Australia v New Zealand | 1st Test-Day 3 | Gabba | 21/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Taylor is a fine player

I am New Zealand cricket is also a potentially very good player

come s. africa v aus series, i reckon s. africa will have problems of their own, apart from steyn i'm not convinced with their attack, morkels radar is making harmison look like mcgrath, ntini looks toothless, and the spinner well more like crap left arm, i reckon a easy win for australia

Kiwis were still in game at 134/4 but losing two more wickets to end 143/6 should mean game over. Vettori is probably New zealands best batsmen now so there is still hope.

Katich must have played one of his best knocks in Aussie colours today.

Amjid Javed said:
Kiwis were still in game at 134/4 but losing two more wickets to end 143/6 should mean game over. Vettori is probably New zealands best batsmen now so there is still hope.

Katich must have played one of his best knocks in Aussie colours today.

Ross Taylor's their best batsman, even though he tends to give his wicket away at times. He's done really well in this match considering all the carnage thats gone on around him. 44 in the first innings and a not out 50 in this one.

Still a long way to go for New Zealand and it's pretty much in the bag for Aussies as Vettori is the only recognised batsman left alongside Ross Taylor who is on 60 odd not out but with not much support left it's not looking good for the Kiwis at all! It would have been a great start for the Kiwis to go 1-0 up in the series but their batsmen couldn't apply themselves to the conditions aswell as Katich did it second time around!

I guess it shows that the Indian defeat wasnt a minor blip - and that a poor team like NZ can also pose them serious poswers.

Nice time for Pak to play them!!!

What a freakin deadly combination Aussies have deployed once again...rudi and doctrove...the former as unabashedly biased in Australia's favor and the other as incompetent and meek as they come as umpires...poor McCullum and Ryder would not have been given out by any decent and marginally competent umpire in the second innings..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back