Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

@Amjid Javed Since you have a financial background you'll know better than most, where are Arsenal roughly sitting when it comes to PSR? I remember reading some reports a while back that with the significant spending Arsenal have made under Arteta that they will be close to their PSR limit? Is that not the case?
In the last PSR cycle, most clubs were hindered by the fact it included the covid hit season. So clubs were allowed to write off more than normal. Clubs like Everton and forrest took that to extreme and were rightly deducted points. Look at how much money Forrest have spent in comparison to their revenue.

If you look at your club, the reason why your owners will always be hampered is the amount of club generated revenue.

Now that 30th June has passed the covid season should get taken out, so Arsenal should have no PSR issues.

Arsenal had quite a lot of flexibility in this window from July onwards, but chose not to go big as the owners are instant on the self sustaining model. No different to when Wenger was here. My point all along is the kronkes are happy with CL cash every season, no interest in pushing the boat out to win titles.

Arsenal could have splashed 70-80 on another player on this window, instead the club was more interested in making a profit in window and buying Chelsea cast offs.

Arsenal could have splashed 70-80 on another player on this window, instead the club was more interested in making a profit in window and buying Chelsea cast offs.
Learn something new every day.

Loan signings must also be considered “buying” the player 😂

Both by letting the manager spend Arsenal income & in addition by supporting him with money he has “lent” to strengthen the squad.
End of the day Kroenke is a business man who loves making money.

But but I didn't use the word "lent"

Read your own posts 🤡🤡

But but I didn't use the word "lent"

Read your own posts 🤡🤡

Plenty of other articles out there.

Also confirms the paying off the stadium debt and arranging a personal loan:

The Covid effect meant Arsenal needed to free up cash, so Kroenke paid off the banks who held the stadium debt of £160m-odd and arranged to lend the club the money himself, adding on an extra £30m for the early repayment fees he had to stump up on behalf of the club

Plenty of other articles out there.

Also confirms the paying off the stadium debt and arranging a personal loan:

Both Arsenal and spurs took out loans during covid, a lot of other PL kicked off about this as they were ineligible to take out same type of loan. So now not sure what irrelevant point your trying to make here

Vast majority of billionaires take out loans to pay for things or cover costs. Something I've already said a few times. Yet your wanting to make a song and dance because kronkes took out a loan? Which essentially will be money they will be making the club pay back anyways. Supposedly that's an amazing feat?

Man united are technically still in debt because the glaziers bought the club with a loan. Same goes for Liverpool and Chelsea. Yet your acting like the kronkes are some sort of Samaratians.

As far as stadium debt goes, that's always been there since the ground was built, so it's not as though that's not been manageable, so you trying to make out that debts now gone because of kronkes is hilarious. The club is still paying that off and only difference is they are paying favourable interest to the kronkes, rather then having to pay the lenders direct.

Plenty of business do that where they will borrow a loan, leverage it against their own assets and pay back at Lower rate of interest.

So all this kronkes have changed or are doing something to benefit Arsenal is hilarious. The kronkes had to take such action because otherwise they ain't making a profit for themselves. The whole neglect under back end wenger created a mess under the kronkes and all they have done is tried to fix their mess, otherwise using the club as a money making tool is useless.

Both Arsenal and spurs took out loans during covid, a lot of other PL kicked off about this as they were ineligible to take out same type of loan. So now not sure what irrelevant point your trying to make here

Vast majority of billionaires take out loans to pay for things or cover costs. Something I've already said a few times. Yet your wanting to make a song and dance because kronkes took out a loan? Which essentially will be money they will be making the club pay back anyways. Supposedly that's an amazing feat?

Man united are technically still in debt because the glaziers bought the club with a loan. Same goes for Liverpool and Chelsea. Yet your acting like the kronkes are some sort of Samaratians.

As far as stadium debt goes, that's always been there since the ground was built, so it's not as though that's not been manageable, so you trying to make out that debts now gone because of kronkes is hilarious. The club is still paying that off and only difference is they are paying favourable interest to the kronkes, rather then having to pay the lenders direct.

Plenty of business do that where they will borrow a loan, leverage it against their own assets and pay back at Lower rate of interest.

So all this kronkes have changed or are doing something to benefit Arsenal is hilarious. The kronkes had to take such action because otherwise they ain't making a profit for themselves. The whole neglect under back end wenger created a mess under the kronkes and all they have done is tried to fix their mess, otherwise using the club as a money making tool is useless.

Moved away from the “lent” argument it seems. 😂

2000 word thesis about nothing to the rescue.

Moved away from the “lent” argument it seems. 😂

2000 word thesis about nothing to the rescue.
There was nothing to move away from.

I showed you the post where you used the word "lent", so ur nonsense and lies were exposed.

All I did on top of that was expose your overhype of kronkes took out a personal loan nonsense.

There was nothing to move away from.

I showed you the post where you used the word "lent", so ur nonsense and lies were exposed.

All I did on top of that was expose your overhype of kronkes took out a personal loan nonsense.

Initially you stated you had exposed me on the “lent” comment.

You’ve been provided with the proof how about discussing that rather than diverting??

After all it was your consistent assertion that investment didn’t happen?

Feeling deflated are we?

Initially you stated you had exposed me on the “lent” comment.

You’ve been provided with the proof how about discussing that rather than diverting??

After all it was your consistent assertion that investment didn’t happen?

Feeling deflated are we?

The discussion was around the kronkes not investing on transfers. The club's accounts and PSR cycle shows they haven't invested their own money into transfers.

Your whole discussion point was that the kronkes took a loan to help during covid. So how exactly is that investing in transfers? It's not.

I have repeated quite a few times that the kronkes like other owners have taken loans in order for clubs to pay off debt on more favourable terms.

Feel free to show the proof whee "tye investment" was used on transfer, because it wasn't. The loan was used to help operation cost and losses during covid.

Same way in which spurs and Liverpool used furlough during covid.

So again your rambling on a point which is nonsense.

Any investments made by owners would show on accounts as "owner contributions"

1725220484712.png

Screenshot_20240901_205347_Chrome.jpg

The discussion was around the kronkes not investing on transfers. The club's accounts and PSR cycle shows they haven't invested their own money into transfers.

Your whole discussion point was that the kronkes took a loan to help during covid. So how exactly is that investing in transfers? It's not.

I have repeated quite a few times that the kronkes like other owners have taken loans in order for clubs to pay off debt on more favourable terms.

Feel free to show the proof whee "tye investment" was used on transfer, because it wasn't. The loan was used to help operation cost and losses during covid.

Same way in which spurs and Liverpool used furlough during covid.

So again your rambling on a point which is nonsense.

Any investments made by owners would show on accounts as "owner contributions"

View attachment 146035

View attachment 146034

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this as I have attached an article which mentions the opposite.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this as I have attached an article which mentions the opposite.
Have you even read the article?

Clearly you haven't. I already told you like alot of billionaires kronkes take out loans to pay for things as it can be done at a lower repayment interest rate.

Not anywhere in Article does it say that the loans were used for transfers.

On all football club accounts thru have to indicate whether monet spent by club is club generated or fron the owners.

Both company house and PSR have shown when it comes to spending Arsenal along with 8 other clubs have had zero contributions of funds from their owners used for transfers.

The fact you can't distinguish between a club taking a loan, to manage the clubs debt more effectively and money being provided for transfers says it all.

This is why people use the FFP and PSR excuses, atleast understand the basics

Kronkes, FSG have no interest in providing their clubs money for transfers.

The loans taken out, means they are making interest off the club, while in the back ground increasing the debt. All the "personal loan" does is give Arsenal more time to pay it back as repayment is to the kronkes, not to the investors directly who would be more strict and forceful.

Have you even read the article?

Clearly you haven't. I already told you like alot of billionaires kronkes take out loans to pay for things as it can be done at a lower repayment interest rate.

Not anywhere in Article does it say that the loans were used for transfers.

On all football club accounts thru have to indicate whether monet spent by club is club generated or fron the owners.

Both company house and PSR have shown when it comes to spending Arsenal along with 8 other clubs have had zero contributions of funds from their owners used for transfers.

The fact you can't distinguish between a club taking a loan, to manage the clubs debt more effectively and money being provided for transfers says it all.

This is why people use the FFP and PSR excuses, atleast understand the basics

Kronkes, FSG have no interest in providing their clubs money for transfers.

The loans taken out, means they are making interest off the club, while in the back ground increasing the debt. All the "personal loan" does is give Arsenal more time to pay it back as repayment is to the kronkes, not to the investors directly who would be more strict and forceful.

Thanks for the lesson in finance, after 34 years in the field it’s just what I needed.

Thanks for the lesson in finance, after 34 years in the field it’s just what I needed.
Maybe next time do your research, actually read articles you post.

Most of this fan is using FFP and PSR as an excuse. The facts are the kronkes haven't changed since they have been at this clubs.

They don't put their own money towards transfers
The club is paying of the stadium debt as has always been the case, all the kronkes have done is taken out loans so that it can then give Arsenal more time and better interest rates to pay off the debt

This is no different to how vast majority of big business and football clubs operate.

As long as Arsenal make CL the kronkes get their money

As Long as the vast majority of fan base are happy with just competing and not actually winning it means the kronkes can keep using their self sustaining model.

Ticket prices go up, merchandise go up so they make more money, what are fans getting from it? Nothing!

that's why we haven't won the league 20 years because theirs no appetite from Owners or the fans to actually push thar extra yard to be successful

Maybe next time do your research, actually read articles you post.

Most of this fan is using FFP and PSR as an excuse. The facts are the kronkes haven't changed since they have been at this clubs.

They don't put their own money towards transfers
The club is paying of the stadium debt as has always been the case, all the kronkes have done is taken out loans so that it can then give Arsenal more time and better interest rates to pay off the debt

This is no different to how vast majority of big business and football clubs operate.

As long as Arsenal make CL the kronkes get their money

As Long as the vast majority of fan base are happy with just competing and not actually winning it means the kronkes can keep using their self sustaining model.

Ticket prices go up, merchandise go up so they make more money, what are fans getting from it? Nothing!

that's why we haven't won the league 20 years because theirs no appetite from Owners or the fans to actually push thar extra yard to be successful

Maybe the case but out of interest are you aware that of the 6 sports franchises owned by KSE, 4 won National titles since 2021?

Maybe the case but out of interest are you aware that of the 6 sports franchises owned by KSE, 4 won National titles since 2021?

Yeah i am aware of his U.S based franchises, all of which he's invested his own money into to improve all of those teams.

In regards to Arsenal, we are nothing more then a money making "bond" for the kronkes.

If kronkes had invested in Arsenal like all his other franchises we would have been looking at a 20 year title drought.

Arsenal , Liverpool & Utd have tight American owners .

However Arsenal have given Arteta enough money , see his net spend. He’s used it poorly imo .

Arsenal , Liverpool & Utd have tight American owners .

However Arsenal have given Arteta enough money , see his net spend. He’s used it poorly imo .

He's built a title challenging Arsenal with some duds along the way.

Interestingly his net spend is below Man United and Basically same as Spurs but look at where those 2 are.

The ones that stick out for me are Fabio Viera and Zinchenko.

Lets be honest GJ was not a bad player before his injury he has just never got back to a decent level.

The Tavares,Lokonga's Mari to be honest were when we were in the dumps. Oh and GK's have been shocking.

A manager rarely has a perfect record when it comes to signings not even pep.

Even Klopp paid around £85 million for Ox and Naby Keita.

Interestingly his net spend is below Man United and Basically same as Spurs but look at where those 2 are.

Lets be honest GJ was not a bad player before his injury he has just never got back to a decent level.

The Tavares,Lokonga's Mari to be honest were when we were in the dumps. Oh and GK's have been shocking.

However bad UTD have been in the past decade, one factor you cannot take away from us is winning of silver in the last decade.

I'm certain, Gooners are lacking when it comes to winning silverware

Sure , my point was the owners of any club can be blamed to a certain extent . If a manager has spent plenty , it’s more his responsibility. Not all staff signings work out but if you spend so much , you have to win sliverware regularly, every other year etc

However bad UTD have been in the past decade, one factor you cannot take away from us is winning of silver in the last decade.

I'm certain, Gooners are lacking when it comes to winning silverware
See you are part of the reason why ETH is still in charge. Your standards are in the mud.

I would love a trophy but I would also be smart enough to realise the worst finish in god knows how long, terrible football, getting smashed every year by your rivals but what you want to dance about is a trophy rather than actually improving and addressing the issues.

I said it before and I will say it again Arsenal should not be your standard. You should not be happy that you at least won a trophy. The PL should be your primary target not a cup team. Yes winning cups is great but your bread and butter should be the PL and focus on improving that. Believe it or not you can do both you know. You are literally what ETH says in press conferences and looks a fool.

Man United should not be a Cup team. Especially with all the money they have spent

Sure , my point was the owners of any club can be blamed to a certain extent . If a manager has spent plenty , it’s more his responsibility. Not all staff signings work out but if you spend so much , you have to win sliverware regularly, every other year etc
If Arteta wins the Carabao cup and only that this season he deserves to go.

Same with just the FA Cup - if he wins that then maybe a good run in the UCL and close PL may save him.

So a Carabao cup justifies high spend? Don't be so shameless.

If Arteta wins the Carabao cup and only that this season he deserves to go.

Same with just the FA Cup - if he wins that then maybe a good run in the UCL and close PL may save him.

So a Carabao cup justifies high spend? Don't be so shameless.

Which Carabao cup win are you referring too ?

If Arteta wins a domestic trophy he won’t be going . If he finishes top 4 without a trophy , he will still remain imo.

If Arteta wins a domestic trophy he won’t be going . If he finishes top 4 without a trophy , he will still remain imo.

United's along with Klopps fairwell tour after he spent 135mill + on his midfield.

He will probably remain but wont be on Merit. That's where the owners come in and lack of ambition. If they wanted him to win PL they would have slapped money on the table and said here you go win the title or do 1. They didn't

Tells you everything you need to know about them.

I'm willing to give a very long rope to Arteta.
I have seen enough of his management and the way we play on the field to give him more time in the role, irrespective of trophies won this season. The yardstick for me is a prolonged challenge for the Premiership... Of course it will be different if we completely fall off the cliff.

Two things stand out, apart from the way we are playing; 1. Arteta clearly hates to lose and is passionate about Arsenal winning and 2. he is up against one of the best managers and arguably the best team in Europe. With this in mind, we have to have some perspective. Without City in the mix we could have won two titles in the last two season and going for a third title in a row.

United's along with Klopps fairwell tour after he spent 135mill + on his midfield.

He will probably remain but wont be on Merit. That's where the owners come in and lack of ambition. If they wanted him to win PL they would have slapped money on the table and said here you go win the title or do 1. They didn't

Tells you everything you need to know about them.

Klopp has a much lower net spend than Arteta . Besides he won it ALL .

champions league money every year is enough for most owners. But I agree

I'm willing to give a very long rope to Arteta.
I have seen enough of his management and the way we play on the field to give him more time in the role, irrespective of trophies won this season. The yardstick for me is a prolonged challenge for the Premiership... Of course it will be different if we completely fall off the cliff.

Two things stand out, apart from the way we are playing; 1. Arteta clearly hates to lose and is passionate about Arsenal winning and 2. he is up against one of the best managers and arguably the best team in Europe. With this in mind, we have to have some perspective. Without City in the mix we could have won two titles in the last two season and going for a third title in a row.

It is difficult to win the pl with city like this , so I agree it’s important to be realistic. Therefore it’s important to win some cups or reach cup finals esp in Europe. Imo Arteta & Arsenal haven’t bought in any elite player this gone window , one or two more & the chances of success improve a great deal .

Klopp has a much lower net spend than Arteta . Besides he won it ALL .

champions league money every year is enough for most owners. But I agree
He did win it all but do you think 135 mill spent is acceptable for a Carabao cup in his final season?

He did win it all but do you think 135 mill spent is acceptable for a Carabao cup in his final season?

I don’t think anyone associated with Liverpool thought we’d win the league last season. He was building a new team for future seasons . Liverpool spent hardly anything this season but are more likely to get close to winning the title and also in cl now .

Arteta has built his team so must deliver

I don’t think anyone associated with Liverpool thought we’d win the league last season. He was building a new team for future seasons . Liverpool spent hardly anything this season but are more likely to get close to winning the title and also in cl now .

Arteta MUST deliver no 2 ways about it.

My point was rather to do with what you said earlier that you must win silverware if you spend money so I am asking you whether the money you spent last season a whole £135million was acceptable and justified the amount spent?

Just like ETH spending over 600 million ( close if not more than Arteta in half the time) saying he has won 2 trophies. Is the FA Cup and Carabao cup acceptable for the money spent?

Before you say it yes its better than nothing but thats not the question I am asking so please be sensible and look past that.

1725462040122.png

You sure about that?

See you are part of the reason why ETH is still in charge. Your standards are in the mud.

I would love a trophy but I would also be smart enough to realise the worst finish in god knows how long, terrible football, getting smashed every year by your rivals but what you want to dance about is a trophy rather than actually improving and addressing the issues.

I said it before and I will say it again Arsenal should not be your standard. You should not be happy that you at least won a trophy. The PL should be your primary target not a cup team. Yes winning cups is great but your bread and butter should be the PL and focus on improving that. Believe it or not you can do both you know. You are literally what ETH says in press conferences and looks a fool.

Man United should not be a Cup team. Especially with all the money they have spent

So you think sacking Ten hag will rectify the Hugh glaring issues of the club which finally now under Sir jim have been bought to attention.

Glazers didn't care at all, the club was and still is rotten to the core, and if you think by simply sacking Ten hag would solve the issues then your a deluded spursy/Gooner.

So you think sacking Ten hag will rectify the Hugh glaring issues of the club which finally now under Sir jim have been bought to attention.

Glazers didn't care at all, the club was and still is rotten to the core, and if you think by simply sacking Ten hag would solve the issues then your a deluded spursy/Gooner.
Yes cos he's not a good coach.

His talent id is pathetic. I actually want him to stay

It’s called backing your team on a public forum mostly of other team supporters . Perhaps you don’t get out much & can show the other comments showing how a new middle & new team is being formed .

Arsenal have won sweet fa . The fans of this team really should sit down until you do . It’s only 3 games in but looks a decent but a long way off from a winning squad .

I’ll give you another prediction, more serious, bookmark it or save it if you have enough memory on your computer .

Arsenal are not winning any of the two major trophies this season . :wenger

I'm intrigued, what are these glaring issues?

Right now, the biggest issue to me as an outside observer, is a poorly coached side and a manager signing players he has familiarity with, both fall at the feet of Ten Hag

I'm intrigued, what are these glaring issues?

Right now, the biggest issue to me as an outside observer, is a poorly coached side and a manager signing players he has familiarity with, both fall at the feet of Ten Hag

I'm not saying Ten hag is totally out of blame, I'm just speaking of the bigger picture. Coming in to a toxic culture is challenging for even the best. For me Rangnick summed the Toxic culture and other issues perfectly.

Former Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick sent a warning to Erik ten Hag about the need to change the attitude in the Old Trafford dressing room when he first agreed to join the club.

Rangnick took temporary control of the team for the second half of the 2021/22 season and was involved in the decision to hire Ten Hag. The German had been expected to remain with United on a consultancy basis but ultimately ended his agreement with the club once Ten Hag arrived.

In April 2022, after Ten Hag had agreed to join United, the outspoken Rangnick sent a clear warning to both the new boss and everyone involved with the club about the need for serious change among the playing staff.

"He will hopefully have the chance to mould a new team together with the scouting department and together with the board, which is necessary," Rangnick said. "And for me, the most vital part is the club manages to get in the right and best possible players, change the attitude and also the energy - I think we need positive energy for the new team. And this is also important for the new manager.

"It's not just the manager's quality. It's about changing all the other things that have brought the club into position as we are in right now."

Rangnick went on to throw his support behind Ten Hag with a blunt warning that United would need "open heart surgery" to get back to their best.

"Erik is a good choice - a very good choice," Rangnick stressed. "He has shown that in the past. I'm pretty convinced that he's the best possible coach that you can get right now. As I said earlier on, one of the very few good things is that it's crystal clear - you don't even need glasses to analyse and to see where the problems are here.

"It's not enough to do little minor amendments and little issues here and there some minor cosmetic things. No, in medicine, you would see this as an operation at the open heart. So there are more things to be changed than some little things here and some minor things there. If this happens and if everybody has realised that this has to happen, and if people want to work together, then it makes sense.

"This is not something that only one single person as a manager can do. I mean, with all respect to [Jurgen] Klopp and Pep [Guardiola], I'm sure that they didn't do all the things themselves. There were also other people involved in those two clubs, top people in certain positions, no matter in which area it was, in order to rebuild. To build how we want here you have to have top people and they have to work together in a very close and in a very reliable way."

Ten Hag is facing accusations that a large number of players in the United dressing room have grown disenchanted with his methods, with the Dutchman becoming the latest in a long line of managers to find themselves in similar headlines since Sir Alex Ferguson's departure.

As a result, several media outlets were banned from United's press conference ahead of the Premier League clash with Chelsea, claiming the action taken was "not for publishing stories we don't like, but for doing so without contacting us first to give us the opportunity to comment, challenge or contextualise."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying Ten hag is totally out of blame, I'm just speaking of the bigger picture. Coming in to a toxic culture is challenging for even the best. For me Rangnick summed the Toxic culture and other issues perfectly.

Former Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick sent a warning to Erik ten Hag about the need to change the attitude in the Old Trafford dressing room when he first agreed to join the club.

Rangnick took temporary control of the team for the second half of the 2021/22 season and was involved in the decision to hire Ten Hag. The German had been expected to remain with United on a consultancy basis but ultimately ended his agreement with the club once Ten Hag arrived.

In April 2022, after Ten Hag had agreed to join United, the outspoken Rangnick sent a clear warning to both the new boss and everyone involved with the club about the need for serious change among the playing staff.

"He will hopefully have the chance to mould a new team together with the scouting department and together with the board, which is necessary," Rangnick said. "And for me, the most vital part is the club manages to get in the right and best possible players, change the attitude and also the energy - I think we need positive energy for the new team. And this is also important for the new manager.

"It's not just the manager's quality. It's about changing all the other things that have brought the club into position as we are in right now."

Rangnick went on to throw his support behind Ten Hag with a blunt warning that United would need "open heart surgery" to get back to their best.

"Erik is a good choice - a very good choice," Rangnick stressed. "He has shown that in the past. I'm pretty convinced that he's the best possible coach that you can get right now. As I said earlier on, one of the very few good things is that it's crystal clear - you don't even need glasses to analyse and to see where the problems are here.

"It's not enough to do little minor amendments and little issues here and there some minor cosmetic things. No, in medicine, you would see this as an operation at the open heart. So there are more things to be changed than some little things here and some minor things there. If this happens and if everybody has realised that this has to happen, and if people want to work together, then it makes sense.

"This is not something that only one single person as a manager can do. I mean, with all respect to [Jurgen] Klopp and Pep [Guardiola], I'm sure that they didn't do all the things themselves. There were also other people involved in those two clubs, top people in certain positions, no matter in which area it was, in order to rebuild. To build how we want here you have to have top people and they have to work together in a very close and in a very reliable way."

Ten Hag is facing accusations that a large number of players in the United dressing room have grown disenchanted with his methods, with the Dutchman becoming the latest in a long line of managers to find themselves in similar headlines since Sir Alex Ferguson's departure.

As a result, several media outlets were banned from United's press conference ahead of the Premier League clash with Chelsea, claiming the action taken was "not for publishing stories we don't like, but for doing so without contacting us first to give us the opportunity to comment, challenge or contextualise."

I think Rangnick was probably spot on but then it begs the question, why after £616m spent is the culture still toxic?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s called backing your team on a public forum mostly of other team supporters . Perhaps you don’t get out much & can show the other comments showing how a new middle & new team is being formed .

Arsenal have won sweet fa . The fans of this team really should sit down until you do . It’s only 3 games in but looks a decent but a long way off from a winning squad .

I’ll give you another prediction, more serious, bookmark it or save it if you have enough memory on your computer .

Arsenal are not winning any of the two major trophies this season . :wenger
lol!!! You love to have little dig at Arsenal and Arteta but lash out when someone does the same against pool or Klopp.

Sorry bro - I know better now for next time

I think Rangnick was probably spot on but then it begs the question, why after £616m spent is the culture still toxic?
No - Everthing is Ok cos they won a trophy and Arsenal didn't. Nor did 17 other PL clubs BUT Arsenal didn't and United did.
No Issues

Yes he was.

Regarding majority of the expensive flops who have come in under Ten hags tenure were brought in by Jonny Murtagh. The guy was a disaster .

No - Everthing is Ok cos they won a trophy and Arsenal didn't. Nor did 17 other PL clubs BUT Arsenal didn't and United did.
No Issues

Come on bro. Make sure the Biryani silverware (community shield) of last season is in good condition. It could come in use.

Yes he was.

Regarding majority of the expensive flops who have come in under Ten hags tenure were brought in by Jonny Murtagh. The guy was a disaster .

You want him to stay or go make your mind up bro

You want him to stay or go make your mind up bro

In a perfect world Gone.

But who is out there who could handle this Mammoth task of restoring UTDs former glory years. Not sure anyone wants the job, hence Ten hag was kept on, even though we were linked with Poch, Tuchel, Flick.

One thing for sure, amongst all the flopping of the Gooners on the pitch, the fan base has a good sense of humour.
lol! Just so you know, don't take me seriously I mean no offense. That's just me, I make light of most situations instead of getting angry

lol! Just so you know, don't take me seriously I mean no offense. That's just me, I make light of most situations instead of getting angry

Bro. It's only a game of football, even though were fans, we have to respect each other's views and carry a sense of humour.

Yes he was.

Whilst I will accept he isn't responsible for the prices, he still wanted those players

Antony for example even at £20m would be a flop, Mount the same, Onana the same, Casemiro the same etc etc

Man U have bought badly, not just in terms of prices but the actual players

But but coz of Pep 2nd place is a success. Absolutely embarrassing stuff from both Arsenal and Liverpool fans. Supposedly both are big clubs with fans happy being a bunch of losers.

Every era has a dominant team, doesn't mean you still can't win trophies

No wonder kronkes and FSG don't invest when the losers in each fan base don't make them accountable or challenge them for failure.

Whilst I will accept he isn't responsible for the prices, he still wanted those players

Antony for example even at £20m would be a flop, Mount the same, Onana the same, Casemiro the same etc etc

Man U have bought badly, not just in terms of prices but the actual players

Agree. Problem is, there's no one out there who could Get Utd out of this mire.

We made a mistake in sacking Jose when we did. He actually was getting a tune out of the mess.

We all know really reason ur not calling for ten hag's head yet

FB_IMG_1725536317338.jpg

But but coz of Pep 2nd place is a success. Absolutely embarrassing stuff from both Arsenal and Liverpool fans. Supposedly both are big clubs with fans happy being a bunch of losers.

Every era has a dominant team, doesn't mean you still can't win trophies

No wonder kronkes and FSG don't invest when the losers in each fan base don't make them accountable or challenge them for failure.

It’s not success but it’s reality to say beating city who accumulates 90+ points isn’t easy . Yet it’s possibly but you need to beat them too , which helps .

Liverpool always look for trophies & except them too . You can speak for Arsenal. But I agree not winning the big two is a failure for big clubs

for me, The next UTD manager has to be either Ancelotti or Naglesmann. Until then, Ten hag should carry on winning trophies which are not in Arsenals reach. Lol

Ancelotti isn't leaving Real Madrid to join Man U

When he leaves Real I can see him winding down and maybe taking an International job

Apparently Dan Ashworth is a big fan of Southgate, would be hilarious if they sack Ten Hag to give the job to Southgate
I think coz England were in the Euros and went so far meant united didn't have enough time to bring Southgate in before start of season. Otherwise I think united would have gone for him.

Riccardo Calafiori injury update after Arsenal star’s freak clash on international duty

Riccardo Calafiori suffered a worrying and painful-looking injury in Italy’s win over France on Friday night, although fears have quickly been played down by his manager.

On an eventful night in Paris the Italians fell behind within the first minute but left with a 3-1 win thanks to goals from Federico Dimarco, Davide Frattesi and Giacomo Raspadori.

There was great concern in the second half, though, after Calafiori went down injured in a bizarre set of circumstances.

Italy’s Alessandro Bastoni cleanly won the ball from Ousmane Dembele, but followed through and caught the French forward.

Dembele went tumbling over and his flailing leg caught Calafiori in the back of the calf, with the Italian defender nothing to do with the original tackle.

The Gunners summer-signing looked in great pain and his teammates were clearly very worried as they gathered round him while he was on the deck.

The defender was taken off, but Italy boss Luciano Spalletti has played down concerns that he was seriously hurt and said he could even be fit to face Israel on Monday.

‘We need to assess Riccardo but with our staff, we’ve a good chance to have him back with us for the next game,’ said Spalletti.

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta will be delighted with that update ahead of a busy schedule ahead for the rest of the month.

The Gunners do not play their first game of September until the 15th, but they still have five matches in the month across the Premier League, Champions League and Carabao Cup.

Arteta’s will hope Spalletti is correct and Calafiori is fit and available as quickly as the next game, with Arsenal next in action at Tottenham in the north London derby.

SOURCE: https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/06/ricc...tars-freak-clash-international-duty-21563837/

Martin Ødegaard got injured a few minutes ago in the match against Austria. He stepped over and was in severe pain. Arteta wont be happy.

So Odegaard, calafori and merino injured, Rice suspended.

Which means Zinchenko, havertz or trossard will be used in midfield 🤦‍♂️

I am yet to find anyone who has any interest in international football barring the Summer Tournaments and even then its only until the Knock out stages.

Wish all our players would do a Ben White

Partey has played 2 x 90 mins to. Saka and Rice no doubt will play mins for England

Saliba I think has played 2 games. Gabbi played at least 1.

All pointless and so early in the season after 2 International tournaments in the summer an international break and then another in October i believe

I am yet to find anyone who has any interest in international football barring the Summer Tournaments and even then its only until the Knock out stages.

Wish all our players would do a Ben White

Partey has played 2 x 90 mins to. Saka and Rice no doubt will play mins for England

Saliba I think has played 2 games. Gabbi played at least 1.

All pointless and so early in the season after 2 International tournaments in the summer an international break and then another in October i believe
We should have pulled players out. Mam city did as do other clubs.

Players like Rice, saka always get over used by England managers.

Also it comes down to how much Arteta uses players during season.

Look at how Pep has not rushed back any of his main players who went far in the Euros.

With squad still with holes in it and Arsenal depending on players now who can't stay fit partey, Jesus, Zinchenko etc.. to stay fit while others are out.

The squad "depth" once again will be exposed once cups start being dropped as usual.

International breaks are a waste of time i agree

Referee Chris Kavanagh was right to send Declan Rice off in Arsenal's draw with Brighton, the Key Match Incidents panel has ruled

The board - which reviews the big refereeing decisions in the Premier League each week - agreed the midfielder should have been dismissed.
Rice, who was already on a booking, nudged the ball away from Joel Veltman as he prepared to take a free-kick in the 49th minute of Arsenal's 1-1 draw with Brighton last weekend.

It was the first red card of the England star's career, with the panel agreeing his actions were "clear, deliberate and impactful" and a second yellow card was correct.

The panel, which unanimously backed the decision, wrote: "Rice knows what he's doing - it's a gentle touch, but once the referee sees it he has no choice."

Arsenal were 1-0 up at the time after Kai Havertz's goal, but Joao Pedro's leveller earned Brighton a point at the Emirates.
The KMI panel is independent and made up of three former players or coaches, one Premier League representative and one from the Professional Game Match Officials Board, the referees' body.

It also ruled the video assistant referee (VAR) was right to intervene in Trent Alexander-Arnold's goal in Liverpool's 3-0 win at Manchester United.

The goal was initially given but was then ruled out, with Mohamed Salah deemed to have been offside in the build-up.
It was the only on-pitch decision ruled to have been incorrect out of the 23 looked into for match week three.

The panel was unanimous in its support of every on-field call, except the decision not to give Crystal Palace's Will Hughes a second yellow card in their 1-1 draw at Chelsea.

The midfielder, already on a booking, avoided a caution from referee Jarred Gillett despite pulling back Cole Palmer outside the box just after half-time.

The first caution was unanimously supported as correct, with the majority (3-2) supporting Gillett's decision not to issue a second yellow.
However, two of the panellists argued: "Palmer is the wrong side of Hughes and has options left and right, therefore it is stopping a promising attack."

Source: BBC​

innit. But I guess players want to play for their countries and its tricky to begrudge them of that
Yeah I get that, I never watch games during international break its just a waste of time.

Let's hope oddegard isn't injured for to long.

Very difficult 3 away games this week coming up

FB_IMG_1725964015872.jpg

Not good . No Rice & no Odegaard will really help spurs. Maybe it’s not too serious .

It could be a win for Spurs in a north London derby after a while. After losing a couple, Spurs will come out attacking hard , which could see 4/5 goals in this match

Yeah I get that, I never watch games during international break its just a waste of time.

Let's hope oddegard isn't injured for to long.

Very difficult 3 away games this week coming up

View attachment 146131
You spent two years telling us that Odegaard is overrated and ghosts in big away games. So why will Arsenal miss him at Spurs? :klopp

Software updated?

Not good . No Rice & no Odegaard will really help spurs. Maybe it’s not too serious .

It could be a win for Spurs in a north London derby after a while. After losing a couple, Spurs will come out attacking hard , which could see 4/5 goals in this match
NLD is a high scoring game, but Arsenal have the best defense in the league and it won’t be easy for Spurs to get past them.

I think if Spurs score first, they should win. A point will be huge for Arsenal given the circumstances. A point at Spurs is never a bad result and never detrimental to your chances of winning the league.

0 points vs Villa and 1 point vs Fulham out of a possible 12 last season really hurt Arsenal big time. These are the type of results that needed to be avoid this time around.

Dropping points at home to Brighton was bad but too early in the season for it to be costly. All teams will drop points at home including City.

Spurs will be a tough game now without our 1st choice midfield.

But our defense is better, our attack is better and our midfield is weakened no doubt however are we really saying that Bissouma and Sarr are going to be levels ahead of whatever midfield combo we go with?

Arsenal to wear away kit in derby at Tottenham

Arsenal will wear their away kit in Sunday's north London derby for the first time in 38 years after their red-and-white home shirt was deemed to clash with Tottenham's colours.

The Gunners will don their black away strip at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium after referees' body Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) said their home shirt "features too much white".

Arsenal also said wearing their home shirt with red shorts and socks was discussed but not agreed on.

BBC

NLD is a high scoring game, but Arsenal have the best defense in the league and it won’t be easy for Spurs to get past them.

I think if Spurs score first, they should win. A point will be huge for Arsenal given the circumstances. A point at Spurs is never a bad result and never detrimental to your chances of winning the league.

0 points vs Villa and 1 point vs Fulham out of a possible 12 last season really hurt Arsenal big time. These are the type of results that needed to be avoid this time around.

Dropping points at home to Brighton was bad but too early in the season for it to be costly. All teams will drop points at home including City.

Derby’s are usual frantic , with more chances created , errors made , refs under pressure making mistakes too . This is what Spurs will want to create but they lack some confidence atm . The manager is key in this game , he must devise tactics to take advantage of a rarely used midfield for Arsenal , be physical & play right through them .

Arsenals defence has been solid but they will have more work to do in this game , unless Arteta like you is happy with a point & decides to park the bus.

If zinchenko or havertz play in the middle , it means you lack squad depth . Arsenal were fortunate with being one of the lowest injury teams in the league last season but it’s never like that twice in a row .

However in such circumstances two draws away isn’t a bad result with 5 games gone . The test for all contenders will come Oct & Nov . Any team ending 10 points behind city by Xmas won’t catch them .

I mentioned during the Summer TW the importance of finding another CAM who can compete or at least cover for Odegaard.

Arsenal going into the NLD without their first choice trio is extremely worrying.

I hope Jesus starts as CAM on Sunday if he’s available.

Next 3 fixtures in the space of a week:

Away to Spurs
Away to Atlanta
Away to Man City

Ouch!

I hope I’m wrong but this season has City winning the league again written all over it.

Haaland is back to his best and if KDB stays fit they’ll be unstoppable. The return of Gundogen will also help with squad rotation.

I never understood why some of our fans, particularly namoona, had their heads in the clouds after finishing second. City won the league in spite of:

• Losing Mahrez and Gundogen
  • KDB being injured for half the season
  • Haaland performing well below his best
  • Arsenal very rarely had issues with absentees in respect of their first XI. Saliba and Rice played all 38 games. Gabriel, Ben White, Saka and Odegaard missed less than 10 games combined

I mentioned during the Summer TW the importance of finding another CAM who can compete or at least cover for Odegaard.

Arsenal going into the NLD without their first choice trio is extremely worrying.

I hope Jesus starts as CAM on Sunday if he’s available.

Next 3 fixtures in the space of a week:

Away to Spurs
Away to Atlanta
Away to Man City

Ouch!
First choice trio in midfield*

Back