Bangladesh v New Zealand l 2nd Test l Dhaka | Oct 21-25, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's the big boys, the little fish and minnows.

Pakistan are neither powerful enough or good enough to be with the big boys.

Big Boys
SA
England
Australia
India

Little Fish
Pakistan
NZ
SL
WI

Minnows
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

There is no way Pakistan and Sri Lanka are in the same group as West Indies and New Zealand. In current times Pakistan, Sri Lanka and even Australia are in between Big Boys and Little Fish. But if you look at all time, Pakistan is up there with the Big Boys, while SL is still in between....

Maiden 100 for Anderson.

76.2 Sohag Gazi to Anderson, FOUR, works it nicely through the gap to the midwicket fence, gets to his 100 well done, removes his helmet, raises his hands and he is extremely happy, wonderful batting.

79.4 Abdur Razzak to Williamson, OUT, Razzak strikes!

KS Williamson c Tamim Iqbal b Abdur Razzak 62 (151b 6x4 0x6) SR: 41.05

NZ 267/5, trail by 15 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.

Building the lead now.

New Zealand 286/5, lead by 4 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.

Soft dismissal by Anderson. Great knock though.

Good stuff by the young seamer. Not an easy job on these wickets.

Wait did the commentator just say Shakib can win matches with bat and ball? :shakib

Vettori should not be criticized by anyone. Hes an excellent bowler he just doesn't run through sides anymore. Hes also a very good batsman in the 2nd half of his career.

If he got to play against NZ he would have far more wickets.

Vettori should not be criticized by anyone. Hes an excellent bowler he just doesn't run through sides anymore. Hes also a very good batsman in the 2nd half of his career.

If he got to play against NZ he would have far more wickets.

Kind of reminds me of Pollock in the later stages of his career. Became quite a good batsman.

15 overs left in the day.

It would be interesting How BD bat in second innings. They would have to bat out at least 4 sessions to save the game.

i dont get it why bangladesh is playaing bowlers with an average of over seventy.
rubel has an average of 77 and razaq 70 .then why is bangladesh playing then.
arent their any good bowlers..

i dont get it why bangladesh is playaing bowlers with an average of over seventy.
rubel has an average of 77 and razaq 70 .then why is bangladesh playing then.
arent their any good bowlers..

Nah man, Bangladesh haven't produced a quality pacer ever since they got Test status. I don't think they ever will produce a quality pacer, Ian Pont was the bowling coach for a while and he hyped Rubel to be the next :akhtar and Shafiul to be the next McGrath hence a lot of fans were deluded, got into his words and started comparing these two rubbish bowlers to world class bowlers. Rubel got hit for six sixes by Naeem Islam and Shafiul gets spanked by even Shahadat Hossain.

Anyway, I don't think I can join you folks further my computer is crashing :odoyo

Good that the minnow kiwis are giving us a fight, we'll beat them from left to right.

The Boss is always Right. :afridi
Adios Astala Vista Baby :hadlee

i actually thought bangladesh might win this series. turns out they're still completely awful.

Nah man, Bangladesh haven't produced a quality pacer ever since they got Test status. I don't think they ever will produce a quality pacer, Ian Pont was the bowling coach for a while and he hyped Rubel to be the next :akhtar and Shafiul to be the next McGrath hence a lot of fans were deluded, got into his words and started comparing these two rubbish bowlers to world class bowlers.

Don't be a fool.

When I was working with Rubel and Shafiul they improved a great deal and instead of being hit for 6 an over as they were before, they actually got better. If you don't continue to do the work, those players start to fade, which is what you see.

The issue with BD is they do not have a pace academy or ANY planning for pace bowling. No one can work miracles without funding and a will to support a fast bowling unit.

I disagree about BD not producing a quality pacer either. Mashrafe, before his 6 knee operations and issues, was a pretty decent pacer with swing and control.

BD have struggled to get tail enders out here. Lead is already 145 runs. BD need rain here to save them

Lunch

Bangladesh trail by 68 runs with 8 wickets remaining

BD would be disappointed for loosing two wickets.

groundsman must be there and rest of the staff :))

lol Wrong!!! Hardly any crowd in the Pakistan series hahaha....

Bangladesh game is getting packed so don't know what you're talking about. Pak games looks dead silent lol

Last edited:
Don't be a fool.

When I was working with Rubel and Shafiul they improved a great deal and instead of being hit for 6 an over as they were before, they actually got better. If you don't continue to do the work, those players start to fade, which is what you see.

The issue with BD is they do not have a pace academy or ANY planning for pace bowling. No one can work miracles without funding and a will to support a fast bowling unit.

I disagree about BD not producing a quality pacer either. Mashrafe, before his 6 knee operations and issues, was a pretty decent pacer with swing and control.

Rubel and Shafiul were under you but i haven't seen any improvement whatsoever in them. Rubel averages 74.88, and I can't recall any match winning spell produced by him while under you. Shafiul on the other hand has been expensive all the time and his match winning performances were always against minnows in ODI's.

None of our pacers showed any maturity nor skills at Test level. The words which came from you were indeed encouraging and motivating but unfortunately during your regime the result was Nil. I am not deluded like the rest of the fans in other forum, just calling a spade a spade.

If we look at Al Amin, Abul Hasan the newcomers, they haven't bowled a single over that troubled even a tailender. Yes we don't have a academy for pacers but did we have an academy for batsmen? We are producing consistent performers in Monimul, Nasir etc but no pacers whatsoever.

Mashrafee we all know about his case, he gets injured after playing a match or two, he wasn't anything special in Test. Even Jason Gilespie scored a double ton against him. Not disrespecting you Coach just sharing my opinion.

he has the height advantage. anything on a good length is short and wide to him.

nasir gazi and mominul. we have produced some gems

because he was not in the best of touch in that format.

even the greatest modern batsman took almost a 100 match to score a odi century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back