The Ashes | 5th Test | Sydney | Day 1 | 3/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mom and dad look very nervous. She is praying. Aah. :(

Really hope he can score big today.

Khawaja's mom and dad look nervous. lol

nice start to his test career. Hope he makes big!

When your parents back you then you never fail in life. Even if he gets out early today he has done them proud.

Pulled with intent by Watson. Nice shot.

Will be interesting to see how Khawaja fares against Swann. Very few left handers are comfortable against him. But so far he looks solid against quality pace.

Last edited:
I have a flight to catch in a few hours but I am still awake watching this game just for Khawaja :)

great scenes in the crowd. his mom is sitting there and praying for him. and after every ball he survives she does shukr. Pakistani moms... :) no matter if ure in pakistan, norway, uk or australia. no matter what u do in ur life, they will always pray for u no matter what :)

kind of puts it all in a perspective and makes u think about life :)

lol. chalo back 2 the cricket

His poor warm up game against england had me a bit nervous. But seems good so far.

I remember he was close to if not then top scorer. We ran riot against a lot of their players but he looked very comfortable against Anwar Ali and co opening the batting.

Didn't look comfortable against Tremmys short pitched bowling. But his real test is when he faces Swann! Come on Strauss, get him in :warne

awww nice of watson to let usman go first :D

edit: im in sydney but it doesnt look like its about to rain anytime soon :/

but i live about 20 minutes from the stadium

preventative rain delay???? first time i've seen this in my life!!!

Yep the lights done the job, players coming back on. Not good for the batsmen. They should have turned the lights on while they were playing.

should have taken a drinks break or something....just a waste of time sending the players off then bringing them back

How unprofessional... Someone forgot to turn on the lights :))

Here we go again. Still waiting for Khawaja vs Swann.

i mean he is pakistani, how dare him to show this kind of temperament, how dare of him to play upto his potential, how dare of him not to try to hit ever delivery out of Park. Pakistani ko badnaam kar raha hai, oh he has Australian citizenship.

I have a flight to catch in a few hours but I am still awake watching this game just for Khawaja :)

great scenes in the crowd. his mom is sitting there and praying for him. and after every ball he survives she does shukr. Pakistani moms... :) no matter if ure in pakistan, norway, uk or australia. no matter what u do in ur life, they will always pray for u no matter what :)

kind of puts it all in a perspective and makes u think about life :)

lol. chalo back 2 the cricket

lol i like ur PP name (anakwalajinn)

not an amazing delivery but in the 'business area' and a huge wicket.

Aus are on top here though. However, if England cna snap up Clarke and Hussey soon they would feel on top.

if it's not swinging conventionally, i guess the slightly wet outfield (non-abrasive) and non-abrasive wicket won't aid reverse swing?

To damp and overcast with a soft outfield. Maybe can't get the ball to stay dry enough?

Rain stop play. Usman K has played really well. Kept away from the strik bowlers and has been solid.

Watson scores 397 runs at an average of 44+ with 3 fifties in this Ashes. But the amazing thing is that he didn't get any century!

So how does Usman look?

Does he have good technique, or does he have great hand-eye coordination?

So how does Usman look?

Does he have good technique, or does he have great hand-eye coordination?

Definitely good technique, not sure about hand-eye.

Interesting because we usually associate players with good had-eye that have a poor techniques.

I don't feel comfortable with such a long interval. It's a killer for the batsmen. All their getting "warmed up" effort goes into vain when such a long interval occurs and the batsman has to start from ZERO all over again while the bowlers gets all rested up and ready to fire again.

Best of Luck Khawaja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back