Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 14 September | Colombo | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want Pakistan to win today as I want to see Ind-Pak final on Sunday.

So Bangladesh should be denied a game so that Pakistan should have an extra chance of making the final?

What world do you guys live in?

Who told Pakistan to get nuked by India after doing best bowling this and that for one week?

This is Pakistan Cricket, nothing really changes.

Lol, so India not only snatched the Asia Cup from Pakistan but also brutally kicked Pakistan out of the Asia Cup in one stroke and brutally dented the confidence of the side and the nation.

Personally I will be happy if this means turning the heat up on Babars captaincy and if he gets removed as captain from all formats once the WC is over.
Ok mate I hope you stick by this view when Babar wins 3/4 of his easily winnable games in the world cup

Aapka koi pata nahi chalta

If you think about it, they are strong parallels between this Asia Cup and the last ODI edition of the Asia Cup (2018).

Both tournaments served brutal reality checks to Pakistan.

Pakistan entered the 2018 edition as CT winners. Their heads were in the clouds and we kept hearing talk of how India is afraid of Pakistan etc.

We all witnessed what happened. Sarfraz and that Pakistan team couldn’t recover from that reality check and embarked on one of the darkest periods for Pakistan cricket in ODIs over the next 6 months.

Similarly, Pakistan entered this Asia Cup with their heads in the clouds. Number 1 team this and that, best fast bowling this and that but they have been knocked back into their senses.

Let’s see if Babar and his team can recover from this because Sarfraz and his team could not.

Each match situation is different, Same India also got bowled out for 266 against same Pakistan. Pakistan did not allow Nepal to score 200, India did. SriLanka prepared pitch to their bowling strength and India won due to poor batting by SriLanka chasing a gettable score.
That may be so but the fact remains we only defeated Nepal and Bangladesh in this Asia Cup. All that matters is that India defeated Lanka. The Lanka batted poorly was coz India bowled well, na?. I don't see a silver lining in the cloud at all for Pak with all the if's and but's you are throwing at me. The chronic problem we always have is our pathetic batting being full of mediocre players and a thick captain. Why did he not bat first v India :facepalm: .

Each match situation is different, Same India also got bowled out for 266 against same Pakistan. Pakistan did not allow Nepal to score 200, India did. SriLanka prepared pitch to their bowling strength and India won due to poor batting by SriLanka chasing a gettable score.
It wasn’t a ‘getable score’

Rohit and Gill’s partnership was the edge until Wallalage ran riot.

209 on that track was definitely going to be like 350 against 3 spinners and a quality seamer like Bumrah.

Siraj and Bumrah’s 3 wickets up top of the top 3 made a huge difference, because they had to make the powerplay count without losing a wicket. Everyone would have been a sitting duck against spin

Ok mate I hope you stick by this view when Babar wins 3/4 of his easily winnable games in the world cup

Aapka koi pata nahi chalta

All sides in the ODI WC are going to be bringing their big guns and their A games, not the minnows and the C, D level bowling attacks Pakistan has been feasting on in the past 3-4 years. This is the ODI WC and not the T20 format.

This ODI WC is going to serve as a brutal reality check for the team and the nation. I predict a repeat of the 2016 T20 WC and the 2003 ODI WC where Pakistan lost badly to every top team and only beat minnows.

The reality is that Pakistan would not have chased the total against India in the first game.

However, those fans who are in perpetual denial will soothe themselves by believing that Pakistan were robbed of a win due to rain.

Pakistan escaped that day, not India. India had already escaped when the extremely impressive Kishan and Pandya turned the tables on Pakistan.

Speaking of Kishan, I would happily take him over Rizwan in all formats and he is not even India’s first choice WK.

If you think about it, they are strong parallels between this Asia Cup and the last ODI edition of the Asia Cup (2018).

Pakistan entered the 2018 edition as CT winners. Their heads were in the clouds and we kept hearing talk of how India is afraid of Pakistan etc.

We all witnessed what happened. Sarfraz and that Pakistan team couldn’t recover from that reality check and embarked on one of the darkest periods for Pakistan cricket in ODIs over the next 6 months.

Similarly, Pakistan entered this Asia Cup with their heads in the clouds. Number 1 team this and that, best fast bowling this and that but they have been knocked back into their senses.

Let’s see if Babar and his team can recover from this because Sarfraz and his team could not.
Sarfaraz had a tough run in to the World Cup that year facing England 5 times on absolute roads, bowlers smashed to smithereens running into the tournament. Then the first fixture was against a decent World Cup competitor West Indies, who also wiped the floor with Pakistan at Trent Bridge

Pakistan however will get 2 Kulfi fixtures before their big one against India at Ahmedabad.

Luck is one thing that has always been on Babar’s side in the past couple of years or so

have

I said Sri Lanka being the home team can do whatever they want. If you think they are wasting time then that is too bad for Pak. Jiski laati ooski bhens. Is this clear enough for you?
Yes, you used basic English grammar this time, thank you.

But you are fundamentally flawed, as host of the tournament, the PCB is supposed to control of grounds...as the SLC currently complained, it was the PCB that set ticket prices. So no, Sri Lanka isn't actually the home team here.

Good try though :jimmy

Sarfaraz had a tough run in to the World Cup that year facing England 5 times on absolute roads, bowlers smashed to smithereens running into the tournament. Then the first fixture was against a decent World Cup competitor West Indies, who also wiped the floor with Pakistan at Trent Bridge

Pakistan however will get 2 Kulfi fixtures before their big one against India at Ahmedabad.

Luck is one thing that has always been on Babar’s side in the past couple of years or so

Pakistan’s decline started long before the World Cup. There was no excuse for the 2018 Asia Cup humiliation.

If we get to play our remaining games and are unable to redeem ourselves then fair enough. Otherwise this tournament has been a farce.

16:00 Local Time, 10:30 GMT, 16:00 IST: "Unfortunately, we've had probably the heaviest rain we've seen since we've been here in Colombo," says Dominic Cork on air. We'll start losing overs from 16:30. The cut-off time for a 20-over contest is

Only farce was what happened against India on Sunday.

Pakistan’s fate was in their hands. No one asked them to get demolished by India.
Nah. This whole tournament has been a farce. Making up rules as we go. Games getting washed off. Uncertainty and playing vs rain rather than the opposition.

Bad games happen. India were badly beaten in ct final, in that 36 AO game vs Australia, 152-0 game etc.

What matters is how you comeback. If for eg we get a chance to redeem ourselves and actually end up winning the cup, then this loss will be brushed aside.

If rain decides it instead, sure Indian fans can brag all they want, it will not tell us the real picture.

Yes, you used basic English grammar this time, thank you.

But you are fundamentally flawed, as host of the tournament, the PCB is supposed to control of grounds...as the SLC currently complained, it was the PCB that set ticket prices. So no, Sri Lanka isn't actually the home team here.

Good try though :jimmy
Since when has anyone cared what the PCB thinks!?. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Teams say they will visit Pak then change their mind. The PCB chairman saying we will boycott the World Cup in India then some days later insists politics and sport should not be mixed. I am afraid your attempt to justify are full of conjecture. No one gives a damn what the PCB says or thinks. Welcome to the real world.

Even ICC don't give a shoot about these losers. Nothing stopping you from thinking that the PCB matter to anyone. No one respects the PCB.

Nah. This whole tournament has been a farce. Making up rules as we go. Games getting washed off. Uncertainty and playing vs rain rather than the opposition.

Bad games happen. India were badly beaten in ct final, in that 36 AO game vs Australia, 152-0 game etc.

What matters is how you comeback. If for eg we get a chance to redeem ourselves and actually end up winning the cup, then this loss will be brushed aside.

If rain decides it instead, sure Indian fans can brag all they want, it will not tell us the real picture.
Redeem yourself at Ahmedabad

Only a month away

India have entered many tournaments post 2011 as either ODI number 1 or 2...they didn't win in 2015, they didnt win in 2017, they didnt win in 2019 and they lost in the final of 2022 edition, yes I know it was a t20 tournament but they were ranked no. 1 in that format too.

So just curious what you're trying to say here?

Covers are off and it hasn't rained for 30 minutes but full on timepass happening. No news of inspection, toss or start. Till that need comes it will start drizzling again. SL enjoying the show..

Even better news now. Toss at 5.00pm, start at 5.15 m. The match will be 45 overs per side. Powerplay 9 overs, 27 overs, 9 overs

Excellent news...c'mmon Pakistan pls win it and meet us on Sunday. I dont know why some Indian fans want them to get knocked out? Not interested watching final with SL

Great news .just supporting Pakistan becouse I want India - Pakistan Final but nothing against Lankan

Toss at 5pm
45-overs match
Match begins at 5:15pm (Sri Lanka Times)

I'm so happy Zaman Khan gets his game.

Everyone listen up, today you will see why I have been advocating this man, just watch and learn. The criticisms better end today 😪.

More rain inevitably on the radar, a shortened 45-over game.

Bat or bowl first?

Batting First should be the only Option Pakistan is not chasing anything under lights.

I'm so happy Zaman Khan gets his game.

Everyone listen up, today you will see why I have been advocating this man, just watch and learn. The criticisms better end today 😪.
I rate Zaman. I think a lot of us do.

Forgive us if we don't see him as Malcom Marshall reincarnate tho 🙂

Playing Cricket during the rainy season in Lanka. This was obviously gonna happen before the tournament started. Would have had a good tourny had they played in the UAE now this match could turn in to a 20-20 contest with the rain coming and going all day.

Please if we win the toss then bat. This is what Lanka will do.

Playing Cricket during the rainy season in Lanka. This was obviously gonna happen before the tournament started. Would have had a good tourny had they played in the UAE now this match could turn in to a 20-20 contest with the rain coming and going all day.
Chill. We won't have a result looking at the forecast.

This is the same pitch as SL v BAN, where SL successfully defended 257.

glad zaman khan is playing
he plays in my Pakistani team on cricket 22 and is hell of a bowler

This is the weakest pak team ever? Never change pp 🙂
We have no spinners, no middle order, no power hitters, our best batsman is a goner it seems and our captain is brainless and weak. Our fielding is unpredictable and our 2 best bowlers get spanked when under pressure. Otherwise we seem strong.....

This is the same pitch as SL v BAN, where SL successfully defended 257.
Geez that pitch was tricky. It took a blinder from Samarawickrama to post that total, and I don't see anybody in our lineup capable of that kind of knock given current form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back