Babar Azam displaced by Mohammad Rizwan as top-ranked batter in Men's T20I Player Rankings

Sarcasm aside, I think they should T20 specific impact matrix to calculate the points. They have to come up with an MVP formula. It is comical to see being no.1 T20 bastman while Buttler being no.17th ranked T20 batsman. SKY's ranking is justifiable. Last 12 months great batting performance until this Asia cup slump.
Sky has proved to be just a bilateral bully, nothing else. In world tourneys, he has proved to be a total dud so far.

Hope he changes that in coming WT20.

khNKyrh.png
Did Rizwan really post that, I thought that was from a die hard fan of Babar and Rizwan! Cringe worthy to say the least!

Pakistan veteran Mohammad Rizwan maintains his lead at the head of the T20I batter rankings, while South Africa's Aiden Markram jumps in front of Babar Azam to claim second place in a tight battle for top billing.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2789999

Sky has proved to be just a bilateral bully, nothing else. In world tourneys, he has proved to be a total dud so far.

Hope he changes that in coming WT20.

I think it is more of a coincidence rather than some deficiency. We will know in the coming days.

I think it is more of a coincidence rather than some deficiency. We will know in the coming days.
One instance might have been a coincidence but what about 2 such instances? And the only team he made hay against was minnows HK.

One instance might have been a coincidence but what about 2 such instances? And the only team he made hay against was minnows HK.

Either way, it is too low a sample to make a judgment one way or the other. Not like he was consistently beaten by better sides before getting out. Sure he would want to be more reliable do well in crunch games. So far there is no pattern in his dismissals. He likes to maneouver the field and sometimes he doesn't succeed.

Either way, it is too low a sample to make a judgment one way or the other. Not like he was consistently beaten by better sides before getting out. Sure he would want to be more reliable do well in crunch games. So far there is no pattern in his dismissals. He likes to maneouver the field and sometimes he doesn't succeed.
Alright, lets wait for WT20 to get over. May be then it'll be correct to form an opinion about him. But what I've seen of him in these 2 tournaments, I'm not very hopeful.

Rizwan started the tri-series with an unbeaten 78, but hasn't made significant contributions since. His lead over Yadav is now reduced to just 15 rating points and Babar is another 30 points back in third. The upcoming ICC Men's T20 World Cup in Australia should heat up the three-way race for the pole position.

Prepare thyself, O gentle folk of PakPassion :D

Update expected anytime and may not be favourable for Riz.

Prepare thyself, O gentle folk of PakPassion :D

Update expected anytime and may not be favourable for Riz.

Did the minnow basher finally made it to no.1? Good for him though

now watch how Indians and Pakistani fans that like to kiss up to Indians will find ICC rankings to be alright

now watch how Indians and Pakistani fans that like to kiss up to Indians will find ICC rankings to be alright

Rizwan fans are Misbah worshippers

Not Pakistan fans

Lol at calling SKY a minnow-basher. Check his record against the major sides. :)))

The rise of Suryakumar Yadav is complete with the India star completing his remarkable recent rise to claim top spot on the latest MRF Tyres ICC Men's Player Rankings for T20I batters.

Yadav overtakes Pakistan veteran Mohammad Rizwan on the back of his impressive start to the ICC Men's T20 World Cup, where the 32-year-old has registered back-to-back half centuries against the Netherlands and South Africa.

5Qt2AGb.png

The rise of Suryakumar Yadav is complete with the India star completing his remarkable recent rise to claim top spot on the latest MRF Tyres ICC Men's Player Rankings for T20I batters.

Yadav overtakes Pakistan veteran Mohammad Rizwan on the back of his impressive start to the ICC Men's T20 World Cup, where the 32-year-old has registered back-to-back half centuries against the Netherlands and South Africa.

5Qt2AGb.png

Burrrrrraaaaaaaa!!!!

Finally a proper number 1!!!!

Back