New Zealand v Pakistan | 5th T20I | Christchurch | Jan 21 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
New Zealand and Pakistan are set to face each others for final 5th T20I at Christchurch's Hagley Oval. New Zealand stands on the brink of a series clean sweep, having emerged victorious in all four previous encounters. The Kiwis, in dominant form, are eager to secure another triumph and maintain their unbeaten record in the series.

Reflecting on the recent clash at the same venue, New Zealand's decision to field after winning the toss set the tone. Despite an early wicket with the dismissal of Saim Ayub, Pakistan found stability through the partnership of Babar and Rizwan. Although facing challenges in the middle overs, Mohammed Rizwan's unbeaten 90 propelled Pakistan to a competitive total of 158 runs.

During the Kiwi chase, Pakistani captain Shaheen Afridi showcased his skill in swing bowling, picking up crucial wickets. However, the experience of Glenn Phillips and Daryl Mitchell turned the tide, steering New Zealand to victory with seven wickets in hand and 11 balls to spare.

With this backdrop, New Zealand is poised for the 5th T20I with determination to clinch the match and achieve a perfect series sweep, while Pakistan seeks a turnaround to avoid a series whitewash. The stage is set for an exciting and decisive encounter at Hagley Oval.

When: January 21, 5:00 AM PST

Where: Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Squads:

Pakistan Squad: Pakistan XI: Shaheen Afridi (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Haseebullah Khan, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Sahibzada Farhan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Abbas Afridi, Zaman Khan

New Zealand Squad: Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson(c), Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, Tim Seifert(w), Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Adam Milne,Ben Sears

Can Pakistan avoid a whitewash and win the 5th T20I?

=============================================================

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions
can be added.

Last edited:
Pakistan XI: Shaheen Afridi (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Haseebullah Khan, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Sahibzada Farhan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Abbas Afridi, Zaman Khan

Haris Rauf, Saim Ayub, Mohammad Wasim Jnr have been rested for the fifth T20I and in come Haseebullah Khan, Abbas Afridi and Usama Mir

Wasim Jnr left out?

He must be the most mistreated member of the side right now and it’s not close.

Disappointing to see Saim being dropped. 4-1 or 5-0 makes zero difference in the series but what is important is player development. You need to play Saim every match and find out for sure if he is going to be part of your WC squad or not.

Frankly speaking, Haseebullah doesn't need to be tried at all. He is the 4th WK option behind Rizwan/Haris/Azam and he has no power. That's why it was so inexplicable he was selected in the squad over Haris.

Nice to see a Balochistan player in the 11

But at the same time that is just straight up harsh to Saim Ayub. Saim Ayubs game is to attack from the start, for these types of players they need to be given at least 10 T20i matches

Is Saim dropped for Babar-Rizwan opening pair?

It would be a travesty if that happens and Rizwan Babar fluke a win today.

We would be stuck for this pair in the World Cup also.

Pakistan is doing the opposite what they should do. Dead rubber. SUre shot players for world T20 should be sitting out not fringe players.

Pakistan is doing the opposite what they should do. Dead rubber. SUre shot players for world T20 should be sitting out not fringe players.

They cant sit out.

They want to win one game to prove that Babar Rizwan are best batters in country.

horrible thinking from pak.
1) Ayub should have played. He needs time to develop
2) While I want to develop Haseeb, he should not have been playing, and he should not open. He is too slow. If he has to play, he should come in the middle order, let Fakhar or Farhan open. Even Babar is a better opening option than Haseeb imo
3) Why would you have Mir and Nawaz, we will get TONKED
4) Wasim Jr, was the pick of the bolwers in the 3rd T20, and dropped today, for Mir... who will go at 10 an over

pathetic thinking from shaheen imo

i mean i get the idea of having nawaz and mir in theory, its a used pitch and may spin
but nawaz doesnt get any spin, and mir can't bowl to a proper line and length
so they should have gone with Wasim Jr instead of Mir imo (at least Nawaz can somwhwat bat)

Saim’s biggest mistake in his life is to not sign up with Saya

Haseebullah made the right choice signing up with them

The middle order is taking up the opening duties, and the openers are handling responsibilities in the middle order. I don't know what's wrong with Shaheen and the selection team.

Aaaand just like that yet another promising aggressive batsman is thrown out after just a handful of games chasing insane totals for most of his games.

Brilliant.

Yet Imam with his impctless runs got years of chances in ODIs.

This boatd doesn’t deserve quality batsmen. Deserves snail paced batters who hit good looking 50s that end up in losses.

Sooner this loser cricket board and management goes under the better.

Couldn’t have removed that loser Iftikhar eh?

Aaaand just like that yet another promising aggressive batsman is thrown out after just a handful of games chasing insane totals for most of his games.

Brilliant.

Yet Imam with his impctless runs got years of chances in ODIs.

This boatd doesn’t deserve quality batsmen. Deserves snail paced batters who hit good looking 50s that end up in losses.

Sooner this loser cricket board and management goes under the better.

Couldn’t have removed that loser Iftikhar eh?

honestly, cannot blame players for prioritizing franchase over national cricket. our board cannnot recognise talent.

Looks like Wasim Jr has no backup, he is easiest one to drop. He always performs but never had a long run.

Haseebullah bats at 6 for Peshawar Zalmi too

So why didn’t Farhan who got selected over Ahmed Shahzad get pushed down the order?

Would they bat Ahmed Shazad at 5-6 too?

And the coward Rizwan still not facing up

Is this because it’s the awaam’s choice too?

Why is Rizwan still playing?

Another chance to try for a 100?

Go on Haseeb, take this Southee to the cleaners.

We are only in this to watch Pakistan cricket stoop lower and lower

Farhan is an opener and Haseeb bats down the order , but Haseeb is opening and Farhan at # 5 , good luck to them.

I’m not even shocked anymore

It’s Pakistan cricket

Well I am sure they played Haseebullah because they knew he would get out.

Now Babar and Rizwan can pad.

RIP Pakistan.

Let's say Haseebullah even managed to do well... what would be the point or what would we learn from this? There is zero chance he is somehow going to open in the upcoming WC.

Just poor planning as usual and they're desperately doing whatever they can to avoid a loss.

As I finish typing this, Haseebullah is already gone. There was zero reason to even try him.

Stuff like this used to happen in 2009/10 when bookies were controlling Pakistan cricket

Wasim Jnr, should be playing, was hoping for Hasebullah to perform and he gets out for a duck, but should still be given some more chances

I'm here for the comedy show aka Pak batting.

Haseebullah Hack. Glad Hafeez is being shown the door. Terrible handling of selectors

What on earth was that.

What is wrong with our domestic system that this is the best that it is throwing up?

This team is so far from winning trophies. We’re much closer to becoming the next WI.

3rd ball and he comes down the pitch...i mean wthh
It’s not the issue with intent. That’s fine

It’s the issue with the logic of having him open the innings in the first place

Why couldnt Fakhar Open?

Because Babar and Rizwan want to pad stats.

Its so obvious its not even funny more.

They are openly flaunting this thinking.

Balochistan Parchi

There, I said it. He’s only in it to promote cricket in Balochistan

Farhan is an opener and Haseeb bats down the order , but Haseeb is opening and Farhan at # 5 , good luck to them.

I’m guessing Hafeez wanted to set fire to the building on the way out. Makes no sense at all.

The team is full of openers and we send a middle order player in. What is going on

it keep getting bad to worse , ye dukh kahay khatam nai hotay. Rip Pak cricket.

Let's say Haseebullah even managed to do well... what would be the point or what would we learn from this? There is zero chance he is somehow going to open in the upcoming WC.

Just poor planning as usual and they're desperately doing whatever they can to avoid a loss.

As I finish typing this, Haseebullah is already gone. There was zero reason to even try him.

Exactly, it would have made more sense to stick with Saim. I just don’t understand Pakistan’s strategy. They always have ideas but show no implementation.

Do Pak do any prep for these games? Appear utterly clueless when taking the field.

What on earth was that.

What is wrong with our domestic system that this is the best that it is throwing up?

This team is so far from winning trophies. We’re much closer to becoming the next WI.

Doesn't really mean that much, but it does show how crap our coaching and selection is. He seemed to have no clue how to play at this level and seemed ill prepared.

Why couldnt Fakhar Open?

Because Babar and Rizwan want to pad stats.

Its so obvious its not even funny more.

They are openly flaunting this thinking.

Fakhar is the best destroyer of spin in the team. He is fine at number 4.
The game is about getting the best from the sum of the parts.
Fakhar has opened and his record isn't amazing

Their body language tells it all. They know they have been duped.

67DwnU7.png

Doesn't really mean that much, but it does show how crap our coaching and selection is. He seemed to have no clue how to play at this level and seemed ill prepared.
Pak cricket is finished, its a mediocre institution all round. Full of pathetic people from top to bottom.

Kohli is technically way superior to Babar. Just compare the two when it comes to playing the hook shot. Babar never looks comfortable, his technique and footwork has badly declined in the past 1-2 years.

2 runs from 2 overs
apparently its our slowest start EVEr in T20I's

Bowl in my arc please southee so I can play my one shot

Kohli is technically way superior to Babar. Just compare the two when it comes to playing the hook shot. Babar never looks comfortable, his technique and footwork has badly declined in the past 1-2 years.
KL Rahul plays very well.

Hafeez so called professory has been brutally exposed. Has zero clue what he is doing with the team selections and on how to use the available players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back