Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

Shan shouldn’t be anywhere near this team, the fact that he’s captaining is insane. Babar hasn’t been Babar in a long time and if his form continues, he should be dropped. Kramran Ghulam needs to be brought in, the guys been waiting in the reserves for way too long.
Exactly needs to be dropped

I don't think the declaration was the issue.

They smashed us when batting and then ran through our team with the ball.
Declaration is never the issue. The disturbing point could be seen in the last eight matches at home and the recently concluded test against BD. In none of the matches, Pakistan could get 20 wickets of the visitor team. The problem could be because the pitches were all highways or some overhauling is needed for the team to get good bowlers.

In last two years Pakistan has lost to USA, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Ireland and Bangladesh. Three things which were common in all these defeats were Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan and Shaheen Afridi. These three actors have hijacked and ruined the Pakistan cricket. All they care about is their personal milestones, Shaheen took a tailender wicket last day and celebrated it like he has won the match, they got no shame. Babar and Rizwan these both guys are the biggest bottlers I have ever seen, especially Babar, he is finished as a batsman and needs to be dropped. He is the biggest burden to ever exist, there were times when people compared him to Virat Kohli or any of the fab 4 players lol!

Wow since test cricket has returned to Pakistan, the results have been abysmal. Getting tanked by England, beaten by Australia, scraped a draw against New Zealand and now losing to Bangladesh. We will be lucky to draw the series.

I don't know how they will recover for the next match. I will personally use Safi as a batsmen to replace Babar and drop Shaheen. Will it make a difference? Probably not but as the saying goes "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"

Congratulations to BD posters. This was an epic trashing win.

Side note: wtv happed to Ebadot Hossain? If I remember correctly, He was such a good and consistent bowler and won you guys the NZ test

I think 95% of posters in the match thread wanted a declaration.

The only ones who didn't were those who wanted a Rizwan 200
If we were ready to embrace the possibility of losing then it’s fine. But we weren’t. When most sides do it they are prepared for the loss.

I’m against early declarations like this. It’s not how tests are traditionally played for a reason. You first secure the draw and then the win. England of late I feel have actually lost matches and the ashes too with these type of early declarations.

It’s an even worse decision when the test series is short and we may not recover. And shan’s captaincy is now going to be hanging by a thread. We just got him as a new captain and we might now be forced to replace him after this.

Appreciate though it’s easy in hindsight. But it’s still a mistake as we underestimated Bangladesh. I am pretty sure against other teams we wouldn’t have done this nor fans ask we do this.

Just wasn’t worth the risk at this stage. A seasoned captain and a strong home performing team with a balanced bowling attack maybe. But we weren’t any of these things.

It’s not the loss that bothers me the most. Need to focus on improvement. I’m more worried how we’re going to build a side with a test captain who has just lost to Bangladesh at home. Knives are going to be out for him every series now.

UAE was a much better venue for Pakistan team, it's falling to Lowest of Lows ever since have started playing in Pakistan.

That 152/0 in the long run has totally destroyed our cricket. It allowed many average players to become superstars where they cannot be touched anymore
No victory alone destroys a team. Fans should take this reasoning out

Answer my question bro. If Sarfraz replaced Rizwan would he scored 300 runs to save us?
Do you want to drop Rizwan and bring Sarfraz as the only change?
It happened against NZ last year

Pakistan didn’t lose 5 Tests in a row on home soil did they? They would have had you stuck to Rizwan

Believe that.

Tuned in for 1st time for this series - Congratulations to Bangladesh fans.
commiserations to Pak fans.
to win after conceding 450 and truncated first day - that takes some doing...
Cant believe - pak went without any spinner - obviously read pitch and conditions wrong....
I guess next match pitch will be green bouncy and spicy but not a raging turner...
Is'nt this aus drop in pitches that Rambo raja or some other top PCB guy said in 2020 or something that they are going to do soil analysis and make pitches similar to aus?
From an indian view point, i hope our guys/TM are following this match and series...this win will surely send the thunderflash up our guys - i heard there is talk of resting jazz boom and VK etc for BD home series, there is no way -cannot take Bangla lightly.
Good hard fought test match win. bring on the next test

We should stop the Pak bashing and give Bangladesh their due. It has been a superb performance by them.
Pak merely lost to a side that was better on its day. Happens all the time.

Congratulations Bangladesh.
Naah. BD can’t become a superb side overnight. Pak played poorly.

It happened against NZ last year

Pakistan didn’t lose 5 Tests in a row on home soil did they? They would have had you stuck to Rizwan

Believe that.
Come on!!! You can't blame Rizwan for every loss as if he scored 0s and others scoring hundreds

Come on!!! You can't blame Rizwan for every loss as if he scored 0s and others scoring hundreds
Have I stated anything that is incorrect?

Did Pakistan avoid 5 Test match losses with Rizwan playing at home? Did Pakistan lose straight away when Rizwan returned playing at home?

Bangladesh secured their first-ever Test victory against Pakistan in their 14th attempt, winning by 10 wickets in Rawalpindi with a session to spare. Pakistan, trailing by 117 runs after the first innings, began the final day needing 94 runs to erase the deficit. They struggled to 108 for six by lunch and were bowled out for 146, 93 minutes into the second session. Bangladesh comfortably chased the 30-run target without losing a wicket, finally overcoming the memory of their narrow one-wicket loss in Multan 21 years ago.

Pakistan's declaration at 448 for six in their first innings marked their second-highest first innings total in a losing cause, surpassed only by their 574 for eight declared against Australia in Melbourne in 1972. Bangladesh responded with 565, led by Mushfiqur Rahim’s outstanding 191, earning him Player of the Match honors, alongside half-centuries from Shadman Islam, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Litton Das, and Mominul Haque.

This defeat extended Pakistan's winless streak at home to nine Tests. The last victory was against South Africa in Rawalpindi in February 2021. Since then, they have drawn two Tests and lost one to Australia, lost all three against England, and drew both Tests against New Zealand.

The victory was orchestrated by Bangladesh's spin duo of Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Shakib Al Hasan, who shared seven wickets, while the pace trio of Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, and Nahid Rana each claimed a wicket. Mehidy finished with figures of 4-21, dismissing key players, including Mohammad Rizwan, who scored 51. Shakib took 3-44, helping dismantle Pakistan's batting lineup.

After Shoriful Islam dismissed Saim Ayub, Hasan Mahmud removed Shan Masood, confirmed by technology. Babar Azam was dismissed by Nahid Rana after scoring 22. Pakistan's batting collapsed from 66, with wickets falling quickly, including Saud Shakeel, Abdullah Shafique, and others, as Bangladesh's bowlers applied pressure.

This victory marks Bangladesh's second win outside their home in the ICC World Test Championship, following their win against New Zealand at Bay Oval. The loss impacts Pakistan's chances of reaching the ICC World Test Championship final in July 2025, although they still have eight Tests remaining, including six at home. The second Test against Bangladesh starts on August 30, followed by a three-Test series against England in October. Pakistan will then travel to South Africa for two Tests and host West Indies for two Tests in January.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan: 448-6d (Mohammad Rizwan 171 not out, Saud Shakeel 141, Saim Ayub 56, Shaheen Shah Afridi 29 not out; Hasan Mahmud 2-70, Shoriful Islam 2-77) and 146 all out (Mohammad Rizwan 51, Abdullah Shafique 37, Babar Azam 22; Mehidy Hasan Miraz 4-21, Shakib Al Hasan 3-44)

Bangladesh: 565 all out, 167.3 overs (Mushfiqur Rahim 191, Shadman Islam 93, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 77, Litton Das 56, Mominul Haque 50; Naseem Shah 3-93, Shaheen Shah Afridi 2-88, Mohammad Ali 2-88, Khurram Shahzad 2-90) and 30-0

Result: Bangladesh won by 10 wickets

Player of the Match: Mushfiqur Rahim (Bangladesh)

Second Test: Rawalpindi, 30 August-3 September

Have I stated anything that is incorrect?

Did Pakistan avoid 5 Test match losses with Rizwan playing at home? Did Pakistan lose straight away when Rizwan returned playing at home?
So others were playing fantastic, we would have won if Rizwan didn't play

Absurd logic from Rizwan haters "If Rizwan didn't score 222 we would have won this test by an innings".
You can’t help but being cursed. Unfortunately, Rizwan is. Deal with it.

So if Rizwan didn't score 220 runs we would've won this test, right? Shan/Babar/Saim/Shafiq/Salman all would have scored 100 and Shaheen and Nasim would get 10 wickets each.
You never know, God works in mysterious ways.

What is clear is, Pakistan lose hope Tests with Rizwan in the playing XI

When the "so called" fans are dying to make your highest run scorer of the match scapegoat there is something seriously wrong with their game understanding or intentions.

When the "so called" fans are dying to make your highest run scorer of the match scapegoat there is something seriously wrong with their game understanding or intentions.
No. These ‘so called fans’ as you described them were screaming that Pakistan is heading towards a massive downfall when Misbah was busy destroying the career of Sarfaraz in 2019.

Don’t judge a book based on the page you stumbled upon.

Shan Masood speaking during the post-match ceremony after losing the match against Bangladesh:

"Never to make an excuse, it (the pitch) didn't play the way we thought it would. Also, the weather had been around in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, it rained around 8-9 days before the first day of play. Firstly looking at the pitch, we expected it to do a bit more. With three pace bowlers, they were gonna be pushed to the limit. At the end of the day, we got it wrong."

"Hindsight, looking at the declaration, we wanted to push the game forward. Also with the ball and in the field, we could have done better to keep them at par. It's a misconception, with the way it was going to take a lot. When you are playing for a draw, funny things can happen. A lot can happen under pressure. There have been mistakes and we have to do better when we play next. "

"There's always room for a spinner, we lost Aamer Jamal who does well with both bat and ball. In Sydney, Sajid Khan played, going with four pacers didn't work in this game. There have been different pitches produced, it's a huge lesson for us on what to expect from our own conditions. The key is to consider the conditions and not make the same mistakes we have made here.?

Damn I am totally lost here. Was sure Pakistan would have won this easily and winning by an innings.

Just when I thought Pakistan couldn't go any lower they have humbled me again.

Pakistan lost but atleast the Ummah have won, so it is not all that bad.

There might be further lows for PAK cricket cos I don't think :wy has joined the setup yet.
We are used to this. In near future we will not even qualify for WCs. PCB doesn't care so as players as player power is way too strong to drop players who involve in groupings.

Well done to BD and congrats to their fans....
As an indian fan i only hope our guys are closely watching this and do the right preparations and not rest our key players against BD.

Can't wait to have the bangla boys on our shores, would be a good series.

As an indian fan i only hope our guys are closely watching this and do the right preparations and not rest our key players against BD.

We will beat Bangladesh comfortably and show Pakistan how to beat any team at home which they can't do.

Every time i hear him I cringe, we got rid of that dictator board president of ours, I wish we can get rid of this commentator too
I agree that he has always been cringy but he is just too filled with patriotism and can't contain his excitement. Once Tamim and their likes retire we will be getting better commentators eventually but until then Athar is all we have

Shan Masood in press conference after defeat in 1st Test Match against Bangladesh at Rawalpindi:

"I think that's when we were 200 runs ahead in the game. There were five wickets down when Litton Das and Mushfiqur Rahim were playing, and that's where we could have actually imposed ourselves in the game. That's where we've sort of let ourselves down. And then, obviously, if you look at today with the bat, that's where we've let ourselves down. So it's been a couple of mistakes."

After losing Salman Ali Agha as the sixth wicket, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah faced 38 out of the next 56 deliveries, while Rizwan faced only 18 deliveries - hardly the ideal approach when trying to save the Test

Congratulations to BD posters. This was an epic trashing win.

Side note: wtv happed to Ebadot Hossain? If I remember correctly, He was such a good and consistent bowler and won you guys the NZ test
Ebadot has been recuperating from a serious leg injury for the past 14 months. Last I heard he has started bowling in the nets.

I agree that he has always been cringy but he is just too filled with patriotism and can't contain his excitement. Once Tamim and their likes retire we will be getting better commentators eventually but until then Athar is all we have
It's better to have nothing than this ear infection

After losing Salman Ali Agha as the sixth wicket, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah faced 38 out of the next 56 deliveries, while Rizwan faced only 18 deliveries - hardly the ideal approach when trying to save the Test
@Rana Something people won't admit to

So now you want to bring Islam into it? I can’t say a player is cursed as a cricketer because it’s against Islam?
lol. People unnecessarily bring religion into a simple argument about sports. The moment they lose the argument or feel like they got no comeback, they run to hide under religion umbrella.

Bangladesh secured their first-ever Test victory against Pakistan in their 14th attempt, winning by 10 wickets in Rawalpindi with a session to spare. Pakistan, trailing by 117 runs after the first innings, began the final day needing 94 runs to erase the deficit. They struggled to 108 for six by lunch and were bowled out for 146, 93 minutes into the second session. Bangladesh comfortably chased the 30-run target without losing a wicket, finally overcoming the memory of their narrow one-wicket loss in Multan 21 years ago.

Pakistan's declaration at 448 for six in their first innings marked their second-highest first innings total in a losing cause, surpassed only by their 574 for eight declared against Australia in Melbourne in 1972. Bangladesh responded with 565, led by Mushfiqur Rahim’s outstanding 191, earning him Player of the Match honors, alongside half-centuries from Shadman Islam, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Litton Das, and Mominul Haque.

This defeat extended Pakistan's winless streak at home to nine Tests. The last victory was against South Africa in Rawalpindi in February 2021. Since then, they have drawn two Tests and lost one to Australia, lost all three against England, and drew both Tests against New Zealand.

The victory was orchestrated by Bangladesh's spin duo of Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Shakib Al Hasan, who shared seven wickets, while the pace trio of Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, and Nahid Rana each claimed a wicket. Mehidy finished with figures of 4-21, dismissing key players, including Mohammad Rizwan, who scored 51. Shakib took 3-44, helping dismantle Pakistan's batting lineup.

After Shoriful Islam dismissed Saim Ayub, Hasan Mahmud removed Shan Masood, confirmed by technology. Babar Azam was dismissed by Nahid Rana after scoring 22. Pakistan's batting collapsed from 66, with wickets falling quickly, including Saud Shakeel, Abdullah Shafique, and others, as Bangladesh's bowlers applied pressure.

This victory marks Bangladesh's second win outside their home in the ICC World Test Championship, following their win against New Zealand at Bay Oval. The loss impacts Pakistan's chances of reaching the ICC World Test Championship final in July 2025, although they still have eight Tests remaining, including six at home. The second Test against Bangladesh starts on August 30, followed by a three-Test series against England in October. Pakistan will then travel to South Africa for two Tests and host West Indies for two Tests in January.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan: 448-6d (Mohammad Rizwan 171 not out, Saud Shakeel 141, Saim Ayub 56, Shaheen Shah Afridi 29 not out; Hasan Mahmud 2-70, Shoriful Islam 2-77) and 146 all out (Mohammad Rizwan 51, Abdullah Shafique 37, Babar Azam 22; Mehidy Hasan Miraz 4-21, Shakib Al Hasan 3-44)

Bangladesh: 565 all out, 167.3 overs (Mushfiqur Rahim 191, Shadman Islam 93, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 77, Litton Das 56, Mominul Haque 50; Naseem Shah 3-93, Shaheen Shah Afridi 2-88, Mohammad Ali 2-88, Khurram Shahzad 2-90) and 30-0

Result: Bangladesh won by 10 wickets

Player of the Match: Mushfiqur Rahim (Bangladesh)

Second Test: Rawalpindi, 30 August-3 September

@Rana Something people won't admit to
They will argue this is Rizwan’s way of empowering the lesser batsmen by encouraging them exposing the strike to them.

I don’t blame him, he just isn’t there mentally for me to actually take him seriously. Very average person with average way of thinking

They will argue this is Rizwan’s way of empowering the lesser batsmen by encouraging them exposing the strike to them.

I don’t blame him, he just isn’t there mentally for me to actually take him seriously. Very average person with average way of thinking
I remember last year during the NZ series. I talked about why rizwam was frequently getting run out because he kept jabbing it to the fielder in the inner ring and taking suicide run outs.

I was met with a response of, he's being innovative, remember fortune favours the brave 🤣

Agreed. India should not take Bangladesh lightly. They are likely to put up a good fight on our national highway pitches.

Najmul Hossain Shanto in post-match press conference:

"Our spinners know how to bowl on different surfaces and our bowlers were top-notch. Last ten to fifteen days we were practicing here and that's why we got the result."

"We should enjoy this victory but we should also focus on the next match which is important for us."

"Our strength was spin bowling but our pacers have also been bowling really well recently. I don't think Pakistan took us lightly."

"From the last month or so, we had really difficult situations. Still, there are some problems there. We support each other in Bangladesh. I think this win will put a little bit of a smile on their face. We will try to do the same in the next Test."

Fell asleep after lunch break (Pakistan were 108/6).

When I woke up, I found out BD won. I had to double check whether it was just a lucid dream. LOL.

Do I have the power to have my decisions enforced?

70% of the Pakistan regulars would not be on central contracts if this were my direction
You have been too much critical of batsman Rizwan. I can't understand. The bowling has been poor. Batsmen particularly 2 did well in first innings. Failed in the 2nd. But the bowlers failed throughout. Still Rizwan under your 🔥

Bangladesh's third-highest Test total in the first innings secured them a milestone win against Pakistan!

H8AStKC.jpeg

You have been too much critical of batsman Rizwan. I can't understand. The bowling has been poor. Batsmen particularly 2 did well in first innings. Failed in the 2nd. But the bowlers failed throughout. Still Rizwan under your 🔥
Do you think I would be happy if Saim (who I like) scored 300* in the first innings?

UAE was a much better venue for Pakistan team, it's falling to Lowest of Lows ever since have started playing in Pakistan.

You had peak Ajmal with Misbah and YK in middle order in UAE.

If this team had same players they would also win in Pakistan.

Problem is lack of an aggressive spinner like peak Ajmal who can run through sides on day 4-5 along with calm heads like Misbah and YK who were great players of spin and slow conditions.

I was expecting BD to lose. But, once they crossed 400, I thought it could be a draw.

What happened on Day 5 even surprised me.

If pitch remains flat in 2nd Test, we may see another draw-ish game.

I was expecting BD to lose. But, once they crossed 400, I thought it could be a draw.

What happened on Day 5 even surprised me.

If pitch remains flat in 2nd Test, we may see another draw-ish game.
Trust me, by the end of Day 4 I was afraid that Pakistan might get all out for under 200 on day 5 and bingo! and that’s exactly what happened. It wasn’t surprising to me tbh as this has happened more frequently with Pakistan in the past.

You had peak Ajmal with Misbah and YK in middle order in UAE.

If this team had same players they would also win in Pakistan.

Problem is lack of an aggressive spinner like peak Ajmal who can run through sides on day 4-5 along with calm heads like Misbah and YK who were great players of spin and slow conditions.
I agree we have to become good again at something.

Think middle order is the best bet to turn into a strength. Babar and saud can become that YK-Misbah partnership if Babar recovers form and saud keeps it up. They have the ability. Then if Rizwan keeps scoring runs and maybe kamran comes in and does well, that’s a decent middle order. Especially in tests we had a working middle order of azhar, yk, misbah, asad and Sarfraz. That hardly changed for many years and all were at least decent. Even asad who many complained about, still benefitted from having a long run.

I can’t see much from the openers, pacers or spinners right now. Hopefully this will change.Shaheen is still a genuine talent but I don’t think tests are in his future and is better off only playing Loi to better manage injuries.

You mean the day India fluked a final after doing their best to choke yet again? :klopp
Hahha that what you can say now .this is not thread about india so will discuss you in another thread .i was tagged you after WT20 but as usual you were disappeared .

You mean the day India fluked a final after doing their best to choke yet again? :klopp
I always respected you as a poster, but man are you bitter when you are talking to someone with a different point of view .

India was the most dominant team in the world cup and won it . It was one of the cleanest world cups wins.

I always respected you as a poster, but man are you bitter when you are talking to someone with a different point of view .

India was the most dominant team in the world cup and won it . It was one of the cleanest world cups wins.

Its just a light hearted banter ...take it easy... the way I look at it ... I think even Mamoon is now fedup that almost all of his dire predictions for PCT have come true.

Ramiz Raja slams the Pakistan team in his latest YouTube video:

"Firstly, there was a mistake in team selection. You were without a spinner.”

“Secondly, the reputation based on which we rely on our fast bowlers is finished."

“This debacle, a sort of a confidence crisis, started during the Asia Cup when India bashed our pacers on seaming conditions and then the secret was out to the world that the only way to counter this line-up was to attack."

"Their speeds have decreased, and so have their skill set. The Bangladesh fast bowlers seemed more penetrative while our bowlers were involved in more drama around their wickets."

"Since Pakistan did not have an out-and-out fast bowler on that track, even Bangladesh, with that line-up stood tall against our pacers with speeds around 125 to 135kmph.”

Agreed. India should not take Bangladesh lightly. They are likely to put up a good fight on our national highway pitches.
either that or on our pathetic excuse of snake pit bunsen burner pitches that turn from 1st ball 1st session 1st day...
if you thru in that Tajiul guy into this BD bowling attack- our guys will have their hands full...

Back