Australia v England | 2nd Ashes Test | Adelaide | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattinson is better than Sidds.
Sidds is a great workhorse but a bit vanilla and probably not good enough to be first choice and an A grade attack.

We wouldn't have 4 pacers because a 5 man pace attack is a bad idea and Garry complements the attack well.
You're assuming Watto will bowl? :))

SA would eat Lyon alive in SA.

Last edited:
Cummins is well away and Starc isn't good enough.

But ideally Harris, Pattinson and Johnson in South Africa

Dont agree, will concede too many runs. This attack is perfectly balanced, keep it until someone gets injured.

Aus shouldn't enforce the f/o me thinks.

Aus shouldn't enforce the f/o me thinks.

They won't. Wicket is flat so it make sense to give fast bowlers some break. Aus can simply come bat like ODI for 40 overs or so and add 200 runs.

Jonno comes back and takes 2 balls to take the last wicket 7-40 England dismissed for 172, OZ lead by 398

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a performance Johnson. Amazing. 7 fer, under 200 all out on a very flat pitch.

Now if Eng can't bat against Johnson in their second inning then it will be really embarrassing for them and I don't see them doing well in the next test where wicket will be lot faster.

They won't. Wicket is flat so it make sense to give fast bowlers some break. Aus can simply come bat like ODI for 40 overs or so and add 200 runs.

Yeah especially given the Perth Test is only a few days after this one. Bit too risky.

OZ will be batting again it's been confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fight from monty and real class from bell, who would have thought just a few years ago ian bell would be the big wicket when playing england?

Stunned by that johnson spell, on a pitch that flat it must be up with one of the all time great spells of quick bowling.

Us batting again has nothing to do with this game and everything to do with the next game.

Yep i think it's the right move, keep england out for another 45-50 overs and try to break them before perth.

Sensible decision to bat . 40 overs left today . play for 20 overs on day 4 & give a target of 575 in 160 overs .

Inspired spell from Jonno has turned the match completely Australia's way now. Can't see the Poms getting back even for a draw. The OZ will pile on another 200+ runs and make them chase 600+ in 2 days

Sensible decision to bat . 40 overs left today . play for 20 overs on day 4 & give a target of 575 in 160 overs .

So we score 180 runs in just 20 overs?

Easy game this test cricket.

It may be a good idea to put Eng again today for few overs. Eng will absolutely hate to bat for few overs today. Unless Eng bats out of their skin, I don't see them chasing 500 runs in the last inning. But, Aus may bat 15 overs tomorrow as well to deflate Eng totally.

It will be interesting to see how Eng bowlers react after having to bowl so soon again after bowling that much earlier.

Last edited:
Another 100 runs should do it. That should leave Aus with around 20 overs to bowl at Eng today.

I'll take Siddle over those 3 any day.

Harris and Johnson with the new ball, Siddle is the better third choice bowler.

Yes you need a workhorse and Sid fills that role perfectly, bit like Kasper did during the McGrath/Gillespie days. What will likely happen is that Patto and Harris will share that other spot based on Harris' fitness.

Most people who come up with these calculations have T20 in mind. It doesn't really have much bearing on reality. But I think he was talking of batting into day 4.

Jimmy gets Rogers to feather one, OZ 1-4

Polly not a bad outcome that Watson is in early. I would have opened with Warner and Watson given the situation.

Thus far the players I thought would fail have failed. Just need Smith to get a duck too

I'm sure Pup will have a few choice words to Twatto as he comes out

Aus should just bat normally for few overs. Everyone doesn't have to bat like Warner.

That was a truly woeful shot from Twatson. Not a shot of a player who is batting at first drop. It's not T20 son

I think Aus have enough runs on the board any ways. Eng are in deep carp.

Yah, but piling on more on Eng's misery should be the goal right now to totally deflate them.

Yes they do, but it's about momentum and psychology. It's about scoring runs in a matter than contrasts with England's struggle to get to 170, then declaring the innings closed at a time of their choosing. The worst thing would be to get the Pom bowlers back in form, scratch around for 150 or so and then get bowled out. Don't need to give them confidence - need to kick them while they are down.

Most people who come up with these calculations have T20 in mind. It doesn't really have much bearing on reality. But I think he was talking of batting into day 4.

yeah i read it to quick, thought he meant call them in after 20 overs.

my bad.

After 4 years of working so hard to make the Ashes ours, looks like they'll be gone in 4 weeks!

Credit to the Aussies for outplaying us completely. Johnno brings them to another level.

I would have made us follow on. Drive in the final nail.

I can understand making us bat again at Brisbane, but there was an opportunity for a crushing innings win here.

Aussies should bat till Lunch tomorrow.

need to tire out England bowlers

Batting till Lunch will be too much. There are some shower predictions as well so no need to bat for that long time.

I would have made us follow on. Drive in the final nail.

I can understand making us bat again at Brisbane, but there was an opportunity for a crushing innings win here.

Mitch bowled 17 overs today in two sessions. I guess they gave him a rest..

Funny how things change.. who would have thought Johnson would become the spearhead..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back