Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

Guys @Geordie Ahmed @topspin. Check post number 56 on the Manchester United thread.

@aboveandbeyond claims the young Italian striker intervened Garnachos shot yesterday for United....

I assume he's talking about Zirkzee who as we all know is Dutch.

I think we have confirmation of our suspicions about his actual knowledge of the game

Have a good day folks.
Signed from Serie A so assumed he was Italian 🤣🤣🤣

Probably thinks De Ligt is German

Guys @Geordie Ahmed @topspin. Check post number 56 on the Manchester United thread.

@aboveandbeyond claims the young Italian striker intervened Garnachos shot yesterday for United....

I assume he's talking about Zirkzee who as we all know is Dutch.

I think we have confirmation of our suspicions about his actual knowledge of the game

Have a good day folks.

And he calls himself a Man U fan 😂😂😂

Due diligence has been completed. Ball knowledge is now there for everyone to see.

I can’t take him seriously now.

@aboveandbeyond Thanks for the comic relief but just a kind reminder this is a football thread not a comedy group chat.

Due diligence has been completed. Ball knowledge is now there for everyone to see.

@aboveandbeyond Thanks for the comic relief but just a kind reminder this is a football thread not a comedy group chat.
Yup. I ain't gonna bother anymore either.

See I accept arteta must win the league title this year or he can get on his bike.

I accept our European record is pathetic.

I am not sensitive about it. But LiverNOpull really touches a nerve 😂

Liverpool had their lucky break when they took Barca for mugs and sold Coutinho to them for silly money.

They had the best scout who had the best footballing ID at the time. He picked out Alisson, VVD, Salah, Mane and etc.

But that all now seems a very long time ago. We’ve seen both Lavia and Caicedo both turn down Liverpool for an inferior Chelsea team.

Liverpool fans thought they were going to sign Bellingham but the reality is nobody wants to go to Livernopull.

Even one of their own, TAA, is thinking about going to Real Madrid.

With the current ownership and lack of spending, Liverpool are back to factory settings (90s and 2000s).

Yes I fell for that as Well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be an interesting season esp for arsenal, it’s peak time for Arteta . 5 years on a trophy is surely arriving ?

But maybe , I should be more sensitive & respectful , here you go bro 🏆
I'm the one who has to be sensitive on big bad anfield where nobody wants to play for LiverNOpull
Or manage even
But it's OK you can always count your trophies

If you’re wrong a 3rd time , will be heartbreaking even more than Henry missing a sitter in the CL final .
It will be less heartbreaking than winning only 1 league title in the PL era.
You may finish 2nd but Liverpool are more likely to update their trophy cabinet.
Fine by me. You can do an open bus parade for winning the FA Cup and League Cup again but I’m not interested in that.

Liverpool’s dark days are back. The likes of Salah, VVD will leave soon, Trent is probably dreaming of joining Madrid next summer and your new manager has zero aura.

No wonder Zubimendi gave you the finger. Why would he join a dying club with no attraction now when he can join better clubs in the near future, especially within Spain.

And so it begins.

Hope you are well bro
I am doing well, thank you. I hope you are well too.

I am already collecting rotten eggs & tomatoes for the 0% ball knowledge fans who claimed the following:

“Arteta is a clueless fraud who will never win the league for Arsenal”

“Havertz will be the end of Arteta”

“Maddison is better than Odegaard who is mentally weak”

“Martinelli is a top LW and Arsenal should not look to upgrade on him”

“Opta said that Liverpool have 71% chance of winning the league”

@Amjid Javed @topspin @KingKhanWC
:klopp

I'm the one who has to be sensitive on big bad anfield where nobody wants to play for LiverNOpull
Or manage even
But it's OK you can always count your trophies

From Mamoons competing to your we sign better players 😂.

It’s all about winning , being champions . Nobody going to remember the Arteta & Zinchenko romance without silver ornaments

It will be less heartbreaking than winning only 1 league title in the PL era.

Fine by me. You can do an open bus parade for winning the FA Cup and League Cup again but I’m not interested in that.

Liverpool’s dark days are back. The likes of Salah, VVD will leave soon, Trent is probably dreaming of joining Madrid next summer and your new manager has zero aura.

No wonder Zubimendi gave you the finger. Why would he join a dying club with no attraction now when he can join better clubs in the near future, especially within Spain.

It’s fascinating you’re interested in competing while most football fans of big clubs are interested in winning .

Artetas bus has been parked up for 5 years. By the time he leaves it will be an antique piece with zero miles on the clock . I’ll even send you a selfie with me & the immaculate iconic London bus 🚌

It’s all about winning , being champions . Nobody going to remember the Arteta & Zinchenko romance without silver ornaments
I've never once claimed we sign better players

I just laugh at the fact Liverpool struggle with their top targets and wondering why... You know with their history and that 😉

You like to talk about history

You also talk about trophies a lot and rightly so. End of the day that's what it's all about.

I don't know how old you are but how many of those trophies have you seen in your lifetime?

Since I've been following foothall since early 90s the total amount of trophies won by arsenal and Pool during that time can't be much different.

Obviously the big 1 that arsenal have failed miserably during that time you have twice. But apart from that I think the Carabao cup is what you've won the most?

I've seen Arsenal lift 4 PLs. I've only seen Liverpool win 1.

European Super Cup and Club World Cup are exclusive members only so as an Arsenal fan I unfortunately can't come to the table with those.

And no I'm not including charity shields in those before you say 😂😂

It’s fascinating you’re interested in competing while most football fans of big clubs are interested in winning .

Artetas bus has been parked up for 5 years. By the time he leaves it will be an antique piece with zero miles on the clock . I’ll even send you a selfie with me & the immaculate iconic London bus 🚌
It is sad to see that Liverpool isn’t one of those big clubs. Big clubs who are interested in winning don’t do open bus parades for domestic cups.

You like to talk about history

You also talk about trophies a lot and rightly so. End of the day that's what it's all about.

I don't know how old you are but how many of those trophies have you seen in your lifetime?

Since I've been following foothall since early 90s the total amount of trophies won by arsenal and Pool during that time can't be much different.

Obviously the big 1 that arsenal have failed miserably during that time you have twice. But apart from that I think the Carabao cup is what you've won the most?

I've seen Arsenal lift 4 PLs. I've only seen Liverpool win 1.

European Super Cup and Club World Cup are exclusive members only so as an Arsenal fan I unfortunately can't come to the table with those.

And no I'm not including charity shields in those before you say 😂😂

The criteria you’re using is your lifetime . It’s silly to debate who is more decorated in history or recent years.

Arsenal have underachieved for years now . It’s time to win now, any trophy should do. If Arteta doesn’t win a major trophy only Mamoon will remember him in 20 years for competing

It is sad to see that Liverpool isn’t one of those big clubs. Big clubs who are interested in winning don’t do open bus parades for domestic cups.

It was a double cup win & also logistics as we were also near winning league & champions.

At least we have a bus lol

The criteria you’re using is your lifetime . It’s silly to debate who is more decorated in history or recent years.

Arsenal have underachieved for years now . It’s time to win now, any trophy should do. If Arteta doesn’t win a major trophy only Mamoon will remember him in 20 years for competing
Exactly 100% and that's why I forget previous seasons and move on 😉

Current season is always the most important. The rest is history 🫡

Think you guys need to stop these petty fights between Arsenal and Liverpool. Both can't hold a candle against my team anyway. Champions for last 4 seasons for a reason.

#OnlyRealClub
#C'mmonCity

Think you guys need to stop these petty fights between Arsenal and Liverpool. Both can't hold a candle against my team anyway. Champions for last 4 seasons for a reason.

#OnlyRealClub
#C'mmonCity
😂😂 You had me until #onlyRealClub

I wonder what made you fall in love with City? Was it Shaun Goater and Paul Dickov?

LOL good one. But in all seriousness, I love the way City plays their football under Pep who is a genius. I don't live in Manchester mind you but still supports them. We should have won the Champions League last edition as well.

Also, you will find City's fans are less obnoxious compared to Arsenal, Liverpool or Man U

:steyn

LOL good one. But in all seriousness, I love the way City plays their football under Pep who is a genius. I don't live in Manchester mind you but still supports them. We should have won the Champions League last edition as well.

Also, you will find City's fans are less obnoxious compared to Arsenal, Liverpool or Man U

:steyn

I actually like City, there are a couple of reasons for this

Primarily, I dislike Man U with a passion so any team that was going to knock them off their perch was going to get my backing

And the other more recent reason is that I'm a huge Pep fan. That's because I like Barca and have followed them since the mid 90's, was a fan of Pep the player and then Pep the manager created the greatest football side in my lifetime

I actually like City, there are a couple of reasons for this

Primarily, I dislike Man U with a passion so any team that was going to knock them off their perch was going to get my backing

And the other more recent reason is that I'm a huge Pep fan. That's because I like Barca and have followed them since the mid 90's, was a fan of Pep the player and then Pep the manager created the greatest football side in my lifetime

I reckon fergie left lasting effects on some. Regarding the Magpies, im sure Keegan and by the sounds of it rest of their clan, still not overcome his mastery.

I reckon fergie left lasting effects on some. Regarding the Magpies, im sure Keegan and by the sounds of it rest of their clan, still not overcome his mastery.

The reason isn't really to do with Fergie

My two older brothers support Man U and that first hand experience (along with the other glory seekers I know) of the most obnoxious and arrogant "fans" is why I dislike them

Tbf they have recently calmed down, I suppose 10 years without winning the league will do that to you

My two older brothers support Man U and that first hand experience (along with the other glory seekers I know) of the most obnoxious and arrogant "fans" is why I dislike them

Tbf they have recently calmed down, I suppose 10 years without winning the league will do that to you

People sometimes do get confused with celebrating success as a form of arrogance. Maybe you didnt defrenciate from that?

Lol ten years ain't all that. Gooners are approaching a quarter of a century for their last success, and Newcastle like spursy never probably seen what a trophy looks like.

It’s really sad to see almost every Pakistani in the UK support Man Utd.

They also like to get the same haircut (skin fade).

People sometimes do get confused with celebrating success as a form of arrogance. Maybe you didnt defrenciate from that?

Lol ten years ain't all that. Gooners are approaching a quarter of a century for their last success, and Newcastle like spursy never probably seen what a trophy looks like.
I can definitely differentiate between celebrating with arrogance

At the time Arsenal were successful but never had the same (though do think their online fans are an odd bunch now but part of that is probably an act to drive views)

10 years is a lot when the prime reason for "supporting" is because they were winning all the time

I've never seen us win anything but my support of Newcastle is not built on success, which is why not winning doesn't change anything for me.

Crystal Palace move for Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah in £30m deal

Crystal Palace are confident of completing a deal worth up to £30m for Eddie Nketiah after holding more talks with Arsenal over the England striker. Nketiah had looked set to join Nottingham Forest last week after they agreed a fee but that move collapsed over personal terms.

Palace are long-term suitors of the 25-year-old and acted after a second defeat of the season, against West Ham, on Saturday.

It is understood they have agreed terms with Nketiah that would make him one of their highest earners, with Arsenal expected to accept their offer of £25m with a further £5m in bonuses. Mikel Arteta is believed to have sanctioned his departure despite concerns over a groin injury that ruled Gabriel Jesus out of their win over Aston Villa on Saturday. The Brazilian had a scan over the weekend, although it is not known for how long he will be sidelined.

Arsenal are expected to confirm the arrival of Mikel Merino from Real Sociedad, and Fábio Vieira is likely to join Porto on loan for the season. Arteta hinted last week they could be active in the final days of the transfer window.

“We have to because anything can happen both ways,” he said. “You have to be ready, especially in the last week. You have to be alert and prepared because a lot of surprises can come, for many different reasons and we are prepared.”

There is interest in the Spain forward Nico Williams, who has a £48m release clause but is believed to be reluctant to leave Athletic Bilbao in this window. Arsenal have also been linked with Sporting’s Sweden forward Viktor Gyökeres, who would provide more direct competition with Kai Havertz for the central striker’s role.

Palace are also understood to have registered an interest in Jakub Kiwior, with Arsenal deciding whether to sell the Poland defender or loan him. He also has interest from Bologna, from whom Arsenal signed Riccardo Calafiori this summer.

Palace are continuing talks with Newcastle over Marc Guéhi and have been lining up potential replacementsThey had a £14m bid for Wolfsburg’s Maxence Lacroix rejected last week and are expected to return with an improved offer for the French defender, but have been frustrated in their pursuit of Benfica’s Tomás Araújo.

Palace are also interested in Liverpool’s Joe Gomez, Trevoh Chalobah of Chelsea and Bayer Leverkusen’s Odilon Kossounou, who is the subject of a loan bid from Atalanta. Odsonne Édouard, who joined Palace from Celtic on deadline day in 2021, could be allowed to leave if Nketiah signs.

THE GUARDIAN

Arsenal sign midfielder Merino from Real Sociedad

Arsenal have completed the signing of Spain midfielder Mikel Merino from Real Sociedad for a fee that could reach £31.6m.

The 28-year-old moves to north London on a four-year contract with the option of a further 12 months after the Gunners agreed to pay an initial £27.4m plus £4.2m in add-ons.

"Mikel is a player who will bring us huge quality with his experience and versatility," said manager Mikel Arteta.

Merino was part of the Spain squad who won Euro 2024, featuring in all seven matches in the tournament and scoring a late winner in extra time against Germany in the quarter-final.

He becomes Arsenal's third signing of the transfer window, after the arrival of Italy defender Riccardo Calafiori and Spain goalkeeper David Raya, with the club activating an option to buy him from Brentford following his loan move a year ago.

"Mikel will make our squad significantly stronger, with his technical ability, together with his strong and positive character and personality," added Arteta.

“As we all saw in the summer, Mikel is also a winner, with his strong performances throughout the Euros helping Spain win the tournament."

Merino can operate as a deeper-lying midfielder and it is thought he will complement Declan Rice, who played a 'box-to-box' role at times last season.

He also provides Arsenal boss Arteta with another option to compete with Rice, Jorginho, Thomas Partey and Martin Odegaard in midfield.

Merino has previous experience of the Premier League, having spent a year at Newcastle before moving to Real Sociedad in 2018, where he played alongside Odegaard in 2019-20 when the Norwegian was on loan from Real Madrid.

The new signing, who has 28 international caps, made 45 club appearances in all competitions last season, scoring eight goals.

BBC

Someone on social media started a rumour that arsenal are about to make a move for Darwin Nunez 🫣🫣😂😂 @KingKhanWC

Crazy if true don't know whether to laugh or cry

Someone on social media started a rumour that arsenal are about to make a move for Darwin Nunez 🫣🫣😂😂 @KingKhanWC

Crazy if true don't know whether to laugh or cry

No chance . He’s raw but a huge talent , ripped up teams in the copa America.

He doesn’t start every game but last season scored more than Havertz.

Now Eddie has gone to palace , Arsenal should buy a striker . Imo if not it will cost them.

Jesus, havertz and nunez is Arteta opening a donkey sanctuary?

Jesus, havertz and nunez is Arteta opening a donkey sanctuary?

Arteta seems content with his squad now , feels over 100pts are in the bag .

He would have more purchasing power if he developed some youngsters . He doesn’t seem good with young local talent. Smith Rowe got into the team of the week now at another club

Arteta seems content with his squad now , feels over 100pts are in the bag .

He would have more purchasing power if he developed some youngsters . He doesn’t seem good with young local talent. Smith Rowe got into the team of the week now at another club
I don't buy this young talent thing tbh. ESR is not going to excel arsenal to win the league. nor is Riess nor is Eddie Nor would Balogun nor would any other academy player over the years.

I don't rate ESR. Had a decent season a couple of seasons ago but fitness has been an issue.

He'll do well at a team like Fulham.

The truth is academy players rarely push teams over the line. They contribute but we need finished products who will make us better.

Every so often a special talent comes along. But it's normally desperation that forces managers to throw them into the deep end. Like Liverpool around Feb and the Carabao cup win.

We can't afford to give academy players matches in the league where the margins are so small.

Ethan is one to watch.

Man City have Foden. Lewis looks good who are academy.

United have Mainoo

Liverpool had trent when they won the title I think.

Arsenal have Saka

Point I'm making it's difficult in title challenges to focus on academy prospects.

Spurs?
Chelsea... Less said the better.

I don't buy this young talent thing tbh. ESR is not going to excel arsenal to win the league. nor is Riess nor is Eddie Nor would Balogun nor would any other academy player over the years.

I don't rate ESR. Had a decent season a couple of seasons ago but fitness has been an issue.

He'll do well at a team like Fulham.

The truth is academy players rarely push teams over the line. They contribute but we need finished products who will make us better.

Every so often a special talent comes along. But it's normally desperation that forces managers to throw them into the deep end. Like Liverpool around Feb and the Carabao cup win.

We can't afford to give academy players matches in the league where the margins are so small.

Ethan is one to watch.

Man City have Foden. Lewis looks good who are academy.

United have Mainoo

Liverpool had trent when they won the title I think.

Arsenal have Saka

Point I'm making it's difficult in title challenges to focus on academy prospects.

Spurs?
Chelsea... Less said the better.

It depends on their quality. Eg Liverpool should have played Harvey Elliot more towards the back end of last season , he is a quality player .

Young players are important , money can be made to buy experience pros . Lfc have sold 2 to Brentford raising money/profit .

I’m just surprised after Saka nobody broke through. I was expecting 4/5 others due to his quality. Imagine buying Saka ?

Young players are important , money can be made to buy experience pros . Lfc have sold 2 to Brentford raising money/profit .
I think we've made 100 million in the last 12 months from Eddie, ESR and Balogun. That's alrite innit?

Elliot is clutch... Reckon will see more of him this season.

As per reports Arsenal will accelerate their efforts to sign Espanyol's Spanish goalkeeper Joan Garcia, 23, as England goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 26, is set to join Southampton for £25m.

Edu masterclass again. Give this guy a new contract.

Just waiting for a runnarson / Turner type number 2 keeper signing again now as replacement

He’s too much of a nice guy. Not exactly who you want in charge of negotiations.

As for Ramsdale, like him or rate him but he’s worth a lot more than £18m.

@Mamoon

Do you think it was correct for Liverpool to be in pot 1 of the champions league draw & Arsenal pot 2 ?

And what is your infamous champions league prediction ? Will you be gunning for the first ever title or shooting blanks like last season?

You should win all the home matches. A couple of wins away too , easy qualification.

However more intense matches for all teams as you can’t redeem a lose against the same team later . Squad depth will be huge this season for those going for all titles .
The 4 away games are very tricky, add to that Arsenal's away form in Europe under Arteta is embarrassing to say the least.

The last 2 fixtures will also be in a already packed January with Arsenal having some tough PL fixtures and FA Cup as well.

But compared to fixtures Liverpool or Man city got in CL, I can't complain.

Sterling rumours hotting up.

I'll be honest i don't want him.

If he was to sign for example not on the wages he is currently on and minimal fee then backup for wingers anyone??

Who am I kidding I can't do it. I can't get behind this signing. Hope he proves me wrong IF it happens. But I really don't rate him anymore.

He's just an older Martineli. Poor final decisions.

Also on Edu... This will expose him even more. We have needed a backup for Saka for 18+ months and if its Sterling then shows the lack of planning and the word I use.. Neglect.

He's only became available since he was dropped last week so what was the plan prior?

Sterling rumours hotting up.

I'll be honest i don't want him.

If he was to sign for example not on the wages he is currently on and minimal fee then backup for wingers anyone??

Who am I kidding I can't do it. I can't get behind this signing. Hope he proves me wrong IF it happens. But I really don't rate him anymore.

He's just an older Martineli. Poor final decisions.
I told you bro a week or so ago. Arteta has a thing for other clubs failures / leftovers. He seems to have a thing for trying to revive faltering careers.

The club should be signing players at this stage to go up a level not just in PL but in Europe as well.

This is what happens when you give the manager to much power on transfers.

Don't matter what wages he comes in on, yet another Chelsea cast off.

Maybe Arteta should go manage Chelsea plenty of donkeys over there to work with.

Edu saying be excited for end of the window.

PR spun nonsense from the club as usual.

Also on Edu... This will expose him even more. We have needed a backup for Saka for 18+ months and if its Sterling then shows the lack of planning and the word I use.. Neglect.

He's only became available since he was dropped last week so what was the plan prior?
Edu and Arteta wont be going anywhere under this ownership, unless the fans suddenly turn on both.

I said all along Edu was useless, now a lot of fans are seeing reality of hit and miss recruitment.

I told you bro a week or so ago. Arteta has a thing for other clubs failures / leftovers. He seems to have a thing for trying to revive faltering careers.

The club should be signing players at this stage to go up a level not just in PL but in Europe as well.

This is what happens when you give the manager to much power on transfers.

Don't matter what wages he comes in on, yet another Chelsea cast off.

Maybe Arteta should go manage Chelsea plenty of donkeys over there to work with.

Edu saying be excited for end of the window.

PR spun nonsense from the club as usual.
I know you did bro. I said I'll give them benefit of doubt until window closes.

Now 24hrs and we havent done that difference maker signing.

Sigh

I still think we are in with a chance timber merino and Califori are good players. Add them to last season. No Zinchenko.

We are a good side. The worry is it's small margins that we haven't addressed.

Neto as back up keeper, so essentially the guy who will play cup games 🤦‍♂️ another amazing GK signing by Arteta and Edu

Can’t believe we’re chasing for Sterling. He’s washed up and we already have 2 left wingers. He’s no better than either of them.

I’m so done with Edu.

Arsenal bidding for espanyol number 1 keeper on deadline day, which gives them no time to find a replacement 🤦‍♂️

Let's see how many "be postive" and "trust the process" cheerleaders defend this pathetic transfer window

Trophyless season number 5 incoming

Can’t believe we’re chasing for Sterling. He’s washed up and we already have 2 left wingers. He’s no better than either of them.

I’m so done with Edu.
Edu is cooking 🔥🍳 as most of this fan base like up hype this loser of a DOF

IMG_9064.jpeg

No chance arsenal will pay out anywhere near . I’d be shocked if this goes through . What is Arteta even thinking?

Southampton sign Arsenal keeper Ramsdale for £25m​

Southampton have completed the signing of Arsenal and England goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale for £25m.

The Saints will pay an initial £18m for the former Sheffield United goalkeeper, with an extra £7m in add-ons.

The 26-year-old has signed a four-year deal at St Mary's and the club have the option of extending his deal by a further 12 months.

"I'm absolutely delighted," said Ramsdale.

"The way the manager wants to play, the way he was when I spoke to him, he was just full of so much enthusiasm. I’d never met him before but he made me feel about eight feet tall, which is just what you want."

Ramsdale, capped five times for England, was selected for Gareth Southgate's Euro 2024 squad.

He made 89 appearances for Arsenal after a £26m move to the Emirates from Sheffield United in 2021.

"Aaron is a real statement signing for us," said Saints boss Russell Martin.

"I’m very grateful to ownership and the board for making it happen, especially as so many other clubs were keen to get him."

Ramsdale had been linked to a move to Wolves.

Arsenal expect to complete a season-long loan move for Bournemouth goalkeeper Neto to replace Ramsdale.

Edu is cooking 🔥🍳 as most of this fan base like up hype this loser of a DOF

Notice how his biggest cheerleader has now gone back to his cave.

I think most of the fan base have now finally seen the light and realise Edu is just useless.

I would much rather take injury prone Kingsley Coman over Sterling.

Notice how his biggest cheerleader has now gone back to his cave.

I think most of the fan base have now finally seen the light and realise Edu is just a useless.

I would much rather take injury prone Kingsley Coman over Sterling.

Agree. He must be spursy in disguise. Havertz 65 million. Rice 105 million. Lol

Not sure why not attempt to sign Osimhen? He looks on his way to Chelsea now . Which could also mean Sterling is on his way to Arsenal ?
He wants ridiculous wages...we are talking upwards of £400k PW. Arsenal won't fall for that

He wants ridiculous wages...we are talking upwards of £400k PW. Arsenal won't fall for that

I think he’s willing to drop to secure Arsenal . Currently on £300k . But strange as Toney & Oshimen were available but no interest from arsenal. This is poor imo if you want to compete with city

I think he’s willing to drop to secure Arsenal . Currently on £300k . But strange as Toney & Oshimen were available but no interest from arsenal. This is poor imo if you want to compete with city
I don't think Toney makes that difference. That's just my opinion.

Also he's a bit of a urmm "insert insult here"

Arsenal are paying havetz 300k, which he's not worth. The myth that Arteta and Edu fixed the wage bill needs to be put to rest.

So Neto is cup tied and can't play in league cup, makes the signing even more retarded 🤦‍♂️

Arsenal signing Merino injured in first training session

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says new signing Mikel Merino will be out for a "few weeks" after injuring his shoulder during his first training session with the club.

The Spaniard completed a £31.6m move to the Gunners from Real Sociedad on Tuesday.

Merino, Arsenal's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Riccardo Calafiori from Bologna, trained with his new club for the first time on Thursday.

The 28-year-old collided with a team-mate, resulting in a "small fracture" that will keep him out for a "few weeks".

"Yes very unfortunate. Yesterday he had a collision and he has got a shoulder injury, unfortunately. It looks like he is going to be out for a few weeks," said Arteta.

"He was really excited and everything was looking really good. He landed on the floor and Gabi landed on top of him and it looks like he has a small fracture probably.

"We have to see. He was in so much pain, we have to wait to do some more tests."

Arsenal have won both of their opening Premier League fixtures, beating Wolves and Aston Villa.

The Gunners host Brighton - one of the other three teams in the division with a 100% record so far this term - at the Emirates on Saturday.

BBC

I'm sure excuses will come

The kronkes have changed and invested since taking full ownership

Once we get a new striker I will judge the team

Even if don't make any signings we will finish 2nd and above Liverpool

I won't name names 🤫

Everything Arsenal transfer window

A defender
A goal keepers
A Chelsea reject

Trust the process.. Acting like a small club as usual

Sterling on loan to Arsenal .

Arteta is a lovely fella & must believe in him as everyone else thinks he’s finished .

Back