Azam Khan ruled out of New Zealand T20Is - Advised 10-day rest due to a Grade One tear of his right calf muscle [Post#240]

Azam Khan ruled out of New Zealand T20Is

Rawalpindi, 20 April 2024:

Azam Khan has been advised to undergo a 10-day rest following radiology reports confirming a Grade One tear of his right calf muscle. Consequently, Azam will be unable to participate in the ongoing T20I series against New Zealand, which culminates in Lahore on April 27.

Azam will now depart from the Pakistan men’s cricket team and report to the National Cricket Academy, where he will commence hi rehabilitation process under the supervision of the PCB medical panel.

The discomfort in Azam's right calf was first noticed during batting practice in the pre-first T20I training session at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.
Ohhh poor chap. SO we can conclude that the fitness camp has failed? :cautious: :ifti

How much rest does Mr.Blobby need, 10 days is too much. PCB should have him back on the treadmill after 5.

He can’t play cricket till he loses the churby.

Azam Khan ruled out of New Zealand T20Is

Rawalpindi, 20 April 2024:

Azam Khan has been advised to undergo a 10-day rest following radiology reports confirming a Grade One tear of his right calf muscle. Consequently, Azam will be unable to participate in the ongoing T20I series against New Zealand, which culminates in Lahore on April 27.

Azam will now depart from the Pakistan men’s cricket team and report to the National Cricket Academy, where he will commence his rehabilitation process under the supervision of the PCB medical panel.

The discomfort in Azam's right calf was first noticed during batting practice in the pre-first T20I training session at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.
I'm fairly certain the injury happened or was assisted in the Kakul training camp. This was probably his first time taking on an extensive training regime. Body of course is used to our regular/normal condition and routine of things.

I'm fairly certain the injury happened or was assisted in the Kakul training camp. This was probably his first time taking on an extensive training regime. Body of course is used to our regular/normal condition and routine of things.
I guess Kakul camp served it's purpose. Team is infinitely fitter now that they have addressed the elephant in the room(no pun intended).

Sheer stupidity of PCB to make Azam do that. We KNOW he has issues - what were they trying to prove?
That playing cricket for your country is not a hobby but a professional job which needs dedication and going out of your comfort zone.

The risk of him getting injured was sky-high as soon as that camp was announced. No one to blame but himself for his poor fitness standards.

Don't worry. He will be back before the England Series. But TBH, Azam Khan's fitness was never up to the mark to get selected. It is his six-hitting ability in domestic cricket and franchise leagues that comes to his aid, otherwise he might never get selected with this fitness.

Don't worry. He will be back before the England Series. But TBH, Azam Khan's fitness was never up to the mark to get selected. It is his six-hitting ability in domestic cricket and franchise leagues that comes to his aid, otherwise he might never get selected with this fitness.
This is what management needs to understand. If fitness is the most important thing then there should be no compromise over it and he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad because there are many players behind who want to have a chance as well.

If a compromise is being made to induct Azam in then why are you now trying to get Azam fit and slim? Performances and his six hitting ability should matter more no?

It was almost an attempt on Azam's life!
Eh, he's a professional sportsman, and he's gotten atleast 10kg heavier from him 2020-2021 days.

It's not inherently unfair. I don't think he has any disease either otherwise he wouldn't be on the field. It's a mental and psychological issue and if he can't overcome that, then cricket isn't for him,

I'd start looking for a desk job or a pcb admin role, I'm sure moin Khan has connections and can help him out, plus azam seems to be educated, has good communication and English speaking skills and seems smart enough to take the job.

. It is his six-hitting ability in domestic cricket and franchise leagues that comes to his aid, otherwise he might never get selected with this fitness.
One thing evident in the last game was that when boundaries were difficult, NZ kept running twos. Sometimes 3-4 twos an over. If Azam struggles to hit boundaries, especially against quality bowlers, what's his plan B? Eat the opposition? He can't run a quick single, let alone two.

Azam has so far survived on a diet consisting of fast food and B-grade bowling. Precisely why he'd struggle in international cricket.

One thing evident in the last game was that when boundaries were difficult, NZ kept running twos. Sometimes 3-4 twos an over. If Azam struggles to hit boundaries, especially against quality bowlers, what's his plan B? Eat the opposition? He can't run a quick single, let alone two.

Azam has so far survived on a diet consisting of fast food and B-grade bowling. Precisely why he'd struggle in international cricket.
Exactly. Not every ball he is going to hit for four or six. He has to run quick ones and with such a fitness, he is going nowhere.

Azam Khan must have trying to convince those army guys that this training is not suitable for him as they thought he is like some sort of dumper truck that can be used to move things from one place to another. :ROFLMAO:

Back