Australia v South Africa | 2nd Test - Day 2| MCG | 27/12/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson bowled a maiden. Let us see if we see a pattern in this over. If he goes for runs in this over we can safely conclude SA is targeting Lee.

if you guyz think Lee shouldn't be in the team then how can you guyz justify Hyden, symond and Husey's place in the Aus team?

IronMan2009 said:
Lee is having stare contest with Sir Donald Morkel.

I don't think fast - medium bowler bothers Morkel.

Get him off Ponting!!

Last edited:
tauseefm said:
if you guyz think Lee shouldn't be in the team then how can you guyz justify Hyden, symond and Husey's place in the Aus team?

None of them are opening bowlers.

tauseefm said:

Hayden is gone.

Symonds is in trouble.

Hussey is fine. Would need another 10 failures probably cos he has so many credits.

Random Aussie said:
Hayden is gone.

Symonds is in trouble.

Hussey is fine. Would need another 10 failures probably cos he has so many credits.

i think Lee has still 2 to 3 years in him easily. he is currently going through the bad patch but he will be back. Even though he isn't performing but still he the best aus bowler currently.

What a yorker. Johnson you beauty. 146.2 km/hr. The fastest left arm fast bowler right now. Ala the next Wasim Akram.

tauseefm said:
i think Lee has still 2 to 3 years in him easily. he is currently going through the bad patch but he will be back. Even though he isn't performing but still he the best aus bowler currently.

Wrong, Lee's golden spell is over. And sorry Lee is not the best Aussie bowler. That is a joke to be honest, the best bowler is Johnson. He has played too much cricket in the last 3 years. He is worn out which is explained by his loss of consistent pace in comparison to the other bowlers right now. He has been used as a slave by his captain and team management, bowling longish spells and bowling 20-25 overs a day. This looks good when he is getting wickets and the team is winning but at the end of the day it has contributed to his decline in the long run. I really wish captains and team management would use their faster bowlers a bit more humanely.

This is what happened to Gillespie and i fear this is what will happen to Johnson if he is used in longish spells, day in and day out.

Savak said:
Wrong, Lee's golden spell is over. And sorry Lee is not the best Aussie bowler. That is a joke to be honest, the best bowler is Johnson. He has played too much cricket in the last 3 years. He is worn out which is explained by his loss of consistent pace in comparison to the other bowlers right now. He has been used as a slave by his captain and team management, bowling longish spells and bowling 20-25 overs a day. This looks good when he is getting wickets and the team is winning but at the end of the day it has contributed to his decline in the long run. I really wish captains and team management would use their faster bowlers a bit more humanely.

This is what happened to Gillespie and i fear this is what will happen to Johnson if he is used in longish spells, day in and day out.

I don't think Lee's golden spell is over yet. I agree with the overkilling part but when McGrath and Warne got retired somebody had to be given the resposnabilty and wehenver pointing needed the wicket he used Lee.

As for as his fittness is concern, we must give him some credit not breaking down with amount of bowling he has done in last few years.

A partnership developing Duminy and Harris.

Harris is actually a good player of spin and I am surprised that Ponting continues with Hauritz instead of bringing on another pacer

tauseefm said:
I don't think Lee's golden spell is over yet. I agree with the overkilling part but when McGrath and Warne got retired somebody had to be given the resposnabilty and wehenver pointing needed the wicket he used Lee.

Lee is hopefully not far from being removed from the team.

When he was the fastest bowler in Australia he had a free pass into the team, which is fair enough. Now he is nowhere near the fastest bowler in Australia and has taken something like 13 wickets from 13 completed innings if you remove NZ from the equation.

If we have to carry a bowler regardless then we can carry Siddle, he is quicker than Lee, much younger and unlike Lee shows the ability to learn from his mistakes.

Saffers finish the day on 7/198

Strong fight from the Australian attack, NO CREDIT TO BRETT LEE.

Siddle showing that he can take Lee's place, Johnson continuing to get wickets and Haurtiz getting some as well.

Australia way ahead, likely to win this one.

Lee based on his current form is reminding me of Sami every day.

Cant believe Hauritz has done so well? His bowling is pretty much innocuous. To his credit he bowled to his field and is very accurate, patient in comparison to Kretza. He played a crucial role today. Because he was economical, the pressure was building up from the other end and it helped the fast bowlers from the opposite end to attack and take wickets.

Lee i feel needs time out now. He needs to get the axe and deal with all the issues that are having an impact on his game. The Aussie's are literally carrying a liability at the moment.

question: why is McKenzie still in the squad I seen him perform just ONCE he took 300 balls to get his hundred en his average isn't that high too so why is he still in their squad?

HuZi said:
question: why is McKenzie still in the squad I seen him perform just ONCE he took 300 balls to get his hundred en his average isn't that high too so why is he still in their squad?

He's had a very good year before this series, his defensive batting is a good foil for smith. But i think if he continues to fail against Australia he might lose his spot.

siddle looks some prospect, his pace and bounce was alarming for the s. africnas, this is some of themost hostile bowlin i've seen, on the other hand lee hasnt got the control, and as the day went on his pace declined as well as his already shot confidence

An excellent day for Australia and if they could get a lead of 150 plus they are in the box seat. Only problem is to many top Order Aussie batsmen are out of from and the tail has wagged a few times already this series. Australia will be looking to shut out S.A from possibly winning this game by close of day 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back