Bangladesh vs Pakistan | Asia Cup 2014 | Dhaka | 04/03/2014 | Bangladesh Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azlan Khan

T20I Debutant
Runs
Pakistan take on the host, Bangladesh in the Asia Cup 2014. Pakistan are a win away from securing a place in the Finals against Sri Lanka.

News coming in that Sharjeel Khan might be dropped due to an injury, Fawad Alam set to replace him.

Toss in 10 mins!

Fawad Alam and Abdul Rehman in
Sharjeel and Junaid out

Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat first.

Sharjeel Khan and Junaid Khan are left out, Fawad Alam and Abdur Rehman replaces them.

Hmm will be nice to see Fawad finally but 4 spinners really ? The batting needs to be strengthened I don't like this 6 bowlers balance.

Fawad finally gets a game! And I wonder if Sharjeel's injury is just an excuse.

For some reason. I am very fidgety and nervous about today's match

Unhappy to see Sharjeel out (is he injured).. However I'm happy to see Fawad Alam being given a chance...

Gul got a luck wicket vs India and was actually our worst bowler. A wicket, so what? Yes it was Kohli but he allowed India a fighting chance with his pathetic bowling.

I don't get why people don't like Junaid. He has one of the best averages, economies and is wicket taking. A couple of bad matches and we want to drop him?

We've seen mediocre Gul his entire career and we persist with him because....

Junaid could do with some rest, In Shaa Allah he'll come back roaring in the final :junaid

Yeh junaid has been getting 5fers every game

he has been wicket less in all 3 matches

He's been pretty economical, and besides, I'm oblivious to all facts against him. Look at my signature. :D

And Tanvir and Riaz still find their way back to the team every so often, Bhatti took 1 wicket in 4 games vs SL and Gul's economy is reprehensible.

aMm3poX.png

I hope Alam doesn't play at 6.
This is the lineup they should go with:

Hafeez
Shehzad
Maqsood
Alam
Misbah
U. Akmal (wk)
Afridi
A. Rehman
Gul
Talha
Ajmal

Batting on the weaker side again; top 6 will need to take responsibility. Hopefully our bowlers will restrict them to a low total.

Misbah-ul-Haq says he's had a talk with the team about the running. "Don't run until the ball goes to the boundary," he joked :misbah

Looks like Hafeez will bowl the first over since Imrul Kayes is in the team.

Hope that ain't the line-up :facepalm: should be;

Shehzad
Hafeez
Fawad
Maqsood
Misbah
Umar
Afridi

Please avoid using only smileys in your posts. Post with only smileys with be deleted.

Add more to your post! :)

When BAN score more the 260, they win 75% of the time. If they score that here, they'll win 100%.

Umar Gul to Imrul Kayes, no run, Kayes is not looking good out there. This is a fuller delivery angled across him and he chases it. Poor choice of shot with two slips waiting for the edge. Even worse when you consider he was dropped in the previous over

Gul is on fast road to be the king of trundlistan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If Pakistan lose today and India beat Afg with a bonus point then India will face SL in the final. Right.?

I do not understand why pakistan have such fascination with playing so many bowlers ?

If Pakistan lose today and India beat Afg with a bonus point then India will face SL in the final. Right.?

NO.

That is because it is not run rate , thing that would be seen is who won in the group stage games.

Its sickening to see pakistan management playing :gul again and again instead of Anwar

I will be very nervous if we have to chase 250+

Anamul, Mushfiq, Nasir and Shakib can be dangerous. Hopefully they'll flop today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back