Azam Khan ruled out of New Zealand T20Is - Advised 10-day rest due to a Grade One tear of his right calf muscle [Post#240]

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
This is the level of Azam Khan's fitness. Could not even complete the 2km run.

-------------------------------------

As per reports:

The fitness camp in Kakul starts the test at two in the afternoon, which includes a two-kilometer running session. Today, Azam Khan could only manage one and a half kilometers of the two-kilometer run, completing the distance in 20 minutes before sitting down midway.​

As per reports:

The fitness camp in Kakul starts the test at two in the afternoon, which includes a two-kilometer running session. Today, Azam Khan could only manage one and a half kilometers of the two-kilometer run, completing the distance in 20 minutes before sitting down midway.​
To be honest I am surprised that he managed 1.5 km.

As per reports:

To be completly fair, 1.5km is alot for someone of his caliber so he clearly overexerted himself.

But what is this man doing playing a professional sport 🤦🏻‍♂️

We all know the fitness standard of Azam Khan. 1.5 km in 20 minutes, this is even slower than a turtle. Hope so, by the end of the camp, Azam will lose a few pounds and he can improve his minutes by up to 15.

Last edited:
We all know the fitness standard of Azam Khan. 1.5 km in 20 minutes, this is even slower than a turtle. Hope so, by the end of the camp, Azam will lose a few pounds and he can improve his minutes by up to 15.
It's obvious with his weight it's difficult for him to run with that baggage. But yea if he can get in the habit of training consistently. It will be a success

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obvious with his weight it's difficult for him to run with that baggage. But yea if he can get in the habit of training consistently. It will be a success
This also means that he needs to lose weight. You cannot be doing 2kms in 6-7 minutes with such a body structure. What if PCB sets a benchmark of 8 minutes for 2kms to be completed else no player will be selected for the national team, Azam will never find a spot if it happens.

Last edited:
This also means that he needs to lose weight. You cannot be doing 2kms in 6-7 minutes with such a body structure. What if PCB sets a benchmark of 8 minutes for 2kms to be completed else no player will be selected for the national team, Azam will never find a spot if it happens.
Speaks volumes about Azam's arrogance that he goes around giving interviews of being treated unjustly, while he cannot pass basic fitness tests.

No wonder our players are made fun of all over the world.

Speaks volumes about Azam's arrogance that he goes around giving interviews of being treated unjustly, while he cannot pass basic fitness tests.

No wonder our players are made fun of all over the world.
Yes. He talks too much but he is not serious about improving his body structure to be fitter and make a mark in internationals. He is all talk, no show atm.

Yes. He talks too much but he is not serious about improving his body structure to be fitter and make a mark in internationals. He is all talk, no show atm.
I remember in one psl interview Azam Khan said

" People say that to be a wicketkeeper you need to be Atheletic and someone like me can't keep, I would say they are wrong as I think I'm very Atheletic "

The video is on youtube just saying.

I remember in one psl interview Azam Khan said

" People say that to be a wicketkeeper you need to be Atheletic and someone like me can't keep, I would say they are wrong as I think I'm very Atheletic "

The video is on youtube just saying.
well, Azam got exposed on the very first da of the camp. Now what is he going to say, let's wait.

PCB and Pakistan National are making a mockery of Cricket by including this unfit, unathletic guy into the team, such low are the standards in Pakistan that such a guy can even represent the National side thereby bringing disgrace to the Country and also the Sport of Cricket.

Now a days there is a growing trend of degrading Cricket by including a Pic of Azam Khan which is example of Cricket needing no fitness standards and any Unfit, unathletic person can play the Sport and represent the country at the highest level.

well, Azam got exposed on the very first da of the camp. Now what is he going to say, let's wait.

It'll be some nonsense excuse such as " All Atheletic people need a moment to catch their breath after a period of intense work outs"

Then when people will ask him and say that his teammates completed 2km, he'll just go on a tangent about rest is needed between sessions amd one should not overexert themselves.

It'll be some nonsense along these lines, and 100% this will happen, as I've seen this man be in complete denial about his weight and fitness.

As per reports:

So 1.6 km is a mile, 1.5 km is still under a mile

An average mile time for a male in decent nick is around 7 minutes

Anything under 6 is excellent and what sportsman's athletes special forces can achieve

Meanwhile bholu did it in 20 minutes and even then it was about 150 metres short of a mile .
😄

And people want these players in the team.

The other unfit one is that imad with his chicken thighs and lack of agility and mobility .

Anyone else feel a bit bad for the kid?

Sure he needs to control what he eats but exposing someone so brutally when they clearly have some body issues/psychological issues is a bit too far.

I mean we are all cracking jokes as fans which is understandable but surely someone in the PCB should have realized that this wasn't going to work.

Sure he needs to control what he eats but exposing someone so brutally when they clearly have some body issues/psychological issues is a bit too far.

I mean we are all cracking jokes as fans which is understandable but surely someone in the PCB should have realized that this wasn't going to work.
The reason why I don't feel bad is because Azam Khan himself stated that he thinks he's very Atheletic.

That's not a psychological issue as much as it's pure and utterly denial.

I've met tons of overweight people man, The overweight people in my life who managed to trim down and lose 20 to 24 KG within the course of a year, Acknowledged that they were obese and something had to be done.

They just started eating healthy, like eating fish(Best food for weight loss), fruits, vegetables, lean beef and removing all forms of chocolates, sugar drinks, cakes etc from their lives for atleast a year or max just cheat meals once a week.

As well as most took the initiative to hit the gym, get a personal trainer etc.

However the ones who never lost weight were the ones in compete denial and said the same words azam Khan is saying aka I'm very atheletic or its just my natural body type or I was born this way.

I literally met a person who straight up said that he's trying so hard but he can't seem to lose weight, he said this while holding a double cheese burger in his hands with cheesy fries, Coke and a tirimsu cake on his table.

Azam Khan has himself to blame, he isn't injured or in a wheelchair or cones from a family where he has bad genetics. He comes from a cricket family of athletes.

The reason why I don't feel bad is because Azam Khan himself stated that he thinks he's very Atheletic.

That's not a psychological issue as much as it's pure and utterly denial.

I've met tons of overweight people man, The overweight people in my life who managed to trim down and lose 20 to 24 KG within the course of a year, Acknowledged that they were obese and something had to be done.

They just started eating healthy, like eating fish(Best food for weight loss), fruits, vegetables, lean beef and removing all forms of chocolates, sugar drinks, cakes etc from their lives for atleast a year or max just cheat meals once a week.

As well as most took the initiative to hit the gym, get a personal trainer etc.

However the ones who never lost weight were the ones in compete denial and said the same words azam Khan is saying aka I'm very atheletic or its just my natural body type or I was born this way.

I literally met a person who straight up said that he's trying so hard but he can't seem to lose weight, he said this while holding a double cheese burger in his hands with cheesy fries, Coke and a tirimsu cake on his table.

Azam Khan has himself to blame, he isn't injured or in a wheelchair or cones from a family where he has bad genetics. He comes from a cricket family of athletes.

Azam is different from the run of the mill guys you have met because he is surrounded by athlete players where he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Yet he still doesn't have the motivation to lose weight or even try.

I think he needs some intense psychological sessions to work out why he has this relationship with food before he needs any sort of army training.

Because as you have said, losing weight is quite simple. For a person who plays sports it should be even simpler. But the fact that the can't or won't is not so simple as not trying. Something is holding him back.

And the PCB need to realize this before sending him in to be slaughtered.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be meme galore at the expense of Azam. Poor guy, I feel for him. They should have a personalized training program for him. No point in body shaming him by trying to fit him in with the rest of the boys

Denial is probably a psychological issue too.

Azam is different from the run of the mill guys you have met because he is surrounded by athlete players where he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Yet he still doesn't have the motivation to lose weight or even try.

I think he needs some intense psychological sessions to work out why he has this relationship with food before he needs any sort of army training.

Because as you have said, losing weight is quite simple. For a person who plays sports it should be even simpler. But the fact that the can't or won't is not so simple as not trying. Something is holding him back.

And the PCB need to realize this before sending him in to be slaughtered.
My 2nd cousin is a gym instructor, he owns a small time gym, and his degree is in sports psychology, he's also the one who trained me to drop 16kg and be fit.

According to him this Psychological issue of denial is either due to 2 reasons

A) They think losing weight Is hard, and simply give up because they have fear, that fear is mostly due to the perception that losing weight means you have to starve, which sadly alot of these fad dietitian scam artists across the world feed into and play on people's insecurities by giving them these keto diets that they know they can't complete, Or like this army camp,

Someone like azam can't go through army training, they should have assigned him a personal trainer to take him step by step.

B) Addiction: They just get addicted to unhealthy foods like burgers, fries, Sugar drinks etc and aren't willing to make the switch so they come up with excuses denying things.

The reality is, To lose weight, you actually need to stop calorie counting, amd stop checking the weight scale and typically its good to get a personal trainer as well.

Food wise: When losing weight don't starve, always stuff yourself when you feel hungry.

But don't snack: Lots of times people aren't even hungry and decide to snack lol like having ice cream for no reason.

Secondly, Understand how calories work

A cheese burger + Cheese fries + Coke will stuff an average male human for atleast 6 hours however the calorie intake would be 2500, and obviously a human needs to eat 3 to 4 tines a day, So eating this means 10,000 calories you're eating a day stuffing yourself.

However if you replace that for a heavy stuffing salmon sandwich + a heavy fruit bowl + Cold press orange juice: Not only will you get super stuffed as this food is extremely heavy to eat, calories wise its only 575 cals.

The reason for the difference is because this is non processed, Processed food contains alot of empty calories that are harmful.

So eating this 4x a day results in 2300 cals and an average adult male needs 2500 per day, so you're losing weight, coupled with a personal trainer you'll lose atleast 200 cals extra via workout.

^^ Considering Azam khan's height and weight, All he needs to do is stuff himself with 6 to 8 meals a day( because he's overweight) of non processed food, and slowly but surely he'll naturally lose weight and eventually he'll go back to eating 3 to 4 meals a day after 3 years of following this routine.

BUT obviously ik for a fact that azam Khan stuffs himself with things like Nutella and he 100% snacks alongside his over eating. Theirs no way this man isn't stuffing himself with chapli kebab burgers and unhealthy carb filled sharwmas.

Apparently he was airlifted back to the camp.

1.5km in 20 mins, that’s 0.9 miles…there’s a co-op near my house that’s 0.8 miles away, takes you 17 mins to reach there by walking.

So, basically he just walked for 20 mins?

I hope there's a press conference after the camp.
That's when Azam will reveal he gains weight from drinking water. :uak

No. What is this snowflake nonsense. He is supposed to be a professional athlete of a top cricket country not a village cricketer. If he can't pass a basic fitness test he should be sent away for intense fitness and health training..what does this moron do in the off season? Go to eating contests? How can we fans watch this guy when he wears the green shirt. Either he loses weight or his career ends..that's how I would put it to him..end of..

It's going to be meme galore at the expense of Azam. Poor guy, I feel for him. They should have a personalized training program for him. No point in body shaming him by trying to fit him in with the rest of the boys
He should not be playing cricket aka a professional sport if that's the case?

This is like if was to go into sumo wrestling and someone casually throws my skinny a@s out of the ring and you say

Poor kid, they should have a personalised meal plan for him and a personalised trainer so that he can compete in sumo wrestling? Like why? Why should I get special treatment?

He's playing a sport in which HE IS A KEEPER, fitness is required, a keeper needs to make dives and sometimes even chase the ball if it edges to the back past the keeper, and as a batter he needs to consistently run between the wickets taking doubles and singles? Sometimes a batter needs to run fast enough to avoid being run out as batsmen typically enjoy taking fast or cheeky singles, especially at the back end of the game during the final death overs.

And I'm sick of people acting like losing weight Is hard, in azam khan's case he doesn't even need gym since his sport is cardio based? All he needs is to eat healthy, you can just eat non processed food and stuff yourself and you'll lose weight without feeling hungry?

But instead go and eat that 2500 cal cheese burger, fries and Coke and have it 4x a day while you're at it.

I just read all the posts made here. If what everyone here is claiming happens to be true,

Then theirs no reason to feel bad for him, as he didn't even run or jog.

1.5km in 20 mins, Basically he walked normally, not even briskly, just normally like we humans do for 20 mins, and that was too much for him to handle.

So what do you want the military to do? Tell him to walk casually for 2 mins?

He's so overweight, that no exercise regime will work, not even the light ones that we use for 60 year old grandma's.

He needs to eat healthy and unprocessed food, only after he's slimmed down, then can exercise start.

Otherwise tell me what exercise regime will work? He can't even do one push up, Basically yoga exercises won't work? Plank( Haha), jumping jacks he can't do, burpees (lol), he can't lift weights, can't do bench press, deadlifts, shoulder rotate and twists, no machinery will work as he can't lift or pull, Treadmill, cycling, rowing machine is out of the question. Sit ups, pull ups are out of the way.

Like what exercise can you give this guy? He can't even do 1 set or let alone 1 rep?

All that he can do is walk for 20 mins max and then be airlifted by airbnb lol. You can't give him a personalised weight training regime if no exercise will work?

He needs to eat healthy and drop kilos before you talk about exercise, he's that overweight lol.

No. What is this snowflake nonsense. He is supposed to be a professional athlete of a top cricket country not a village cricketer. If he can't pass a basic fitness test he should be sent away for intense fitness and health training..what does this moron do in the off season? Go to eating contests? How can we fans watch this guy when he wears the green shirt. Either he loses weight or his career ends..that's how I would put it to him..end of..
I don't think it is a snowflake response to expect the board to have the best intentions for a player and to look after their welfare.

We all know just by looking at him that he won't be useful in army camp. What were their expectations of him? Are the board deluded enough to think that any positive impact would be made?

He has 2-3 years of being told to lose weight but has gained it instead.

Either the board should accommodate his lack of fitness or do as you said and refuse to make him part of the Pakistan squad until he loses serious weight. But taking him away to be embarrassed serves 0 purpose and pulls down the standard of the whole group.

I just read all the posts made here. If what everyone here is claiming happens to be true,

Then theirs no reason to feel bad for him, as he didn't even run or jog.

1.5km in 20 mins, Basically he walked normally, not even briskly, just normally like we humans do for 20 mins, and that was too much for him to handle.

So what do you want the military to do? Tell him to walk casually for 2 mins?

He's so overweight, that no exercise regime will work, not even the light ones that we use for 60 year old grandma's.

He needs to eat healthy and unprocessed food, only after he's slimmed down, then can exercise start.

Otherwise tell me what exercise regime will work? He can't even do one push up, Basically yoga exercises won't work? Plank( Haha), jumping jacks he can't do, burpees (lol), he can't lift weights, can't do bench press, deadlifts, shoulder rotate and twists, no machinery will work as he can't lift or pull, Treadmill, cycling, rowing machine is out of the question. Sit ups, pull ups are out of the way.

Like what exercise can you give this guy? He can't even do 1 set or let alone 1 rep?

All that he can do is walk for 20 mins max and then be airlifted by airbnb lol. You can't give him a personalised weight training regime if no exercise will work?

He needs to eat healthy and drop kilos before you talk about exercise, he's that overweight lol.
wow I do 1 mile (1.6 km) at office every day i go to office in 16 minutes :) I basically walk. Ofcourse my BMI is well below normal.

As per reports:

Who is leaking this information?

He should not be playing cricket aka a professional sport if that's the case?

This is like if was to go into sumo wrestling and someone casually throws my skinny a@s out of the ring and you say

Poor kid, they should have a personalised meal plan for him and a personalised trainer so that he can compete in sumo wrestling? Like why? Why should I get special treatment?

He's playing a sport in which HE IS A KEEPER, fitness is required, a keeper needs to make dives and sometimes even chase the ball if it edges to the back past the keeper, and as a batter he needs to consistently run between the wickets taking doubles and singles? Sometimes a batter needs to run fast enough to avoid being run out as batsmen typically enjoy taking fast or cheeky singles, especially at the back end of the game during the final death overs.

And I'm sick of people acting like losing weight Is hard, in azam khan's case he doesn't even need gym since his sport is cardio based? All he needs is to eat healthy, you can just eat non processed food and stuff yourself and you'll lose weight without feeling hungry?

But instead go and eat that 2500 cal cheese burger, fries and Coke and have it 4x a day while you're at it.

Your analogy is off placed mainly because Cricket, especially T20 cricket is not about running 2KM within a time constraint. Rather most cricket cardio is done in short bursts of running that are max between 50-80 meters. Azam Khan's role is the middle order to finnisher position and at max you are playing between 10-12 overs max. Azam Khan only needs to prove that he is fit enough to achieve that and keeping behind the wicket which isn't a very running heavy position and he has done both.

I have yet to see an innings of Azam Khan where he has retired because he is too tired and I am yet to see him unable to keep after batting. He has a proven history that he is adequately fit for the position he is currently playing.

Should he be fitter, obviously yes, his current weight is far from ideal and with the amount of exercise he gets from cricket alone, it is baffling that he is still the weight he is now. Nevertheless, that still doesn't negate the fact that the batting position he is currently playing in, he is one of the best batsman in that position in the world (statistically) in the past 2 years.

The reality is, this fat man can bat and he is one the best in his position and an irrelevant fitness standard should not apply for T20s. If you want to actually test his fitness for his specific role, make him sprint laps of 20 meters with short interval breaks for 30 minutes, this is 1000% a better test for cricket fitness he is required to have.

Your analogy is off placed mainly because Cricket, especially T20 cricket is not about running 2KM within a time constraint. Rather most cricket cardio is done in short bursts of running that are max between 50-80 meters. Azam Khan's role is the middle order to finnisher position and at max you are playing between 10-12 overs max. Azam Khan only needs to prove that he is fit enough to achieve that and keeping behind the wicket which isn't a very running heavy position and he has done both.

I have yet to see an innings of Azam Khan where he has retired because he is too tired and I am yet to see him unable to keep after batting. He has a proven history that he is adequately fit for the position he is currently playing.

Should he be fitter, obviously yes, his current weight is far from ideal and with the amount of exercise he gets from cricket alone, it is baffling that he is still the weight he is now. Nevertheless, that still doesn't negate the fact that the batting position he is currently playing in, he is one of the best batsman in that position in the world (statistically) in the past 2 years.

The reality is, this fat man can bat and he is one the best in his position and an irrelevant fitness standard should not apply for T20s. If you want to actually test his fitness for his specific role, make him sprint laps of 20 meters with short interval breaks for 30 minutes, this is 1000% a better test for cricket fitness he is required to have.
Azam Khan is one of the best batsmen in the world given his current position at which he bats?

Dude doesn't even average more then 10, do you have any idea how many batsmen bat in the lower order at 5,6 and 7?

You're telling me the fat man is superior to pandya, Rahul, Maxwell, Chapman, Glenn Philips, klaseen,butler, and many more who have played at this position for decades?

His league stats don't mean anything if any Tom, dick and Harry just get rid of him as soon as comes forward in International.

Loony toon logic.

I don't think it is a snowflake response to expect the board to have the best intentions for a player and to look after their welfare.

We all know just by looking at him that he won't be useful in army camp. What were their expectations of him? Are the board deluded enough to think that any positive impact would be made?

Either the board should accommodate his lack of fitness or do as you said and refuse to make him part of the Pakistan squad until he loses serious weight. But taking him away to be embarrassed serves 0 purpose and pulls down the standard of the whole group.

This. Either accept that you need his power hitting at #5 , acknowledging that his keeping skills + middle order hitting is worth the lack of optimum fitness.

Or select purely from a pool of uber fit cricketers only by setting a fitness standard, de facto banning him from the team.

PCB can't half-ass this stuff. These camps are for fine tuning. You can't turn a morbidly obese guy into an elite athlete all of a sudden .

Azam Khan has been part of the international setup for over three years now. He has had the opportunity to interact and compete alongside top international athletes in events like the PSL and CPL. If even those athletes especially caribbean lads, couldn't inspire him to prioritize fitness and weight loss, it's unlikely that any fitness camp in the world could transform him into a fit individual.

It seems to be a matter of priorities rather than capability. I believe that losing weight is much easier compared to pursuing a career in professional sports, especially when you have access to top-class dieticians, fitness coaches, and gyms.

I'm not even interested in how Azam Khan is faring at the camp. I'm more curious about how the pot belly players are handling all the running. Their shortcomings might be overlooked and ignored just because the big man is around them. Wish we had videos

It is clear that he isn't getting fit. He is saying take me as me and the selectors have no clear policy

Great post! The board is too incompetent in this regard.

Azam Khan is one of the best batsmen in the world given his current position at which he bats?

Dude doesn't even average more then 10, do you have any idea how many batsmen bat in the lower order at 5,6 and 7?

You're telling me the fat man is superior to pandya, Rahul, Maxwell, Chapman, Glenn Philips, klaseen,butler, and many more who have played at this position for decades?

His league stats don't mean anything if any Tom, dick and Harry just get rid of him as soon as comes forward in International.

Loony toon logic.

Man has played 7 innings in international cricket and non at home, I wouldn't take that as the best judge in terms of his current playing ability. He averages 32 at a strike rate of 165 in the PSL for the last 2 seasons as a finisher. That alone should deserve a long run like the likes of Asif Ali and Khushdil got and they never showed that consistency.

1.5Km in 20 minutes. I am a super unfit person and I walk daily for around 1.3KM I complete that in about 20 minutes. This is normal walking btw.

So Azams running speed is my waking speed 🤭

Azam is a keeper and he does not need to run marathons. After seeing him in PSL, he is good enough to keep for 20 overs. He is also very agile for his size. He should lose at least 50 pounds.

Man has played 7 innings in international cricket and non at home, I wouldn't take that as the best judge in terms of his current playing ability. He averages 32 at a strike rate of 165 in the PSL for the last 2 seasons as a finisher. That alone should deserve a long run like the likes of Asif Ali and Khushdil got and they never showed that consistency.
No one brought up asif Ali or Khusdil.

And don't change the topic or premise.

You called him one of the best players in modern cricket at the position he plays in,

You're basically saying Azam Khan is superior or atleast in the same tier as all the people I mentioned.

Secondly you're ignoring that he's also a keeper, first of since rizwan is their, he'll have to field, which is beyond hilarious since he can't even run.

Secondly if he does keep, he can't make long jumps like rizwan can to save boundaries going over the keepers head, nor is he anywhere near Atheletic enough to compete with rizwan.

I don't like rizwan, but I can't deny that rizwan's keeping skills are far far superior to any of our keepers in the past including the like of sarfraz, Haris, Kamran akmal, Umar akmal etc, Azam Khan isn't even close to sarfraz's keeping ability, rizwan vs azam isn't a competition,

Rizwan is literally the 2nd fittest member of the whole camp.

Lastly you're severely underestimating and low balling his fitness, the whole he can run short term and keep long term as shown in psl, that's false, he was struggling multiple times to take convert singles into doubles, something other bats had no issue with, and he was near out of breathe in every game, as a keeper, he was mostly a Wall, incapable of actually making dives etc, he's a good catcher behind the stumps though, but that's about it, unless the edged delivery comes straight at him, he can't catch.

The fitness test that he flunked wasn't excruciating, he walked KEY WORD walked for 20 minutes and had to be airlifted due to shortness of breath.

This man can't even walk properly for 20 minutes.

If he wants to play franchise let him, but azam Khan is barely older then me, and yet he can fit 10 of em inside him.

1.5Km in 20 minutes. I am a super unfit person and I walk daily for around 1.3KM I complete that in about 20 minutes. This is normal walking btw.

So Azams running speed is my waking speed 🤭
He wasn't running, Azam was just walking and that walk alone killed him.

I would just give him 10 games straight as a keeper if he fails drop him for good or unless he loses weight, if can be a consistent with power hitting down the order and can compensate for his poor fitness keep him

we had super fit players playing for Pakistan but were useless what good is fitness if you cant take wickets for score runs

I would just give him 10 games straight as a keeper if he fails drop him for good or unless he loses weight, if can be a consistent with power hitting down the order and can compensate for his poor fitness keep him

we had super fit players playing for Pakistan but were useless what good is fitness if you cant take wickets for score runs
Thing is his fitness is a joke, Overweight players like inzi weren't this obese.

Azam can't even walk for 20 mins, He'll be dead if he plays consistently for Pakistan.

His health would be at risk.

It doesn't help that in 2022 he looks obese, But in 2024 he has transformed into Big Daddy V.

He gets fatter every time I see him, meaning he's easily consuming 5000+ cals every day.

I dont think Azam Khan merits a selection in the final 15 at all. Not even in this squad of 20/30. Usman khan is back. No way on earth Azam Khan gets selected when he is there.

Our grandparents walk faster than that.

1.5 km in 20 minutes, this is a joke right?

How difficult is it for some to understand that with his pathetic fitness levels you cant play International cricket? Have you seen his matches vs NZ? He is over hyped to the moon by our fans. Its another low for Pak cricket that such players are playing for the national team. There should be 0 compromise on fitness levels, I mean thats their job, to stay fit!

No one brought up asif Ali or Khusdil.

And don't change the topic or premise.

You called him one of the best players in modern cricket at the position he plays in,

You're basically saying Azam Khan is superior or atleast in the same tier as all the people I mentioned.

Secondly you're ignoring that he's also a keeper, first of since rizwan is their, he'll have to field, which is beyond hilarious since he can't even run.

Secondly if he does keep, he can't make long jumps like rizwan can to save boundaries going over the keepers head, nor is he anywhere near Atheletic enough to compete with rizwan.

I don't like rizwan, but I can't deny that rizwan's keeping skills are far far superior to any of our keepers in the past including the like of sarfraz, Haris, Kamran akmal, Umar akmal etc, Azam Khan isn't even close to sarfraz's keeping ability, rizwan vs azam isn't a competition,

Rizwan is literally the 2nd fittest member of the whole camp.

Lastly you're severely underestimating and low balling his fitness, the whole he can run short term and keep long term as shown in psl, that's false, he was struggling multiple times to take convert singles into doubles, something other bats had no issue with, and he was near out of breathe in every game, as a keeper, he was mostly a Wall, incapable of actually making dives etc, he's a good catcher behind the stumps though, but that's about it, unless the edged delivery comes straight at him, he can't catch.

The fitness test that he flunked wasn't excruciating, he walked KEY WORD walked for 20 minutes and had to be airlifted due to shortness of breath.

This man can't even walk properly for 20 minutes.

If he wants to play franchise let him, but azam Khan is barely older then me, and yet he can fit 10 of em inside him.
Bruh....
I didn't even say that.. Take a look at my original post.

I stated a fact, he has been ONE of the best batsman in the position he plays, I was referring to T20 cricket, in the last 2 years. I even gave you his average and strike rate in that period of time.

Bring me the strike rate and average of those guys in your list in the past 2 years in T20 and you'll prove me wrong otherwise all you have is your feelings, and the facts don't really care about those.

Just to add commentary to your list of "finnisher" players you mentioned in comparison to Azam Khan and my overall opinion of them and not just these last 2 years:

Pandya>Azam Khan
Azam Khan>>>Rahul isn't a finisher in T20, idk why you would even put him in this T20 list...
Maxwell>>>Azam Khan
Azam Khan> Chapman (Really Chapman, bro is straight up trash and has been called NZ C team everytime he plays)
Glenn Philips>Azam Khan
Klassen>>>Azam Khan
Butler (even though he is opener now)>>>Azam Khan

The fitness of this guy is so atrocious most normal people can walk 1.6km in 20 minutes that's walk not run 😄
My doctor told me that a total of 6km of 12 minute per kilometre walks don't count as moderate exercise. :)

Everyone knows his fitness isn't up to the standard that are set.The management should conduct another test after ramadan and give them target that are realistic.

They need to give him a permanent room at Kakul and keep him there for a year, when he returns to the limelight everyone will be shocked to see Adonis Creed emerging from the wilderness. I’m shocked he even showed up at the camp.

How is that even possible, am sure most here could do about 2km in 20 min very easily with walking in there to.

This guy is just a FAT & LAZY MUFFER.

I would love to see what happened during the 20 min, are they sure it didn’t include a trip to Burger King?

Shame on the cowards who want this manj in the team.

Does he not realise that he has 3 retirement cards to play with?

If I was Azam Khan, I would’ve retired due to the deterioration of my “mental health”.

And, as soon as the Kakul camp was over, I would’ve made myself available for Pakistan.

Not to be too dramatic, but making Azam sprint laps for 30 mins might literally kill him

Expecting Azam Khan to complete a rigorous fitness test is like expecting a raging alcoholic to stay sober visiting a pub.

Clearly Azam has long stopped caring about his fitness. If he never plays for Pakistan again, he'll still make decent coin playing franchise leagues. The bigger fools are the selectors who included him in this camp.

Apparently he was airlifted back to the camp.

1.5km in 20 mins, that’s 0.9 miles…there’s a co-op near my house that’s 0.8 miles away, takes you 17 mins to reach there by walking.

So, basically he just walked for 20 mins?
Airlifted after walking for less than a mile?

He needs medical help. How in the world some one like him even reached to the top level?

We are all taking the mickey but maybe there is a bit of exaggeration in story. I am sure the 20 mins time is a Chinese whisper since it seems too fanciful.

Also it might be that the run was one of the later activities in the day and Azam had literally hit the wall energy wise midway.

None of these are excuses and this clearly shows he is nowhere near international level ready, but just pointing out since I feel bad for him.

Under the training of Pakistan Army in Kakul, Irfan Khan Niazi covered the distance of 2 KM in 6 minutes and 47 seconds to top the chart. Muhammed Rizwan achieved the 2 KM milestone in 8 minutes and 30 seconds to reach the second position.

We are all taking the mickey but maybe there is a bit of exaggeration in story. I am sure the 20 mins time is a Chinese whisper since it seems too fanciful.

Also it might be that the run was one of the later activities in the day and Azam had literally hit the wall energy wise midway.

None of these are excuses and this clearly shows he is nowhere near international level ready, but just pointing out since I feel bad for him.
"Hitting the wall" varies from person to person. It is totally believable he got wasted after 20 minutes. Probably it was a slopped terrain.

In all honesty unless there is a video i doubt he is this unfit.

Back