Aus v Northants | 3 Day Tour Match | Ashes 2009

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Normally I wouldn't start a thread about a tour match, but I'm curious to see how MJ and Hughesy are going. Looks like Hughes got out for 10 again. Twatson unbeaten on 35 with Hussey 8. That useless fool Krapich threw his wicket away :po:

OZGOD said:
Normally I wouldn't start a thread about a tour match, but I'm curious to see how MJ and Hughesy are going. Looks like Hughes got out for 10 again. Twatson unbeaten on 35 with Hussey 8. That useless fool Krapich threw his wicket away :po:

Ozgod bro why so angry? Watson's playing pretty well ... Hughes has failed again do you think Watson will open in the 3rd test if he does well here ... and why call him twatson? you not like him for some reason? ... no Haddin, Ponting, M Clarke or Hilfenhaus ... whats that about? ... just saw the dismissals ... hughes done by a short ball again ... but Kasprow looks like he got a good one

Last edited:
Its high time you give respect to Krapich(oops!), your most reliable batsman for the last 2 year!!!

Twatson = latte sipping bananabender idiot who looks like he's about to cry when he gets smacked around the park. What's the point of being able to bat and bowl if you're not good enough at either?

Krapich - useless fool who can't bat, can't bowl, can't field, throws like a girl, runs like a headless chook between the wickets and has a funny looking head. He has been playing ok though for some strange reason. I'm still waiting for when he'll be found out though.

Last edited:
Is that the Panesar team? The Irish international is captaining the team so atleast someone is there other than Keppler Wessels son

OZGOD said:
Krapich - useless fool who can't bat, can't bowl, can't field, throws like a girl, runs like a headless chook between the wickets and has a funny looking head. He has been playing ok though for some strange reason. I'm still waiting for when he'll be found out though.
He's a nice bloke....

OZGOD said:
Twatson = latte sipping bananabender idiot who looks like he's about to cry when he gets smacked around the park. What's the point of being able to bat and bowl if you're not good enough at either?

:)) ok you made you're point but i always though katich was a decent player

Twatson out for 84 cowlashing. He must've thought it was an IPL match

just saw some highlights on Sky, Hughes out to another short ball to someone i've never heard of before

Wow Philips Hughes has some serious problems with the short ball. He's an easy wicket for anyone who can even bowl a decent bounchr near or at his head.

He definitely will have to spend time in the nets with that short ball otherwise he can kiss his career goodbye.

Hussey on 45, Marcus North doing a Dravid 1 off 22 balls

is it a good idea to have a tour match in between international matches of same series?

SAM'S said:
is it a good idea to have a tour match in between international matches of same series?

Absolutely. There should be more of them, in fact. I miss the old style tours when the counties would get up at the chance to play the Australians. Back then these weren't used just as training fixtures, people actually wanted to win them. Now they're just used for batting and bowling practise.

I thought North was a new young player. But in commentary it says he has 132 first class matches. So probably 12 a year (Aus + Eng county if playing there) - that is 11 years of cricket

He is almost 30 now
http://www.cricinfo.com/engvaus2009/content/current/player/6943.html
Major teams Australia, Australia A, Derbyshire, Durham, Durham Cricket Board, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Lancashire, Western Australia

Katich is one of the finest batsmen around.

Exquisite timing and very graceful.

Probably the best opener in the world and could become one of the greatest that has ever been.

Uzi said:
Katich is one of the finest batsmen around.

Exquisite timing and very graceful.

Probably the best opener in the world and could become one of the greatest that has ever been.
I sincerely hope you are saying that with tongue firmly in cheek.

watson would be demolished by england...i expect harmy to come back in place of onions

attack would be flintoff harmy anderson swann and broad

pun500 said:
watson would be demolished by england...i expect harmy to come back in place of onions

attack would be flintoff harmy anderson swann and broad

Didn't Onion do pretty well in the recent Ashes match?!

mmkextreme_1 said:
Didn't Onion do pretty well in the recent Ashes match?!
no he was ordinary it was flintoff and anderson....onions is a good trier but he is the donkey load kind of bowler not the harmy kind who could blow aussies away

Hughes done by the short ball once again.

Definitely a problem for him and Australia don't have a reserve opener either.

12thMan said:
I thought North was a new young player. But in commentary it says he has 132 first class matches. So probably 12 a year (Aus + Eng county if playing there) - that is 11 years of cricket

He is almost 30 now
http://www.cricinfo.com/engvaus2009/content/current/player/6943.html
Major teams Australia, Australia A, Derbyshire, Durham, Durham Cricket Board, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Lancashire, Western Australia

He's another Mike Hussey though his numbers are not quite as impressive - played for a decade, amassed heaps of first class runs (nearly 10,000), scored 25 first class centuries, highest score of 239*. Couldn't get a look into the OZ side with the likes of the Waughs, Ponting, Lehmann, Martyn, then Hussey etc all ahead of him. Now he has his chance.

BTW Hussey on 75 and North on 32 at stumps. Hopefully they declare or retire out soon and we can have a look at MJ and Clark in a bowl-off.

It took me forever to realise where I had seen Marcus North first, I was sure I had heard/seen him before and indeed I had.

He was the captain for WA when Umar Gul was playing for them and at the end of this clip he gives his view of Guls four wickets.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrMyz-YC79o&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrMyz-YC79o&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Yep, Marcus North is the captain of the Sandgropers.

So MJ took no wickets for 42 in 7 overs. Apparently he didn't spray it around this time but he didn't trouble the batsmen either. MJ's position in the side is now only based on potential form rather than real form as he's a clear distant third in terms of our quicks at the moment (behind Hilf and Siddle). Hilf has been good but to be fair he's hardly been a Damien Fleming - in a way he's been made to look good because the other blokes haven't been that impressive. He still has his best ahead of him and in time I'm sure he will get to that level, but he's having to carry this attack which he can't yet do.

MJ is really in the worst position in the world - out of form as the spearhead of a misfiring attack in the biggest Test series in the world one nil down. He looks like the kind of bloke who plays well when the pressure and focus is not on him - he looks like he's trying way too hard, listening to too many people and getting himself confused. Every failure is another weight added onto his shoulders. I saw the highlights of the 2nd Test and he didn't look like he was having fun at all. He has talent for sure but we don't have time for him to get himself right. We can't really afford to lose another Test.

Right now we have 2 erratic bowlers in Siddle and MJ who are both spraying it around with the new ball. At the very least if you're not taking wickets or moving the ball you should at least not be getting hit around like a buffet bowler - our inability to stop them from scoring 4+rpo an innings is what's really killing us right now. We need someone who can keep things tight at least. Stu Clark has to play at Edgbaston and the only question will be who he will replace - it should really be MJ based on form but I think Siddle will be the one to miss out.

The other question is what to do with Hughes - he may have given himself a stay of execution with his half century but to be honest he was hardly facing a world class attack. By that same token Twatson's T20 style 81 was also achieved against the same bowling attack, but Twatson at least offers a "bowling" option. But I don't think they'll mess with the top 6 at this point, our batting has been good so far aside from the brain fart at Lords.

My guess will be that Clark will come in for Siddle, the rest of the side unchanged. Bit unfair on Siddle, but he needed to take his opportunities better.

OZGOD said:
Yep, Marcus North is the captain of the Sandgropers.

So MJ took no wickets for 42 in 7 overs. Apparently he didn't spray it around this time but he didn't trouble the batsmen either. MJ's position in the side is now only based on potential form rather than real form as he's a clear distant third in terms of our quicks at the moment (behind Hilf and Siddle). Hilf has been good but to be fair he's hardly been a Damien Fleming - in a way he's been made to look good because the other blokes haven't been that impressive. He still has his best ahead of him and in time I'm sure he will get to that level, but he's having to carry this attack which he can't yet do.

MJ is really in the worst position in the world - out of form as the spearhead of a misfiring attack in the biggest Test series in the world one nil down. He looks like the kind of bloke who plays well when the pressure and focus is not on him - he looks like he's trying way too hard, listening to too many people and getting himself confused. Every failure is another weight added onto his shoulders. I saw the highlights of the 2nd Test and he didn't look like he was having fun at all. He has talent for sure but we don't have time for him to get himself right. We can't really afford to lose another Test.

Right now we have 2 erratic bowlers in Siddle and MJ who are both spraying it around with the new ball. At the very least if you're not taking wickets or moving the ball you should at least not be getting hit around like a buffet bowler - our inability to stop them from scoring 4+rpo an innings is what's really killing us right now. We need someone who can keep things tight at least. Stu Clark has to play at Edgbaston and the only question will be who he will replace - it should really be MJ based on form but I think Siddle will be the one to miss out.

The other question is what to do with Hughes - he may have given himself a stay of execution with his half century but to be honest he was hardly facing a world class attack. By that same token Twatson's T20 style 81 was also achieved against the same bowling attack, but Twatson at least offers a "bowling" option. But I don't think they'll mess with the top 6 at this point, our batting has been good so far aside from the brain fart at Lords.

My guess will be that Clark will come in for Siddle, the rest of the side unchanged. Bit unfair on Siddle, but he needed to take his opportunities better.
i think thers huge problems for australia, your gonna go in to the third test with the unwanted if on hughes, and johnson, personally i'd drop johnson for clark, and drop north for watson, more bowling power

OZ God and RA. Its funny how you guys keep making fun of Katich BUT time and time again he made the runs for you guys.

Australia should bring in both David Hussey and Stuart Clark.

Back