Australia v England | 2nd Ashes Test | Adelaide | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
Around 2 hours to go till the start.

England yet to really have a good day in this series.

If today turns out to be bad one, the series could be as good as over.

Australia will fancy chipping away and would probably be happy with around 5 wickets today, England on the other hand are really up against it, even if they score 450 they will still concede a lead of 120 odd and knowing Clarke he will declare second time around with plenty overs still to go.

450 is a long long way away though.

Really hope England show some fight today. Otherwise this ashes is going to be a damp squib.

The experienced trio of KP, Bell and Prior need to come to the party.

This is a make or break day for England in terms of staying in the series IMO. They need to bat England firstly past the follow on target, into safety, and secondly to a position where they can win the game, meaning they will have to bat fast. I wouldn't be looking at just drawing the game, I'd be looking for them to win it. It's not uncommon to concede a first innings deficit in Adelaide and still win.

The run rate will tell us what their plans are - safety first or try and win the game. There aren't really any demons in the wicket and given the way Full Monty and Swann were carted around Garry probably isn't going to do much better.

This match is in dire need of a KP special. What a borefest, once KP retires it will be hard to watch England bat. These batsman are making Misbah proud.

Root :out for 15 top edged sweep taken by Buck Rogers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Root survives the hostile stuff from Johnson and top edges one of Lyon..gone for 15

A very poor shot from Root here. He did all the hard work and then threw it away.

Joe Root threw it away.

Understandable as he is young.

He won't get dropped due to this. Imagine if it was a Pakistani cricketer who done this!

Joe Root threw it away.

He won't get dropped due to this. Imagine if it was a Pakistani cricketer who done this!

What is there to imagine? It happens all the time.

Kevinder :out for 4 tried to flick it to onside again Sid has him again

Bell has to play rearguard already and it's not even halfway thru the morning session

Joe Root threw it away.

People would have called for his head and ask for a senior to replace the youngsta beauty :dav

England will lose this no doubt in my mind just a matter of time.

Terrible shots by both KP and Root.

Even Bell looks nervous ha ha

mental integration at its best

Siddle is pumped up

Really rubbish stuff by Root and KP. Thrown England in a dire situation.

England should only be 1 down so far.

Thats 50 for carberry. Good effort

Bells started positively smashing Lyon around the ground

Beautiful footwork from Sherminator

They should have batted like this from the beginning, too little too late IMO.

Bell needs to get a double really but Carberry looking good now still think Lyon will get him.

England batting much more positively now.

They should have done this earlier.

Good battle going on.

another text book shot by Bell for 4.

Another spell be MJ to try to break this partnership before lunch?

England batting for a draw. Someone needs to tell them they are 1 down in the series. Defensive batting tactics just as their fielding tactics. Poor play by England they need to realise just by defending defending they not going to runs for free even the bad balls they don't put away. Where is the aggression gone as they had in 2005 onwards but last year or 2 they seem a complete different side the before.

England batting for a draw. Someone needs to tell them they are 1 down in the series. Defensive batting tactics just as their fielding tactics. Poor play by England they need to realise just by defending defending they not going to runs for free even the bad balls they don't put away. Where is the aggression gone as they had in 2005 onwards but last year or 2 they seem a complete different side the before.
Not possible to win. Would have to score 770 to have a target and somehow have enough time to bowl the Aussies out.

Draw is realistic.

Twatson takes a wicket Carberry :out fantastic catch from Warner

what a catch from Warner...Carberry gone...now 5 maidens in a row

Who is devising Englands game plan here? They are looking hopeless

Warne thinks Mark Waugh was the best fielder in any position

M. Waugh was the best slip fielder, some of his catches were amazing

Great catch by Warner. Looking good here. Just need to get Bell

Bad time for England team to be playing..almost the whole team is out of form

Bad time for England team to be playing..almost the whole team is out of form

As far as batting is concerned, they haven't crossed 400 in an inning for a long time. It's mainly their toothless bowling which is making them look worse than they are. Except Broad, no one has looked threatening in 3 innings so far.

I still think that if Eng can dig deep , they can put up a good fight in this test. Wickets has absolutely nothing in it and all wickets were due to poor shot selections. Eng is not looking to rotate the strike. Then pressure builds up and you get not so good shots.

Well if prior is going to get back to the normal prior form this is the pitch for him to do it on.

We recovered from 3-4 poor shots from our top order so yeah i agree england are still well in this, pitch is dead but the shot selection from many bats on both sides has been poor.

Not possible to win. Would have to score 770 to have a target and somehow have enough time to bowl the Aussies out.

Draw is realistic.

Yes but by being so defensive it's getting them no where as always if they had abit of positive intent then they could've avoided a follow on but thanks to their tuk tuk tactic they will follow on and loose again.

This is how the english play with the bat. They take their time to pile on the runs. Only Kp is the real aggressor. They have been put under pressure by a poor bowling effort.

MJ takes another! Prior gone for a duck England 6 down

Two throat balls then the out swinger takes the edge

If we can roll them for below 200 it's game over

Ah, Is Eng going to cross even 200 here or not? It's as flat pitch as you can get.

Broad whinging about the sun shining on the sight screen. He wants everyone to wait till the sun moves

Johnson on fire here.

Broad waited for that long for this, LOL

More time spent waiting for the sun to move than the actual delivery. Inspired spell from Jonno again he's on a hatrick

Bell has to go into survival mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back