playing in a better team ,etc ? Some even saying he will regain his England spot ?

@Mamoon congrats you have Rahim The Dream Sterling ! How do you feel right now ?

Some loyal Arteta fans are saying Sterling will be good with reasons such as cover for Saka, new system under Arteta , playing in a better team ,etc ? Some even saying he will regain his England spot ?

@Mamoon congrats you have Rahim The Dream Sterling ! How do you feel right now ?
In all honesty, he's a good impact sub. Kyle walker recently praised him highly. Said, Raheem is one his toughest opponents he's faced.

Not the ideal signing let's be honest.

He is not a bad player however I keep banging on about closing the gap between us and city and the small margins... Raheem ain't it.

Like i said he's not a bad player but at least it's only a loan

So here we go. Window is shut. Arteta has to win a major this season. Or call out the Kroenkes/Edu

If Arteta does not win one of the big ones this season then I think it's time to pack your bags. Had plenty of opportunity.

No Carabao cup or FA Cup should save him.

Not based on logic at all but I just get the feeling Sterling will do well

Think Chelsea was the wrong move, the club/manager all over the place

It's quite clear Arsenal are lacking options on the wing, either to start LW or provide an alternative for Saka

If Arteta can get him motivated it could turn out to be a shrewd deal. Loan with no obligation means there is no huge risk to it

Agree. He must be spursy in disguise. Havertz 65 million. Rice 105 million. Lol

We did overpay for Havertz but he was good second half of last season. Unfortunately there aren’t many elite number 9s out there.

Lol you’re obsessed with Rice. His market value has actually increased since we signed him. If I remember correctly he was valued at €120m by Transfermarkt.

Also as I said before, Rice delivered 15 G/As. That’s superb for a DM. I think you need to stop dissing him and look at the signings you’ve made. Mason Mount for 65m is one of the biggest scams I’ve ever seen in the footballing world.

It's quite clear Arsenal are lacking options on the wing, either to start LW or provide an alternative for Saka

If Arteta can get him motivated it could turn out to be a shrewd deal. Loan with no obligation means there is no huge risk to it

I think he did well at City because of Pep. Since he left City he hasn’t been the same player.

So here we go. Window is shut. Arteta has to win a major this season. Or call out the Kroenkes/Edu

If Arteta does not win one of the big ones this season then I think it's time to pack your bags. Had plenty of opportunity.

No Carabao cup or FA Cup should save him.
Arteta ain't calling out Edu or the kronkes. His new contract will be announced in the next few weeks.

The kronkes only care about CL money, so unless Arsenal suddenly start finishing 5th etc.. no one is getting sacked.

All this Arteta has ambition is a load of nonsense, he's happy picking up a paycheck for failure. No different to end of wenger era.

The fact vast majority of fan base are happy with failing and dressing it up as "progress"

As I've said season after season it's no accountability FC, and that is why this club will not win trophies regularly.

Man city have drop a slight level. Even then Arsenal have done nothing in regards to ambition to over take them.

No point even mentioning CL, Arsenal will get knocked out as per usual in knockout stages as soon as they play someone decent.

We did overpay for Havertz but he was good second half of last season. Unfortunately there aren’t many elite number 9s out there.

Lol you’re obsessed with Rice. His market value has actually increased since we signed him. If I remember correctly he was valued at €120m by Transfermarkt.

Also as I said before, Rice delivered 15 G/As. That’s superb for a DM. I think you need to stop dissing him and look at the signings you’ve made. Mason Mount for 65m is one of the biggest scams I’ve ever seen in the footballing world.

I wouldn't take the hell out of Mason mount, he will be the next ex Chelsea trash player that Arteta will sign and look to salvage his career. I wonder which next Chelsea trash player will be signed in January or in summer

Another player who runs around like a headless chicken and needs 100 chances to score.

Pep must have his feet up with cigar in hand, Arsenal have done nothing to close gap on city, nor close gap on major teams in CL.

Arsenal seal late loan move for Chelsea's Sterling

Chelsea forward Raheem Sterling has completed a late transfer deadline day loan move to Premier League rivals Arsenal.

The 29-year-old has agreed a season-long loan with Mikel Arteta's side.

The England international had been told he was not in the plans of new Chelsea boss Enzo Maresca.

BBC

I for one am extremely happy with Sterling joining us.
He's 29 so technically still near his peak... he should be determined to prove he still has it and brings experience.

A loan deal seems like a shrewd deal but time will tell

I don’t have a problem with this signing because it is a loan deal & Chelsea are covering more than half of his wages.

If it works out, Arsenal can explore the possibility of signing him on a short term deal next summer & if it doesn’t work out, he will be Chelsea’s problem.

He is well past his prime years but he still has some mileage left & I would still trust him more than Martinelli who is garbage.

He can provide cover on both wings & even play as CF if needed, so he adds good depth & experience.

The usual ignoramuses threw fits when Arsenal signed Jorginho as well never mind Havertz who has left them egg faced, so I won’t listen to them.

It is not a signing that makes you jump off your seat but it is a decent acquisition when you look at the structure of the deal & the overall makeup of the squad.

Low risk but potentially decent/high reward signing especially if he can play a part in Arsenal winning the league this season.

@Mamoon

Do you think it was correct for Liverpool to be in pot 1 of the champions league draw & Arsenal pot 2 ?
Yes of course. Liverpool are multiple time UCL champions, they have to be in pot 1.
And what is your infamous champions league prediction ? Will you be gunning for the first ever title or shooting blanks like last season?
UCL at the end of the day is a cup competition & the best team doesn’t always go all the way & there is always an element of luck.

You should always aim to get into the quarterfinals because the difference between elimination in quarterfinals vs getting into the final is often marginal.

The objective is to get into the quarterfinal & then see how far you can go.

However, none of that changes the fact that Arsenal will comfortably finish above Liverpool for the third straight season & have displaced Liverpool as City’s main rivals in spite of the fact the likes of Salah, VVD, Trent, Alisson etc. are still at the club which shows how brilliant Arteta is.

Yes of course. Liverpool are multiple time UCL champions, they have to be in pot 1.

UCL at the end of the day is a cup competition & the best team doesn’t always go all the way & there is always an element of luck.

You should always aim to get into the quarterfinals because the difference between elimination in quarterfinals vs getting into the final is often marginal.

The objective is to get into the quarterfinal & then see how far you can go.

However, none of that changes the fact that Arsenal will comfortably finish above Liverpool for the third straight season & have displaced Liverpool as City’s main rivals in spite of the fact the likes of Salah, VVD, Trent, Alisson etc. are still at the club which shows how brilliant Arteta is.

Well if you predicted Arsenal to win the league, you’ll finish above everyone inc city. Lol

5 years Arteta needs to win either PL or CL . UCL is the biggest prize in world club football, if arsenal ever win it , you’ll realise . If Arteta wins it he will be regarded as arsenals greatest manager alongside Wenger . Quarters is poor mentality, always aim to win this if you are a top side .

Sterling I agree is worth the risk on loan , as Arsenal have squad issues. But to improve in terms which may win you one of the big two trophies, an elite striker was needed .

Now the window is closed , imo arsenal don’t have the depth to win those , fa cup is possible.

Brighton are in good shape after a late winner v Utd . It’s an early start , Arsenal may lose points today .

My prediction 1-1

Well if you predicted Arsenal to win the league, you’ll finish above everyone inc city. Lol

5 years Arteta needs to win either PL or CL . UCL is the biggest prize in world club football, if arsenal ever win it , you’ll realise . If Arteta wins it he will be regarded as arsenals greatest manager alongside Wenger . Quarters is poor mentality, always aim to win this if you are a top side .

Sterling I agree is worth the risk on loan , as Arsenal have squad issues. But to improve in terms which may win you one of the big two trophies, an elite striker was needed .

Now the window is closed , imo arsenal don’t have the depth to win those , fa cup is possible.
Cup format can never take precedence over league because you have to be the best in the competition to win the league. That is not necessarily true for cups including UCL.

I would of course love to see Arsenal win the UCL but if I have to chose between the two, I will go for winning the league every time. It is a true reflection of the strength of a team.

Many teams have made a mockery of the UCL format by winning it. For example, Chelsea in 2012, who were crowned champions of Europe while finishing 7 in the PL.

Last year Arsenal lost 0-3 at home to Brighton. Arsenal are favourites to win but Brighton have started the season strongly. Will be a good watch for neutrals
Last meeting Arsenal beat them 3-0 and it was 5-0 on aggregate over both matches.
I think you’re referring to the 22/23 season.

I for one am extremely happy with Sterling joining us.
He's 29 so technically still near his peak... he should be determined to prove he still has it and brings experience.

A loan deal seems like a shrewd deal but time will tell

Near his peak? 🤣

The guy was got rid of City as Pep so no use for him, just like Jesus and Zinchenko. He was trash at Chelsea.

Scrapping the barrell signing.

Then again you are naive enough to think the "kronkes have heavily invested since full ownershp"

Kronkes are loving the Losers in fan base happy with no ambition

Funny how tans wanted Auba ahd ozil etc.. now celebrating signing Chelsea rejects

Kronkes are happy with top 4, just like Liverpool owners

The losers in fan base are ĥappy with progess

Biggest losers in fan base are happy with signing Chelsea rejects. Come end of season when it's trophyless season 5 they will be making more excuses.

Indeed!! Not bad from an ex-Chelsea player
A couple of chaps might be drowning their sorrows right about now.
Same , that was reason Arsensl lost to Liverpool in FA Cup

Same , that dissapeard In CL game vs Bayern

Same ,that dissapeard vs Villa last season

Highest paid player at club and had zero effect when it came to winning the title or any trophies

This fan base is full of fans celebrating zero achievements

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ refer to my post #505.

So predictable…
Yeah you celebrating mediocrity and club not winning a trophy for 4 season is predictable.

It is hilarious how Havertz continues to humiliate impatient, toxic and 0% ball knowledge Arsenal fans.

But but but he is the worst signing ever.

But but but he will be the end of Arteta.

:klopp

Indeed!! Not bad from an ex-Chelsea donkey.
A couple of chaps might be drowning their sorrows right about now.
What a player. One of the best CFs in the world at the moment and his best years are ahead of him.

I'm stunned at that second yellow.
The idiot pundits talking about the letter of the law.

What about the Brighton player kicking the ball away when it went out in the first half???? Why wasn't that a yellow?

🤣🤣 Germany were knocked out of euros because this donkey dissapeard when it mattered most.

But but he's the best CF in world football 🤣

Zero trophies last season but he's a difference maker 🤡🤡🤡

Stupid stuff from Rice. Time for merino to come on.

Oh wait he's injured 🤦‍♂️

Now brighton equalize 🤦‍♂️

It is hilarious how Havertz continues to humiliate impatient, toxic and 0% ball knowledge Arsenal fans.

But but but he is the worst signing ever.

But but but he will be the end of Arteta.

Good finish but a shocking error .

Brighton the better side , now we can see how strong Arsenal are made of .

I'm sorry but if you think that was a second yellow then what about the first half?

Awful defending from Gabriel, he's made mistakes in 1st two games this season as well but got away with them

I'm sorry but if you think that was a second yellow then what about the first half?
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes brighton player should have been sent off

Rice gave away to cheap yellow cards

Which now means he misses the spurs game

Was harsh but one Youre on a yellow , play within all rules . Trent did something similar .

Arsenal have the quality up top but Brighton controlled the pace & created chances too.

Huge win if Arsenal can do this now. May be what they need to win the title . But logic says seagulls are going to score again

Maybe you will get your match prediction right for the first time in a 1,000 attempts.

Not looking good. Rice sending off was bizzare. Especially since Pedro did the same in the 1st half and booted the ball.

But that's refs for ya.

Also the tackle on Odegaard in the 1st half was deemed not even a foul lol

Ah well it is what it is

Was harsh but one Youre on a yellow , play within all rules . Trent did something similar .

Arsenal have the quality up top but Brighton controlled the pace & created chances too.

Huge win if Arsenal can do this now. May be what they need to win the title . But logic says seagulls are going to score again

And that Brighton player blatantly kicking the ball away when it went out?
Why was that not yellow carded?

Same , that was reason Arsensl lost to Liverpool in FA Cup

Same , that dissapeard In CL game vs Bayern

Same ,that dissapeard vs Villa last season

Highest paid player at club and had zero effect when it came to winning the title or any trophies

This fan base is full of fans celebrating zero achievements
That could also apply to 105 million man Rice.

Not looking good. Rice sending off was bizzare. Especially since Pedro did the same in the 1st half and booted the ball.

But that's refs for ya.

Also the tackle on Odegaard in the 1st half was deemed not even a foul lol

Ah well it is what it is
It's also the biased commentary that's erking me...

They mocked Arteta in first half and defended the decision in the second half..

Pathetic

Does anyone remember the 1st game of the season? Man United Fulham. Perriera was booked for Fulham when he tried to take a quick free kick but was blocked I think. That's right the free kick taker was booked....

Biggest issue with refs is the inconsistency

Does anyone remember the 1st game of the season? Man United Fulham. Perriera was booked for Fulham when he tried to take a quick free kick but was blocked I think. That's right the free kick taker was booked....

Biggest issue with refs is the inconsistency
Kavanagh is notoriously a bad referee.

Rice was stupid on both occasions.

At same time brighton should have had a man off as well

Partey also on a yellow so got to be careful here

In the end a point playing a 2nd half with 10 men against a team who run teams raggid anyway.

Not ideal but not a disaster tbh

So I am no expert with the rules but hear me out...

When Rice tapped the ball... The ball was moving??

So you can call rice stupid all you want but you can't take a free kick with a moving ball.

So all the guys saying it's the rules and rice was stupid.... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So you can call rice stupid all you want but you can't take a free kick with a moving ball.

So all the guys saying it's the rules and rice was stupid.... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You make a very good point.

Also, zero common sense applies by ref and the inconsistency.

I hate to call it cheating but surely the ref can't be so incompetent???

Havertz best player on the pitch.

Referee clueless falling for the quick non-existent pass routine from the Brighton defender.

Overall a decent performance and point given the circumstances.

Ballers prediction bro.

Brighton needed to weather the early storm which they knew was coming & dealt with it well . A very physical team , annoyed & sometimes bullied Arsenal . Took advantage of the red card while the opposition was still in shock .

It’s always worth a hunch with Brighton , they have taken points from the top 6 teams regularly over years .

It’s going to be a gruelling season, Arsenal need to ensure their limited squad is up for it .

I always say that. It's easy to blame the refs and people call you a whinger.

But can you imagine any other job in the world where your decision has potentially millions of pounds on it...

Relegation.. CL qualification... Winning... Betting etc.

Yet you get away with mistakes week in week out.

No accountability.

Worst case you get a weekend off if you make a bad decision lol

Exactly.

This is the worst red card decision I've ever seen. Man of the Match, Chris Kavanagh should never be allowed to officiate an Arsenal game in the future.

This is why we need foreign refs. You'll never hear in this media but the fact is the PL has the worst refs in Europe.

I am doing well, thank you. I hope you are well too.

I am already collecting rotten eggs & tomatoes for the 0% ball knowledge fans who claimed the following:

“Arteta is a clueless fraud who will never win the league for Arsenal”

“Havertz will be the end of Arteta”

“Maddison is better than Odegaard who is mentally weak”

“Martinelli is a top LW and Arsenal should not look to upgrade on him”

“Opta said that Liverpool have 71% chance of winning the league”

@Amjid Javed @topspin @KingKhanWC

Unlike you, I actually spend my some of my spare time attending Arsenal games, whereas you are clearly more interested in scoring points because you have nothing better to do except to inbreed at home.

It's pertinent to mention out of all Arsenal fans on PP, you're the one who sticks out like a sore thumb because you're the only one of us who rates Zinchenko. If the Ukrainian came up with his own branded turd, I have no doubts that you would buy it and consume it.

As for your gems:
  • nIcOlAs PePe Is OnE oF tHe HoTtEsT aSsEtS iN eUrOpE
  • tItLe Is In ThE bAg
  • Zinchenko is Arsenal’s TAA
  • Cheerleading for substandard trash such as Zinchenko and Imam-ul Haq
  • You once claimed Arsenal attackers like Martinelli need 40 G/A but Havertz should be judged on how much space he creates
  • Arteta > Wenger and GG - when he hasn't yet won anything worthy of mention
  • Champions League doesn’t matter
  • Arteta has not only surpassed Wenger and GG, he's now on a par with Pep and Mourinho
  • Last but not least:I oWn ThIs SpAcE aNd ThErE iS nO oNe ThAt CaN mAtCh My InTeLlEcT

2 Points dropped and now Rice misses the NLD. Which means jorghino will have to play with Partey and oddegard.

Silly red card for Rice, also a poor goal given a way.

Two tough away games now after international break

Brighton needed to weather the early storm which they knew was coming & dealt with it well . A very physical team , annoyed & sometimes bullied Arsenal . Took advantage of the red card while the opposition was still in shock .

It’s always worth a hunch with Brighton , they have taken points from the top 6 teams regularly over years .

It’s going to be a gruelling season, Arsenal need to ensure their limited squad is up for it .

Thought UTDS display was better against Brighton, and away, compared to the toothless Gooners

2 Points dropped and now Rice misses the NLD. Which means jorghino will have to play with Partey and oddegard.

Probably a blessing in disguise bro

Yes silly from the referee

Back