New Zealand v Pakistan | 2nd T20I | Hamilton | Jan 14 | New Zealand Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1705190388036.png

After securing a victory against Pakistan in the first T20 international in Auckland, New Zealand is now gearing up to face the Asian side in the second match of the five-game series. This clash is scheduled for Super Sunday, January 14th, 2024, at Seddon Park in Hamilton, kicking off at 11:10 AM PST.

Notably, New Zealand has registered three of the five 200-plus totals in T20Is at this venue. Pakistan faces a challenging task in their pursuit of leveling the series, considering the hosts have only suffered two defeats in 12 games in Hamilton since 2008.

When: January 14, 11:10 AM PST

Where: Seddon Park, Hamilton

Team News:

New Zealand

in 3 overs, experienced uneventful returns to the side. However, they are expected to feature again as New Zealand aims to extend their lead on Sunday. Mitchell Santner was unavailable due to COVID, and New Zealand is likely to maintain an unchanged lineup for this fixture. Will Young, who has been included in the squad for the third match, replacing Josh Clarkson, might provide Kane Williamson with a one-match break.

Pakistan

The inexperienced pair of Aamer Jamal and Usama Mir conceded 106 runs in eight overs combined in the opening fixture. Jamal, Pakistan's most recent find in Tests, could be persisted with. As for leg-spinner Mir, Abrar Ahmed is waiting in the wings.

Squads:

Pakistan Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi(c), Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan, Usama Mir, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Abrar Ahmed, Sahibzada Farhan, Abbas Afridi, Haseebullah Khan

New Zealand Squad: Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson(c), Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, Tim Seifert(w), Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Adam Milne,Ben Sears

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Don’t expect this joke of a Pak team to even make a game out of it Rizwan or bust.

2-0 for NZ unless Williamson has different plan .
Pakistan need to open with fakhar - saim to explore PP .

I hope to see Saim Ayub bat at least till the 10 over. His short innings in the first game was mighty entertaining. Packed a solid punch.
So is this new aggressive Rizwan. Hope he continues the same aggression this game.

So, Pakistan opted to go with the same team. Usama should have been a goner but he still made it to the playing 11. Let's see what he can do this time. Not having much hopes from him.

Regardless of what people think, its a good decision to keep the same 11.

You cant be dropping players after one match, give this 11 at least three matches.

This is the 11 they chose for the first match, so back it up

My hopes of victory are dashed whenever I see Usama Mir's name in the playing eleven.

View attachment 141323

After securing a victory against Pakistan in the first T20 international in Auckland, New Zealand is now gearing up to face the Asian side in the second match of the five-game series. This clash is scheduled for Super Sunday, January 14th, 2024, at Seddon Park in Hamilton, kicking off at 11:10 AM PST.

Notably, New Zealand has registered three of the five 200-plus totals in T20Is at this venue. Pakistan faces a challenging task in their pursuit of leveling the series, considering the hosts have only suffered two defeats in 12 games in Hamilton since 2008.

When: January 14, 11:10 AM PST

Where: Seddon Park, Hamilton

Team News:

New Zealand

in 3 overs, experienced uneventful returns to the side. However, they are expected to feature again as New Zealand aims to extend their lead on Sunday. Mitchell Santner was unavailable due to COVID, and New Zealand is likely to maintain an unchanged lineup for this fixture. Will Young, who has been included in the squad for the third match, replacing Josh Clarkson, might provide Kane Williamson with a one-match break.

Pakistan

The inexperienced pair of Aamer Jamal and Usama Mir conceded 106 runs in eight overs combined in the opening fixture. Jamal, Pakistan's most recent find in Tests, could be persisted with. As for leg-spinner Mir, Abrar Ahmed is waiting in the wings.

Squads:

Pakistan Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi(c), Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan, Usama Mir, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Abrar Ahmed, Sahibzada Farhan, Abbas Afridi, Haseebullah Khan

New Zealand Squad: Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson(c), Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, Tim Seifert(w), Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Adam Milne,Ben Sears

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.
Pakistan vs New Zealand
2nd T20, Match Preview and prediction
What are your predictions
??

If Fakhar doesn’t open I will continue to support NZ 😊

Don’t blame me. PCB gives me no choice.

If Fakhar doesn’t open I will continue to support NZ 😊

Don’t blame me. PCB gives me no choice.
I don't think there is any chance for Fakhar and saim to open. Rizwan will be there with saim. Same combination will be used.

So, Pakistan opted to go with the same team. Usama should have been a goner but he still made it to the playing 11. Let's see what he can do this time. Not having much hopes from him.
He will once again prove to be a costly mistake

Would have played 5 seamers instead , and if needed ifthikar can bowl 2 -3 overs

Given that T20 is supposedly the only format Pakistan can compete in, it's important to win or at least come close to it, today. Jamal should have been rested. Management as clueless as the last

Barbars 50 came at a good SR in the end but when he was in his 30s he was batting at 100 SR nearly run a ball that puts pressure on others when chasing 220+

what is wrong with shaheen u just lost previous match bowling first and u do that again? knowing ur batsmen crumble under pressure

Think Pakistan are hoping that they have a good chance if they restrict NZ to 180.

Fakhar is a flop player in T20. 1 fifty against mighty HK in last 16 matches. Totally a timid player.

Same team from Pakistan but New Zealand made 1 change, Henry out for Santner

Need better performance

Come on boys

King Shaheen 🦁

My prediction New Zealand 181/7

Pakistan 182/6 😎

Captain throwing all the responsibility on the batsman by bowling first again. What a coward

Keep mentioning s/r you can only test a batsman’s s/r ie Saim Ayub by batting 1st chasing is a pressure game.

Conway is a wasteman opener too

That’s if we are fair

One day I actually wanna see Rauf bowl well for Pakistan. Just one day.

After Rauf low performance in the world cup and preferring BBL over test selection, he should not be able to make automatic selection in the team.

A comment I wholeheartedly agree with.

Seriously what to PCB see in Rauf that they bend over backwards and beg him to play for Pakistan :stokes

Haris Rauf is not as dangerous with the new ball.

This is why he works better with Naseem and Shaheen handling the new ball duties.

The Rauf experiment is surely over?.

He bottled it versus India and now deserted the Test team, in Australia!.

Haris should be gone as well now. Let Zaman play who is in form and has done well recently.

SSA's not looking at threatening as he was beginning of last year and Haris Rauf's always been very inconsistent.
Plus the ground is small.
NZ's in for a big score.

What a poor & depressing start. Would have been nice if they batted first so at least I could fool myself into thinking they have a chance at all.

The bowling is just awful and Pakistan don't have the firepower in batting you need to match NZ on this ground.

Rauf is surely not your first pick for T20 WC. Even Ihsanullah would be better than Rauf.

Is the Nasim shah injury excuse still valid for Pak getting pumped every other day?

Seriously what to PCB see in Rauf that they bend over backwards and beg him to play for Pakistan :stokes
It's Pakistan's obsession with pace. See what India has done with Umran Malik. They realised he was not upto international standards despite his ability to bowl at sheer pace and just dropped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back