Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

I don't think the declaration was the issue.

They smashed us when batting and then ran through our team with the ball.

Be specific. Which players need to be kicked out? What’s the meaning of giving a kick up the backside? What does that serve? Keep giving Rizwan a kick up his backside to score useless runs on a highway? What’s going to improve?
Come on bro!!! So other batsmen did a great job? So even 200+ isn't good enough. Can you guarantee Sarfraz will score 300 on this pitch?

Wow just wow. It can't get any embarrassing than that.

Rizwan is the only one who tried his best.
Zimbabar should be kicked out for sure.
Shan Masood is just poor. Abdullah Shafiq is another poor player and salman doesn't make any sense.
Whole team is embarrassing.

I think Shan might be the first pakistani Test captain who goes winless in all of his games.

2Nd test against Bangladesh is his last opportunity.

I don't see him even troubling England or SA. Not a chance.

Responsibility of this loss is more on the batsmen. This is still a good enough surface to survive and could have drawn this match

Pak should have never declared. they should have scored mammoth 1st inning score to make it impossible for Bangaldesh to make it.

From the UK so I have a different perspective to people from Pakistan.

This has nothing to do with one set of players from Karachi or another from KP. People arguing over different levels of rubbish.

At the end of the day, this is Pakistan cricket at its worst. Saw it in the WC against USA and are just seeing it again now. Smashed by England and Australia at home.

The players are all rubbish. That's it, there's no super detail analysis involved. Players aren't good enough to play at elite level. Some mentally idiotic , some have next to no ability and most have neither.

Combine that with a board that lines its own pockets and nothing else , little investment in grassroots and you have the Pakistan cricket team.

The PSL has played its part in ruining Pakistan international cricket . Players now doing the franchise circuit , not caring about internationals. average and basic players, looking good in sub par franchise tournaments and getting paid for it .

I was always a champion for getting cricket back to Pakistan but I actually hope the ICC take the champions trophy off them. Its only going to line corrupt officials from the PCB.

This is a bad loss. The next one will be an expected loss. Soon people will be complaining and arguing if losing to Zimbabwe is worse than Ireland.

Pakistan is officially a rubbish cricket team and anyone who expects them to be better after a few player changes or the odd pointless appointment within the PCB which seemingly just seems to dilute the power between more chawals will be dreaming.

Stop complaining and arguing with each other over the cause of the rubbish that is Pakistani cricket. Its not one set of players, its not one area in Pakistan, its not just the coaching, its not just the pitch curator. It is everyone within the game. we deserve everything that's happening to us and will happen.

Congratulations Bangladesh.

Arrogance, wouldn’t have done it against a different nation.
Sadly I think this is true. We kind of deserve this loss based on that. Somehow we took it for granted we’d skittle Bangladesh. I don’t think we would have declared like that against other sides.

90s Zim team was very strong with flower brothers, Jhonson, Goodwin, Streak etc
Agreed, but they were against 90s Pakistan team which were way stronger than the current Pak team. So, the gap between the teams are same, be it current pak vs bangladesh or 90s pak vs zim.

There are a few agenda posters who want their own tried and tested failures back in the side.

I wasn't a fan of Rizwan either but he has a place in the side on merit alone
Exactly!! He is blamed for 220+ where others failed like no tomorrow. So drop him and bring Sarfraz who can score 300 runs with SR of 90+

If the nexus hadn't taken over in 2019 our team would have looked like this
1. Saim
2. Shajreel
3. Saud
4. Omair
5. Fawad
6. Danish
7. Saifi
8. Jamal
9. Amir
10. Mir Hamza
11. Hasnain

This team even now is 10 times better than what we currently have. If they were allowed 5 years to grow and develop together, I can guarantee that we would have not lost a single test at home and would have at least one trophy in our cabinet

I don’t play or watch cricket with the memory of a goldfish

Let me be, those who follow this game the way I do be.
You’re circling back to issues in the t20 team and confusing them with the test team. Rizwan has been one of, if not the best test wicketkeeper going around.

1000%

I want my Pakistan team back. At least I believe in this firmly!
So, you want to kick out who is performing because you don't like him and keep handing over captaincy to guys who does not even deserves a place in team.

You’re circling back to issues in the t20 team and confusing them with the test team. Rizwan has been one of, if not the best test wicketkeeper going around.
I think technically he is actually a good player. But too many times he does stupid things. The worst of him is his poor fitness. the guy cramps up way more than he should. Why is his fitness so bad? This can be worked one, I also thing he should be captain out of the current group of rubbish.

Congratulations to team BD and all Bangladeshi fans.

Hoping for BD to show more consistency from hereon, especially in test format.

Now for the next test give Bangladesh fans free visas to come in numbers to Pindi to watch them win a historic series.

The ground should be 80% full of Bangladesh supporters.

You mean they should have played from a draw at the outset?
Sort of. You bat the opposition out of the game first and then look for the win. That’s what tests are, it’s dependent on conditions.

I know their exceptions to the rule. But Pakistan isn’t the best side right now, have only recently restarted playing at home and with not a great record doing so. It’d be different maybe if Pakistan had become a sort of fortress. We didn’t even pick a spinner so we were not exactly the most prepared.

We only did it let’s face it because it was Bangladesh who we thought we’d beat. Other teams we wouldn’t have dared. That’s arrogance really.

Congratulations to all fellow Bangladeshi. This was unbelievable.

For Pakistan, this should be a lesson. Don't underestimate your opposition. That was the reason for the downfall.

All talk about pitches and Ramiz Raja should stop now.

This match has exposed that argument brutally.

When pitch was flat, your fearsome , most talented pace quartet could not stop a BD batting lineup from posting 550+

And when the pitch started doing something , BD bowling ran through your batting like knives through hot butter.

Basically your team needs a pitch that is flat when you bat and a seamer when you bowl.

Very difficult pitch to make :srini

If the nexus hadn't taken over in 2019 our team would have looked like this
1. Saim
2. Shajreel
3. Saud
4. Omair
5. Fawad
6. Danish
7. Saifi
8. Jamal
9. Amir
10. Mir Hamza
11. Hasnain

This team even now is 10 times better than what we currently have. If they were allowed 5 years to grow and develop together, I can guarantee that we would have not lost a single test at home and would have at least one trophy in our cabinet
You can’t be serious. Like I feel like you’re playing a prank on me rn. Sharjeel couldn’t even score against retired players.

It’s not just cricket.

Bhai let me be. You are all discovering Pakistan cricket now, not me.

Congratulations to all fellow Bangladeshi. This was unbelievable.

For Pakistan, this should be a lesson. Don't underestimate your opposition. That was the reason for the downfall.
they won't learn anything. pak are a rubbish team with loser mentality . Couple that with a corrupt board lining their own pockets.

Sort of. You bat the opposition out of the game first and then look for the win. That’s what tests are, it’s dependent on conditions.

I know their exceptions to the rule. But Pakistan isn’t the best side right now, have only recently restarted playing at home and with not a great record doing so. It’d be different maybe if Pakistan had become a sort of fortress. We didn’t even pick a spinner so we were not exactly the most prepared.

We only did it let’s face it because it was Bangladesh who we thought we’d beat. Other teams we wouldn’t have dared. That’s arrogance really.
I think 95% of posters in the match thread wanted a declaration.

The only ones who didn't were those who wanted a Rizwan 200

Shan Masood has got to go he's played over 30 test matches and averages 28!

He wouldn't even make it as a batsmen for Afg or Zim yet he is the captain of Pakistan🤣

You can’t be serious. Like I feel like you’re playing a prank on me rn. Sharjeel couldn’t even score against retired players.
Sharjeel couldn’t score? What are you on about?

It’s not just cricket.

Bhai let me be. You are all discovering Pakistan cricket now, not me.
“It’s not just cricket” said on a thread about cricket which is on a website about cricket. Just give the rizwan hate a break dude.

“It’s not just cricket” said on a thread about cricket which is on a website about cricket. Just give the rizwan hate a break dude.
Well enjoy your break…

He’s been a part of every Pakistan humiliation in the past few years

If Pak gets their XI combination right I think there is no reason that they won't win the 2nd test on any pitch.

Our trac record in back to back tests are not good. We defeated NZ in NZ than lost the next match against NZ by huge margin.

Considering all these, if conditions suit for a bowling pitch will Pakistan make the pitch?

I am having the feeling will be a fiery match if the pitch is bowling friendly.

This series is gone. The backlash from the media, fans, ex players will be such, Bangladesh are now going to turn up for the next game with a totally different body language

4xfUzU2.png

Pakistan players were complaining that this pitch was too flat and wouldn't produce a result.

Hahahahahaha

Lol this is the funniest post I have ever seen on Pp. Looks like a street fight where you call all your trump cards 🤣🤣

Bhai kya hai ye 🤣🤣
Chaprasiyon ko bulanay ke barbar hai

One of these clowns was so impressed with Shan Masood as captain, now he can finally rest knowing the guy just captained us to a historic defeat.

Not even Australia, India or England have ever won by 10 wickets in Pakistan like this Bangladesh side has done, when you want to boost a nation going through turmoil you can always rely on Pakistan to give them that boost, embarrassing is not the word!

This series is gone. The backlash from the media, fans, ex players will be such, Bangladesh are now going to turn up for the next game with a totally different body language
Lol you guys certainly don't follow our team and players

Chaprasiyon ko bulanay ke barbar hai

One of these clowns was so impressed with Shan Masood as captain, now he can finally rest knowing the guy just captained us to a historic defeat.
Bhai anyway no one takes him seriously for the obvious reasons, but this post has crossed all the limits 🤣

Mate they got shot out for 140 on a batting wicket

Why would they do a bowling wicket?
My thread title was will Pakistan be brave enough..but I changed it in the last moment as I did not want to rile up any posters

They have to.

It would be idiotic to not prepare a grassy or bouncy pitch that will last at least 3 or 4 days.

Definitely not spinning pitch, that's for sure!

Most days since winning a home Test match currently:

Zimbabwe - 4,002.

Pakistan - 1,294*.

- Zimbabwe have played only 14 home Tests in 11 years meanwhile Pakistan played 9 in 3 years.

Shan shouldn’t be anywhere near this team, the fact that he’s captaining is insane. Babar hasn’t been Babar in a long time and if his form continues, he should be dropped. Kramran Ghulam needs to be brought in, the guys been waiting in the reserves for way too long.

When you prepare a ‘sporting pitch’ you need to have the skills to take advantage. It’ll be funny if you do that- and still lose because you weren’t good enough.

Back