Azam Khan ruled out of New Zealand T20Is - Advised 10-day rest due to a Grade One tear of his right calf muscle [Post#240]

Talking about an athlete being fat and mocking them for it are two different things.

I think you may have forgot cricket players are human beings.
And human beings are criticized for their life choices.

Azam Khan has no excuse for his dietary habits. He lacks discipline in his life and he deserves to be criticized for it.

This camp has badly exposed Azam Khan. Not that he needed to be exposed, but put into a controlled environment like this where he is sitting out multiple drills or just standing around while others go all out shows how poor his physical condition is. Back home you can skip a gym session but in Kakul it’s all or nothing. I hope he is dropped forever unless he can come back looking like a Greek God, and that too only if his cricketing skills improve. It’s a shame really, because if you look at the pedigree i.e., son of Moin Khan, financially secure, well spoken, good connections, natural talent etc., he has squandered an opportunity less than 1% of people get.

It can help sure, with running singles, doubles etc but it shouldn't make or break your abilities for T20's. You're not playing a 5 day Test match where a high fitness level is required. Even then, he's still played a bunch of FC games too.
Fitness is pretty important in t20s. What If you needed 2 runs on the last ball of the game to win it and Azam Khan ran only 1 because he was not able to run the 2nd one and eventually the team lost? T20 is a game of fine margins and fitness is even more crucial here because we may see many last-ball thrillers in t20 format.

Talking about an athlete being fat and mocking them for it are two different things.

They are not two different things.

No sportsman can be allowed to be fat. If you are going to in that circle through nepotism and than expect to no one to point out that you are fat than that person is living in a fools paradise.

Cricket players being human beings does not matter. If feelings are getting hurt, than that person should go and reduce his fat levels.

You cant go around justifying that you are fat and than want to play sports

This camp has badly exposed Azam Khan. Not that he needed to be exposed, but put into a controlled environment like this where he is sitting out multiple drills or just standing around while others go all out shows how poor his physical condition is. Back home you can skip a gym session but in Kakul it’s all or nothing. I hope he is dropped forever unless he can come back looking like a Greek God, and that too only if his cricketing skills improve. It’s a shame really, because if you look at the pedigree i.e., son of Moin Khan, financially secure, well spoken, good connections, natural talent etc., he has squandered an opportunity less than 1% of people get.

This camp is a fitness test to assess their levels and was long overdue. They should have this every 6 months and anyone failing should have a financial penalty.

Nice wake up call for the big boy who would usually rock up to a nets session and and slog the ball around for a bit and finish off with a burger and chips.

If a professional cricketer is unfit and obese he will get criticised.

He's even a laughing stock among contemporaries at that training camp. He must be hurting inside, watching people have a giggle at his expense. His cricket is nowhere near good enough to gain enough respect to transcend his massive physical handicap. He's mediocre and fat, deadly combination.

To become a quality sportsman, he should use this as drive and motivation to prove people wrong. Transform himself, lose significant amounts of weight and totally shutdown these obesity discussions.

Instead Azam has taken the easy route, blame the world but not himself. He's gaining more weight than lose it. If you can't commit to benefitting yourself, then how can you benefit the team?

Young man you've already chosen the easiest options in cricket. You play club cricket and avoid domestics. You only play T20s because you're physically incapable of the longer formats. You keep because you can't run and field. You call yourself a hitter because you cannot anchor an innings. Ticked all the easiest options despite being so young. Cricketers do this at the fag end of their careers, in their mid-late 40s, you're already there!

All this despite being privileged. Anyone who followed England's tour of India would have heard of jaiswals life story. How can someone like Azam even compete with young players who are soo mentally tough. It's like a leopard fighting a truck load of cotton candy.

Their is a big difference.

I don't fat shame someone on the street.

Azam Khan is different, He's an arrogant man who gotten into cricket via nepotism, he
in an interview claimed that he's very Atheletic as a wicket keeper. Fans want what's best for the team, his weight is clearly affecting that. He's a batsmen who averages 4 in international, and a keeper who can't make dives, batsmen who cant convert singles into doubles and is nowhere in the race of other wicket keepers like usman Khan, haris and rizwan.

^^ I found another gem.

See this is why I hate azam, he's beyond arrogant. Thinks of himself as a superstar

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I found another gem.

See this is why I hate azam, he's beyond arrogant. Thinks of himself as a superstar

Your hate for Azam is pretty surprising, considering that you've been advocating for unfit game changers that have the superstar syndrome like Amir and Imad. I would've thought Azam is the type of player you'd support

Your hate for Azam is pretty surprising, considering that you've been advocating for unfit game changers that have the superstar syndrome like Amir and Imad. I would've thought Azam is the type of player you'd support
Amir is unfit? Pfffffttttttttttt HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Babar ka Dad bod dekha hai? Picture dekha doon?

As for imad, he isn't overweight by any means. He isn't slim nor is his body weight ideal but he's fit.

Amir is unfit? Pfffffttttttttttt HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Babar ka Dad bod dekha hai? Picture dekha doon?

As for imad, he isn't overweight by any means. He isn't slim nor is his body weight ideal but he's fit.

Babar Sher is fit enough to play all formats including tests. Can you say the same for Amir and Imad?

Brothers. This thread is not about Babar, amir and Imad. Do not derail this thread.

Babar Sher is fit enough to play all formats including tests. Can you say the same for Amir and Imad?
Imad wouldn't get a test game for Zimbabwe. He's that bad in proper format of cricket. Amir a wasted potentially a great career. Don't put him in the same sentence as Imad even though I don't like Amir. He's light-years ahead as a cricketer.

Its good to see that Azam Khan has not left the camp yet otherwise with the kind of training thats going on in Kakul he would have broken the wall in frustration and left. :ROFLMAO:

While I agree Azam is overweight for a professional athlete, the comments on this thread are truly appalling. These army ran training camps don’t conduct fitness tests but rather physically breakdown the cricketers everyday to build mental toughness and resilience. A lot of on the record details on the infamous army camp before the 2007 WT20 by numerous players and officials shed light in to the process. Fittest Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik shared he was unable to get up from his toilet seat everyday after training. To assume Azam just had to run 2k an and not do anything else before is moronic naivety from people who probably never worked out for a consistent period of time in their life. To put it in perspective, I’m a 32 year old typical desi guy who lifts 4 times a week for the last 2 years in a small group workout session and leave each class sore, breathless, exhausted, and dazed. No six pack or big muscles and I look like a lean slim guy. Turning fat to muscle is a lengthy and hard process and all the progress is not visible until much later. These Pakistani fans are either very dumb or delusional. Possibly both.

While I agree Azam is overweight for a professional athlete, the comments on this thread are truly appalling. These army ran training camps don’t conduct fitness tests but rather physically breakdown the cricketers everyday to build mental toughness and resilience. A lot of on the record details on the infamous army camp before the 2007 WT20 by numerous players and officials shed light in to the process. Fittest Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik shared he was unable to get up from his toilet seat everyday after training. To assume Azam just had to run 2k an and not do anything else before is moronic naivety from people who probably never worked out for a consistent period of time in their life. To put it in perspective, I’m a 32 year old typical desi guy who lifts 4 times a week for the last 2 years in a small group workout session and leave each class sore, breathless, exhausted, and dazed. No six pack or big muscles and I look like a lean slim guy. Turning fat to muscle is a lengthy and hard process and all the progress is not visible until much later. These Pakistani fans are either very dumb or delusional. Possibly both.

Welcome Azam Khan! Hope you’re doing well.

Other guys ran it in 6-9 minutes with the same routine.

Azam couldn't even maintain walking pace.

Azam Khan is not just overweight for a professional athlete, he'd be considered severely overweight as a general member of the public. He deserves absolutely no sympathy because he's had all the opportunities and resources to get himself in better shape but is in denial and even worse enabled and supported by his fans who don't recognise the damage they are doing to his long term health.

No one is saying this army camp would change things because we all know his problems have existed long before this camp and based on his attitude will continue long after without an intervention. Also unless you are also hoping to represent Pakistan as a professional cricketer how are your experiences comparable in any way.

Azam Khan is not just overweight for a professional athlete, he'd be considered severely overweight as a general member of the public. He deserves absolutely no sympathy because he's had all the opportunities and resources to get himself in better shape but is in denial and even worse enabled and supported by his fans who don't recognise the damage they are doing to his long term health.

No one is saying this army camp would change things because we all know his problems have existed long before this camp and based on his attitude will continue long after without an intervention. Also unless you are also hoping to represent Pakistan as a professional cricketer how are your experiences comparable in any way.
He's a 32 year old guy who lifts 4x a week and leaves each class breathless, sore, exhausted and dazed,

So he knows everything about Azam Khan and correctly assumed azam Khan had to perform strenuous activity before doing his 2km run 😂😂.

Mr i lift 4x a week doesnt know thebdifference between the fitness level of a 32 year old lean man who attends regukar gym, and the fitness level of an obese 25 year old who would get confused for a panda innthe wilderness rather then an adult male human.

given azam's weight, theirs no way hed be able to walk 2km, he isnt overweight, hes atleast entered obesity stage 2 and that's being generous, he's obviously obese stage 3, aka a BMI way way way way over 40.

He's a 32 year old guy who lifts 4x a week and leaves each class breathless, sore, exhausted and dazed,

So he knows everything about Azam Khan and correctly assumed azam Khan had to perform strenuous activity before doing his 2km run 😂😂.

Mr i lift 4x a week doesnt know thebdifference between the fitness level of a 32 year old lean man who attends regukar gym, and the fitness level of an obese 25 year old who would get confused for a panda innthe wilderness rather then an adult male human.

given azam's weight, theirs no way hed be able to walk 2km, he isnt overweight, hes atleast entered obesity stage 2 and that's being generous, he's obviously obese stage 3, aka a BMI way way way way over 40.
Wow. BMI and what not, plain words he’s not going to lose it in the next 2 years. He can start looking different but will still be bulky. You wouldn’t know.

Wow. BMI and what not, plain words he’s not going to lose it in the next 2 years. He can start looking different but will still be bulky. You wouldn’t know.
He can lose 48 KG in 2 years which should be enough to get him down.

0.5KG per week is usually the norm when you're sliming down.

It isn't even that hard. No one is expecting overnight success but 2 years is alot.

Azam Khan isn't old, he's 25, just 7 years younger then you and 3 years older then me.

By the time he's 27, he can easily be fit enough.

48KG is alot to lose and 0.5KG our week is possible.

He can lose 48 KG in 2 years which should be enough to get him down.

0.5KG per week is usually the norm when you're sliming down.

It isn't even that hard. No one is expecting overnight success but 2 years is alot.

Azam Khan isn't old, he's 25, just 7 years younger then you and 3 years older then me.

By the time he's 27, he can easily be fit enough.

48KG is alot to lose and 0.5KG our week is possible.
UFC fighters lose over 10lbs in one night but return to their baseline after 12hrs. Losing is not hard but maintaining the loss is. I urge all you guys to try and cut down 5kg in a month and maintain that new weight for another couple of weeks. Everyone getting hurt by my original post has never consistently worked out or even tried losing fat

The people who a sympathetic towards Azam Khan need to have a word with themselves. He brings it upon himself! He knows he is not fit, he knows he is a laughing stock, so why doesn't he man up and move on? Why do you give him sympathy when he doesn't give the effort?

This guy doesn't deserve sympathy but a Bata Chapal wake up call.

UFC fighters lose over 10lbs in one night but return to their baseline after 12hrs. Losing is not hard but maintaining the loss is. I urge all you guys to try and cut down 5kg in a month and maintain that new weight for another couple of weeks. Everyone getting hurt by my original post has never consistently worked out or even tried losing fat
I've lost 8kg in a month and gave maintained it lol.

You're the one who's coming up with replies, making fantasy narratives about how azam Khan went through an entire ordeal before his 2km run with zero evidence backing it up.

I've lost 8kg in a month and gave maintained it lol.

You're the one who's coming up with replies, making fantasy narratives about how azam Khan went through an entire ordeal before his 2km run with zero evidence backing it up.

I have also lost 5 kg in a month, in fact 27 kg in total over a few months and have maintained it for 5 years now lol I workout regularly, cardio and weights and I don’t ever leave the gym dazed and confused. I can’t believe this guy is making it sound like it’s the same as climbing Mount Everest. In fact it should be easier given Azam khan’s only job is to play cricket which requires being in shape. For most people we work jobs 9-5, have families and other time constraints yet we can still maintain a healthy weight.

I have also lost 5 kg in a month, in fact 27 kg in total over a few months and have maintained it for 5 years now lol I workout regularly, cardio and weights and I don’t ever leave the gym dazed and confused. I can’t believe this guy is making it sound like it’s the same as climbing Mount Everest. In fact it should be easier given Azam khan’s only job is to play cricket which requires being in shape. For most people we work jobs 9-5, have families and other time constraints yet we can still maintain a healthy weight.
Exactly, tbf 8kg was my peak, I use to be over 100kilos and am now 70kg, it took me around 2 years, but 8kg was in the first month, but I think it was mostly water weight, my average is usually 2-3 per month.

But yeah I never left the gym dazed and confused either 😂😂. I don't think anyone who I've ever met, has gone to to gym and been like Help I need airlift lol.

So this is based off what Misbah said that he is 130kg at a height of 173cm. This is just to maintain his weight at a moderate daily exercise so he has matches then he would need more calories to maintain.

1712274058306.png

I reckon he is pounding 5000 calories a day and the amount of fat he has it is unhealthy calories.

So this is based off what Misbah said that he is 130kg at a height of 173cm. This is just to maintain his weight at a moderate daily exercise so he has matches then he would need more calories to maintain.

View attachment 143051

I reckon he is pounding 5000 calories a day and the amount of fat he has it is unhealthy calories.
1 predicted he would around 125KG, so wasn't too far off, actually azam exceeded my prediction by 5kg lol

Everybody knows Azam is not fit enough but the only guy who does not know about this is Azam Khan. He is ignoring his awful fitness so far. His mind is built around a hoax that he is hitting sixes because of his body structure but this is not true in reality.

Look at Hardik Pandya, he is lean and fit and can hit massive sixes.

UFC fighters is an inaccurate comparison - they gain/lose weight for very specific reasons (weigh ins, making their class, etc.) and both before and after their temporary weight fluctuations they are incredibly fit.

The problem with Azam is why did he let himself get to this point in the first place? As many have said, he was given everything on a silver platter - gyms, cricket grounds, I’m sure if he asked Abu Jaan could’ve organised a trainer and dietitian too. Problem is he’s arrogant and knew that his connections would carry him this far, hence he did nothing about his weight.

On extensive fans demand. PCB has released a special training video of Azam Khan

Oh no, his fitness is really bad. It makes me wonder how he manages to get through matches.

It can't be that difficult to keep wickets, otherwise guys like Azam and Kamran Akmal wouldn't have careers.

Oh no, his fitness is really bad. It makes me wonder how he manages to get through matches.

It can't be that difficult to keep wickets, otherwise guys like Azam and Kamran Akmal wouldn't have careers.
He's fit enough to hit sixes and keep reasonably well but he's not fit - fit. The weight makes it difficult for him to run of course.

Everybody knows Azam is not fit enough but the only guy who does not know about this is Azam Khan. He is ignoring his awful fitness so far. His mind is built around a hoax that he is hitting sixes because of his body structure but this is not true in reality.

Look at Hardik Pandya, he is lean and fit and can hit massive sixes.

^^ Delusion at its finest.

Why is our cricket team hell bent on becoming the biggest meme in sports history?

Doesn't anyone tell these guys that these videos are beyond embrassing?

I’m afraid emotional intelligence isn’t a requirement for any of our players or the administration.

So the team also knew that what Azam Khan has achieved is nothing short of impossible for a guy like him. Comical stuff.

There are rumours going around that after seeing his astounding performance during the fitness camp, the Establishment is trying to poach Azam from the PCB and use him as an offensive weapon in the eastern borders. If they do not take proper care of Azam, PCB could lose one of their 'biggest' stars.

Azam Khan will be thinking like what sins has he done that he had to go thought Military style training at Kakul with his physique.

Omg still selected

That video climbing a hill
It's like one of those reality TV shows where you have obese people trying to lose weight .😆

Omg still selected

That video climbing a hill
It's like one of those reality TV shows where you have obese people trying to lose weight .😆
I can't wait for Azam Khan to make his debut on my 600lbs life.

Can't wait for the new season

Soldiers probably rescued him from falling down :D

I'm telling you - a Netflix series covering the Pakistan team a la Australia's The Test would break all viewing records, social media engagements and rival even the best comedies.

@shaz619 Imagine a desi version of Beyond the Mat.

I recall Wasim Khan mentioned in an interview such a project was in the works but obviously it didn't come to fruition.

I'm telling you - a Netflix series covering the Pakistan team a la Australia's The Test would break all viewing records, social media engagements and rival even the best comedies.

@shaz619 Imagine a desi version of Beyond the Mat.

I recall Wasim Khan mentioned in an interview such a project was in the works but obviously it didn't come to fruition.

After all these clips, forget Cody Rhodes I want to see Azam Khan finish his story 🤣

That project would have been ground breaking and uniquely suited to Pakistan cricket, too bad we can’t have nice things, and damn that nakli Pakistani with a British Passport who was trying to ruin Pak cricket somehow!

After all these clips, forget Cody Rhodes I want to see Azam Khan finish his story 🤣

That project would have been ground breaking and uniquely suited to Pakistan cricket, too bad we can’t have nice things, and damn that nakli Pakistani with a British Passport who was trying to ruin Pak cricket somehow!
Azam singing: Kebabs in my soul, every bite I loose control, gotta give them what they came to eat,

Hear the crowd, watch them roar, ready for me to start the show, underneath my plate is moreeeeeeee, woah,

Azam singing: Kebabs in my soul, every bite I loose control, gotta give them what they came to eat,

Hear the crowd, watch them roar, ready for me to start the show, underneath my plate is moreeeeeeee, woah,

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don’t forget his intro:

‘Kebab Wrestling has more then one royal family’

Babar is acting like azam Khan won the Olympics
I thought he wouldn't get up at one point lol...I think the team tbf are trying to encourage him which is fine. Not their fault he is selected. But what a disgrace..we have no shame selecting a obese cricketer like him..just shocking..

Clips are comical. I get the point that team is cheering for him due to him being so overweight, but it really looks poor.

Why have someone like that representing international side?

Clips are comical. I get the point that team is cheering for him due to him being so overweight, but it really looks poor.

Why have someone like that representing international side?
Good question, having a pathetic Captain does not help either.

Good question, having a pathetic Captain does not help either.

It's not the captain selecting him

It's the powerful lobby and media in that port city.

But the travesty a city that once gave us some of our finest and gutsy cricketers , moin khan was guts and brave still love that century at headingley in 1996 we are now lumbered with pathetic players like this.
I dont know if its the pollution or the large urbanisation but the players coming from karachi even the pathans aren't very fit .
Just look at tanveer ahmed and sohail khan

It's not the captain selecting him

It's the powerful lobby and media in that port city.

But the travesty a city that once gave us some of our finest and gutsy cricketers , moin khan was guts and brave still love that century at headingley in 1996 we are now lumbered with pathetic players like this.
I dont know if its the pollution or the large urbanisation but the players coming from karachi even the pathans aren't very fit .
Just look at tanveer ahmed and sohail khan
Any Captain who is serious and wants a competitive attitude, should never accept such players in the squad. Fact is Babar himself is not very keen on fitness.

The most fittest keeper Haris is out of the race while the most unfit player Azam Khan got selected because he has a solid "parchi."

Pakistan’s top-order batter Fakhar Zaman has appreciated young wicketkeeper batter Azam Khan for his courage and hard work during the recently concluded physical fitness camp in Kakul. He said:

“What impressed me the most is what Azam Khan has done. We were not expecting him to undergo such tough training, and naturally, his physique is such that we didn’t anticipate him to take up such challenges,”

“Despite that, the way he has pushed himself, even climbing mountains when we were hiking, I mean, we couldn’t believe he would make it to the top. If we all show such courage, it could be very beneficial.”

Update on Azam Khan

Rawalpindi 18 April, 2024 :

During Wednesday's training session, Azam Khan experienced discomfort in his right knee and right calf muscle while batting in the nets. He promptly received medical attention and treatment.

Azam is currently under the care of the medical team, and a decision regarding his participation in the upcoming matches against New Zealand will be made pending the results of radiology reports.

The PCB will provide further updates in due course.

I think azam khan is feeling the effects of that 2km run. He might be out for few games?

We already know that Azam Khan is struggling with his fitness and nutrition. Consistency in both training and eating habits is crucial for athletes to perform at their best and avoid injuries. This Kakul camp was always going to get Azam injured because it was held in the month of Ramadan where players were fasting and were not eating during the day time. A balanced diet ensures that the body gets the nutrients it needs to support exercise, promote muscle growth, and maintain overall health.

Sheer stupidity of PCB to make Azam do that. We KNOW he has issues - what were they trying to prove?

Sheer stupidity of PCB to make Azam do that. We KNOW he has issues - what were they trying to prove?

Azam Khan ruled out of New Zealand T20Is

Rawalpindi, 20 April 2024:

Azam Khan has been advised to undergo a 10-day rest following radiology reports confirming a Grade One tear of his right calf muscle. Consequently, Azam will be unable to participate in the ongoing T20I series against New Zealand, which culminates in Lahore on April 27.

Azam will now depart from the Pakistan men’s cricket team and report to the National Cricket Academy, where he will commence his rehabilitation process under the supervision of the PCB medical panel.

The discomfort in Azam's right calf was first noticed during batting practice in the pre-first T20I training session at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

Back