New Zealand v Pakistan | 4th T20I | Christchurch | Jan 19 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1705611979443.png

New Zealand is most likely to rest Kane Williamson, who, despite being available for selection, continues to be troubled by his knee concerns. Veteran bowler Tim Southee could also be rested from the XI, having featured in all matches, with Adam Milne replacing the ace player.

The batting remains a bit of a concern, with most runs coming from individual brilliance rather than collective effort. The likes of Devon Conway, Daryl Mitchell, and Mark Chapman will look to make amends for the failures in the first three matches.

Matt Henry, so far, seems to be the weakest link, leaking runs rather abundantly. The spinning duo of Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi have been able to bog down their opponents, whereas the others have chipped in with wickets.

Under new captain Shaheen Shah Afridi, Team Pakistan have looked erratic. The bowling seems to be going nowhere, with pacers making similar mistakes match after match. The batting remains heavily reliant on one man, and one man only in Babar Azam.

Azam, who has scored fifties in all three T20Is, has found no support from the other end, which has been the main cause of Pakistan's defeats. Veterans like Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Rizwan, Haris Rauf, and Iftikhar Ahmed need to stand up and ensure that they avoid a series of white-wash heading into the T20 World Cup 2024.

With few players out due to injury, Pakistan have backed their youngsters in Saim Ayub, and Azam Khan, who have succumbed under pressure.

When: January 19, 11:10 AM PST

Where: Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Squads:

Pakistan Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi(c), Haris Rauf, Zaman Khan, Usama Mir, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Abrar Ahmed, Sahibzada Farhan, Abbas Afridi, Haseebullah Khan

New Zealand Squad: Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson(c), Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, Tim Seifert(w), Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Adam Milne,Ben Sears

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Azam Khan and Iftikhar are on thier last chance or two if they fail then they should be dropped from the t20 squad.

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Wasim Jnr
Rauf
Shaheen
Zaman Khan

Azam Khan and Iftikhar are on thier last chance or two if they fail then they should be dropped from the t20 squad.

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Wasim Jnr
Rauf
Shaheen
Zaman Khan
same team means more disaster

i would replace azam khan with Sahibzada Farhan and will play rizwan as a keeper

what are the changes Pakistan team must do in order to win this game?

In my opinion Azam and Iftikhar should be replaced with Haseebullah and Farhan.

Give babar rizwan Fakhar a rest as they are certain World Cup starters. Give the rest good for nothings a benefit send of match don’t want to see your ugly mugs represent Pak ever again including the frauds that are Shaheen & rauf !!

Farhan deserves two games.

Ifti and Azam definitely don’t so I hope at least one of them will make way.

Babar and Rizwan won't rest.

They love playing and scoring in meaningless matches.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull off exceptional performances now that series is lost.

And everyone goes goo goo gaa gaa again.

Babar and Rizwan won't rest.

They love playing and scoring in meaningless matches.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull off exceptional performances now that series is lost.

And everyone goes goo goo gaa gaa again.
Don’t worry bro I’m here to burst the bubble

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Wasim Jnr
Rauf
Shaheen
Zaman Khan
Why Ifthikhar ?? What performance has he shown?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who selects Ifthikhar needs to rewatch this whole series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Open with fakhar, drop Saim down to middle order. Want to see if Fakhar can do better in t20 opening this time and see if he can make a partnership with Rizwan.

Rest babar rizwan.
Open saim and Farhan
Haseebullah
fakher
Azam
iftikhar
Nawaz
Shaheen
Wasim
Zaman
Haris

Azam Khan should be sent home and Chacha should him company on a long flight back home . They should never play for Pakistan again , enough is enough .

Here is my team for the 4th game

Rizwan
Babar
Saim
Fakhar
Farhan
Haseeb
Jamal
Nawaz ( unfortunately )
Wasim
Shaheen
Zaman

But , I have a feeling this team will play

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Farhan
Nawaz
Shaeen
Wasim
Rauf ( unfortunately )
Zaman

Pakistan have announced their playing 11 for the 4th T20 game. Azam khan dropped while IFFI gets another chance. Good to see Farhan back in the team. Well deserving inclusion. Haris rauf is still there to get smahed again LOL/

1705638401378.png

Farhan will play out of option, NZ's jackpot Rauf persisted shocking

Rauf 12 overs 142/7 Econ. 11.88, top order wickets 02
SSA 12 overs 119/4 Econ. 9.96 top order wickets 03

Alot to ponder

Pakistan built their reputation in t20s by batting first and defending scores with miserly bowlers, Rauf does not fit in that role

Pakistan have announced their playing 11 for the 4th T20 game. Azam khan dropped while IFFI gets another chance. Good to see Farhan back in the team. Well deserving inclusion. Haris rauf is still there to get smahed again LOL/

View attachment 141490
No wonder PAK are struggling. You are hardly getting 1 bowler or 1 batter with Ifti and Nawaz at #6 and #7

No wonder PAK are struggling. You are hardly getting 1 bowler or 1 batter with Ifti and Nawaz at #6 and #7
Iffi's form is the only worrying thing here. He looks like a sitting duck and looks like he is not even trying to do something for the team.

Saim
Farhan
Babar
Fakhar
Rizwan
Ifti
Nawaz
SSA
WasimJr.
Rauf
Zaman

the longest tail in t20 history

I want to see Pakistan bat first. Give the batters a platform to score runs without the scoreboard pressure. I just want to see what happens.

I want to see Pakistan bat first. Give the batters a platform to score runs without the scoreboard pressure. I just want to see what happens.
Nothing will happen. At this stage of the series most of the players are thinking about saving their place, so expect some selfish runs at best.

Unfair on Azam. He's only failed in 6 games whereas Chacha has failed all his career. Chacha deserved to go first

8 games 7 innings and a mighty average of 4

With highest score of 10

And a strike rate of 90 for someone whom we were told hits big shots he only has 1 six.

Move on from azam he's clearly not intl material.

8 games 7 innings and a mighty average of 4

With highest score of 10

And a strike rate of 90 for someone whom we were told hits big shots he only has 1 six.

Move on from azam he's clearly not intl material.
Chacha too isn't international material. Sample size is bigger in his case. He should go nurse his knees I suspect there's some age related issue after watching him run last game

Rizwan back as wk to add value to his 110 strike rate

You got your wish granted. Pak is batting first and I have no high hopes from this team.

Who is in charge of selecting playing xi? Playing 5 openers in a t20! What is the need of playing babar Haris etc in a dead rubber? You would never see india do this kind of stuff

Update on Abbas Afridi's injury:

Abbas Afridi is recovering well but he is still not fully fit to be available for today's match.

I understand Azam Khan deserved to be dropped, but if u are taking this decision you have to start with Ifti and Rauf. You can't just ignore the serial offenders and target new lad who have just come into the team.

Farhan picked because of excellent performances as an opener

But he will bat at 5 or 6 so that sir Rizwan can open

Farhan picked because of excellent performances as an opener

But he will bat at 5 or 6 so that sir Rizwan can open
Has been the norm in this team. Adjust the player and ruin the other one's number for that.

Every first ball in the series to Ayub has been on leg stump line

Every time he has failed to cash in

Gutted to see Azam not in the playing XI today. Watching him fail was the most entertaining thing for me.

Ayub looks bit uncomfortable when not given room. Needs to work on this and develop some shorts to rotate strike and avoid trap of hooking and getting caught at square leg.

4 of the over. Southee has been unplayable this whole series. Is he that good or is it our batter?

Riz is clearly struggling. Not middling the ball and missed out on some freebies.

Saim baby boy is on his way early again. Talented youngster beauty is just not showing enough in the middle.

So we're back to Babar and Rizwan to score 60% of the team runs?

If saim has to go in the 1st or 2nd over, let babar and rizwan open. No need to change

No one must label Saim as selfish.
That word is only reserved for RizBab

Milne is another guy who has looked dangerous and Pak batter failed against him as well.

And at a rate which will just give us respectable loss.

Right?
Find me batters who are better than them in Pakistan, and then come back.

You can go back in history as far as you want.

Disappointed series so far from Ayub. Nothing generational about him at all. Early days but has shown it is very to take him out of the game nice and early.

Playing for his place already Saim. Disappointing.
Respect for RizBab goes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back