The Ashes | 5th Test | Sydney | Day 1 | 3/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes being tested still with legside attack. England should have a leg gulley and slip here i think.

uffff, Tremlett!

bowling like :asif but at 140 ks per hour!

England call for inside edge and caught, :aleemdar says no.

England giving Aussie no easy runs here! A reversing of roles from past series.

Opners Stop wasting my time. Get Out ! I want to see Khawaja so i can then go for sleep

Single for watson, needs to work on his legside stroke play.

England have worked to good bowling plans all series against Aussies batsmen and thats deserves sucess.

Aus 14/0

ohhh, bat pad almost in business there!

just short of him.

Decent thing for england is swanns not bowled that well all series but the likes of anderson, tremlett and Bresnan have stepped up and done a job for england. Sign of a good team.

13 wkts in 2 Tests for Tremlett.

outstanding stuff.

Aus 20/0

No major alarms for Aussies at moment.

stifled appeal there, was there an edge?

Strauss doesn't review it.

and then :four

Hughes cracks one thru wid mid off, super shot.

Hughes has done well sat in and been patient and now has 8 runs in 2 balls.

Tremlett still getting ball to swing, something anderson nor bresnan has done so far in this match.

There has been some rubbish from Bresnan. He's the kind of person that's good on a lively pitch like the MCG or a slow pitch where you need to bowl wicket-wicket.

I don't think he's the best man for England's attack in tests: once Broad is back, England will have a brilliant attack.

thickish inside edge, ball goes thru midwicket, 3 more for Watto.

and then Hughes squared up again, falls short of gully!

Good start from Aus. Got through the first hour. Batting may finally fire this time. Uzzy has to wait.

Tremlett looks the most likely to take a wicket and Anderson has been very good, relying on the inswinger as it's not swinging away from the right-hander too much today: maybe it's the end he's bowling from as Tremlett is getting swing into Hughes?

Swann will have to ball well today as Bresnan's not going to be too threatening.

Aussies have got through 1st hour unscathed which will be a relief for them.

Watto hit on the pad for the umpteenth time.

Judging by 1st hour and where england have bowled i think they need to pitch the ball up half a yard more and try and make the Aussie batsmen drive a lot more.

The ball seems to be jagging in off the seam at the end where Asif caused carnage last year.

Anderson and Bresnan could just try and be a touch fuller for their stock deliveries here. Tremlett has been full and effective.

Jimmy brought back from Tremlett's end.

should get some more seam from this side.

:four

half-volley, drilled past mid-off by Hughes.

Perfect- full on off-stump is where Hughes doesn't want it- if it swings in he'll be lbw/bowled- if it doesn't he'll squeeze it to gully.

definitely something extra there for Jimmy, just needs to be a bit more accurate.

England have been unlucky here.

In other news, Azhar Ali has gone for 15, lbw.

down the ground 3 more for Hughes.

playing with a lot more authority now.

This match is Australias. Good start by both teams though

Bit too early to say that, given what's happened this series.

I feel if Hughes gets comfortable, time for round the wicket with some short ones/leg gully and to ensure he can't leave any and he'll eventually fish for one and nick it.

aka shane warne of old, eng should bring on swann for a wicket here

Aus 54/0 Solid start but they havent got away from england here.

swann needs to slow down here and give the ball more air also, his lines havent been greatest so far.

No...thatd be too much pressure for khawaja. Let the total get
Past atleast 100

Usman's family will be on the cricket show with channel 9. Stream it if you got sky.

Great session for Australia, slow but none down.

what u mean ? I just staying up to watch him bat:yk:yk

No didn't want him coming in for a couple of mins. Lunch now so he will come in at 10mins past the hour and take these poms to the cleaners!!!!

Watch the cricket show, he and his family should be on soon.

Looks like you guys are very tense about khawja. If he get a golden duck, what will be your reaction! Don't know why but I also want this guy make a good score.

Khwaja on fire. First boundary in test cricket for him and a cracking one

What a shot that was from Khawaja!

Fantastic.

Last edited:
I hope watson keeps the scoreboard ticking as well, without losing his brain that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back