Australia v South Africa | 2nd Test - Day 2| MCG | 27/12/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Lunch, Aus all out 394

Tail wags yet again

Steyn got 5 and looked much better, the swing and pace was there this innings.

Only Steyn troubled the Aussies with his swing ....SA shud easily chase this total cuz Aus dont have any swing bowler....Hilfenhaus shud have played .

Anyone who says Peter Siddle is a dud should have a look at that over.

145 kph plus, pace, seam movement, bounce and a wicket.

Random Aussie said:
Anyone who says Peter Siddle is a dud should have a look at that over.

145 kph plus, pace, seam movement, bounce and a wicket.

camera trick

Since the Mohali test, I always thought that Siddle was better. Much better than Lee anyway.

I'd like to see Amla score some runs. Very attractive batsman.

Neil McJaffer out for a low score again. Criminal that this guy scored a 1000 runs at all, let alone in 12 months.

Hmm.. Another 150 kmph bowler. He actually muscles the ball into the wicket. Very different from Lee who could set up the fastest food delivery system in the world (well, the second fastest)

f.b.m said:
Hmm.. Another 150 kmph bowler. He actually muscles the ball into the wicket. Very different from Lee who could set up the fastest food delivery system in the world (well, the second fastest)

:)))

Both bowlers hitting 150kph. And MJ to come. :)

But it is really hot here, this pace will not be sustainable for long.

Siddle is a fantastic prospect, he has something going for him other than just pace.

Now as both bowlers are bowling fast, one has played 3 Tests, the other 76 Tests.

The 76 Test bowler is going for more than 6 an over.

They just showed a KFC poll asking if Shane Warne should run for Prime Minister. 70% Australians said YES.

Siddle bowling better than Lee so far.

LMAO the Prime Minister of Australia is commentating. 3rd Umpire gives Amla not out, the Prime Minister says "we will review his visa" :))) :)))

Yaay! Lee being hit out of the attack.

Now we have a real seam attack.

Amla OUT! Mitchell Johnson strikes in his first over, Symonds takes a blinder.

Damn, Amla was the only batsman who I support in this series. Unlucky.

Cant fault the fielding by Symonds though.

Ponting bringing Brett Lee back to replace Siddle at the other end.

Graeme Smith flicks Lee to the on-side, bad ball by Lee for the 7-2 field favouring the offside. Smith/Kallis run 4.

And Lee continues to deliver steaming hot pies albeit pies at pace.

So all 3 Aus bowlers have hit 150 in this session. That answers any questions about who has the fastest attack thank you very much. :batman:

After a beautiful delivery that beats Kallis, next ball gets driven down the ground. It's going to be a long day for Lee.

Oh god! Lee bowling to Smith.

Dreariness and mediocrity rolled into one ball/contest.

Matic said:
After a beautiful delivery that beats Kallis, next ball gets driven down the ground. It's going to be a long day for Lee.

And hopefully a shortened series. Get him out of here, he is done.

itduzz said:
Lee,Hayden & Symmonds shud retire after this test

Hayden and Lee are fighting to stay.. Hayden I think would want a final Ashes series before he retires.

Matic said:
Hayden and Lee are fighting to stay.. Hayden I think would want a final Ashes series before he retires.

Hayden will not get a final Ashes series.

Saffers 2/69 going at a good rate.

Memo Brett Lee & Johnson:

Do....not....bowl.....on.....Smith's.....pads

Aussies well on top here. Short of a huge partnership between the top order somewhere S.A are pretty much sunk this game. 390 was a huge total on this wicket which now seems to be doing quite a bit.

Random Aussie said:
Shane Watson's seam bowling would be real handy right about now.

I was thinking a few minutes ago if Australia had an all-rounder who bowls seam, they could have a really healthy attack.

Random Aussie said:
And Lee continues to deliver steaming hot pies albeit pies at pace.

So all 3 Aus bowlers have hit 150 in this session. That answers any questions about who has the fastest attack thank you very much. :batman:

Fair enough. I have to say morkel and steyn have been way down on pace the past 2 series. They were consistantly hitting 150's before that ...not once in a blue moon. Still with a bit of swing/seam on offer I'll still take out lot any day.

Also your lot also threw them down fast the first few in perth , tired quickly and were chucking pies by the the end of the innings. Our guys stayed consistant and fresh thanks to having 4 good seamers and a run sparing spinner.

Smith trying to run another ball down to 3rd man but nearly guides it into the hands of Ponting, ball falling short.

Brett Lee started the year very well. But it is some seriously drastic decline. I wonder if Bangladesh will include him as their frontline bowler.

saffer said:
Fair enough. I have to say morkel and steyn have been way down on pace the past 2 series. They were consistantly hitting 150's before that ...not once in a blue moon.

I don't think either Steyn or Morkel are full fit actually

IronMan2009 said:
Brett Lee started the year very well. But it is some seriously drastic decline. I wonder if Bangladesh will include him as their frontline bowler.

Not a decline, he just bowled really well for a little while. Is back to the Brett Lee Australians know and love these days.

IronMan2009 said:

There was nothing special about his bowling even when he was in sublime form from 2005 till 2008. It was just that he was getting wickets and a had a lot of luck in that regard. But if you look at his bowling its literally the same stuff, no major difference but his luck has deserted him now and he is being made to look very ordinary from all the batters.

Random Aussie said:
I don't think either Steyn or Morkel are full fit actually

Who cares about pace? If you ask me pace makes a bowler look sexy at best, its wickets which count. Dont know about Morkel, i feel he has looked very ordinary in this series but Steyn has delivered for South Africa and looks a pretty skillful bowler.

Savak said:
Who cares about pace? If you ask me pace makes a bowler look sexy at best, its wickets which count. Dont know about Morkel, i feel he has looked very ordinary in this series but Steyn has delivered for South Africa and looks a pretty skillful bowler.

True but do you think MJ would get many wickets bowling at 130kph?

Random Aussie said:
True but do you think MJ would get many wickets bowling at 130kph?

Dont get me wrong, i love pace and i am all in favor of it but you need to have a few more skills up your sleaves apart from pace. Johnson's strength is his pace and the fact he is persistent and at the batsman.

Savak said:
There was nothing special about his bowling even when he was in sublime form from 2005 till 2008. It was just that he was getting wickets and a had a lot of luck in that regard. But if you look at his bowling its literally the same stuff, no major difference but his luck has deserted him now and he is being made to look very ordinary from all the batters.

Okay having wathed the two series of Lee late last year i see one difference. Not just pace. He had impeccable length and made the ball move off the seam. That is not present anymore. He was infact more fit than now. Also he had a good slower one. One that cleaned up Mahela was absolute beauty. Pretty much everything had to go right for him to be in such a form.

I think the reason he is not as successful as he wants to be is he doesn't have a good stock delivery. A wicket taking delivery. A go to delivery. Something all strike bowlers possess.

Australia applying good pressure here, just 12 runs off 9 overs. 3/114

Now for the sake of my sanity don't bowl Brett Lee Ponting.

Random Aussie said:
Australia applying good pressure here, just 12 runs off 9 overs. 3/114

Now for the sake of my sanity don't bowl Brett Lee Ponting.
You just jixed them. 4 off edge.

I have been impressed by Siddle this test. His speed has been very impressive. I dont know what really happened to him at perth. I guess Kretza role in that loss should not be underestimated because he went for so many runs that it took a lot of pressure of the Proteas batters who were able to get stuck in to the other Aussie bowlers. The selection of Hauritz appears to be a master stroke, Hauritz by being economical is allowing the other Aussie bowlers to attack.

Siddle still hitting 150kph. He is consistently quick today averaging 145 kph.

bye Brett, this bloke can do your job it seems.

150.5 kph and then bowls him next ball.

Siddle has 3 and Australia have a new fast bowler.

Muhahaha :batman:

ha ha ha

We're getting pwned here. Oh well...will make for a great series finale.

Raaaain ! Raaaaaiiin !!

Let's see if the saffers can put on another hundred odd and get to to 250. If we lose let's at least lose with a little fight.

IronMan2009 said:
I think SA has been playing for draw from the start.

Just having a bad day and the aussies have bowled well . Getting the ball to move around a bit at pace and that 100 odd runs by the tail again hurt us. But credit where it's due and they're all over us this game. Hope our boys catch a reality check and start hitting their straps again the last test.

saffer said:
ha ha ha

We're getting pwned here. Oh well...will make for a great series finale.

Raaaain ! Raaaaaiiin !!

:))) :)))

Yes will be a great finale the way it is going, Sydney Test will be absolutely massive.

saffer said:
Let's see if the saffers can put on another hundred odd and get to to 250. If we lose let's at least lose with a little fight.

Well we do have to bowl Lee again at some stage

This is brilliant to see

Hope Siddle blows them away for under 210 and then Steyn rips AUS apart for some where around 120

Tough decision for Punter in the coming days, does he declare at 500 or 700? :afridi

IronMan2009 said:
What is the opposite of 'Midas Touch'. ?

Brett Lee.

8 runs off the first over, 9 off the second. Bowling under 140kph.

GET HIM OFF PONTING!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back