Bangladesh v Sri Lanka | 1st T20I | Chittagong | 12 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the same old lankan meeting starts Mathews Chandimal Sanga Dilshan :13:

They will be looking at it. Look like waist high

Goodness me at least 4 full tosses by Perera in final over and still won :13:

SL behaved like minnows would not be surprised IF Chandimal is fined for over rate

Disheartening for us.

If it was called a no-ball, we might have won it :(

Great match non-theless

Bijoy did a Misbah

Nope, thats a different thing. Misbah didn't have to go for it and played a poor shot at the end. Bijoy got a juicy full toss, though it was bit too high for me.

Well, nothing to do here. We atleast showed that we have the ability beat the best T20 sides around. And the loss should not really hurt us. (Its just a T20, least important format)

Anamul Haque played a pretty poor innings considering the number of balls he faced.

Shakib's wicket was the turning point though.

Anamul Haque played a pretty poor innings considering the number of balls he faced.

Shakib's wicket was the turning point though.

Can't blame Anamul because the others were gifting their wickets at will on the other end.

And SL were bowling extremely well, credit to them.

Nope, thats a different thing. Misbah didn't have to go for it and played a poor shot at the end. Bijoy got a juicy full toss, though it was bit too high for me.

Well, nothing to do here. We atleast showed that we have the ability beat the best T20 sides around. And the loss should not really hurt us. (Its just a T20, least important format)

This has been the story of bengalis. Everytime they lose they find comfort in the effort. When will this loser mentality end?

This has been the story of bengalis. Everytime they lose they find comfort in the effort. When will this loser mentality end?

And its about time you stop your anti-bangladeshis posts.

So are you going to say that we fans are going to cry over a T20 loss? In T20 a few good over or two decides the entire game. And you know that if the no-ball was given at our favour we would have won.

I am sure that if we had won and our fans would have been celebrating, you would be like: "Dont celebrate so much, its just a mere T20 win".

We can't hit full-tosses for some reason, they instinctively block lol. The last delivery took forever, clever way to kill the momentum.

That can't be a no ball, it was dying down and it would have gone and hit the stumps anyway. Again Sri Lanka killing time of the last ball, the umpires should start giving penalty runs, very pathetic. Why did Prasanna only bowl one over ?

SL took about 4 - 5 minutes to bowl the last ball. They have done this in the past also. Umpires should be vigilant.

And its about time you stop your anti-bangladeshis posts.

So are you going to say that we fans are going to cry over a T20 loss? In T20 a few good over or two decides the entire game. And you know that if the no-ball was given at our favour we would have won.

I am sure that if we had won and our fans would have been celebrating, you would be like: "Dont celebrate so much, its just a mere T20 win".

Bangladesh have developed into a quality ODI/T20 outfit at home. Only if you can find half a decent pacer who doesn't undo all the good work of the batsmen and the spinners, you'll be as formidable as any team can be in home conditions.

Can't wait to see you smash the daylight out of Afghanistan in the Asia cup. Their batsmen are utter hacks who would hit a couple of sixes before throwing their wickets away in the ugliest way possible and their bowlers may be fast but they come with empty skulls so I expect Bangladeshi batsmen to feast on them and utilize their pace.

About time some sense is knocked into Afghanistan cricket. Their quick rise to prominence has led them to believe that they belong with the big boys.

They stutter about and think that they have greater growth potential than Bangladesh and feel offended if someone calls them minnows.

Taking them to the cleaners in the Asia cup would be a good start.

They stutter about and think that they have greater growth potential than Bangladesh and feel offended if someone calls them minnows.

Yea I find it offending when fans claim that Afghanistan(and Ireland) would easily beat us in most formats.

First of all, we have performed very well in LOIs in the past 2 years against higher ranked sides. Also, there is no guarantee that Afghanistan or Ireland will get any better. Afghanistan are unlikely to have a proper FC or List A system and the won't have any home advantage while Ireland lack the domestic structure, passion and that their decent players are being poached.

Zimbabwe on the other hand has quite a lot of potential and Pakistanis(and BDeshis) know it very well. Unfortunately their future is bleak thanks to the current financial crisis

Yea I find it offending when fans claim that Afghanistan(and Ireland) would easily beat us in most formats.

First of all, we have performed very well in LOIs in the past 2 years against higher ranked sides. Also, there is no guarantee that Afghanistan or Ireland will get any better. Afghanistan are unlikely to have a proper FC or List A system and the won't have any home advantage while Ireland lack the domestic structure, passion and that their decent players are being poached.

Zimbabwe on the other hand has quite a lot of potential and Pakistanis(and BDeshis) know it very well. Unfortunately their future is bleak thanks to the current financial crisis

Ireland has the greatest growth potential of all associates. They have good cricketing sense and I believe will defeat Bangladesh on quick and bouncy wickets as they have better pacers.

However, on any slow wicket, Bangladesh will destroy them.

Bangladesh have made massive strides in LOIs and anyone who thinks they are minnows in this format have no clue.

About time some sense is knocked into Afghanistan cricket. Their quick rise to prominence has led them to believe that they belong with the big boys.

No need to kick a team that is an emerging one. Afghan fans simply want more chances against top teams like the Asia Cup to develop further. Its a failure on the part of the ICC to not be able to give them and Ireland more chances. As a Bangladeshi, I feel our superiority to them is beyond doubt, but they have the potential to catch up to us in 5-10 years...with proper funding and support from the ICC.

And don't be surprised to see Afghans eventually excel at cricket. They are natural born athletes unlike Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, and Bangladeshis. I personally know a lot of Afghans and they are tremendously gifted athletes, physically and skillwise, be they Pashtun, Tajik, etc. Cricket might take them a little longer to master because its primary a skill based sport, but they seem to have the passion necessary to succeed.

They will give a tough fight to all the sides they face in the Asia Cup.

Ireland has the greatest growth potential of all associates. They have good cricketing sense and I believe will defeat Bangladesh on quick and bouncy wickets as they have better pacers.

However, on any slow wicket, Bangladesh will destroy them.

Bangladesh have made massive strides in LOIs and anyone who thinks they are minnows in this format have no clue.

We'd manhandle them on our turf, but I think we would just edge them out even in Ireland. The only decent seamer they have is Rankin, and he's not good enough to consistently run through our side, in any format. He will be tough due to his height, but we face players of his pace in internationals all the time.

But I agree they have good cricketing sense and a first world country so I hope that they get the temporary Test status, and then convince/shame the ICC into making them a full member by 2020 or so.

Afghanistan have physical strength, but they don't have cricket brains.

The batsmen idolize Afridi and just want to hit sixes and the bowlers are only interested in pace.

I don't see them becoming a good team ever.

Mamoon you are so pathetic attacking Afghanistan because I posted here hahaha I love my influence on you haha. Kneeel!!!

Its not about you. You have no significance, its what you represent.

An Afghanistan fan making digs at Bangladesh. The irony is too strong.

Brilliant game, fantastic crowd. World T20 should be an epic. Should've really won but if Bangladesh can give that amount of competition to a number 1 side than its likely they will have a good run in the tournament coming up. Mortaza is not a T20 bowler. He is just too predictable but as usual our selectors never learn. Hopefully we can win the final T20.

Mamoon knows that by talking about the Afghanistan team like that he will get a reaction. That's exactly what he wants. He doesn't even believe in that argument. He is just saying it because it goes against the norm. Can call it attention seeking and its pretty common on every thread sadly.

Anyway sad to see Bangladesh choke like this. Was actually supporting them. I do like them as a team and think they have some very good up-coming batsman but fast bowling is laughable. They need a few real fast bowlers or skillful ones to turn up soon else they will continue to lose.

Mamoon knows that by talking about the Afghanistan team like that he will get a reaction. That's exactly what he wants. He doesn't even believe in that argument. He is just saying it because it goes against the norm. Can call it attention seeking and its pretty common on every thread sadly.

Anyway sad to see Bangladesh choke like this. Was actually supporting them. I do like them as a team and think they have some very good up-coming batsman but fast bowling is laughable. They need a few real fast bowlers or skillful ones to turn up soon else they will continue to lose.

I am stating the truth. Sorry if it offended you.

Now let me check the average age of the Afghanistan team and see if your contract covers them or not :najam

Bangladesh got close but just couldn't get over the line. They really need to start winning games like this.

that guy Athar Ali Khan is a very irritating commentator.....gets way too over excited some times..

And SL were bowling extremely well, credit to them.

bowling full tosses extremely well bowling... ??? how

Last edited:
that guy Athar Ali Khan is a very irritating commentator.....gets way too over excited some times..

That, and he uses a lot of cliches
Even Ravi Shastri does it, but he has his style that makes it more tolerable than Athar's.

bowling full tosses extremely well bowling... ??? how

The last over was horrible otherwise it was a great effort by Sri Lanka to restrict us. They bowled in a good line, bowling at a good length and hardly gave away any extras. Their fielding was electrifying too, no wonder they are probably the best T20 team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back