Bangladesh [322/3] defeat West Indies [321/8] by 7 wickets in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

I think we have to ball first against Bangladesh. Bangladesh is very good in chasing unless we score 400 runs and other bowlers support Amir

West Indies dark horse? hahhahaha . What a fool am i to think that they even have some realistic chance.

Das is so majestic, he should always be in Bangladesh's starting XI.

This how Liton Das destroyed Thomas in BD last time in many LOI’s. He looks like a timer but trust me he has big power shots too. He was one of the the reason why BD chased 210 in a t20 against Lanka in Lanka.

This is a massive win in terms of nrr as well. Legendary stuff from Shakib! Dream wc for him so far...

300 inside 40 overs. And we tumbled for 100 against the same windies attack. What is happening?

Bangladeshi batting is a treat to watch, I hope they can make the SF cut.

Still people rate him lower than Pandya. Where is that Canford Cliff guy who said that Shakib is not an impact player. :inti

Who rates? nobody. Pandya has a specific role he is doing it perfectly. He is a finisher. Quick cameos. Averaging 44.50 at a strike rate of 167 in this world cup.

What kind of monotonous rubbish bowling is this!! Take nothing away from Shakib and Bangladesh though.

BD will win one of India or Australia for sure. With so much batting depth they will be in semi.

Bangladesh could’ve had their first 400 in ODI if they were in this situation batting first.

This Bangladesh team will beat the day lights out of Pakistan

Last edited:
West Indies - 20 4's and 11 6's
Bangladesh so far - 29 4's and 6 6's

Inform batsmen determine the fortunes of the team. Shakib's form is magical. It has rubbed onto others. Even Tamim has found the touch. Rahim always will find a way. Litton Das is in great form aswell

Oh wow , didn’t expect Banglaa bros killing it , glad to see Mushi being useless though!

Shakib is turning on his game for the wc!

What kind of monotonous rubbish bowling is this!! Take nothing away from Shakib and Bangladesh though.

Not just batting even their bowling. Dots or 4's/6's. Not fighting it out except for Hope.

Liton needs 22 for the ton, there’s 17runs left to get. If only windies scored 350 we could’ve broken the wc chase record

So WI, Pakistan and SA out. it will either NZ or Bangladesh. This is BD's best team and next World Cup Sakib, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Tamim and Mahrafee will not be there.

BD will win one of India or Australia for sure. With so much batting depth they will be in semi.

I guess the weather is improving so that won't be playing a role anymore

I just have a feeling....after all this we will lose to Afghanistan and be labelled minnows in this forum all over again.

You heard it here first folks.

Windies bowling is too one dimensional. They need to bring spinner in.

If Soumya and Liton fires big together ..we will win way more matches

Irritating commentator. If I was a Bangladeshi I would not have likes Athar’s commentary at all

Liton needs 22 for the ton, there’s 17runs left to get. If only windies scored 350 we could’ve broken the wc chase record

I agree it's a shame. To be on the safe side, Bangladesh should let Pakistan score 400+ so there will be enough for at least two Bangladeshi players to score centuries.

Sarkar goes on the overdrive hence why he will never be like someone close to Dhawan. Dhawan is well matured and knows which shot to chose. Sarkar just gets over excited. He has talent, fine stroke maker but has be more smart in his ways of going about the innings.

Sarkar gave BD flying start in that tri series final chase. Needed him to fire 60-70 in quick balls. Now Liton das will be key in the middle order.

As I said in the latter part above. LITON DAS will be the key in the middle order. :)

Lovely win by BD, could have chased down 380 today!

Congrats BD brothers:)

Congratulations Bangladesh and BD fans and supporters/well wishers of BDCT.

Congrats Shakib Al hasan on the ton. Excellent from Sarkar and Tamim at the top to start off. Brilliant innings from Liton. Well done all round.

Sabbir should be brought in as well.

True. If we have the guts to drop Mosaddek and get Sabbir it could be a masterstroke. Maybe even Rubel for Saifuddin though he hasnt done too bad considering his limitations.

Feel bad for Liton not able to get the ton ad there weren’t runs left to get.

No one would have said we would be ahead of South Africa after 5 matches played each by both teams.

True. If we have the guts to drop Mosaddek and get Sabbir it could be a masterstroke. Maybe even Rubel for Saifuddin though he hasnt done too bad considering his limitations.

Rubel in for Miraz. Keep Mossadekk there for now. I’d like Sabbir too but Mossa gives a decent ish more than part timer, offie option and can be handy.

Most of the upsets BD has caused against top teams in earlier WCs is by chasing...

Except this isnt an upset. We have been toying with WI in recent times. As Tamim said, Bangladesh are favourites for this match.

WI really need to stop treating ODIs as extended T20s.

Wow unbelievable performance. And to think Pakistan has a chance against this side lol

Back