Australia v New Zealand | 1st Test-Day 3 | Gabba | 21/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
6/145, Haddin and Krapich at the crease.

thankoos. I can start watching in few minutes otherwise would have waited another 45 min.

Aus needs atleast 100 more

If Krapich somehow manages to score a century I will use his funny looking head as avatar for a week!

I would love to watch some of this, but its Friday night....the moon is shining brightly - all the stars are out.

And its my bedtime!

Nos Da

What's with the muscle shirts the Hobbits are wearing?

Oh by the way OZGOD/ Random Aussie:

Katich. 75 not out

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D .

Katich showing the rest of the batsmen how to bat. Every run must be cutting OZGOD :D

Vettori bowls BraHa with a lovely ball.

Another failure for our not so gun wicketkeeper batsman

Katich dropped off Vettori. a difficult chance at short leg but should have been taken
Aus 167-7 - lead of 225
Katich I think on 86

replay says not so difficult. Ryder was trying too much there

Last edited:
If Ryder wasn't so fat he'd have taken that!

Geez I may end up having to use Krapich as my avatar! :eek:

Lee 7 bowled by Vettori
Aus 186-8 - lead of 244
Katich on 98

Last edited:
Haha...from the cross angle it seemed like Lee laid an egg and it hit the wickets.

OZGOD said:
If Krapich somehow manages to score a century I will use his funny looking head as avatar for a week!
LULZ!!

Nice hundred by Katich in a cruch situation.

Take this. Atleast he isnt representing Australia on this one.

photo.cms

Must be really mixed to see a player you feel is not good enough to play for your country doing so well. In my view Katich is so boring to watch but on this pitch he really has delivered the goods. He has done well where Hayden, Ponting and co have failed. He is definately one who can play a long patient innings.

OK, never let it be said that I didn't man up after losing a wager (even if the wager was with myself). But as you see I managed to find a way to lessen the impact of looking at his funny looking head!

Savak said:
Must be really mixed to see a player you feel is not good enough to play for your country doing so well. In my view Katich is so boring to watch but on this pitch he really has delivered the goods. He has done well where Hayden, Ponting and co have failed. He is definately one who can play a long patient innings.

Katich proving us wrong these days. 4 100's in 8 Tests since being recalled.

Dare I say Krapich will be the MOM if Aus go on to win ??

The swing and seam has decreased and I think NZ should be able to chase down under 350
Would love to see NZ beat Aus as it will really close the gap in ICC rating between India & Aus

Any one got any streaming links ?

Couch Cricketer said:
The swing and seam has decreased and I think NZ should be able to chase down under 350
Would love to see NZ beat Aus as it will really close the gap in ICC rating between India & Aus

Absolutely...and would also go on to prove that India didn't do anything special :)))

Khabri420 said:
Absolutely...and would also go on to prove that India didn't do anything special :)))

For this reason India will be backing us. After their victory against us they'll be wanting us to thrash every other team lol. :D

Krapich is batting us to a pretty good position, but geez he is BORING to watch.

Khabri420 said:
Bubbles, who dat in your avatar?

Krapich. I lost a bet with myself.

Oh you meant Bub. It kind of looks like Manny Pacqiao (the boxer).

Krapich is not a terrible player, but he's so ANNOYING to watch. :20:
I think the pitch has flattened out. Aussies are gonna regret not playing Krejza (even though I dont rate him), cause its bouncing around.

Elliott on. Lash this pie thrower, Krapich! Get your strike rate up a bit son.

Strike rate of around 53 isn't that bad according to Krapich standards isn't it?

Couch Cricketer said:

Have you ever watched New Zealand play Tests? They cannot chase 350 any time (unless it is a one day game against us in which case easy)

bublubhuyan said:
Eddie Guerrero. He was one of my favorite pro wrestlers who passed away in 2005.
Good wrestler. Super juic'a tho.

MJ has decided it's cowlashing time. 6 and then a 2 that lands metres inside the rope.

OZGOD said:
For this reason India will be backing us. After their victory against us they'll be wanting us to thrash every other team lol. :D

NZ won't win this, Katich Johnson pair has taken it well beyond their reach but I am sure South Africa will be watching with interest and licking their fingers.

Yeah...I don't see new zealand chasing this. But anyway...not aussies best performance.

I love tests on wickets with something for the bowlers. Take note indians. Grinding out a win by being preparing a flat crumbling pitch and being lucky enough to win the toss is no great achievement.

saffer said:
Yeah...I don't see new zealand chasing this. But anyway...not aussies best performance.

No, it's been a woeful performance from the OZ batting. Gave their wickets away.

So 326 to win. If McCullum shows intent, and fires, they can win. And he has to score big, ie, 150+

saffer said:
I love tests on wickets with something for the bowlers. Take note indians. Grinding out a win by being preparing a flat crumbling pitch and being lucky enough to win the toss is no great achievement.
It's not our fault your hapless batsmen cant play spin!! You don't see indians b!tch!ng about your pitches.

TruSachFan said:
It's not our fault your hapless batsmen cant play spin!! You don't see indians b!tch!ng about your pitches.

No you are too busy bitching about umpires, match referees, sledging, racism and all that :batman:

saffer said:
Since when did you start winning matches against Australia even on batsman friendly tracks ? Your last Test win against them was back in 2002, and last series victory in 1970 :)))
India have defeated Australia in their own den multiple times since their domination started. Not to mention the laughable averages of your batsmen against Australia.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
No you are too busy bitching about umpires, match referees, sledging, racism and all that :batman:
RAcism? Let's not even get there! Match referees? I'm not even gonna bother.

Meanwhile, Lee claims his 300th wicket.:)

NZ 2/30. Anyone have a link? My stream went down.

saffer said:
Winning the toss and batting first like in Kanpur?

Wat a difference a series at home makes for the likes of clark, lee, johnson. In India, Lee blamed his pathetic bowling on food poisoning. And now, after taking wickets of hapless nz batsmen who are sh!t scared against pace, he acts as if he's the best bowler in the world.

TruSachFan said:
Wat a difference a series at home makes for the likes of clark, lee, johnson. In India, Lee blamed his pathetic bowling on food poisoning. And now, after taking wickets of hapless nz batsmen who are sh!t scared against pace, he acts as if he's the best bowler in the world.

How should he act? Maybe he shouldn't celebrate? Maybe after takign a wicket, he should sit down and think. Just think and weep on the pitch on how bad he did in India. Not until he goes back to India, he should not be allowed to celebrate. In fact, he should be fined if he is not seen weeping.

Muppet.

I wanted Aussies to lose this game so that I can join few pakistani fans and say india's series victory against aussies is nothing special. :( Dont worry guys we will have chance to do it sometime in the future. maybe if SA beat Aussies.

Congrats to Lee for his 300th test wicket. I am really happy for him. Good to see an Express fast bowler get 300 test wickets, not many make it to the list.

uscricketer06 said:
I wanted Aussies to lose this game so that I can join few pakistani fans and say india's series victory against aussies is nothing special. :( Dont worry guys we will have chance to do it sometime in the future. maybe if SA beat Aussies.
this pakistani fan is fully rooting for AUS.

Ideally would have liked NZ to have lost by an innings :(

TruSachFan said:

Nice work Harbahajan. Got any more balls to tamper with or players to slap around?

bublubhuyan said:
Requirement for the Black Caps = another 193 runs with 5 wickets remaining.

If it were any side other than NZ (or Banglas) you would say they are a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back