Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

Unlike you, I actually spend my some of my spare time attending Arsenal games, whereas you are clearly more interested in scoring points because you have nothing better to do except to inbreed at home.

It's pertinent to mention out of all Arsenal fans on PP, you're the one who sticks out like a sore thumb because you're the only one of us who rates Zinchenko. If the Ukrainian came up with his own branded turd, I have no doubts that you would buy it and consume it.

As for your gems:
  • nIcOlAs PePe Is OnE oF tHe HoTtEsT aSsEtS iN eUrOpE
  • tItLe Is In ThE bAg
  • Zinchenko is Arsenal’s TAA
  • Cheerleading for substandard trash such as Zinchenko and Imam-ul Haq
  • You once claimed Arsenal attackers like Martinelli need 40 G/A but Havertz should be judged on how much space he creates
  • Arteta > Wenger and GG - when he hasn't yet won anything worthy of mention
  • Champions League doesn’t matter
  • Arteta has not only surpassed Wenger and GG, he's now on a par with Pep and Mourinho
  • Last but not least:I oWn ThIs SpAcE aNd ThErE iS nO oNe ThAt CaN mAtCh My InTeLlEcT

I can keep this up all season. I drove you out of the 23/24 thread last season and I will do it again. As I've repeatedly told you, take the L with grace and learn to enjoy our football with peace.
Anyone would think Arsenal won back to back trebles the way 3 posters inpaticular are losing control of their bowels. Absolutely embarrassing fans are celebrating mediocrity as trophies are certainly not being won.

You defo out a certain cheerleader in his place.

Anyone would think Arsenal won back to back trebles the way 3 posters inpaticular are losing control of their bowels. Absolutely embarrassing fans are celebrating mediocrity as trophies are certainly not being won.

You defo out a certain cheerleader in his place.

Arteta has been superb
Havtiz is justifying his place

You're just a negative, glass half full person... there maybe two or three here who rate Arteta, but there are millions more outside of PP that think the same way and not 99pct BUT each and every single pundit, expert, ex player actually think he's doing a great job...

So what does that make you?

Using your own famous line... And what did you gain from that game 😂😂😂

🫡🫡

A indicator of a teams improvement alot of the time is based on performance. Compared to last season, we are definetlymore compact.

As for the Gooners, had Watkins had his shooting boots on last week, this Gooners thread would have been a comedy show after today

Missed the game but looking at the stats it seems like it was a case of Arsenal were the better side but the red card changed the game

Kicking the ball away is a yellow card but will need to see it to make a proper judgement because there's different ways to kick a ball away

But often when it comes to such decisions the biggest frustration is the inconsistency, even moreso when that happens in the same game

So I am no expert with the rules but hear me out...

When Rice tapped the ball... The ball was moving??

So you can call rice stupid all you want but you can't take a free kick with a moving ball.

So all the guys saying it's the rules and rice was stupid.... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
On this and I'll stop going on about it. I'm a fair guy and say it as it is.

So having watched the incident again. It's VERY IMPORTANT to note that the Brighton player is claiming declan rice is preventing him taking a quick free kick.

Now the player kicks the ball into Rice's path. Has he not then made the ball live at that point? So this is BEFORE rice nudges the ball. By kicking the ball into his path BEFORE Declan Rice kicks it the ball should therefore been deemed live. Watch it you'll see what I'm on about

You could argue he took the free kick.

Anyway it's happened now. The referee messed up and I'd say the same if it was a United or Pool player. Not City cos this would never happen to City

A indicator of a teams improvement alot of the time is based on performance. Compared to last season, we are definetlymore compact.

As for the Gooners, had Watkins had his shooting boots on last week, this Gooners thread would have been a comedy show after today
Yes true about Watkins the Young Jamaican lad

So having watched the incident again. It's VERY IMPORTANT to note that the Brighton player is claiming declan rice is preventing him taking a quick free kick.

Now the player kicks the ball into Rice's path. Has he not then made the ball live at that point? So this is BEFORE rice nudges the ball. By kicking the ball into his path BEFORE Declan Rice kicks it the ball should therefore been deemed live. Watch it you'll see what I'm on about

Anyway it's happened now. The referee messed up and I'd say the same if it was a United or Pool player. Not City cos this would never happen to City

Spot on analysis.

Worst red card you've ever seen? For me it certainly is and I've been watching football since 2000.

Missed the game but looking at the stats it seems like it was a case of Arsenal were the better side but the red card changed the game

Kicking the ball away is a yellow card but will need to see it to make a proper judgement because there's different ways to kick a ball away

But often when it comes to such decisions the biggest frustration is the inconsistency, even moreso when that happens in the same game
Have a look and I'll be very suprised if you agree with the decision

Honestly I just don't understand how that was a second yellow.
Firstly, the initial foul itself was debatable... then Rice had his back turned and was literally walking away.
The ball always moving and yes the Brighton player did kick it into Rice...

The law was to prevent delaying tactics or to stop a counter attack.... neither of these were applicable...

Inexplicable decision

Arteta has been superb
Havtiz is justifying his place

You're just a negative, glass half full person... there maybe two or three here who rate Arteta, but there are millions more outside of PP that think the same way and not 99pct BUT each and every single pundit, expert, ex player actually think he's doing a great job...

So what does that make you?
Such a great job 🤦‍♂️

4 seasons with out a trophy
4 seasons without a cup final

I suggest you go learn what the word "great" means

The kronkes are happy that fans are happy with failure, means that they won't get called out

Whilst other teams win trophies, what exactly are you celebrating?

Rice looks off the pace in any case. He won't play for arsenal for another 3 weeks I think?

Ideally you'd like him to sit out the pointless friendlies and get a proper break as looks knackered.

Such a great job 🤦‍♂️

The kronkes are happy that fans are happy with failure, means that they won't get called out

I suggest you frequent the threads of the team you actually support

Such a great job 🤦‍♂️

I don't think he's celebrating dude. He's just got an opinion that Arteta is doing a great job.

I also think Arteta has done a good job but needs to take us over the line.

Couldn't care less about a cup final tbh. I want the trophy I'm in the final for. Otherwise you'll accuse me of saying " at least we got to a final"

I don't think he's celebrating dude. He's just got an opinion that Arteta is doing a great job.

I also think Arteta has done a good job but needs to take us over the line.

Couldn't care less about a cup final tbh. I want the trophy I'm in the final for. Otherwise you'll accuse me of saying " at least we got to a final"
You need to get to a final in 1st place to even have a chance of winning a cup.

Since winning FA Cup we haven't got past the 4th round

League cup - 1 semi final in 4 season

Europa league / CL - 1 semi final

So what exactly is "great' about that

So essentially two second place finishes in league consistutes a "great" job

Then we hear this half glass full or empty nonsense.

Big clubs are essentially "big clubs" based on trophies they have won. So at same time your judged on what you win. Its thats simple, there isn't any in-between. Your either successful or your not.

The fact a fan is classifying "great" as zero achievements won its actually embarrassing. Goes back to point I made kronkes and FSG are happy having fans that don't challenge them and essentially are happy with "competing" rather then actually winning.

That mindset is exactly why Arsenal lose out when it comes to fine margins

On your point yeah he has to get team over line. Any manager at a top club has to.

I suggest you frequent the threads of the team you actually support

Also feel free to let everyone know how much the kronkes invested of their own money in this transfer window, see as though you and two others are the kronkes biggest cheerleaders

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike you, I actually spend my some of my spare time attending Arsenal games, whereas you are clearly more interested in scoring points because you have nothing better to do except to inbreed at home.

It's pertinent to mention out of all Arsenal fans on PP, you're the one who sticks out like a sore thumb because you're the only one of us who rates Zinchenko. If the Ukrainian came up with his own branded turd, I have no doubts that you would buy it and consume it.

As for your gems:
  • nIcOlAs PePe Is OnE oF tHe HoTtEsT aSsEtS iN eUrOpE
  • tItLe Is In ThE bAg
  • Zinchenko is Arsenal’s TAA
  • Cheerleading for substandard trash such as Zinchenko and Imam-ul Haq
  • You once claimed Arsenal attackers like Martinelli need 40 G/A but Havertz should be judged on how much space he creates
  • Arteta > Wenger and GG - when he hasn't yet won anything worthy of mention
  • Champions League doesn’t matter
  • Arteta has not only surpassed Wenger and GG, he's now on a par with Pep and Mourinho
  • Last but not least:I oWn ThIs SpAcE aNd ThErE iS nO oNe ThAt CaN mAtCh My InTeLlEcT

I can keep this up all season.

Every goal that Havertz scores is a dagger in your heart and a lesson for every clueless Arsenal fan including yourself to not write someone off before giving him a fair chance.

But but but he will be the end of Arteta.

Rice looks off the pace in any case. He won't play for arsenal for another 3 weeks I think?

Ideally you'd like him to sit out the pointless friendlies and get a proper break as looks knackered.

He'll only be suspended for 1 game, unless you mean 3 weeks cos of the International break?

Honestly I just don't understand how that was a second yellow.
Firstly, the initial foul itself was debatable... then Rice had his back turned and was literally walking away.
The ball always moving and yes the Brighton player did kick it into Rice...

The law was to prevent delaying tactics or to stop a counter attack.... neither of these were applicable...

Inexplicable decision

Second yellow was for ‘delaying the start of play’ . It doesn’t matter what the condition of the ball is . It does feel harsh but once the whistle blows for a foul against your team , you don’t touch the ball nowadays . It wasn’t that the worst red card as it was a second yellow , it won’t be overturned .

These things happen in football but if I was an arsenal supporter, I’d be more concerned with the fitness levels of the players. Teams will play very physical against them , it’s going to be a long hard grind for all the top teams .

Two big games coming up after the break . 2 more draws won’t be the worst results

Second yellow was for ‘delaying the start of play’ . It doesn’t matter what the condition of the ball is . It does feel harsh but once the whistle blows for a foul against your team , you don’t touch the ball nowadays . It wasn’t that the worst red card as it was a second yellow , it won’t be overturned .

These things happen in football but if I was an arsenal supporter, I’d be more concerned with the fitness levels of the players. Teams will play very physical against them , it’s going to be a long hard grind for all the top teams .

Two big games coming up after the break . 2 more draws won’t be the worst results

I hear you but I just don't buy the "delaying tactics" part, Rice was walking away from the ball when it hit him from behind....nudging the ball away a few inches was a natural reaction not a delaying tactic

Also the Brighton player wasn't carded for blatantly kicking the ball away in the first half so no consistency there either.

If you watch the replays Rice clearly looks in direction of the ball before flicking it away. Its a silly thing to do and no defending it. Whether the ball was moving or not is irrelevant, the fact Rice looks in that direction and then moves his foot to ball, has only himself to blame.

Why even give the referee a decision to make in 1st place.

As per usual the toxic positive fans are crying and making excuse.

Arsenal played well in parts, then didn't kill off the game. Artetas subs from a tactic point of view just gave the initative to Brighton. Trossard was poor and rightly taken off, why not bring jorghino on and try and gain control in midfield. Instead went ultra defensive and gave up possession.

With merino injured and Rice now suspended that already puts a strain on Arsenal's midfield options. Espcially with games vs spurs, Bolton, Atlanta and man city after the international break.

I hear you but I just don't buy the "delaying tactics" part, Rice was walking away from the ball when it hit him from behind....nudging the ball away a few inches was a natural reaction not a delaying tactic

Also the Brighton player wasn't carded for blatantly kicking the ball away in the first half so no consistency there either.

I don’t agree with the law being used so literally , there was no delay worthy of note , in the position & movement on the pitch . Ref applies id very literally, it’s Brighton’s ball , he moved it when their player was attempting to strike .

Arteta in his press conference pretty much said the same . If it was a bad error it will be overturned but imo Arsenal won’t even appeal .

If you watch the replays Rice clearly looks in direction of the ball before flicking it away. Its a silly thing to do and no defending it. Whether the ball was moving or not is irrelevant, the fact Rice looks in that direction and then moves his foot to ball, has only himself to blame.

Arsenal played well in parts, then didn't kill off the game. Artetas subs from a tactic point of view just gave the initative to Brighton. Trossard was poor and rightly taken off, why not bring jorghino on and try and gain control in midfield. Instead went ultra defensive and gave up possession.

With merino injured and Rice now suspended that already puts a strain on Arsenal's midfield options. Espcially with games vs spurs, Bolton, Atlanta and man city after the international break.

Yep it was a brain fog moment for Arteta . Jorginho could have come on instantly after the red .

Although you have to give credit to the players for creating two huge chances , both Saka & Havertz had only the keeper to beat

Yep it was a brain fog moment for Arteta . Jorginho could have come on instantly after the red .

Although you have to give credit to the players for creating two huge chances , both Saka & Havertz had only the keeper to beat
Both saka and havertz should have taken chances at end of game. That's where you got to win ugly when chips are down

Both saka and havertz should have taken chances at end of game. That's where you got to win ugly when chips are down

If you choose not to buy an elite goalscorer after 5 years, these type of easy chances can be fluffed as today

Have a look and I'll be very suprised if you agree with the decision

Just seen it and yeah I'm not a fan of that decision

I guess technically he's kicked the ball and I assume it's been given under the time wasting directive (I recall Gordon getting sent off like this against West Ham last season though he kicked it away a bit more than Rice) so it's the correct decision

However it's one of those where the referee should use common sense, the ball has been hit off him and it's hardly been sent out of Veltman's reach, don't think there would have been any complaints if the referee didn't give him a second yellow

I've not seen the Pedro incident but if he's done the same without being booked then it makes it even more infuriating, inconsistency from different refs in different games is one thing but from the same ref in the same game it's unacceptable

Toxic fan base you say?

Not suprised you are siding against Arsenal.

Resorting to type.

No mention of the earlier incident with Pedro booting the ball away. Which is key.

If Pedro had been booked you'd find less arsenal fans annoyed at the decision. I still would think it's a farce but the argument would have been if Pedro got booked so should Rice.

You know you don't always have to side with the opposition so you can get likes from the posters who give you the thumbs everytime you criticise the team. Read the room bro.

Just seen it and yeah I'm not a fan of that decision

I guess technically he's kicked the ball and I assume it's been given under the time wasting directive (I recall Gordon getting sent off like this against West Ham last season though he kicked it away a bit more than Rice) so it's the correct decision

However it's one of those where the referee should use common sense, the ball has been hit off him and it's hardly been sent out of Veltman's reach, don't think there would have been any complaints if the referee didn't give him a second yellow

I've not seen the Pedro incident but if he's done the same without being booked then it makes it even more infuriating, inconsistency from different refs in different games is one thing but from the same ref in the same game it's unacceptable
Trust me watch the Pedro one and you'll see why we're so annoyed. He literally booted the ball.

Agree in hindsight Jorg could have helped. Maybe Arteta thought the way Brighton move the ball around Jorg didn't have the legs to cover the grass especially a man down.

Ye manufactured a couple of chances. I think the keeper deserves some credit for Havertz one. Saka was stretching I think but as you say that's where the banger up front is worth gold dust. Would just bury it.

Toxic fan base you say?

Not suprised you are siding against Arsenal.

Resorting to type.

No mention of the earlier incident with Pedro booting the ball away. Which is key.

If Pedro had been booked you'd find less arsenal fans annoyed at the decision. I still would think it's a farce but the argument would have been if Pedro got booked so should Rice.

You know you don't always have to side with the opposition so you can get likes from the posters who give you the thumbs everytime you criticise the team. Read the room bro.

I didn't side with the opposition. I clearly said numerous times the brighton player should have been booked. Also indicated that just because 1st half incident was missed. Doesn't mean you just ignore every incident after it.

It was a silly action from Rice and only has himself to blame. If you are already on a yellow card. Simply just tred carefully. It's obvious brighton targeting niggly incidents to try and get rice and Partey into trouble in 2nd half.

The while justification of "its not s red card" because something was missed earlier doesn't hold any substance.

1st half incident missed was wrong.

Rice was rightly booked for 2nd time, intent to waste time on fee kick was their

Agree in hindsight Jorg could have helped. Maybe Arteta thought the way Brighton move the ball around Jorg didn't have the legs to cover the grass especially a man down.

Ye manufactured a couple of chances. I think the keeper deserves some credit for Havertz one. Saka was stretching I think but as you say that's where the banger up front is worth gold dust. Would just bury it.
If jorghino doesn't have legs to cover why is he in the squad? Both him and Partey are going to have to do a job this season, one which has extra CL games etc..

Jorginho is going to have to play now vs spurs away, so he needs to be ready to go. Arsenal have 4 games in a week so squad rotation will already be under scrutiny.

Kavanagh is notoriously a bad referee.

Rice was stupid on both occasions.

At same time brighton should have had a man off as well
@MK7Z

Read my post here where I clearly indicated my thoughts on brighton should have had a player off as well.

So not sure where I was siding with the opposition.

Such a great job 🤦‍♂️

let someone else explain to you the FFP rules, how players cannot be purchased from cash investments from Owners, the current stadium debt, the debt still owed to the Kroenkes, the further loans given by the Kroenkes, the amount spent on players year in year out over the last three to four years, why New Castle with multi billion pound owners are unable to make marque signings, why points were deducted from Everton and the cloud that currently hangs over City...

let someone else explain to you the FFP rules, how players cannot be purchased from cash investments from Owners, the current stadium debt, the debt still owed to the Kroenkes, the further loans given by the Kroenkes, the amount spent on players year in year out over the last three to four years, why New Castle with multi billion pound owners are unable to make marque signings, why points were deducted from Everton and the cloud that currently hangs over City...

"But but the kronkes have heavily invested since they took over"

Every FFP and PSR cycle a club can make up to 15M loss in a 3 year cycle., or up to 105M if the owners invest. Owners are allowed to invest 90M of their own cash over a 3 year period.

Kronkes have put zero of their own cash into Transfers in thar period, same as FSG.

Arsenal is a listed company, just like any other football club.

Since 2005 I have worked for Bank of new York Mellon (15 years) and now S&P global (3 years) and you want to tell Mr how finances work 🤣

I still believe Arsenal will win the league this year.

Side request - can this thread be made a sticky? 😀
The thread is already sticky. Certain posters have already got over excited. Havertz has won balon dor and Arsenal have won the treble the way they are doing bhangra and calling the manager great

@MK7Z

Read my post here where I clearly indicated my thoughts on brighton should have had a player off as well.

So not sure where I was siding with the opposition.
On that Ref... I've just been informed he was the guy on VAR a few years ago when City played against Everton and Rodri blantanly handballed it in the box very late in the game. but this Ref said no Pen after looking at the replays

Big moment in the season as Liverpool and City went toe to toe right till the end.

Yes same referee..... Make of that what you wish folks
Also born in Manchester by the way haha. Brilliant isn't it

On that Ref... I've just been informed he was the guy on VAR a few years ago when City played against Everton and Rodri blantanly handballed it in the box very late in the game. but this Ref said no Pen after looking at the replays

Big moment in the season as Liverpool and City went toe to toe right till the end.

Yes same referee..... Make of that what you wish folks
Also born in Manchester by the way haha. Brilliant isn't it
Let's be real there isn't a single competent Referee in the PL, thats how bad things are. Yesterday both teams should have had a man sent off.

So as fans yeah we can complain about lack of consistency. We can rightly complain brighton should have had a man off.

But doesn't change the fact that Rice was stupid.

There are quite a few Referees from the North West who in general are very poor and get to officiate in City, United games etc...

Also I don't see any actually calling out the poor goal we conceded or the poor tactical subs Yesterday.

Every FFP and PSR cycle a club can make up to 15M loss in a 3 year cycle., or up to 105M if the owners invest. Owners are allowed to invest 90M of their own cash over a 3 year period.

Kronkes have put zero of their own cash into Transfers in thar period, same as FSG.

Since 2005 I have worked for Bank of new York Mellon (15 years) and now S&P global (3 years) and you want to tell Mr how finances work 🤣
Lol

Please refrain from making personal remarks and only discuss Arsenal FC. Take this warning strictly.

I’m happy to sit on the fence reference the Kroenkes but above does not answer any questions.
Arsenal owe KSE £259 million which was reported in February 2024.
Not sure if there are any Jack Walker type owners any more so best we can hope for is ownership that backs the manager, which Kroenke definitely has done.
Both by letting the manager spend Arsenal income & in addition by supporting him with money he has “lent” to strengthen the squad.
End of the day Kroenke is a business man who loves making money.

I don’t agree with the law being used so literally , there was no delay worthy of note , in the position & movement on the pitch . Ref applies id very literally, it’s Brighton’s ball , he moved it when their player was attempting to strike .

Arteta in his press conference pretty much said the same . If it was a bad error it will be overturned but imo Arsenal won’t even appeal .

It was never a second yellow card offence and this has now been picked up by Sky...

So even if Veltman had made contact with the ball, rather than Rice, and managed to take the quick free-kick, then if we're doing everything by the letter of the law, then let me draw your attention to Law 13.2 regarding free-kicks.

"The ball must be stationary and the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player."

With that being the case, the free-kick would have had to be taken again anyway.
Unquote

Well done MK72 for picking this up at the time

I’m happy to sit on the fence reference the Kroenkes but above does not answer any questions.
Arsenal owe KSE £259 million which was reported in February 2024.
Not sure if there are any Jack Walker type owners any more so best we can hope for is ownership that backs the manager, which Kroenke definitely has done.
Both by letting the manager spend Arsenal income & in addition by supporting him with money he has “lent” to strengthen the squad.
End of the day Kroenke is a business man who loves making money.
The kronkes have Authorised the club to spend Club generated money atleast get the basics right.

Yet a certain clueless cheerleader said kronkes have heavily invested, which is factually incorrect. Not a single penny from the kronkes has gone into Transfers into the latest PSR / FFP cycle.

Vast majority of billionaires in general not just in football tend to take out loans when purchasing large companies. Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Arsenal all these owners took to out loans to buy these clubs. Then leveraged the debt against the club, as they can get the club to pay a lower interest rate back to them, then if it was directly through the lender. If you think the kronkes took on the debt as some sort of favour to the club they didn't. This is how most top level finance works. The kronkes use their portfolio of Assets as collateral to get these loans. Private and syndicated debt is the biggest equity tool around the world.

I have Arsenal fans telling me how finance works 🤦‍♂️. Fans need to stop posting nonsense and get your facts right before defending the club's spending etc...

All listed companies have to show their accounts at end of each financial year in the case of Arsenal or any other PL club those accounts can be seen on company house on government website.

Stop acting as though kronkes are going out of their way to show ambition etc..Arsenal revenue goes up every season through match day revenues, sponsorship and TV money. Arsenal are simply spending self-generated cash.

It was never a second yellow card offence and this has now been picked up by Sky...

So even if Veltman had made contact with the ball, rather than Rice, and managed to take the quick free-kick, then if we're doing everything by the letter of the law, then let me draw your attention to Law 13.2 regarding free-kicks.

"The ball must be stationary and the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player."

With that being the case, the free-kick would have had to be taken again anyway.
Unquote

Well done MK72 for picking this up at the time

The ball wasn’t stationary & was out of play when pedro kicked it away . It’s wasting time , delaying start of play . You can be carded if you’ve got the ball in your hand too . Ref saw it like this .

Have Arsenal appealed?

The ball wasn’t stationary & was out of play when pedro kicked it away . It’s wasting time , delaying start of play . You can be carded if you’ve got the ball in your hand too . Ref saw it like this .

Have Arsenal appealed?

The ball can't stationary when he rolled it into His Rice. The ball was never stationary.

More quotes from Sky:

Qte
Before half-time, Joao Pedro booted the ball away after Kavanagh's whistle had gone, in an incident arguably worse than Rice's given the relative length of delay from how far his kick travelled.

Unlike Rice, Pedro wasn't penalised, or even spoken to, by Kavanagh. It's not exactly the first incident of refereeing inconsistency in Premier League history, but why did Pedro get off scot-free while Rice was sent for an early bath?

Consider Pedro's first-half welly. Getting the ball back to where it was needed to restart play would have taken a good little while. For this incident? The ball had barely moved a yard by the time Veltman attempted to take it.

It was so close, Veltman could have stuck a boot out and rolled it back to where the original offence occurred had he been so inclined. Compared to a goalkeeper diving on a ball and lying on it for 15 seconds, it was hardly a criminal offence.
Unqte

The ball can't stationary when he rolled it into His Rice. The ball was never stationary.

PL refs have clarified. Arsenal must appeal if it’s such obvious error as rice is banned . Only then will the full details of ref decision emerge.

PL refs have clarified. Arsenal must appeal if it’s such obvious error as rice is banned . Only then will the full details of ref decision emerge.
You can't appeal yellow card offences as far as I know. Thought you'd know this

I really do hope they appeal.
But, as a diehard fan of my club, it really angers me to see such nonsense decisions... yes I know Rice put his hand up to it but I do suspect that's more to set an example to the team then anything else. The lesson being that you shouldn't give a ref the opportunity to make such calls because, in the end, it could cost you the title

You can't appeal yellow card offences as far as I know. Thought you'd know this

I didn't know this.
I know the VAR doesn't interfere with yellow card decisions, even if it's a second yellow

Let's be real there isn't a single competent Referee in the PL, thats how bad things are. Yesterday both teams should have had a man sent off.

So as fans yeah we can complain about lack of consistency. We can rightly complain brighton should have had a man off.

But doesn't change the fact that Rice was stupid.

There are quite a few Referees from the North West who in general are very poor and get to officiate in City, United games etc...

Also I don't see any actually calling out the poor goal we conceded or the poor tactical subs Yesterday.
Because that incident changed the whole dynamic of the game which caused the questionable tactics.

Do you think we draw that game if we had 11 men?

To say we could have won with 10 tells me we would have been comfortable with 11.

You are right we lost shape for around 10 mins and Gabriel had his usual early season brain fade but that was down to the incident. Yes you have to respond to adversity and I think we did in the end.

I said it prior that Brighton keep and move the ball around well so they are one of the teams you really don't wanna be a man down against.

Anyway it's done now what can we do.

The point about refs is so frustrating though.

Have Arsenal appealed?

Pedro was a ball that rolled out of play, Rice was a free kick situation.

I didn't know this.
I know the VAR doesn't interfere with yellow card decisions, even if it's a second yellow
Ye you can't. The only leg Arsenal would have to stand on was the moving ball but it's a mute point as they can't appeal anyway. It gets tricky with such incidents as you can probably bring lots of incidents the same as evidence that went unpunished.

Ye you can't. The only leg Arsenal would have to stand on was the moving ball but it's a moot point as they can't appeal anyway. It gets tricky with such incidents as you can probably bring lots of incidents the same as evidence that went unpunished.
Arrh well, at least some joy today in watching Newcastle beat Spurs 😁

Stop acting as though kronkes are going out of their way to show ambition etc..Arsenal revenue goes up every season through match day revenues, sponsorship and TV money. Arsenal are simply spending self-generated cash.
Never used the word ambition or intimated it in my post. As usual you’re being deliberately dishonest.

Covid meant a drop in revenue for every club including Arsenal so your assertion that the revenue goes up every season isn’t true going back even a couple years.

However Kroenke stepped in during this period to pay off the stadium debt (including an early payment fee) in order to free up cash that Arsenal desperately needed at the time.

He replaced it with a personal loan however it’s unclear what the interest would be on this.

🤣

Arsenal should appeal the yellow card

Kronkes have heavily invested in transfers

Kronkes lent Arsenal money for transfers

The referees are cheating

The kronkes have Authorised the club to spend Club generated money atleast get the basics right.
You posted above that you have 18 years experience in Banking.
I would thus have thought that you would understand that “Arsenal income” is the same as club generated money….

Because that incident changed the whole dynamic of the game which caused the questionable tactics.

Do you think we draw that game if we had 11 men?

To say we could have won with 10 tells me we would have been comfortable with 11.

You are right we lost shape for around 10 mins and Gabriel had his usual early season brain fade but that was down to the incident. Yes you have to respond to adversity and I think we did in the end.

I said it prior that Brighton keep and move the ball around well so they are one of the teams you really don't wanna be a man down against.

Anyway it's done now what can we do.

The point about refs is so frustrating though.
The game was 1-0, plenty of teams can be winning a game without the opposition doing much and game can change.

Let's not make out as though at 1-0 this game was done and dusted. Only takes a mistake, or sone brilliance and game can be level.

Also it wasn't as though the game was one sided either and Brighton weren't in the game.

Facts are it was a 2nd yellow card, by the letter of law its a yellow.

We can all do if, buts and come up possible scenarios.

Go back to the Villa game last week, Arsenal didn't look like winning that game in 1st 70 minutes, just like that the game changes. So 0-0, 1-0 etc.. a game is never done.

United looked comfortable at 1-0 vs brighton last week and then lossed

You calling @KingKhanWC a loser for saying arsenal should appeal? Or is that reserved for Arsenal fans only?

Two yellow cards leading to red cannot be rescinded but the match ban can be reduced. So Arsenal should appeal for reduction to one match ban . Rice will be needed v City.

Anyway you guys just watch Liverpool carving up Utd again. :salah

Two yellow cards leading to red cannot be rescinded but the match ban can be reduced. So Arsenal should appeal for reduction to one match ban . Rice will be needed v City.

2 yellow cards is always a 1 game ban if I'm not mistaken.

The only time that's not the case I think is when you've been sent off earlier in the season already and it's not your 1st red. I'm not 100% on that though

It's already a 1 match ban, so obviously can't be reduced further

Ye it's hilarious. Glazers out 😂😂😂

The only time that's not the case I think is when you've been sent off earlier in the season already and it's not your 1st red. I'm not 100% on that though

That's correct

Also, some straight reds can be a 1 match ban, for example a straight red for a professional foul is a 1 match ban whereas for dangerous play it is a 3 match ban

That’s fine then . Time for arsenal fans too move on . It happened to us last season .

Its funny how you accuse man city of cheating. Which is essentially their owners have be accused of putting more then the alloted "owner contribution" into Transfers

That's whole point of PSR.

Even sky sports has said 9 clubs owners have put zero cash of their own into Transfers.

The issue with City is not necessarily the owners putting in more money but rather the source of that money

City are claiming X amount from Sponsors, which are seemingly inflated or even in some cases made up

@Amjid Javed Since you have a financial background you'll know better than most, where are Arsenal roughly sitting when it comes to PSR? I remember reading some reports a while back that with the significant spending Arsenal have made under Arteta that they will be close to their PSR limit? Is that not the case?

Please refrain from making personal remarks and only discuss Arsenal FC. Take this warning strictly.

The issue with City is not necessarily the owners putting in more money but rather the source of that money

City are claiming X amount from Sponsors, which are seemingly inflated or even in some cases made up

Yeah the source of the money was supposedly "sponsors"

The allegation is that the owners paid the sponsors, the sponsors paid the club.

So technically it's the owners putting in more money then they are allowed to.

So for example sake City owners put 90M into Transfers and can't out any more in.

Sponsors company then pays 30M to City, that should technically be seen as club generated revenue. But if city's owners have paid sponsors 30M, then sponsors paid City. It means City have breached the rules.

This is why on FFP and PSR you have to legitimately show where money has come from

Back