The Ashes | 5th Test | Sydney | Day 1 | 3/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
noooooooooooooooooo rizzkhan jinxed him
swann 1st over of his spell

If eng wins this test and SA lose to india, both Eng and SA will be tied second on 115 rating points.

chorr yar Khawja .... should have taken Swan to the cleaners right away .... why u shattered under pressure ???

If eng wins this test and SA lose to india, both Eng and SA will be tied second on 115 rating points.

no eng will be 113 and south africa 108. India will be 128. england number 2 with 113, srilanka 109 , south africa 108 ,australia 98.

Last edited:
another below par performance on the cards now from the Aussies...

He started in a spectacular fashion but then went into a shell. I wonder why.

He looks stronger on the leg side, a little suspect outside offstump like all Pakistanis.

But his technique looks solid, and plays with soft hands.

I enjoyed what I saw of the day. Four wickets at two an over is a decent return from 60 overs.

We don't want to let them run away with it tomorrow. It's an earlier start then usual, so that should aid the bowlers. 280-300 will be a working total on this pitch IMO, even if it does flatten out as England hope it will. We just have to pin them down and try and bowl them out as soon as possible. I reckon we can bowl them out for 200-220 if we're really bloody good. However, this could just as easily turn into a huge 350 if we're not careful.

Courage Whippsta!!!

There's no weak link in our bowling now. All out for 250, we'll pile on 400 and then Swanny will bust 'em up as the track deteriorates.

I would like to be batting by teatime. In this situation, once again the game will be England's to lose for the fourth test match in a row.

Excellent day for england, Despite Aussies getting off to a solid start they played pretty slowly and never got away and once you start to lose wickets your in trouble. Bresnan and tremlett bowled pretty well today.

England should look for early wickets tomorrow and could get the Aussies out for 200 odd which would really heap more pressure on them.

Good day by England. Only one real batsman left really in Hussey.

Last edited:
Courage Whippsta!!!

There's no weak link in our bowling now. All out for 250, we'll pile on 400 and then Swanny will bust 'em up as the track deteriorates.
Yep, because finn's out the team :D

Funny how people have suddenly stopped oohing and aahing over finn. No one even clamored for his inclusion in the final test even.

He's now if I'm right the 4th best bowler (only swann has a slightly higher average than finn out of the main bowlers) on tour really in terms of bowling averages, all Bresnan, tremlett and Anderson above him. Even with a strike rate of 46.1, He still averages in this tour 33.14. Which is nothing special. It's ok.http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...wling_by_team.html?id=5540;team=1;type=series

As I said, keep on the pressure and Aussies will fall like flies. No need for the freakishly taking wickets while giving up a boundary every over bowler. :))

Last edited:
Clarke's failure was even more abject than I expected.

Clarke's failure was even more abject than I expected.

He seems to want to continue to play same aggresive way and hope something clicks for him. Hes been to loose in his stroke play all series and england have bowled well to him.

Something needs to change in his mindset.

Clarke is a pretty good player but I don't think he's recovered from Asif tying him in knots!

P.S. I will only rate Bresnan in tests if he succeeds v India at home!

Didn't see any of the days play as I was in transit but two wickets too many I reckon. Concentration is still an issue.

A handful more wickets in the overcast and extended morning session, and Australia will be pretty much jiggered.

At the risk of sounding like a tool later, Clarke should have bowled first.

Didn't see much of the play yesterday, so I'm currently watching the highlights. Two random thoughts to start with.

1. The Bob Willis smile that always greets the camera when the programme starts is sinister and disturbing.
2. Michael Clarke is just not right as the Australian captain. At the toss, in interviews, in the dressing room, in the middle - something isn't quite right about him in the role.

Yep, because finn's out the team :D

Funny how people have suddenly stopped oohing and aahing over finn. No one even clamored for his inclusion in the final test even.

He's now if I'm right the 4th best bowler (only swann has a slightly higher average than finn out of the main bowlers) on tour really in terms of bowling averages, all Bresnan, tremlett and Anderson above him. Even with a strike rate of 46.1, He still averages in this tour 33.14. Which is nothing special.

He's a young lad who doesn't have a grooved action yet, which is why he bowls so many four-balls. In two or three years when his action stabilises he'll be tearing up trees.

I hope they drop clarke after this series from all forms of the game...
He has become a bad, selfish crickter...

He seems to want to continue to play same aggresive way and hope something clicks for him. Hes been to loose in his stroke play all series and england have bowled well to him.

Something needs to change in his mindset.

It's not only his form that is down in the dumps, it's his public image. He was roundly booed to the wicket today, at home, as the captain. What's wrong with this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back