Australia vs India | 2nd Test | Perth | Dec 14-18, 2018 | Day 1 Thread

Muhaha I'm 5 mins late on the stream.

Did Kohli give him a send-off?

The pitch seems to have quickened up of late, as happened during the last FC game played on it.

flurry of boundaries (3) , this is the way to go for Aussies, they are not going to get anywhere with blockathon...

This isnt an ODI! 200+ is not a good score - Australia need 350+ if they want to challenge VK & Co

This isnt an ODI! 200+ is not a good score - Australia need 350+ if they want to challenge VK & Co

Not on this pitch, 1 great spell will yield 3-4 wickets and India has pak esque tail with no one who can bat.

Yar pls.

Our tail cannot be compared.
Yadav and shami are our Hasan Ali and whoever that dumb guy I saw in your last test was, they basically flash their bats without thought. Ishant can't score but at least tries to stay and bumrah is a proper no 11 absolutely can't bat.

Australia will score 250 Max, India can give a lead of 300 easily. Will be an innings defeat like I have mentioned earlier.

It seems unpredictable weather in few major Australian cities . In Melbourne 2 days ago it was 34 degrees and scorching heat, past 2 days it's been raining with flash floodings.
I hope same does not happen in Perth .
[MENTION=8]MIG[/MENTION] , at 171/4 it seems 320+ is definitely on & with commies repeatedly saying pitch will be faster next 2 days & temperatures are likely to crash too . I think visitors will be rolled out for under 200 .

Last edited:
Pant drops Marsh :facepalm: That too an easy one that didn't deflect.

Last edited:
200 up with 6 wickets left. Australia's comfortably ahead. India need to break this partnership asap. Maybe bowl fuller to extract some reverse swing from the old ball.

207-4 look respectable. Brilliant fightback by Marsh and Head.

275-4 at the end of the day will mean Australia end day 1 with a high...

19 overs more, Can India bag wickets?

207-4 look respectable. Brilliant fightback by Marsh and Head.

275-4 at the end of the day will mean Australia end day 1 with a high...

19 overs more, Can India bag wickets?

I don't think 19 is possible ATM. Will be a maximum of 13-15 overs . Must pick atleast two more today ...or else game over

If Australia crosses 350, it is game over for India.
There is rain threat in Boxing day test that could go for a draw.

Vijay leaking runs, absence of 5th bowler proving costly for India. Should've had Bhuvi or Jadeja in the XI.

Considering Hanuma has already bowled 10 overs, shows the foolishness of this all pace attack approach.

This test is going away from India....and fast....

Hanuma gets Marsh. Wow!

He's more than a part-time bowling option.

Last edited:
If we can pluck out 2 more before stumps, the day will be ours.

You don't know the decent score unless both teams have played on it.

Travis Head scoring runs against us back to back.

Fine with that as long as he keep it to 70 or 80 tops.

No double hundreds and all that jazz!

Hanuma is a decent spinner not just a part timer. I don't think jadeja would have done better.

Vihari's the pick of the bowlers lol, who woulda thought.

Last edited:
Shami like Umesh has only leaked runs. Its a miracle despite that we are 1-0 up.

hosts all set for 320 which is definitely a good score here . 251/6

peculiarly @Reyansh27 has disappeared since i asked him if he was Indian as he seems to dislike just every Indian player .

hosts all set for 320 which is definitely a good score here . 251/6

peculiarly @Reyansh27 has disappeared since i asked him if he was Indian as he seems to dislike just every Indian player .

typo [MENTION=146777]Reyansh2017[/MENTION]

Easy peasy for india so far. This australian batting is too brittle and indias bowling is excellent.

what the duck was that delivery from Bumrah! Took off from a full length after hitting a crack.

The pitch is behaving completely different from first session.
What a ball from bumrah. Th pitch has started living up to expectations.

Ishant has just taken a wicket. Guess what Kohli does. He replaces him with spraygun Yadav.

Ball is seaming around. Need to make best use of the favorable conditions by attacking the offstump and bowling good to full length. Short deliveries are going for runs, so should be used only as a surprise option.

Crowd Day 1, Perth Stadium: 20,746.
This is new record for the first day of a Test against India in Western Australia.

It's the biggest ever Friday crowd at this ground

Umesh ji please pitch it up.. there is movement in the pitch. India dont need no short of the length bowling at this stage :wa

Umesh ji please pitch it up.. there is movement in the pitch. India dont need no short of the length bowling at this stage :wa

I am just going to say what everyone else is thinking, enough with the akram for today mate.

Khawaja getting out was a blessing in disguise for Australia. All he's done this series is block and block. Again very poor in this innings. Knock of the day has to go to Travis Head.

Commies believe Australia have a huge score. Pitch is misbehaving and India will struggle to bat on it.
I don't agree with the huge score part but rest is spot on. We have dug ourselves in a hole with first innings shami and spray gun yadav as 2 of the 4 bowlers.

Clear advantage to Australia. I feel they were a bit lucky too. The ball was moving even with little shine on it. Not great signs for India but if there’s a team that can win from here, it’s India.

Clear advantage to Australia. I feel they were a bit lucky too. The ball was moving even with little shine on it. Not great signs for India but if there’s a team that can win from here, it’s India.

I think picture will become more clear after India innings. Right not aus are at better position.

should restrict aus to 300-325 and match that score.
I think pitch will be easier to score on the 2nd and 3rd day.
Anyway, not throwing away wickets for some cheap runs is the key.
Make the bowlers earn it and at the same time take calculated risks as no batsman could be sure of their stay at the wicket - should be the way ahead for India.

Back