Balochistan v Federal Areas | 4 day game | Karachi | 22/02/2008 to 25/02/2008

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Naseem Khan's (who?) Balochistan will take on a leaderless Federal Areas after Shoaib Akhtar was unceremoniously banned/dropped from the Pentangular Cup.

On paper both teams look fairly balanced with bowlers like Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Ali, Mohammad Irshad, Abdur Rauf and Yasir Arafat playing. The batting is quite even too so it should make for a good contest.

This is Balochistan's first game and Federal Areas is coming off a drawn game and the rather embarassing dropping of their captain so the game could go either way.

Below are the Squads for both teams...

Federal Areas: Shoaib Akhtar (capt), Rao Iftikhar (vice-capt), Yasir Arafat, Sohail Tanvir, Rauf Akbar, Naeem Anjum (wk), Afaq Raheem, Raheel Majeed, Naveed Qureshi, Usman Saeed, Bazid Khan, Shahzad Azam Rana, Omair Khan, Atif Maqbool, Fayyaz Ahmad, Bilal Asad, Asher Zaidi, Babar Naeem, Yasir Ali, Asadullah Sumeri.

Balochistan: Usman Tariq, Imran Nazir, Saeed Anwar jnr, Shoaib Khan, Naseem Khan (capt), Sohaib Maqsood, Rameez Alam, Bilal Khiljee, Saeed Bin Nasir, Jalat Khan, Abdur Rauf (vice-capt), Kamran Hussain, Azharullah, Tanvir Ahmad, Mohammad Irshad, Imranullah Aslam, Gulraiz Sadaf (wk), Nazar Hussain, Faisal Irfan, Yasir Arafat (jnr).

Gunner786 said:
shoaib akhtar is still in your squad

I know. Its still so hard for our bichara Merc just to let him go!

When does this game start? Think I may try to catch a bit

my TV lounge is once again full of aunties so if someone could please tell the score

my cousin from pakistan IM'ed me the scores hes watching it on geo super... the score is 155-4

SohailQureshi said:
my cousin from pakistan IM'ed me the scores hes watching it on geo super... the score is 155-4
any idea who has got the runs so far Sohail - thanks ?

Why pakistan are always behind in everything , india,Rsa and srilanka get to brodcast all their domestic matches and everything.is it because we dont realy have anyone on cricinfo apart from a couple of journalists.maybe its time we hired a commentator,one of our own..or is it that the pcb has to invest alittle more money.

Pak_mystery said:
Why pakistan are always behind in everything , india,Rsa and srilanka get to brodcast all their domestic matches and everything.is it because we dont realy have anyone on cricinfo apart from a couple of journalists.maybe its time we hired a commentator,one of our own..or is it that the pcb has to invest alittle more money.

Just as a guess, cricinfo would be able to see how many hits a page gets so maybe Pakistan domestic matches don't get enough hits?

That said Cricinfo should try to cover all the domestic matches in Test countries - if it wants to be THE site for cricket.

Mercenary said:
Naseem Khan's (who?) Balochistan will take on a leaderless Federal Areas after Shoaib Akhtar was unceremoniously banned/dropped from the Pentangular Cup.

Ridiculous from the PCB - if they really wanted to irritate Shoaib they should have made him play instead. Win - win, Shoaib gets fitter and hopefully angry and takes some wickets, PCB get to annoy him by making him do smething he doesn't like ie play cricket without the hero worship.

I will go out on a limb here and say Shoaib will not play against Australia on the tour. This man is a walking farce - great bowler in his day - but a complete farce these days.

Random Aussie said:
Just as a guess, cricinfo would be able to see how many hits a page gets so maybe Pakistan domestic matches don't get enough hits?

That said Cricinfo should try to cover all the domestic matches in Test countries - if it wants to be THE site for cricket.

well the commentators on cricinfo are either from england or india, you hardly see anyone else so how should they cover othe matches. So i think every country should have someone to commentate for them on cricinfo...its either that the other countries do not have enough time/money to waste on such things,or perhaps they are not welcome on cricinfo's coverage.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Ridiculous from the PCB - if they really wanted to irritate Shoaib they should have made him play instead. Win - win, Shoaib gets fitter and hopefully angry and takes some wickets, PCB get to annoy him by making him do smething he doesn't like ie play cricket without the hero worship.

I will go out on a limb here and say Shoaib will not play against Australia on the tour. This man is a walking farce - great bowler in his day - but a complete farce these days.

The guy initiallyy said 'Oh I will play a few games and prove my fitness...

Then changed to 'Oh my Sister's wedding is coming...I will probably play one more game'...maybe!

Later he said 'I will be going to India on the 20th to 'Grab Bags of Free Money' for being part of IPL but not playing much as usual'...and then he ditched his sister's wedding arrangements and leaves on the 16th of Feb instead of 20th'...so much for the 'Love of Her Sister'

Now he is seen partying and stuff there (I suppose)...

So I don't know whether PCB were wrong in ditching this leech or not; do you?

Monsee said:

Then changed to 'Oh my Sister's wedding is coming...I will probably play one more game'...maybe!

Later he said 'I will be going to India on the 20th to 'Grab Bags of Free Money' for being part of IPL but not playing much as usual'...and then he ditched his sister's wedding arrangements and leaves on the 16th of Feb instead of 20th'...so much for the 'Love of Her Sister'

proof of any of this .. (particularly that he decided to pull out before the PCB talked of banning him) ?

Pak_mystery said:
For this series there should have been no problem covering it. I mean PCB headquarters is at Qadaffi stadium and one has to just look out the window and update the score. The other match is on TV and the same person can do that too

Hash said:
my TV lounge is once again full of aunties so if someone could please tell the score
05-08 Mar Sindh-Federal Areas Diamond Ground Islamabad -
You can watch Faisal Iqbal, Anwar Ali and Sohail Khan live

Hash said:
Hash in future please create a PP account for some of these aunties and ask them to update us with the scores. I'm sure they'll understand the importance of this :D

Imranullah - a half century batting at 10.

Impressive stuff from Sohail Tanvir and Yasir Arafat. Bazid Khan a 3rd ball duck, oh dear oh dear.

Good to see Usman Tariq get runs, he has aspirations to keep improving and with the openers problem been a never ending problem he could get a call up one day.

12thMan said:
05-08 Mar Sindh-Federal Areas Diamond Ground Islamabad -
You can watch Faisal Iqbal, Anwar Ali and Sohail Khan live

Yes.....I will pop over for one of the days, definitely. Shall I try to get Bhanja to do us an interview?

Saj said:
Hash in future please create a PP account for some of these aunties and ask them to update us with the scores. I'm sure they'll understand the importance of this

:)) I'll try.

Monsee said:

I think they were right in ditching him - I just question whether they have actually ditched him.

If he is going to play in the Tests though he needs to be playing these games. If he is not then I agree with PCB

Haha a Shoaib-less Pak against Aus. Not good...

Sure Asif and Gul are excellent but Pak needs the pace and experience of Shoaib until they can groom another pacy bowler.

updated the score.

Federal Areas: 441/7

runs for Raheel Majeed, Usman Saeed, and Naved Ashraf.

Sohail Tanvir having a good match in this one.

oh dear Yasir Arafat after taking 4 wickets was out for a golden duck.

kashif77 said:
proof of any of this .. (particularly that he decided to pull out before the PCB talked of banning him) ?

Let me buy you a 'White Stick'...you always have difficulty seeing the truth when it involves something against Mr. Akhtar :p

Sohail Tanvir scored a big century...132!

And then helped bowl out Baluchistan with 3 more wickets; all together a huge game for him!

8 wickets and a century...wow! :14:

Baluchistan bowled out for 132 without any fight; win for Federal Areas by an innings and 212 runs and that without our 'Number One Match Winner', who is/was their skipper too :p

Fantastic performance by Sohail Tanvir. Hope he continues to get better.

well done Sohail Tanvir!!!
May ALLAH give him more succeses (internationally as well)

Great all round performance from Tanvir, 8 wickets and 132 runs is remarkable at any level of the game

hussain_0216 said:
Second faiure for Afaq Raheem he isnt doing himself any favours

Mansoor Rana said Afaq has been strongly recommended to be part of the next test squad so he really needs to make a big noise in this pentangular to help the selectors make their minds up about him.

Monsee said:
Let me buy you a 'White Stick'...you always have difficulty seeing the truth when it involves something against Mr. Akhtar :p

no proof then ?

if not then ur spreading vicious rumors.

Last edited:
Mercenary said:
Mansoor Rana said Afaq has been strongly recommended to be part of the next test squad so he really needs to make a big noise in this pentangular to help the selectors make their minds up about him.

He really needs to stop failing.

Still a couple of rounds left. Let's hope he can get a big one.

How bad is baluchistan if Tanvir can get a century he could not make 15 runs against an indian attack

kashif77 said:
no proof then ?

if not then ur spreading vicious rumors.

I am busy buying the White Stick cause as others have pointed out before...no use arguing with you about anything against Shoaib!

Does he know you as his No 1 fan...maybe you need to get paid for defending him 24/7

Woah!!

What a match for Tanvir 8 wickets and a century what more could u want !!!

Kamran Hussein and Abdur Rauf both didnt bat in the second innings due to injuries?

PDCIP (Play Domestic Cricket in Peace) Abdur Rauf

Bowled very poorly in this game

Last edited:
I agree,

I changed it, because I think if he continues with tis form we will never see him in a Pak shirt again..

I dont know if that is good or bad

Back